Sunday, June 30th, 2019 11:46am CDT

Category: Site Articles
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 31,217

Stellar Sunday and salutations Seibertronians! Thanks to Seibertronian Cyberpath we have some extremely cool comparison charts of the recent reveals for the Transformers Siege line. These are always fun to see the evolution of each character sometimes all the way back to their initial designs off the drafting board all the way up to their current incarnations. They also serve as a great quick guide to see what design and engineering nods are taken from the older versions and included in the current ones. Enjoy the peruse and as always share your views with the Seibertron crew in the forums!
Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain

Credit(s): Cyberpath

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026889)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on June 30th, 2019 @ 12:16pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026895)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 30th, 2019 @ 12:45pm CDT
WeatherManNX01 wrote:As usual, Astrotrain's modes look a little compromised by the other modes, but I think this is probably the best iteration on the character. The train looks like a proper train, and the shuttle looks like a proper shuttle, both better than the Titans Return version.

Honestly, I don't mind those slight compromises, they are literally part of his design now, and it's pretty OK now to me
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026896)
Posted by Randomhero on June 30th, 2019 @ 12:47pm CDT
No love for classics astrotrain...
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026899)
Posted by leokearon on June 30th, 2019 @ 12:53pm CDT
Looks like Apeface is doomed to have a lackluster jet mode
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026900)
Posted by transformers_va on June 30th, 2019 @ 12:57pm CDT
Thank you Cyberpath and Stargrave for bringing these to us! They are a very cool set of comparisons.

I am loving these Siege characters! In my opinion they are the best line out of the last several lines. I am a little worried about the possible hollowness of Apeface's upper arms in gorilla mode, but that is an extremely minor nitpick in an otherwise amazing release of Transformers :-D
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026901)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 30th, 2019 @ 12:59pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026904)
Posted by transformers_va on June 30th, 2019 @ 1:11pm CDT
I agree with you about the colour scheme, but for me it was the train mode that killed it for me. I love that Siege Astrotrain will be in the form of an old school locomotive ;)^
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026906)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on June 30th, 2019 @ 1:15pm CDT
It's probably because of the render, but Astrotrain's colors look like it's a blend of his animation colors and his original toy colors. Apeface's gorilla hands are the only thing throwing me off about him. Crosshairs is literally a Crosshairs colored Autotrooper. Don't tell me you can't see it. He just needs a white paintjob with blue highlights and it's an Autotrooper.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026907)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 30th, 2019 @ 1:16pm CDT
Siege Astrotrain looks like his totally have his Cartoon/Anime Colors, that's a very nice detailing. :michaelbay:

Also why so much hate with Apeface, i mean for some reason why they called it a "Brick with wings?" :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026908)
Posted by Cobotron on June 30th, 2019 @ 1:18pm CDT

Anyway, an unfortunate series of events kept me from playing with him last night. But I just had a chance to sit down with him and run him through all 3 modes.

I was happy with T30 Springer, and had they never given us another version, I would have been ok with that. I honestly never thought T30 Spring Green could ever be out done. I was wrong. This new Springer is CRAZ-AMAZE-BALL-SUPER-RAD-AND-TOTALLY-AWESOME-COOL!!!!! :BOOM:

:lol:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026909)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 30th, 2019 @ 1:19pm CDT

I think like many, I may swap places of this one and the last one to have it fit the line better. Easy to do.

Snapdragon delivers really well. Looking at the differences to the g1 makes me wonder if his engineering is a split to make both horrorcons from the same base tooling.

Crosshairs looks good as robot. It’s a bit disappointing that his vehicle misses the dune buggy style - and wow that prototype sketch really shines - but let’s face it. None of us have any attachment to the character. If there were any toy from the line to kinda fudge on, he’s a good choice. Perfect head sculpt. Good enough.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026910)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 30th, 2019 @ 1:20pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:I'm the odd one out, I still like the TR figure and think it fits better with the siege on cybertron line. The siege astro train will go with my movie figures. Doubt we will see it repainted as sentinel, that color scheme just made the tr mold so bland (yet it will probably look good in shuttle mode for use with the movie figures. Though the tr one always looks like it's missing a part/the wings to attach to his chest.

TR/Legends Astrotrain looks like something...
If im not missing out on this one, its probably homage to the Henkei Henkei Astrotrain figure
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026912)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 30th, 2019 @ 1:23pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:I lucked out and found a Springer at a Walmuck tucked behind all the Leaders on the bottom shelf. (sorry to whoever may have been hiding it back there. Might wan't to rethink your hidey hole situation. ;) )

:lol:

I guess he had better things tonight than die? :-D :lol:

Springer is great figure, nevertless both the 30th and the SIEGE (which is G1 Accurate) are so awesome and fun. :x
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026920)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 30th, 2019 @ 2:03pm CDT
TR Astrotrain looks more like how the pre earth character should look, while Siege Astro train looks like the earth version of the character. Win - Win surely. Though why Cybertron would have earth trains is beyond me ;)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026922)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on June 30th, 2019 @ 2:14pm CDT
Takara Legends Astrotrain is the best one. Siege looks ok but not great.

I love Apeface. The only one I'll buy out of these new reveals.

Crosshairs is a complete fail. The Ironhide mold is totally wrong for him.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026923)
Posted by Skritz on June 30th, 2019 @ 2:17pm CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:
Crosshairs is a complete fail. The Ironhide mold is totally wrong for him.

I'd argue only in vehicle mode as, in robot mode, its about I'd say...I dunno, 3/4 correct? Definitely should have had more retooling involved.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026924)
Posted by william-james88 on June 30th, 2019 @ 2:18pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Yeah I think it’s really good to take notice we have already gotten a space train. That makes me really glad they are sticking to their guns to make this one look like the g1 version. It really seems to pull off the memorable character we remember from the movie.

Snapdragon delivers really well.

Woah, where did you see Snapdragon??!!
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026926)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 30th, 2019 @ 2:26pm CDT

Personally I really hope they aren't made from the same mold. It just wouldn't work considering how different their beast modes are. I don't mind crosshairs being like he is. Not perfect but the robot mode is certainly good enough. I think altmode would've worked better if they just found a way to make the wheels extend outward.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026927)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 30th, 2019 @ 2:38pm CDT
That's why I usually take it to another aisle. :lol:

I just found a Springer at the Walmart where I work. It was the only one.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Comparison Charts for Apeface Crosshairs and Astrotrain (2026928)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 30th, 2019 @ 2:49pm CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:Takara Legends Astrotrain is the best one. Siege looks ok but not great.

I love Apeface. The only one I'll buy out of these new reveals.

Crosshairs is a complete fail. The Ironhide mold is totally wrong for him.

Complete fail is a bit extreme. I think it's a far better match than, say, TR Kup would have been. The robot mode has the correct chest slope, and is suitably bulky in the right places and the color layout is a fairly close match. The vehicle mode has a roofline that continues from the top of the windshield and a somewhat similar silhouette. Well, aside from the tires. But then, the only 21st-century mold with tires that stick out that much that I can think of is Cybertron Dirt Boss with his key gimmick activated:

A perfect match for G1 Crosshairs is kinda hard to find considering both the tires and the big gap in the back of his vehicle mode.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY