This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail

Transformers News: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail

Sunday, March 3rd, 2019 2:08PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Wolfman Jake   Views: 31,267

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

This page may contain affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.


Hot on the heals of the sighting in Australia, we now have photographic evidence that Transformers: War for Cybertron - SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave are in the wild at U.S. retail stores! Seibertron.com member and site moderator Rodimus Prime found the pair at his local Walmart in Albany, Georgia. He took a snap shot of the two new Voyager Class figures on the shelf. Take a look below!

Transformers News: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail


The hunt is on! Will you be adding SIEGE Starscream and Soundwave to your collections? Remember, Starscream will be followed up with a repaint into Thundercracker in SIEGE Voyager Wave 4, and previous leaks have indicated a special release of Skywarp to be determined. Soundwave may also be getting a black repaint as his reincarnated form of Soundblaster if the rumors surrounding a "35th Anniversay" edition of select figures is to be believed. We also previously reported on an English language review of SIEGE Voayger Class Soundwave HERE, along with the original Australian sighting of these figures. Tell us your plans for the hunt in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013202)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:18pm CST
....aww, but he is rubbish though, dangit! I had such hopes for you, Barricade, why do you do this to me. :(

I'm gonna repeat a lot of what's already been said, because it's accurate: the color scheme is great (love the purple windows and tires), the mold looks somewhat better here with actual color than as boring white Prowl, but the head ruins it and I wish the guns were bigger. Barricade deserves more than a Smokescreen pretool. Maybe if it looks better in person I'll get it, but for right now I'm nothing but disappointed, and that's sadly what I expected. I don't even want Smokescreen either, he's even more of generic fodder than Bluestreak and this cartoon-accurate neckless head looks stupid.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013204)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:31pm CST
I’m looking forward to see them in person and seeing what happens from there. I’m definitely looking throughout my area. =P~ =P~
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013205)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:32pm CST
Barricade, alternate heads (as per the Wiki):

Image

"evergreen" with Visor and mouth plate

Image

OG Micromaster, with visor

Image

IDWverse. A composite of OG, WFC and Movie.

Image

Animated design, based on Movie.

Image

Animated design, as per The Complete AllSpark Almanac.

Image

Movie Barricade.

So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013206)
Posted by Deadput on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:34pm CST
:STARSEEKERS:
Nemesis Primal wrote:....aww, but he is rubbish though, dangit! I had such hopes for you, Barricade, why do you do this to me. :(

I'm gonna repeat a lot of what's already been said, because it's accurate: the color scheme is great (love the purple windows and tires), the mold looks somewhat better here with actual color than as boring white Prowl, but the head ruins it and I wish the guns were bigger. Barricade deserves more than a Smokescreen pretool. Maybe if it looks better in person I'll get it, but for right now I'm nothing but disappointed, and that's sadly what I expected. I don't even want Smokescreen either, he's even more of generic fodder than Bluestreak and this cartoon-accurate neckless head looks stupid.


I don't see how Smokescreen is generic considering that 1:He has one of the most unique color schemes in the whole franchise and 2:At the time during the cartoon he was one of the few shady Autobots.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013207)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:34pm CST
Randomhero wrote:I love this for months people were wanting to see barricade waiting and expecting him to be a black prowl and there he is and people are complaiming that that’s exactly what he is and wanted.

Transformers fandom. Textbook definition of bipolar syndrome

Ah, but the thing here is that people were expecting him to be a lazy Prowl repaint as a worst case scenario, not what they actually wanted. It's like the small group of people who were expecting Impactor to be an Ironhide repaint: no one really wanted that, but we sadly wouldn't put it past Hasbro to make it. I personally wanted a figure of Barricade's much more unique and distinct Evergreen design, and I know I'm not the only one, but that would have taken effort that Hasbro is apparently adverse to.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013208)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:50pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Barricade, alternate heads

Animated design, based on Movie.

Image

So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.


For sure, the Animated head would have never fit the Siege aesthetics. But with just a little tweak like taking the same concept but with a more square head and less chin. Then it would have been perfect.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013210)
Posted by Cobotron on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:56pm CST
While I'm perfectly fine with this Siege Barricade, am I alone in thinking that TLK Deluxe Barricade made for a pretty serviceable CHUG crossover?
I mean that evergreen design looks heavily based on it. Despite the fuggly buggly movie head, I was happy slapping him on my Gen shelves.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013211)
Posted by Skritz on March 3rd, 2019 @ 2:58pm CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I'm gonna buy the hell out of that Barricade, to be sure. Mostly in the off chance that a 3rd party makes a new head/hands for him. Even if reprolables does something like a sticker to cover his face. Maybe if Hasbro even gave him a mouthplate instead of a mouth it wouldn't look as off as it does. Overall though, I'm satisfied with what I see!

However, this leads me to believe that they should do "test audiences" for prototype reveals like what they do for movies. That way they can take suggestions on how to alter some things before sending it out to mass market. It would cost more on their end, but it could also make them more in the end. I dunno, it's just the dumb thought that popped into my brain. Like I said, still gonna buy him!


Personally I'm hoping for a red visor and/or choice of 'evil facial hair'. Either a mall cop-esque moustache or some goatee or something.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013212)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:00pm CST
Deadput wrote::STARSEEKERS:
Nemesis Primal wrote:....aww, but he is rubbish though, dangit! I had such hopes for you, Barricade, why do you do this to me. :(

I'm gonna repeat a lot of what's already been said, because it's accurate: the color scheme is great (love the purple windows and tires), the mold looks somewhat better here with actual color than as boring white Prowl, but the head ruins it and I wish the guns were bigger. Barricade deserves more than a Smokescreen pretool. Maybe if it looks better in person I'll get it, but for right now I'm nothing but disappointed, and that's sadly what I expected. I don't even want Smokescreen either, he's even more of generic fodder than Bluestreak and this cartoon-accurate neckless head looks stupid.


I don't see how Smokescreen is generic considering that 1:He has one of the most unique color schemes in the whole franchise and 2:At the time during the cartoon he was one of the few shady Autobots.

1. He's red and blue, how is that unique? He's not even the first red-and-blue guy, he lost out to at least Optimus and Screamer, probably more than just them.
2. I grew up with the Unicron Trilogy, I haven't WATCHED the G1 cartoon in it's entirety because, unpopular opinion, what I have seen of it hasn't aged well. I've at least seen Bluestreak do stuff in the IDW comics/MTMTE, but G1 Smokescreen isn't IN anything (since Prime Smokescreen was basically just Hot Rod, and Armada Smokescreen was basically Trailbreaker and then changed into an edgy Hoist).
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013213)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:10pm CST
Cobotron wrote:While I'm perfectly fine with this Siege Barricade, am I alone in thinking that TLK Deluxe Barricade made for a pretty serviceable CHUG crossover?
I mean that evergreen design looks heavily based on it. Despite the fuggly buggly movie head, I was happy slapping him on my Gen shelves.

I mean, I agree with you, my TLK Barricade can move up to the Generations shelf. He's pretty good for that aesthetic.

But I was still hoping for a cool more original head for a Siege Barricade
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013214)
Posted by Deadput on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:30pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Deadput wrote::STARSEEKERS:
Nemesis Primal wrote:....aww, but he is rubbish though, dangit! I had such hopes for you, Barricade, why do you do this to me. :(

I'm gonna repeat a lot of what's already been said, because it's accurate: the color scheme is great (love the purple windows and tires), the mold looks somewhat better here with actual color than as boring white Prowl, but the head ruins it and I wish the guns were bigger. Barricade deserves more than a Smokescreen pretool. Maybe if it looks better in person I'll get it, but for right now I'm nothing but disappointed, and that's sadly what I expected. I don't even want Smokescreen either, he's even more of generic fodder than Bluestreak and this cartoon-accurate neckless head looks stupid.


I don't see how Smokescreen is generic considering that 1:He has one of the most unique color schemes in the whole franchise and 2:At the time during the cartoon he was one of the few shady Autobots.

1. He's red and blue, how is that unique? He's not even the first red-and-blue guy, he lost out to at least Optimus and Screamer, probably more than just them.
2. I grew up with the Unicron Trilogy, I haven't WATCHED the G1 cartoon in it's entirety because, unpopular opinion, what I have seen of it hasn't aged well. I've at least seen Bluestreak do stuff in the IDW comics/MTMTE, but G1 Smokescreen isn't IN anything (since Prime Smokescreen was basically just Hot Rod, and Armada Smokescreen was basically Trailbreaker and then changed into an edgy Hoist).



He isn't just red and blue he also has yellow and all of those unique paint loadouts.

He is less generic then both Prowl and Bluestreak.

He isn't generic.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013215)
Posted by Ominous Sand on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:31pm CST
Barricade looks great. Definitely a pickup. He will be one of the few I’ll pick up from Seige. Fun fact: my first transformer was a Barricade
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013216)
Posted by william-james88 on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:32pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.

And they chose the most g1 one which fans had already expressed a need for to the point of even customizing MPs : https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... t-15478010

This isnt surprising.

Ironhidensh wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:A different face sculpt for Barricade would have been nice. Make him stand out a bit more than having a 'reverse-Prowl' colour palette.

He does have a different head from Prowl

Ironhidensh wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I love this for months people were wanting to see barricade waiting and expecting him to be a black prowl and there he is and people are complaiming that that’s exactly what he is and wanted.

Transformers fandom. Textbook definition of bipolar syndrome



Expected it maybe, but nobody wanted it. Try again.


Many wanted it, and a few years ago some people paid double-triple what this figure costs to get essentially the same thing from the club.



This is just one if those things I'll never understand, isn't it?


I am sure you could understand a fan's excitement over seeing something that homages both a design they thought they would never get and a very expensive toy they thought they could never get.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013217)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:35pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Cobotron wrote:While I'm perfectly fine with this Siege Barricade, am I alone in thinking that TLK Deluxe Barricade made for a pretty serviceable CHUG crossover?
I mean that evergreen design looks heavily based on it. Despite the fuggly buggly movie head, I was happy slapping him on my Gen shelves.

I mean, I agree with you, my TLK Barricade can move up to the Generations shelf. He's pretty good for that aesthetic.

But I was still hoping for a cool more original head for a Siege Barricade


I use TLK Barricade for my generations collection and plan on also getting Siege Barricade. I haven't decided yet which one will remain Barricade and which one will be headcannoned into someone else.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013218)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:40pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.

And they chose the most g1 one which fans had already expressed a need for to the point of even customizing MPs : https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... t-15478010

This isnt surprising.


What isn't surprising, the more I see it, is HasTak look for any way they can to get out of doing anything new or remotely creative to make their money. Meanwhile a certain section of the fanbase willingly seems to bend over backwards to encourage said laziness and lack of creativity. 8-}
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013219)
Posted by Deadput on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:47pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.

And they chose the most g1 one which fans had already expressed a need for to the point of even customizing MPs : https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... t-15478010

This isnt surprising.


What isn't surprising, the more I see it, is HasTak look for any way they can to get out of doing anything new or remotely creative to make their money. Meanwhile a certain section of the fanbase willingly seems to bend over backwards to encourage said laziness and lack of creativity. 8-}


It's a bloody headsculpt dude, the intention was a Guidi inspired G1 Barricade based off the same cartoon vision as the whole line in general.

Same reason why Impactor is based off the Marvel comics version that fits the G1 cartoon aesthetic more.

It's not lazy or uncreative it's just not what you want.

(Barricade was always meant to be evil Prowl, it's why Prowl was removed from the Autobot line up in 2007, so really this toy homages that)
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013220)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:47pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
So HasTak had Plenty of options and chose none.

And they chose the most g1 one which fans had already expressed a need for to the point of even customizing MPs : https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... t-15478010

This isnt surprising.


What isn't surprising, the more I see it, is HasTak look for any way they can to get out of doing anything new or remotely creative to make their money. Meanwhile a certain section of the fanbase willingly seems to bend over backwards to encourage said laziness and lack of creativity. 8-}


Or, y'know, steel molds are very expensive to make, and if they can make a character people want with tooling that they can also use for a separate character people also want, instead of a one-time use, then they can divert some of that mold-making money to other characters that might comparatively more require unique tooling.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013221)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:57pm CST
Deadput wrote:It's not lazy or uncreative it's just not what you want.


:roll:

This repaint, Overpriced Prime and MP Bumblebee 2.0. The overall decline in quality of the G1 MP line, the entire evergreen concept for the underlines. All point to the same conclusions. It's not about personal tastes or preferences, it's about the larger picture. Being able to see the wood from the trees, so to speak.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013223)
Posted by Emerje on March 3rd, 2019 @ 4:08pm CST
Barricade looks almost exactly like the stylized poster art we saw with him a last year, shocking!

1540860190-siege-barricade-teaser.png


The original Powertrain mold wasn't all that great, it's nice to see such a vastly improved new mold for him.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013225)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 3rd, 2019 @ 5:23pm CST
Emerje wrote:Barricade looks almost exactly like the stylized poster art we saw with him a last year, shocking!

1540860190-siege-barricade-teaser.png


The original Powertrain mold wasn't all that great, it's nice to see such a vastly improved new mold for him.

Emerje

Keyword: almost.

If we got a head more in line with that it would be better.
As it is, Larrycade just doesn't cut it.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013226)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 5:26pm CST
Deadput wrote:He isn't just red and blue he also has yellow and all of those unique paint loadouts.

He is less generic then both Prowl and Bluestreak.

He isn't generic.

He does have the yellow and the tampos, yeah, they just don't really stick out that much to me. The yellow is really only on his head crest, like the red on Prowl. I dunno, maybe it's because I haven't been here since the early days of G1, but he just doesn't work for me I guess. That doesn't make either of us wrong, it's just personal opinion at this point, so agree to disagree?

I am excited for Bluestreak though either way.
Emerje wrote:Barricade looks almost exactly like the stylized poster art we saw with him a last year, shocking!

1540860190-siege-barricade-teaser.png


His head looks BETTER in the stylized art where it doesn't appear to be a stolen Smokescreen head, why couldn't we have gotten THAT?
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013227)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 3rd, 2019 @ 5:31pm CST
I must be one of the few that doesn't have a problem with Barricade's noggin... But will he be doomed to remain the evil Datsun brother?

With Bluestreak that is some effective part swapping tho:

Prowl: regular head, lightbar
Barricade: alternate head, lightbar
Smokescreen: alternate head, no lightbar
Bluestreak: regular head, no lightbar
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013233)
Posted by Editor on March 3rd, 2019 @ 6:45pm CST
As far as Seige has gone, I've only bothered with the micro and Target masters.

But hell yes I'll be getting that Barricade. I see and understand the complaints, but it's fine in my opinion.

Honestly I was hoping they would have made a reverse Defensor in the last few years, and Barricade then would have been a straight redeco of Prowl or Streetwise, so maybe I was just ready for it to be what it's been revealed to be.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013237)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 3rd, 2019 @ 7:32pm CST
Deadput wrote:It's a bloody headsculpt dude, the intention was a Guidi inspired G1 Barricade based off the same cartoon vision as the whole line in general.


Where did that picture come from anyway?
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013239)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 3rd, 2019 @ 7:56pm CST
Deadput wrote:It's a bloody headsculpt dude, the intention was a Guidi inspired G1 Barricade based off the same cartoon vision as the whole line in general.


Next up: Deadlock/Drift as a Springer retool :lol:

Retro G1 Deadlock model by Guidi on DeviantArt

Yup, same site as this:

80's retro style G1 Barricade by Guidi
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013240)
Posted by Skritz on March 3rd, 2019 @ 8:09pm CST
I think Punch/Counterpunch from POTP would have made an excellent Drift/Deadlock double figure. >:oP
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013244)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 3rd, 2019 @ 8:18pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Deadput wrote:It's a bloody headsculpt dude, the intention was a Guidi inspired G1 Barricade based off the same cartoon vision as the whole line in general.


Next up: Deadlock/Drift as a Springer retool :lol:

Retro G1 Deadlock model by Guidi on DeviantArt

Yup, same site as this:

80's retro style G1 Barricade by Guidi

Honestly, I'd much rather have that than springer >:oP
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013245)
Posted by ausbot on March 3rd, 2019 @ 8:27pm CST
I cannot wait for that Barricade.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013251)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 3rd, 2019 @ 9:09pm CST
Finally a g1 prowl inspired barricade
I hope eventually we see all micrometer teams complete
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013252)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 3rd, 2019 @ 9:12pm CST
I find it ironic that originally barricade was a micrometer
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013253)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 3rd, 2019 @ 9:22pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:I find it ironic that originally barricade was a micrometer


So much for that strictly G1 line, amirite? :lol:

Seriously, I don't understand the flak Barricade is getting about his noggin. That is a perfectly fine headsculpt, and perfectly suits the character in a G1 twist IMO. Like, this is how I imagine him when I read the Transformers Exodus book.

Paint scheme is awesome too. I much prefer this to Prowl, and the way his wheels look is really cool. That purple is exactly what they needed.

Btw, I have no idea if this is relevant to the topic, but would you guys like a Cybertronian Bumblebee movie Bumblebee that shares engineering with the Siege Prowl mold? I mean, looking at Barricade's vehicle mounted weapons, and the overall shape in general, I think this would make a good Cybertronian Bee. Sure, the chest should deform a little more, the wing doors should be folded elsewhere, and the legs probably done a little different, but I wouldn't be mad if this mold was the basis for one :D
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013256)
Posted by ScottyP on March 3rd, 2019 @ 9:48pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Btw, I have no idea if this is relevant to the topic, but would you guys like a Cybertronian Bumblebee movie Bumblebee that shares engineering with the Siege Prowl mold? I mean, looking at Barricade's vehicle mounted weapons, and the overall shape in general, I think this would make a good Cybertronian Bee. Sure, the chest should deform a little more, the wing doors should be folded elsewhere, and the legs probably done a little different, but I wouldn't be mad if this mold was the basis for one :D
Ignoring my stance that I'd rather see characters that haven't had a toy in awhile/ever before more Bees/Primes/Megatrons/etc, yeah, it sounds like a fun idea!
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013260)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on March 3rd, 2019 @ 10:01pm CST
Editor wrote:As far as Seige has gone, I've only bothered with the micro and Target masters.

But hell yes I'll be getting that Barricade. I see and understand the complaints, but it's fine in my opinion.

Honestly I was hoping they would have made a reverse Defensor in the last few years, and Barricade then would have been a straight redeco of Prowl or Streetwise, so maybe I was just ready for it to be what it's been revealed to be.


Honestly that would have been awesome. Redeco Skylynx into Hatchet, make some dreads out of First Aid and Rook, and turn the Takara version of the helicopter mold into Blackout and boom.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013262)
Posted by Rainmaker on March 3rd, 2019 @ 10:58pm CST
I don't know why everyone's so disappointed over Barricade, we weren't expecting anything extraordinary

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013263)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 11:04pm CST
Rainmaker wrote:I don't know why everyone's so disappointed over Barricade, we weren't expecting anything extraordinary

:MAXIMAL:

That may be, but I was still expecting a Barricade head. Not Smokescreen's
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013270)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 4th, 2019 @ 2:18am CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Rainmaker wrote:I don't know why everyone's so disappointed over Barricade, we weren't expecting anything extraordinary

:MAXIMAL:

That may be, but I was still expecting a Barricade head. Not Smokescreen's

Well since this line is g1 heavy on inspiration this is exactly what I thought barracade was going to be like and it's pretty close
32fb4e4294bce55f484edcab24d72203.jpg
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013271)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on March 4th, 2019 @ 2:21am CST
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Rainmaker wrote:I don't know why everyone's so disappointed over Barricade, we weren't expecting anything extraordinary

:MAXIMAL:

That may be, but I was still expecting a Barricade head. Not Smokescreen's

Well since this line is g1 heavy on inspiration this is exactly what I thought barracade was going to be like and it's pretty close
32fb4e4294bce55f484edcab24d72203.jpg


As shown above, they actually seem to be directly basing it on another color palette version of that Guido Guidi illustration:
Image
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013272)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 4th, 2019 @ 2:34am CST
For a line that's supposed to be pre-Earth G1, this isn't much of a lamp post mode...
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013273)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 4th, 2019 @ 2:38am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:For a line that's supposed to be pre-Earth G1, this isn't much of a lamp post mode...

Close enough
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013275)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 4th, 2019 @ 3:13am CST
Wireless_Phantom wrote:It's not canon, but my mental workaround has always been the animated explanation of their being a variety of basic body types with different variations based on whoever is wearing it.


I can buy that if they're on same faction like with the Seekers (as much as Hasbro takes the pee with making new colour schemes just to sell another one of those) but I just can't see an honorable heroic Autobot ever wanting to resemble a murderous evil Decepticon and vice versa. :P


Rodimus Prime wrote:For a line that's supposed to be pre-Earth G1, this isn't much of a lamp post mode...


Is not like it was a particularly convincing alt-mode to begin with. Bumblebee, Wheeljack and the seekers had proper alt-modes (even if they had nonsensical robot modes with already earth-mode parts). Soundwave they clearly couldn't be bothered. I guess if they'd given him a vehicle mode it would seem like a downgrade when he took on a tapedeck mode but a crap 'lamppost' mode? Anything's an upgrade from that.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013277)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 4th, 2019 @ 3:40am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I guess if they'd given him a vehicle mode it would seem like a downgrade when he took on a tapedeck mode but a crap 'lamppost' mode? Anything's an upgrade from that.
Except the POS alt mode they gave the Siege figure. :lol: What the hell is he supposed to be?

I do hope if we see Siege Bee and Siege Wheeljack, they have their Cybertronian modes from MTMTE.

As for all the Barricade talk, this might be the first figure of this mold I'll get, as I don't have any Barricade figures, and I thought Sideswipe and Prowl were both seriously bland and underwhelming.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013281)
Posted by Deadput on March 4th, 2019 @ 4:19am CST
I know it's not the same guy but if it means anything the Aligned version of Barricade (where I think the purple on Barricade originated from) I think was said to being from Iacon which is basically seen as the "Autobot origin" city of Cybertron just like how most characters from Kaon tend to be Decepticons.


I think it's a fascinating concept for a character that exists in a continuity with a Decepticon army that is either military or utensil/tool in form that for in all odds probably should be an Autobot yet for whatever reason he's a Decepticon probably only due to personality alone. (I'm ignoring the actual physical brute aspect of the character which as fun as that is has only been present in the original movie version and the Transformers Universe interpretation which didn't even turn into a car but a van instead)

Kinda like how it's implied that Animated Lockdown was or at least should of been an Autobot by his body design as according to the Almanacs for TFA.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013282)
Posted by Deadput on March 4th, 2019 @ 4:28am CST
I think the only other head that could of worked was his Earth Wars head. (I think it's my preferred head, gives me the vibe the guy used to be an Autotrooper until he went rogue and joined the cons)

Image

Even then I think the lower half of the face is too "complicated" for the G1 cartoon aesthetic, most face plates are smooth or have a slight outward in the middle, but their never bumpy or pointy or anything like that.

The Eververse concept head itself is too complicated (for the aesthetic I don't mean the design is bad itself or anything)

Image


Thing is these are more like The Last Knight Barricade then the 2007 version, I think the gold face is part of Barricade's charm. (Even if I like the helmet look better I don't think it's a particularly good Barricade head, probably works for a Vehicon more)

Plus there is the whole thing with Hasbro starting to base some designs off of Guido's work, which I think is pretty good.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013284)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 4th, 2019 @ 4:41am CST
Deadput wrote:I know it's not the same guy but if it means anything the Aligned version of Barricade (where I think the purple on Barricade originated from)


Many movie Barricade toys have purple on them.


Rodimus Prime wrote:I do hope if we see Siege Bee and Siege Wheeljack, they have their Cybertronian modes from MTMTE.


They'll probably be compromised by forcing the G1 robot forms into the Cybertronian alt-modes like Starscream has been. It would have been better to just come up with new bot modes that fit those alt-modes than the illogical cheap/lazy use of the earth-based robot modes that the cartoon did. Any attempt to make the seeker cybertronian jet mode look sleek at all is ruined by those bricks under it. Could have maybe tucked legs in if space wasn't used up by the earth jet-style torso.

And yeah that TLK Barry-inspired Evergreen (is that the term?) design would have been far more interesting and make a lot more sense than a cheapass redeco.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013285)
Posted by Deadput on March 4th, 2019 @ 5:01am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Many movie Barricade toys have purple on them.


But he was the first one to have it as a bigger part of his color scheme, the purple (which most of the time is navy blue anyways) on 2007 Barricade were only on minor small details of the character.

The aligned versions used purple on a lot more parts as a secondary color.


Carnivius_Prime wrote:And yeah that TLK Barry-inspired Evergreen (is that the term?) design would have been far more interesting and make a lot more sense than a cheapass redeco.


It's not cheap if it's intended to be a reference to this:

Image


Cheap would of been a straight up redeco of Prowl with no new parts or head and no new paint layouts, which this Barricade has even if it's obvious their planned for a Smokescreen reuse at a later time.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013286)
Posted by Albatross250 on March 4th, 2019 @ 5:09am CST
While everyone is on the Barricade argument i'll look forward for Apeface reveal. :lol:
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013287)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 4th, 2019 @ 5:12am CST
Albatross250 wrote:While everyone is on the Barricade argument i'll look forward for Apeface reveal. :lol:

You'll be waiting a while as I suspect he's part of next year's line ;) so maybe SDCC?
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013288)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 4th, 2019 @ 5:19am CST
Deadput wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Many movie Barricade toys have purple on them.


But he was the first one to have it as a bigger part of his color scheme, the purple (which most of the time is navy blue anyways) on 2007 Barricade were only on minor small details of the character.


But that's where it comes from originally and yeah most of the toys have it purple (as I mentioned on a previous page, including 2007 Deluxe, Robot Replicas, DotM Deluxe, Human Alliance) though the MPM uses a bright blue. So yeah very often the main colours on Barricade toys have been Black and white for cop car with purple/blue details on body and gold details on face in robot mode. Me having to buy paint to colour those details on my Studio Series figure to make it more screen accurate means it's definitely part of his colour scheme. :P
The mobile game uses a purple/blue too. Not as purple as some, but definitely not the blue of the MPM.
Image


It's not cheap if it's intended to be a reference to this:

Image


Cheap would of been a straight up redeco of Prowl with no new parts or head and no new paint layouts, which this Barricade has even if it's obvious their planned for a Smokescreen reuse at a later time.


That design in the drawing is lazy and cheap too. There's no good reason for Barricade to resemble Prowl in robot mode. This is just Hasbro not bothering to design and produce a new unique mold when they can just change the colour scheme of an already existing one and not even do a new head to distinguish it and just because that Guido person drew a pic of it that way doesn't make it any less cheap. Being a redeco of boring Prowl is not worthy of the bad cop (as opposed to the poor forgettable Micromaster) Barricade name
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013289)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on March 4th, 2019 @ 5:24am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:that Guido person
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Voyager Class Starscream and Soundwave Found at U.S. Retail (2013290)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 4th, 2019 @ 5:39am CST
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:that Guido person


What? I can never remember how to spell his name properly. :(

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Earls"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #23 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230312 23B (CA) Keane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #12 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 JUL220210 12A (CA) Tonton Revolver"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSOVER #1 2nd ptg Image Comics 2021 JAN218668 (CA) Shaw (W) Cates"
CROSSOVER #1 2nd p ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #19 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230284 19B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #19 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr F 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0823IM291 1F (CA) Chiang (W)Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E GI JOE 1223IM275 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWHAWK II #1 foil Image Comics 1993 (CA) Valentino 220817A"
SHADOWHAWK II #1 f ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM318 7F Del Mundo"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #30 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM261 30A (CA) Failla"
NEW!
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #13 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 OCT220205 13B (CA) Aguillo (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #13 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ICE CREAM MAN #37 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM392 37B (CA) Langridge"
ICE CREAM MAN #37 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #20 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 MAY230276 20C (CA) Williams"
SCORCHED #20 Cvr C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON