This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character

Wednesday, June 22nd, 2016 11:44AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 45,837

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Remember last week when we posted some potential plot spoilers and you were told to take them with a grain of salt? Well, a part of those rumors appears to have gained a little more traction.

So...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

A
H
E
A
D

The Transformers Twitter page posted a behind-the-scenes 15 second video, and within that video Mark Walhberg is shown taking a nap with Micheal bay impatiently waiting for him to wake up. But as the camera man passes by Bay, an interesting exchange takes place, where the man behind the camera says:

"Hey Bay, I got Squeaks"

and Bay responds:

"Hey, Squeaks. Wait for Mark Wahlberg to wake up."

As the rumor stated last week, there is a new character with the name "Squeaks" so is this confirmation of this part of the rumor? Check out the video on their Twitter page by clicking HERE and let us know what you think in the comments section, and as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries.
Credit(s): @Transformers

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799622)
Posted by Deadput on June 22nd, 2016 @ 1:23pm CDT
Guess who's back again guess who's back.


Image


Remember Crosshairs?


Edit: source is from Transformers cars facebook https://www.facebook.com/TransformersCars
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799630)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 1:45pm CDT
There's an eight second video on the Transformers Twitter with "Squeaks" getting "final touches."
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799646)
Posted by Va'al on June 22nd, 2016 @ 2:59pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronian Deadput brings us some more Transformers: The Last Knight news this fine day, with source including usual suspects Transformers Cars on Facebook, Mlive.com. The contents? Crosshairs in vehicle mode - is this confirmation to his return? - and some more shots of the drones and the Detroit location being set up. Check it all out below!

Image


An array of giant metallic contraptions have landed at the long-vacant Packard Plant as preparations are being made for the filming of the next "Transformers" movie.

Among the crumbling concrete of the sprawling former Detroit automotive plant, scenes for the fifth Transformers movie, staring Mark Wahlberg, are beginning to take shape.

Two Chicago Transit Authority trains are positioned as if they careened off their artificial rail lines, and giant gears and machinery lie in pieces around the set.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799661)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 4:14pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronians, thanks to fellow user Bronzewolf, and following on form our earlier news story about confirmation of a rumored character, we now get to see said rumored character. Via Michael Bay's Instagram account, look below for spoilers, and check out...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

A
H
E
A
D

Squeeks!

michaelbay: My talented young co-star of Transformers, Isabela Moner. And and introducing a new character, Squeeks..


Image

Image

And another, courtesy of fellow user Deadput, from Micheal Bay's Flickr account.

Image


So what do you think of this newest addition to the Transformers cast? Let us know in the comments below.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799662)
Posted by Deadput on June 22nd, 2016 @ 4:14pm CDT
edit: ninjed at the last second whoops!
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799663)
Posted by Deadput on June 22nd, 2016 @ 4:16pm CDT
And from Bay's flickr it's Squeaks!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelbay/27759682151/


Image
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799664)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2016 @ 4:17pm CDT
Well, at least it's a practical set piece for the actors to interact with rather than a purely CGI creation.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799666)
Posted by Emerje on June 22nd, 2016 @ 4:18pm CDT
I assumed when the rumor mentioned British Transformers and talk about location scouting around Stonehenge they'd be found in the UK somewhere. But it looks like Squeaks, an apparently rusty blue Vespa (makes sense), is right in Detroit.

Also there goes the theory on those being code names for familiar characters like they did in the previous movies.

EDIT: Oh Crap! It's T-Bob! M.A.S.K. crossover confirmed! (Not really.)

Image

Emerje
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799669)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 4:24pm CDT
Fixit?!? Is that you?

My, the years have not been kind :-P
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799676)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 22nd, 2016 @ 4:49pm CDT
Awww, that thing is adorable!
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799684)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 22nd, 2016 @ 5:21pm CDT
...what does he turn into? :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799685)
Posted by DedicatedGhostArt on June 22nd, 2016 @ 5:23pm CDT
Looks like he turns into some kinds bike.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799687)
Posted by Deadput on June 22nd, 2016 @ 5:35pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:...what does he turn into? :HEADHURTS:



A Vespa we already know this.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799689)
Posted by DedicatedGhostArt on June 22nd, 2016 @ 5:40pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:...what does he turn into? :HEADHURTS:



A Vespa we already know this.


Ahh that's cool. I think it's pretty awesome that they actually made a model for this guy instead of entirely CGI. Looks like they used real Vespa parts too.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799691)
Posted by RainyDayMan2k on June 22nd, 2016 @ 5:50pm CDT
The first thing that comes to my mind when seeing Squeaks is:

Image
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799695)
Posted by Deadput on June 22nd, 2016 @ 6:11pm CDT
Thanks to Bay's flickr account we have a better view on Megatron's face.


https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelba ... ateposted/


Image
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799701)
Posted by DedicatedGhostArt on June 22nd, 2016 @ 6:16pm CDT
Is that old-fashioned horror movie candy red blood, or paint on his face?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799710)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2016 @ 7:16pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Thanks to Bay's flickr account we have a better view on Megatron's face.
If it is Megatron, that is.

Remember, the original "Megatron Will Return" message was from a different image of a Decepticon symbol with glowing red eyes.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799711)
Posted by Emerje on June 22nd, 2016 @ 7:29pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Is that old-fashioned horror movie candy red blood, or paint on his face?


Paint, probably, Optimus has it as well.

Anyway, I took a second and adjusted the brightness on the image. Pretty interesting round head, almost G1 shaped.

27568086190_17217ff166_h.jpg


Emerje
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799725)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 22nd, 2016 @ 8:14pm CDT
Crosshairs has a new spoiler. Cool. and Squeeks is adorable really
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799727)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 22nd, 2016 @ 8:23pm CDT
Seibertronian Deadput has been on fire today. His most recent find for us to news revolves around a new and better image of the head that has been rumored to be Megatron! Micheal Bay uploaded this new image on his Flicker account, and it shows off more of the head and even manages to tease the upper chest/neck area just below the head. Seibertronian Emerje even took the time to adjust the lighting so that we could get a better look at the character. Check out the images mirrored below and let us know what you think in the comments section, and as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries.

Image

Image
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799734)
Posted by padfoo on June 22nd, 2016 @ 8:39pm CDT
Wow! for a second I thought it was an image from a new Stars Wars short! alt modes going to be similar to this!

Image
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799746)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 22nd, 2016 @ 9:36pm CDT
Deadput wrote:And from Bay's flickr it's Squeaks!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelbay/27759682151/


Image


maybe ?

Image
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799747)
Posted by DedicatedGhostArt on June 22nd, 2016 @ 9:43pm CDT
BERSEKAEL wrote:
maybe ?

Image


Image

=

padfoo wrote:
Image
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799758)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 22nd, 2016 @ 10:51pm CDT
Bayverse, IMO, has dropped the ball so many times with Megatron's appearances that I'm weary of investing any effort into 'anticipating' how they will screw up with him next....
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799759)
Posted by #Sideways# on June 22nd, 2016 @ 11:00pm CDT
Firstly, has anyone noticed the shoe beneath Squeaks?

Second-off, I feel sorry for the people who have to make toys of this thing. It's going to be just like the Arcee triplets. :HEADHURTS:

... You can stand on your own, Chromia, I believe in you...
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799763)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 22nd, 2016 @ 11:20pm CDT
#Sideways# wrote:Firstly, has anyone noticed the shoe beneath Squeaks?

Second-off, I feel sorry for the people who have to make toys of this thing. It's going to be just like the Arcee triplets. :HEADHURTS:

... You can stand on your own, Chromia, I believe in you...

Yeah, there's a guy behind him, you can see his arm near his side ;)
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799765)
Posted by JazZeke on June 22nd, 2016 @ 11:21pm CDT
I have a friend who is a scooter collector/enthusiast, and Squeaks' design offends her deeply. :lol:
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799766)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 22nd, 2016 @ 11:22pm CDT
Sorry to be a Negative Nancy but can't help but think they dropped the ball by not giving us Unicron by now.

I saw this poster and thought, we had twenty years to have Unicron doing this to earth.

independence_day_resurgence_ver14_xlg.jpg
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799768)
Posted by Deadput on June 22nd, 2016 @ 11:44pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Sorry to be a Negative Nancy but can't help but think they dropped the ball by not giving us Unicron by now.

I saw this poster and thought, we had twenty years to have Unicron doing this to earth.

independence_day_resurgence_ver14_xlg.jpg



Unicron is the worst thing they could do especially since he is a one dimension character from the start Unicron should be one of the last villains because they do him now what are they going to do next?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799769)
Posted by Emerje on June 22nd, 2016 @ 11:47pm CDT
A giant threat like Unicron would be the perfect villain for when they get around to doing a big Hasbro universe movie. It would definitely give them a cause to come together and fight against including ROM from deep space.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799770)
Posted by Deadput on June 22nd, 2016 @ 11:57pm CDT
Emerje wrote:A giant threat like Unicron would be the perfect villain for when they get around to doing a big Hasbro universe movie. It would definitely give them a cause to come together and fight against including ROM from deep space.

Emerje



That would be good yes but if they bring him they better build him up because everyone including people who want Unicron are going to complain if he just shows up half arsed and then dies and never being brought up again.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799773)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on June 23rd, 2016 @ 1:39am CDT
Deadput wrote:
Emerje wrote:A giant threat like Unicron would be the perfect villain for when they get around to doing a big Hasbro universe movie. It would definitely give them a cause to come together and fight against including ROM from deep space.

Emerje



That would be good yes but if they bring him they better build him up because everyone including people who want Unicron are going to complain if he just shows up half arsed and then dies and never being brought up again.

This is my personal opinion, but if Unicron does show up I'd like him to be voiced by Michael Bay. It'd make sense having an all powerful destroyer voiced by an all powerful destroyer (Though I do have a soft spot for the Movieverse...).
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799775)
Posted by Va'al on June 23rd, 2016 @ 1:51am CDT
Thank to the official Transformers: the Last Knight Snapchat account - and the hard work of D-Maximus_Primal - we have some images from the set of Michael Bay's movie, featuring the returning Barricade with his 'to punish and enslave' motto, the crew hat with the movie Optimus Prime head logo, and a potential teaser at a fire truck character, who might just be actually part of the safety crew instead. Check them out below!

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799776)
Posted by Deadput on June 23rd, 2016 @ 1:55am CDT
Since the firetruck says Detroit Fire Department I'm going to assume it's just a normal vehicle.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799782)
Posted by SeventhSage on June 23rd, 2016 @ 3:21am CDT
I really hope that's inferno!
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799783)
Posted by SeventhSage on June 23rd, 2016 @ 3:25am CDT
Resembles a certain orange mini con...
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799798)
Posted by kriksix on June 23rd, 2016 @ 5:49am CDT
eh. so Bumblebee will be able to talk so we need another cute bot that communicates in cute beeps and squeaks. initial dread, but I can kinda see it working with the girl. the premise of TF1 with Sam and Bee but younger, smaller, cuter. ok.

hoping also we have some Autobots with a bit more of a sense of honour and nobility this time. the Wreckers, the AOE bots and even Ironhide all seemed to find protecting innocent life forms an annoyance and a chore.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799799)
Posted by Kurona on June 23rd, 2016 @ 5:56am CDT
kriksix wrote:eh. so Bumblebee will be able to talk so we need another cute bot that communicates in cute beeps and squeaks. initial dread, but I can kinda see it working with the girl. the premise of TF1 with Sam and Bee but younger, smaller, cuter. ok.

hoping also we have some Autobots with a bit more of a sense of honour and nobility this time. the Wreckers, the AOE bots and even Ironhide all seemed to find protecting innocent life forms an annoyance and a chore.

Oh don't worry, according to rumours Drift is back so you'll get all that packed into a terrible Japanese stereotype that I'm surprised I didn't see more people mad about.
Sorry, watched AOE yesterday so I'm a bit jaded

On the positive side, I am just realising what Squeaks and the young female protagonist means - that they're trying to appeal to a younger audience so it should be a bit more child-friendly and fun, and we'll actually have a main female protagonist who isn't just the most obvious horny teenager views incentive. So... it's progress.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799803)
Posted by kriksix on June 23rd, 2016 @ 6:08am CDT
Kurona wrote:
kriksix wrote:eh. so Bumblebee will be able to talk so we need another cute bot that communicates in cute beeps and squeaks. initial dread, but I can kinda see it working with the girl. the premise of TF1 with Sam and Bee but younger, smaller, cuter. ok.

hoping also we have some Autobots with a bit more of a sense of honour and nobility this time. the Wreckers, the AOE bots and even Ironhide all seemed to find protecting innocent life forms an annoyance and a chore.

Oh don't worry, according to rumours Drift is back so you'll get all that packed into a terrible Japanese stereotype that I'm surprised I didn't see more people mad about.
Sorry, watched AOE yesterday so I'm a bit jaded

On the positive side, I am just realising what Squeaks and the young female protagonist means - that they're trying to appeal to a younger audience so it should be a bit more child-friendly and fun, and we'll actually have a main female protagonist who isn't just the most obvious horny teenager views incentive. So... it's progress.


ha yeah, agreed. Drift and Hound killing life forms in AOE simply because they were ugly or caught unawares is SO not the Autobot way. right..? well I can understand some Autobots being slightly deviant, but ALL of them except for Prime and Bee..? I wouldn't have minded the Japanese honour stereotype so much if Drift actually was honourable..
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799804)
Posted by kriksix on June 23rd, 2016 @ 6:14am CDT
also also. "Squeaks"? really?

hoping it's a placeholder name. but what actual Autobot could this little guy be derived from or take his name from...

I'm thinking Gears..

or..?

any good minicon names?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799806)
Posted by Kurona on June 23rd, 2016 @ 6:15am CDT
kriksix wrote:
Kurona wrote:
kriksix wrote:eh. so Bumblebee will be able to talk so we need another cute bot that communicates in cute beeps and squeaks. initial dread, but I can kinda see it working with the girl. the premise of TF1 with Sam and Bee but younger, smaller, cuter. ok.

hoping also we have some Autobots with a bit more of a sense of honour and nobility this time. the Wreckers, the AOE bots and even Ironhide all seemed to find protecting innocent life forms an annoyance and a chore.

Oh don't worry, according to rumours Drift is back so you'll get all that packed into a terrible Japanese stereotype that I'm surprised I didn't see more people mad about.
Sorry, watched AOE yesterday so I'm a bit jaded

On the positive side, I am just realising what Squeaks and the young female protagonist means - that they're trying to appeal to a younger audience so it should be a bit more child-friendly and fun, and we'll actually have a main female protagonist who isn't just the most obvious horny teenager views incentive. So... it's progress.


ha yeah, agreed. Drift and Hound killing life forms in AOE simply because they were ugly or caught unawares is SO not the Autobot way. right..? well I can understand some Autobots being slightly deviant, but ALL of them except for Prime and Bee..? I wouldn't have minded the Japanese honour stereotype so much if Drift actually was honourable..

I kinda get a lot of the autobots being that way, especially given the circumstances (circumstances being very contrived and out of nowhere, mind), because they are that way in a lot of series - and it's Optimus that has to hold them back, and bring them back to their senses that they're protectors of innocent lives and they shouldn't hurt humans.
... except he's about as bloodthirsty if not more bloodthirsty than all of them combined. It's the centerpiece problem I have with all the films, really - just hearing Optimus say "Kill the humans!", "Kill them all!", "I'll kill you!" or some variation thereof, especially coming from Peter Cullen just... it just hurts.

Still... I suppose I should save this for the AOE rants thread. If there is an AOE rants thread. Which, considering I've seen a lot of people here say even if they liked the films they hated AOE, is probably not too unlikely.
But yeah, Last Knight. Guess I should be a bit more positive.
Positive things to say, positive things to say...
...
Squeaks is adorable!
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799812)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on June 23rd, 2016 @ 7:28am CDT
Image
Wall-E meets the Transformers. :lol: Well, I can't say it is not interesting to see a practical Transformer on set.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799814)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 23rd, 2016 @ 7:49am CDT
Kurona wrote:
kriksix wrote:eh. so Bumblebee will be able to talk so we need another cute bot that communicates in cute beeps and squeaks. initial dread, but I can kinda see it working with the girl. the premise of TF1 with Sam and Bee but younger, smaller, cuter. ok.

hoping also we have some Autobots with a bit more of a sense of honour and nobility this time. the Wreckers, the AOE bots and even Ironhide all seemed to find protecting innocent life forms an annoyance and a chore.

Oh don't worry, according to rumours Drift is back so you'll get all that packed into a terrible Japanese stereotype that I'm surprised I didn't see more people mad about.
Sorry, watched AOE yesterday so I'm a bit jaded

On the positive side, I am just realising what Squeaks and the young female protagonist means - that they're trying to appeal to a younger audience so it should be a bit more child-friendly and fun, and we'll actually have a main female protagonist who isn't just the most obvious horny teenager views incentive. So... it's progress.


So, because he's a samurai played by a Japanese guy, he's obviously a stereotype. Right.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799818)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 23rd, 2016 @ 8:24am CDT
To be fair to the AoE bots though, they had been hunted down and exterminated, and those 5 were all that were left. I think that there would be good reason not to care for humanity when part of it killed their comrades.

Now other movies are down to the movie-verse being darker and less caring for collateral damage, but that's just this universe's deal.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799819)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 23rd, 2016 @ 8:30am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:To be fair to the AoE bots though, they had been hunted down and exterminated, and those 5 were all that were left. I think that there would be good reason not to care for humanity when part of it killed their comrades.

Now other movies are down to the movie-verse being darker and less caring for collateral damage, but that's just this universe's deal.


They were the type of Autobots who would survive a situation like that. Everyone else was either too passive, or just caught off guard. These guys seemed like they would always have their guard up. There isn't a single new Autobot in AOE I don't like.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799820)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 23rd, 2016 @ 8:35am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:To be fair to the AoE bots though, they had been hunted down and exterminated, and those 5 were all that were left. I think that there would be good reason not to care for humanity when part of it killed their comrades.

Now other movies are down to the movie-verse being darker and less caring for collateral damage, but that's just this universe's deal.


They were the type of Autobots who would survive a situation like that. Everyone else was either too passive, or just caught off guard. These guys seemed like they would always have their guard up. There isn't a single new Autobot in AOE I don't like.

I also really liked the new Autobots. Each was different and had some fun stuff. Crosshair's trenchcoat was pretty sweet
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799821)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 23rd, 2016 @ 8:39am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:So, because he's a samurai played by a Japanese guy, he's obviously a stereotype. Right.
No, it's how he was played. He was given an exaggerated accent (Ken Watanabe does not sound in real life quite like how Drift sounded), he used Japanese terms that Americans know but only used them out of their proper meaning because of how pop culture has constantly used those terms incorrectly, he presented himself as a well-behaved bot of honor yet kept doing lot of disrespectful and dishonorable things throughout the movie, he spoke proverbs for no reason other than his having a Japanese motif as said proverbs never fit the context of the situations in which he spoke them and which only incited ill reactions from his teammates (particularly Crosshairs)... Drift is a far cry from a respective representation of a Japanese Samurai character. Beast Wars Dinobot, or even the character-less Swordbot Samurai Team members from Transformers Go!, were far more accurate expressions of how an actual Samurai would be like.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799874)
Posted by JazZeke on June 23rd, 2016 @ 11:05am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:So, because he's a samurai played by a Japanese guy, he's obviously a stereotype. Right.
No, it's how he was played. He was given an exaggerated accent (Ken Watanabe does not sound in real life quite like how Drift sounded), he used Japanese terms that Americans know but only used them out of their proper meaning because of how pop culture has constantly used those terms incorrectly, he presented himself as a well-behaved bot of honor yet kept doing lot of disrespectful and dishonorable things throughout the movie, he spoke proverbs for no reason other than his having a Japanese motif as said proverbs never fit the context of the situations in which he spoke them and which only incited ill reactions from his teammates (particularly Crosshairs)... Drift is a far cry from a respective representation of a Japanese Samurai character. Beast Wars Dinobot, or even the character-less Swordbot Samurai Team members from Transformers Go!, were far more accurate expressions of how an actual Samurai would be like.

Basically, they took Drift from the comics, dialed the weaboo factor that no one liked up to 11, and excised the few positive traits Drift did have (mostly thanks to James Roberts).
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Micheal Bay Possibly Confirms Rumored Character (1799924)
Posted by Deadput on June 23rd, 2016 @ 2:14pm CDT
Drift is hardly an offensive stereotype like seriously guys it's an accent get over the movies trying to be diverse with it's cast.


You guys always blow everything out of proportion with this franchise I can't even enjoy looking at the news anymore without getting annoyed with comments especially with those people trying too hard to make Bay look like a horrible person for not making some grand mind blowing movie about robots from space.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr C Cliffjumper Image Comics 2023 1123IM825 (CA)Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210545 13RI (CA) Griffin"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #4 Regular Cvr IDW Comics 2017 (W) Barber (A/CA) Zama"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr E Rage Image Comics 2023 1123IM812 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE ADAPTATION #3 RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2007 3RI (CA) photo 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0923IM466 6C (CA) Ejikure (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200537 12B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM327 7B (CA) Bellegarde (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON