Transformers News: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail

Sunday, March 3rd, 2019 2:08PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Wolfman Jake   Views: 24,084

Hot on the heals of the sighting in Australia, we now have photographic evidence that Transformers: War for Cybertron - SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave are in the wild at U.S. retail stores! Seibertron.com member and site moderator Rodimus Prime found the pair at his local Walmart in Albany, Georgia. He took a snap shot of the two new Voyager Class figures on the shelf. Take a look below!

The hunt is on! Will you be adding SIEGE Starscream and Soundwave to your collections? Remember, Starscream will be followed up with a repaint into Thundercracker in SIEGE Voyager Wave 4, and previous leaks have indicated a special release of Skywarp to be determined. Soundwave may also be getting a black repaint as his reincarnated form of Soundblaster if the rumors surrounding a "35th Anniversay" edition of select figures is to be believed. We also previously reported on an English language review of SIEGE Voayger Class Soundwave HERE, along with the original Australian sighting of these figures. Tell us your plans for the hunt in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013202)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:18pm CST

I'm gonna repeat a lot of what's already been said, because it's accurate: the color scheme is great (love the purple windows and tires), the mold looks somewhat better here with actual color than as boring white Prowl, but the head ruins it and I wish the guns were bigger. Barricade deserves more than a Smokescreen pretool. Maybe if it looks better in person I'll get it, but for right now I'm nothing but disappointed, and that's sadly what I expected. I don't even want Smokescreen either, he's even more of generic fodder than Bluestreak and this cartoon-accurate neckless head looks stupid.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013204)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:31pm CST
I’m looking forward to see them in person and seeing what happens from there. I’m definitely looking throughout my area. =P~ =P~
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013205)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:32pm CST
Barricade, alternate heads (as per the Wiki):

"evergreen" with Visor and mouth plate

OG Micromaster, with visor

IDWverse. A composite of OG, WFC and Movie.

Animated design, based on Movie.

Animated design, as per The Complete AllSpark Almanac.

Movie Barricade.

So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013206)
Posted by Deadput on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:34pm CST
:STARSEEKERS:
Nemesis Primal wrote:....aww, but he is rubbish though, dangit! I had such hopes for you, Barricade, why do you do this to me. :(

I don't see how Smokescreen is generic considering that 1:He has one of the most unique color schemes in the whole franchise and 2:At the time during the cartoon he was one of the few shady Autobots.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013207)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:34pm CST
Randomhero wrote:I love this for months people were wanting to see barricade waiting and expecting him to be a black prowl and there he is and people are complaiming that that’s exactly what he is and wanted.

Transformers fandom. Textbook definition of bipolar syndrome

Ah, but the thing here is that people were expecting him to be a lazy Prowl repaint as a worst case scenario, not what they actually wanted. It's like the small group of people who were expecting Impactor to be an Ironhide repaint: no one really wanted that, but we sadly wouldn't put it past Hasbro to make it. I personally wanted a figure of Barricade's much more unique and distinct Evergreen design, and I know I'm not the only one, but that would have taken effort that Hasbro is apparently adverse to.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013208)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:50pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Barricade, alternate heads

Animated design, based on Movie.

So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.

For sure, the Animated head would have never fit the Siege aesthetics. But with just a little tweak like taking the same concept but with a more square head and less chin. Then it would have been perfect.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013210)
Posted by Cobotron on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:56pm CST
I mean that evergreen design looks heavily based on it. Despite the fuggly buggly movie head, I was happy slapping him on my Gen shelves.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013211)
Posted by Skritz on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:58pm CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I'm gonna buy the hell out of that Barricade, to be sure. Mostly in the off chance that a 3rd party makes a new head/hands for him. Even if reprolables does something like a sticker to cover his face. Maybe if Hasbro even gave him a mouthplate instead of a mouth it wouldn't look as off as it does. Overall though, I'm satisfied with what I see!

However, this leads me to believe that they should do "test audiences" for prototype reveals like what they do for movies. That way they can take suggestions on how to alter some things before sending it out to mass market. It would cost more on their end, but it could also make them more in the end. I dunno, it's just the dumb thought that popped into my brain. Like I said, still gonna buy him!

Personally I'm hoping for a red visor and/or choice of 'evil facial hair'. Either a mall cop-esque moustache or some goatee or something.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013212)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:00pm CST
Deadput wrote::STARSEEKERS:

1. He's red and blue, how is that unique? He's not even the first red-and-blue guy, he lost out to at least Optimus and Screamer, probably more than just them.
2. I grew up with the Unicron Trilogy, I haven't WATCHED the G1 cartoon in it's entirety because, unpopular opinion, what I have seen of it hasn't aged well. I've at least seen Bluestreak do stuff in the IDW comics/MTMTE, but G1 Smokescreen isn't IN anything (since Prime Smokescreen was basically just Hot Rod, and Armada Smokescreen was basically Trailbreaker and then changed into an edgy Hoist).
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013213)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:10pm CST
Cobotron wrote:While I'm perfectly fine with this Siege Barricade, am I alone in thinking that TLK Deluxe Barricade made for a pretty serviceable CHUG crossover?

I mean, I agree with you, my TLK Barricade can move up to the Generations shelf. He's pretty good for that aesthetic.

But I was still hoping for a cool more original head for a Siege Barricade
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013214)
Posted by Deadput on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:30pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Deadput wrote::STARSEEKERS:

He isn't just red and blue he also has yellow and all of those unique paint loadouts.

He is less generic then both Prowl and Bluestreak.

He isn't generic.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013215)
Posted by Riley Hoffman on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:31pm CST
Barricade looks great. Definitely a pickup. He will be one of the few I’ll pick up from Seige. Fun fact: my first transformer was a Barricade
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013216)
Posted by william-james88 on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:32pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.

And they chose the most g1 one which fans had already expressed a need for to the point of even customizing MPs : https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... t-15478010

This isnt surprising.

Ironhidensh wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:A different face sculpt for Barricade would have been nice. Make him stand out a bit more than having a 'reverse-Prowl' colour palette.

He does have a different head from Prowl

Ironhidensh wrote:

Transformers fandom. Textbook definition of bipolar syndrome

Expected it maybe, but nobody wanted it. Try again.

Many wanted it, and a few years ago some people paid double-triple what this figure costs to get essentially the same thing from the club.

This is just one if those things I'll never understand, isn't it?

I am sure you could understand a fan's excitement over seeing something that homages both a design they thought they would never get and a very expensive toy they thought they could never get.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013217)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:35pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

But I was still hoping for a cool more original head for a Siege Barricade

I use TLK Barricade for my generations collection and plan on also getting Siege Barricade. I haven't decided yet which one will remain Barricade and which one will be headcannoned into someone else.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013218)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:40pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.

This isnt surprising.

What isn't surprising, the more I see it, is HasTak look for any way they can to get out of doing anything new or remotely creative to make their money. Meanwhile a certain section of the fanbase willingly seems to bend over backwards to encourage said laziness and lack of creativity. 8-}
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013219)
Posted by Deadput on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:47pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.

This isnt surprising.

It's a bloody headsculpt dude, the intention was a Guidi inspired G1 Barricade based off the same cartoon vision as the whole line in general.

Same reason why Impactor is based off the Marvel comics version that fits the G1 cartoon aesthetic more.

It's not lazy or uncreative it's just not what you want.

(Barricade was always meant to be evil Prowl, it's why Prowl was removed from the Autobot line up in 2007, so really this toy homages that)
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013220)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:47pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.

This isnt surprising.

Or, y'know, steel molds are very expensive to make, and if they can make a character people want with tooling that they can also use for a separate character people also want, instead of a one-time use, then they can divert some of that mold-making money to other characters that might comparatively more require unique tooling.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013221)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:57pm CST
Deadput wrote:It's not lazy or uncreative it's just not what you want.

:roll:

This repaint, Overpriced Prime and MP Bumblebee 2.0. The overall decline in quality of the G1 MP line, the entire evergreen concept for the underlines. All point to the same conclusions. It's not about personal tastes or preferences, it's about the larger picture. Being able to see the wood from the trees, so to speak.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013223)
Posted by Emerje on March 3rd, 2019 @ 4:08pm CST

1540860190-siege-barricade-teaser.png

The original Powertrain mold wasn't all that great, it's nice to see such a vastly improved new mold for him.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013225)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 3rd, 2019 @ 5:23pm CST
Emerje wrote:Barricade looks almost exactly like the stylized poster art we saw with him a last year, shocking!

1540860190-siege-barricade-teaser.png

Emerje

Keyword: almost.

If we got a head more in line with that it would be better.
As it is, Larrycade just doesn't cut it.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Shrapnel Bombshell & Kickback Legends Insecticon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return LOT Of 5 Blurr Hot Rod Kup arcee perceptor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Medix The Docbot Action Figure 3-7 Age" on EBAY
Buy "Fortress Maximus Transformers Legends LG31 Total Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Leader class rare MISB" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Perfect Effect PC14 PC-14 Transformers Fortress Maximus The Titans Cannon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Chromedome Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Kup Complete w/ Targetmaster Upgrade" on EBAY