Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info

Friday, October 6th, 2017 10:23PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Digital Media News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,324

While North American markets saw the release of Transformers: The Last Knight a few weeks ago, it is now out in Australia and other international markets (the release date was October 4th). For Australia, there are particular store exclusives from JB Hifi and sanity.com.au. The JB Hifi exclusive set comes with a VR feature (more described below) while the Sanity exclusive comes with collector cards and the Combiner Wars mini-series that was exclusive to Target in the US.

We included quotes from Griffin and G1Optimal of the Ozformers forum, describing what the editions come with.

One of the store exclusive versions of the 5th Movie for Australia has been revealed - at JB Hifi for $70.

It is noted as being a VR Edition (with 2 VR goggles), which might mean that it includes as bonus extras, the various clips that Bay shot with the 360 degree camera, that we saw posted online during the leadup to the release of the movie.
It is not expected to be the actual movie in 360 VR.

Format ‐ 4k Ultra HD/ Blu-Ray/ Ultraviolet
Genre ‐ Action
Rating ‐ M
Consumer Advice ‐ Action violence and coarse language
Release Date ‐ 04/10/17
Region Coding - B
TV Standard - HD

JB Hi-Fi Exclusive VR Edition Including Limited Edition Viewing Goggles, 360° Video Experience & Bonus DVD With Extra Features!

G1Optimal wrote:My blu ray just arrived early today in the mail by sanity.com.au and it has the combiner wars series on the extras

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now with Special Edition Info

Credit(s): JB Hifi and sanity.com.au

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915147)
Posted by dragons on October 7th, 2017 @ 8:00am CDT
Very goggles dumb same experience putting phone up to your face a lot of friends videos I see on YouTube hands are floating with no arms attached to them not very realistic very experience
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915356)
Posted by TulioDude on October 8th, 2017 @ 1:50pm CDT
Gonna gotta myself to leave here my mini review of the film:
TulioDude wrote:Took some time to write my feelings on this movie(not on chronological order):

-Hot Rod was great!He so exemplary in his scenes,because every time he shows up we get to see a little more of his personallity.I didnt mind he that he as different from G1 self,the "chosen one" angle he had in the past wasnt necessary.

-Sqweeks was cute,but felt like belonged on the initial drafts of the script,because they way the interacts with the rest of the cast.

-The way the one of the kids flirts with Isabella was weird,and Viviane staring at the shirtless Cade was silly,but its was quick,and didnt ruin the movie for me.

-The people that say this movie has no plot have no idea what the're talking.I would argue this movie has too much plot!I would liked to have seen some more focus on some parts,but it was still fun.

-One of the things they need in the future is imporve their marketing,because some of things they teased didnt come to fruition.Like one of the offical synopses had the "rethink your heroes" hinting while Optimus became evil,Megatron would the good guy.While he did work wiht the humans he hadnt a change of heart yet.Kind like some the marketing for Age of Extinction implied the Dinobots would be the main focus.

-The action was great!I like all the different angles they chose take the camera shot.

Nexus Knight wrote:So, finally finally saw the Last Knight. And... I have to say, it was actually kinda awesome. Based on the reviews and the box office performance, I thought this would be worse than RotF (which I sorta liked, but wouldn't watch unless rewatching the entire series all together). But... no. My father and I are in the agreement in the fact that it was the best of the series. I'm actually in some puzzlement of why it has been so panned.

Finally, a theory I had after watching the last scene. If Quintessa is supposed to be an evil minded character, why is she so gungho about killing the Chaos Bringer? Is there any reason to believe that this Unicron is evil? It's just a theory that's admittedly not too real thought out, but it would be interesting idea, anyways.

I was thinking about it recently,and still wonder,why she wanna destroy Unicron in the first place?Unicron horns wouldn't even appear if she hadn't flinged Cybertron against Earth.Unicron didnt do anyhting wrong yet.

-The Transformers robot characters screen time has been increasing by each film and I was so happy to see Transformers: The Last Knight continue this trend.We got the see them hang out more outside of battle,more individual dialogue for each,interactions with each other and they all were distinctive from one another.I would love to see this keep happening going foward with this series.

-Cogman is the best.

Overall this is a solid 3 out 5 stars.This movie is fun.I can see the flaws that it has,and I do agree they need to change up the format if the want to be part of this big movie series,but it had also many great things going for it.

I also love some of the quiet moments with humans and the Transformers like this one ;;

Here's a comment I saw in the Youtbe video for this music:

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915428)
Posted by Va'al on October 9th, 2017 @ 6:22am CDT
After this summer's farings for Transformers: The Last Knight, numbers have also been compiled for its home release on DVD and BluRay, along with digital streaming and rental - now that at least North American and Australian markets have received the movie.

According to Variety, the latest Paramount live-action movie debuted at number one over previously released Wonder Woman as far as physical discs are concerned, but number two in terms of digital release and rental. You can check out the whole article here, and the relevant parts below!

[quote]“Transformers: The Last Knight,” from Paramount Home Media Distribution, debuted at No. 1 on both national home video sales charts the week ended Sept. 30.

But Warner’s “Wonder Woman” movie, although bumped down to the No. 2 spot, remained in high demand, selling 87% as many units as the latest “Transformers” film in its second week of release.

[..]

On Home Media Magazine’s rental chart for the week ended Oct. 1, “Wonder Woman” shot to No. 1 now that its brief week-long holdback from Redbox is over.

“Transformers: The Last Knight” debuted at No. 2, while “47 Meters Down” bowed at No. 3. (Both Paramount and Lionsgate release their films to Redbox on the same day they become available for sale.)[/quote]

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915430)
Posted by Rated X on October 9th, 2017 @ 7:25am CDT
Not bad for a movie that critics and movie goers slammed to no end. Its quite clear now there are 2 seperate crowds. I thought it was an awesome movie.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915431)
Posted by zodconvoy on October 9th, 2017 @ 7:31am CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915440)
Posted by Rated X on October 9th, 2017 @ 8:55am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:I literally only bought it for the complete Combiner Wars special feature. My daughter put the movie on and left to play after about 15 minutes saying "Oh, it's that one." (:|

I wanted to get the combiner wars footage but I dont do blue-ray. Its just a scam to revive dying disc sales in a world of netflix and other means to watch (or get hold of) a digital copy. Ill just grab Combiner Wars from one of those outlets. I just bought the good ol DVD for now.

On the movie itself, I feel it follows along the same lines as the first 4 movies. The only real difference from the earlier movies is you get more robot footage which is a good thing. I understand there will always be what I like to call the "rotten tomatoes" crowd who let paid movie reviewers make up their minds for them. Those are usually the people who claim to know what "acting" is or isnt based on personal opinions. I tend to focus more on action sequences and CGI graphics rather than what the human actors do or say in the movie. Ive tried to watch movies hailed for "good acting" or "great screen writing" and I usually fall asleep. Everybody hated the 2nd trilogy of star wars films but I loved them more than the original trilogy. Gone were stupid jim henson puppets replaced by awesome CGI renditions of alien characters. Gone were those lame, over-rated "Luke I am your father" moments replaced by cool action sequences that dont resemble a soap opera. Im not saying the Transformers franchise will ever top Star Wars but in franchise longevity it comes very close.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915449)
Posted by EunuchRon on October 9th, 2017 @ 10:04am CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915455)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 9th, 2017 @ 10:28am CDT
Rated X wrote:

I'm getting tbe blu ray but have zero interest in the combiner wars thing (I was barely even interested in that toy line). I just want those lovely complex movie bots in HD (but not ultra HD cos it'll be a while before I get a 4KTV despite owning a PS4 Pro). The TF movies are my absolute fave excuse for high definition. :D
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915463)
Posted by bengear on October 9th, 2017 @ 11:42am CDT
Rated X wrote:

can't tell if serious... :-?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915478)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2017 @ 12:15pm CDT
bengear wrote:
Rated X wrote:

can't tell if serious... :-?
He's always serious. Always.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915481)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on October 9th, 2017 @ 12:22pm CDT
bengear wrote:
Rated X wrote:

can't tell if serious... :-?

I'm hoping for not serious.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915487)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 9th, 2017 @ 12:34pm CDT
The one thing about this movie that actually makes me angry was the Bee/Nemesis fight. The whole thing was in the previews! I was so looking forward to it and it's sad to me that it was entirely spoiled and actually came off better in the trailers.

Other than that, I feel fairly neutral on it.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915488)
Posted by Kurona on October 9th, 2017 @ 12:34pm CDT
That's something you kinda have to blame on advertising -- and it's unfortunately pretty common these days.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915489)
Posted by Autobot N on October 9th, 2017 @ 12:35pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:TI was so looking forward to it and it's sad to me that it was entirely spoiled and actually came off better in the trailers.
That, and the fact that they out-Martha-d Batman V Superman.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915504)
Posted by Rated X on October 9th, 2017 @ 1:08pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:
bengear wrote:
Rated X wrote:

can't tell if serious... :-?

I'm hoping for not serious.

Oh im dead serious...

When I get in science fiction mode, I want to see cool CGI graphics and plenty of action.

When I want to see "acting" Ill watch Scarface.

What was the last time you really had great acting and really great CGI graphics in the same film? Independence Day?

I think people dont give the Bayformers franchise the credit it deserves. Same thing for the 2nd star wars trilogy.

People get mad because their favorite actor wasnt chosen. Or because their favorite character didnt get a memorable quote or moment. All that talk about bad acting or bad storylines is 99% haters.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915507)
Posted by dragons on October 9th, 2017 @ 1:34pm CDT
EunuchRon wrote:Well I like it. I like all the movies. I don't think anything will ever top G1 for me, but I never gone by what critics say. I'm an action flick junkie. High drama is BOORRRRRRINGGGGG. Gimme explosions and lasers any day!

glad this memeber gets it like movie or not at least its your opionion you judge for your self if you like movie not by going what strangers say tell you what to see that do not know you as person critics are crap critics like movies blade runner sequel adn the movie the revenant the revenant was long boring i almost fell sleep through that but that movie won awards, and blade runner seuquel i never saw first one my father has and liked it i fell sleep through first half of movie end half blad erunner seueql was oke but it confused my father adn the blasted music soundtrack in blade runner sequel was dang loud it was first movie that gave me headache after i left theater music was loud i couldnt hear soundeffects in movie itself,.

i like transformers series but some movies in seres not as good as first one and some sequels i like revnege of fallen had chance see movie combiner and last knight cog man, hotrod, adn unicron what made me like movie but trasnfromers series are no differnt from comics and cartoons and superhero movies they are all same superhero movies humans stop villians trasnfromers good bots stop bad bots from taking over universe and planet earth same thing all time with difernt characters i will be lokoing foward to bumlbee movie and will see it in theaters as movie and trasnformer fan alike i will pass judgement on solo movie after i view it if i like it or not not by stranger critics opinion on movie who does not know me as person
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915521)
Posted by Quantum Surge on October 9th, 2017 @ 2:18pm CDT
Wonder if this means we will get an extended edition. As for spoilers being revealed before the film's release, I feel that the movie didn't spoil too much of the film's events (even if everyone knew how everything would play out). Not like how others came and went in different film franchises (looking at you, Mr. Hey Everyone).

As for what Rated X said, let the guy like what he likes. Everyone's mileage may vary, but I think everyone's opinion on films should be brought up, instead of hearing the usual comments one would be used to.

Back on topic, the Combiner Wars extra doesn't excite me much. If anything, I will stick with the G1 Redone spoof made by Lord Freddery (and hope Titans Return is good).
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1915753)
Posted by FHDHS1307 on October 10th, 2017 @ 4:57pm CDT
For the longest time, I had been deciding whether I liked G1 or the expanded (Live-Action) Film Continuity more. I finally decided I liked the Films better, and one of the major deciding factors was photorealism. Always have preferred photorealism, in nearly any scenario.

Admittedly, the first time I watched The Last Knight I didn't care for it at all, and I'm someone who thoroughly enjoyed the first four. I gave it a second thought, let it marinate, and I'm at the point now where I really enjoy TLK, not as much as the '07 or '11 films, but still very much enjoy it.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1916682)
Posted by william-james88 on October 15th, 2017 @ 1:41pm CDT
The movie might be old news by now but artists are still proud to upload the concept art they produced for the film. And we can see why, you can see some stellar examples of the gorgeous work artists have done while this film was being planned. The shots of Onslought's back and Megatron breathing fire are from Josh Nizzi and the lansdcape shots as well as a shot of the staff are from Thomas Pringle. Enjoy!

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Blu-Ray Out in Australia Now And Special Edition Info (1916683)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on October 15th, 2017 @ 1:44pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

He was metal enough already, dear Primus! :shock:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers United Wheeljack Authentic Free Ship No box complete Takaratomy - Time Remaining: 5 days 56 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Takaratomy Generation Goshooter Siren New Free Ship - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 57 minutes
Transformers Universe VOYAGER CLASS LEO PRIME TARGET EXCLUSIVE NIB - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 3 minutes 3 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Reveal the Shield SOLAR STORM GRAPPEL Voyager Class - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 7 minutes 44 seconds
TRANSFORMERS [2016] DIE CAST OPTIMUS PRIME GIFT with MP33 INFERNO - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 8 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Energon Barricade Onslaught D5 Bruticus Maximus Main body MOC - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 15 minutes 14 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure F/S Used - Time Remaining: 23 days 5 hours 19 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers UNIVERSE WAR OF THE WAVES AIR RAID STORM SURGE WALMART EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 23 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent