Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail

Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail

Saturday, July 25th, 2009 7:58am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings, Store News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 58,069

Has Seibertron.com's galleries of ROTF Devastator got you salivating to find your own?

Good news, ROTF Devastator is starting to get found at retail as our own member robofreak can attest!

I found Devastator!!! I posted the sighting with my proof

Let me say that this is one awesome toy. He's big and menacing. He doesn't look as Tonkaish as I had originally thought. It's more like what I saw at Botcon. The videos and reviews I've seen don't do him justice.

The only downside to him is that Mixmaster just won't shut up. He makes all kinds of noise if even a fly sneezes.

Oh, and he also mentions and shows in the images of his findings that he found a little 'ol toy called Human Alliance Sideswipe! Yes sir, looks like time for some people to start investigating their local Toys R' Us.

Add your sightings to the sightings database, and report your findings to your local collectors (click on the links).

Re: Devastator is Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seibertron.com for all of your Transformers news and resource needs.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News

Credit(s): robofreak

Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961422)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on July 25th, 2009 @ 8:02am CDT
robofreak wrote:
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:You're crazy man.
You really are.

How so?

Dude, it's about a hundred dollars!
I'f I planned on buying him, I'd at least wait until a sale or a price drop or something.
Sure, he looks cool, but I don't think he's worth that much.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961428)
Posted by HighPrime on July 25th, 2009 @ 8:44am CDT

Drop the price to $60 and paint it Constructicon green, then I'll buy. Otherwise, pass for me.

Good find though! :)
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961440)
Posted by jaws on July 25th, 2009 @ 9:22am CDT
robofreak wrote:I found Devastator!!! I posted the sighting with my proof

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=12407&start=75

Lucky find. May swing by my TRU next week.

I just wish Hasbro would stop the BS of getting the new figures to the western US first. Everything shows up in California, the Pacific coast, Arizona, Texas lately; last time I checked there are TF fans all over the country. Hasbro is in Rhode Island, how about starting at the east coast and going west for once?
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961454)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 25th, 2009 @ 9:41am CDT
want.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961461)
Posted by Superior Prime09 on July 25th, 2009 @ 9:52am CDT
Count me as "crazy" too, I'll be getting him for that price. Also still looking for Jetfire. Grrrrrr! Damn Michigan. If I don't find him in retailers soon, I'll have to resort in purchasing him online. Oh! and finding Sideswipe as well.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961473)
Posted by El Duque on July 25th, 2009 @ 10:17am CDT
Guess I can be counted among the "crazies" on here to, because this will be buy on sight for me.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961474)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 25th, 2009 @ 10:18am CDT
Does the HA Sideswipe and Epps come with a copy of Mayhem?
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961491)
Posted by Fenixblue on July 25th, 2009 @ 10:43am CDT
jaws wrote:Lucky find. May swing by my TRU next week.

Jaws, It's not BS it's logistics. Would you rather Hasbro raise their prices just so you can get them on the east coast first? That's what they would have to do. They are imported from China and are going to hit the west coast first unless you've figured out some way to teleport the product. If you have you shouldn't have a problem popping to the west coast to pick them up.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961508)
Posted by prowl123 on July 25th, 2009 @ 11:06am CDT
I will be at Toys R" Us every day until I see them! Along with Wave 4 and 5 :D
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961510)
Posted by Nightscreech on July 25th, 2009 @ 11:07am CDT
HighPrime wrote:He does look cool, but not cool enough for the price, IMO. I don't mind that the individual 'bots don't transform into robots (how often does anyone transform them into robots, anyway? I know I don't), however, the lack of paint apps is a real let down. For Hasbro to justify the price at that scale is questionable, at best. I can only imagine it's "movie" fever and people will pay the price. Of course, some may think it's worth it, though. To each their own.

Good find though! :)

If the individual vehicles Transformed as well as combined into Devastator id get it, since they don't not really that interested in him. The price is something i'm not really into either, considering.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961513)
Posted by prowl123 on July 25th, 2009 @ 11:10am CDT
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:
robofreak wrote:
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:You're crazy man.
You really are.

How so?

Dude, it's about a hundred dollars!
Sure, he looks cool, but I don't think he's worth that much.

Yeah, I could not agree more. Aren't supremes usually, like, 50 bucks? Devastator is barely even worth that much. He should be leader priced due to his terrible paint job, and crappy design!
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961530)
Posted by bronzgunz on July 25th, 2009 @ 11:38am CDT
Was at TRU Vienna, WV, yesterday. Nothing new. :MAD:
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961781)
Posted by Agent 007 on July 25th, 2009 @ 8:12pm CDT
imao that gift set is a rip off $100 for a megazord? he's barely taller than a leader! I might buy him but for no more than $40 way too little detail too.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (961898)
Posted by robofreak on July 26th, 2009 @ 2:19am CDT

All that matters to me is that I'm happy with the figure. Do I think the price is a little high? Yes. Do I think it should be $50? No. The figure is massive while being squat at the same time. I'd say $80 is more reasonable. I'm still happy with my purchase.

I'm going to laugh when this thing never gets the crazy discounts people talk about. I really don't think it's going to go 50%. You all would be lucky to see it clearanced for $80. I'm pretty sure stores are only going to keep 2-4 of them at any time so it's safe to say they'll sell.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (962312)
Posted by jaws on July 26th, 2009 @ 9:51pm CDT
robofreak wrote:I don't really care that some of you think I'm crazy for dropping $100 on Devastator. I dropped $100 on a MIB Braver a week ago. Keep in mind that my name is robofreak for a very specific reason.

I agree with your post completely; especially since it's the buyer's happiness. I've dropped some extra bucks to get a figure I've wanted too. The stores in this part of Ohio only have a good selection when major waves are released, so I have to resort to paying more to get them.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (962767)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 27th, 2009 @ 1:09pm CDT
The thing that really annoys me about Devastator is that even though Hasbro saved oodles of cash with not having to engineer robot forms into the individual component pieces they couldnt spring for decent paint apps. OH NO, we get mainly vehicles made up of one or two. These figures should look worn and dirty ( I know that one has something on the shovel or something ) instead of looking like they were made from Lego or something.

Having said that, I will be buying one when they go on sale in TRU or Argos as they will no doubt do in a few months.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (962781)
Posted by Agent 007 on July 27th, 2009 @ 1:37pm CDT

umm look at ultimate bumblebee he was on shelves for what 3 weeks before he went on clerance? U honestly think parents are going to shell out $100 on a devi set when they would'nt shell out $80 for the most likely child favorite character? Who besides collecters are going to spend $100 for this? Most kids don't have that kind of cash and I doubt the parents will want them to buy something that expensive. I'm sorry but for $100 I want at the very least a tall robot that even squatting is larger than a leader ,and at least more than 2 paint apps on each limb.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (962818)
Posted by skywarp-2 on July 27th, 2009 @ 2:52pm CDT
Agent 007 wrote:

Dude we weren't in a bad recession as we are now.. so I can't see them buying a Devastator at even $60.00... but then again $60.00 is the magic number for Xmas.. so we may not see a price reduction till then..in the off chance someone does want it and will buy it at $100.00 USD.. I am going to wait till I see it on clearance, or atleast in the $55.00 range.. that is the most I can justify to myself at buying a slightly larger then leader sized figure that transforms from Robot into tonka trucks..
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (962867)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 27th, 2009 @ 4:55pm CDT
Play.com already have it down to £95. Not much but its a start.
Re: Transformers ROTF Devastator And Human Alliance Sideswipe Found At Retail (963622)
Posted by prowl123 on July 28th, 2009 @ 2:20pm CDT
Dude, I went to Toys R Us today. Wave 4 and 5 still not out

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #255 - Judgment Day
"Judgment Day"
Posted: Sunday, July 19th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Dead End Complete Deluxe ROTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Lot Of 3 Decepticons Lockdown KSI Boss Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 41 CONSTRUCTICON SCRAPMETAL Deluxe MISB Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generation 2 #1 Marvel  IDW Headmasters Optimus Prime Bumblebee lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Titan Class Metroplex - MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Nitro Series Dropkick Energon Igniters New by Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Fall of Cybertron - Voyager: Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie Shatter Action Figure (Read description)" on EBAY