Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge

Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge

Saturday, June 5th, 2010 1:57am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Site Articles, Transtopia
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 127,465

With the recent licensing in Transformers lines, any use of an Optimus Prime figure as a character other than Optimus Prime has been prevented. The last time an Optimus Prime figure was remade into a Decepticon was Classics Nemesis Prime, and we've been through several toy lines since then! Energon Pub member and customizer Toyphilia decided that the leader of the Autobots needed to be back in black, and what better way to do it than by using ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime. The figure is tainted with a little evil, the black hues and lighting decals signifying the essence of the Decepticon called Scourge. To top it all off, Scourge comes with his trademark sword and trailer. Check out toyphilia's masterpiece below!

If you have any Transformers related work, whether it be simple repaints, hardcore customs, or fan art, feel free to post in our Transtopia boards!

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The best place for the Transformers fanbase!

Credit(s): Toyphilia

This article was last modified on Saturday, June 5th, 2010 1:59am CDT

Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082443)
Posted by Warbreaker on June 5th, 2010 @ 4:31am CDT
The lightning details is beautiful!

...Heeeeey, I've got that sword! Was included with a faux-transformer I got years ago, currently lying somewhere in one of the toyboxes...
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082446)
Posted by Hard Hacker on June 5th, 2010 @ 4:58am CDT
This is new levels of awesome. Brilliant reimagining of an excelent character!
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082462)
Posted by Zeds on June 5th, 2010 @ 5:47am CDT
Yup Hasbro you really should be on these boards because if you made some of these customs then your bottom line would look as bad ass as them.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082464)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 5th, 2010 @ 5:58am CDT
Looks cool. Where'd the sword come from?
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082469)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on June 5th, 2010 @ 6:30am CDT
my god... that is just pure epic. seriously fantastic, enough to make me want to own it desperatly.
If I ever get the wad to get the buster prime from japan, I may just beg and plead for you to make my old one into this.

seriously, congradulations on a true masterpeice of customization :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082476)
Posted by Chaoslock on June 5th, 2010 @ 7:09am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Looks cool. Where'd the sword come from?

You seriously didn't see one of those yet? 9 out of 10 knockoff figures have those here.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082477)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 5th, 2010 @ 7:17am CDT
Chaoslock wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:Looks cool. Where'd the sword come from?

I was curious about that too. Never seen it myself. But just as important as the sword, that's one awesome paint job. I'm always amaazed how kitbashers can get such awesome looking custom paintjobs. The one custom I did looked like $%!* I guess kitbashing isn't in my blood. That Nemesis Prime is simply amazing.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082482)
Posted by dragons on June 5th, 2010 @ 7:57am CDT
great job wonderful :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082486)
Posted by HighPrime on June 5th, 2010 @ 8:28am CDT
Very nice, but I'm more interested in this statement:

"With the recent licensing in Transformers lines, any use of an Optimus Prime figure as a character other than Optimus Prime has been prevented."

Was there some kind of official declarition from Hasbro on this?

I can only recall 5 (6 if you count the legends class version in RiD). Seems a Nemesis Prime repaint only happens every few years as it is.

RiD Scourge (G2 Laser Prime repaint - also available in legends class)
Armada Nemesis Prime/Scourge
Universe Nemesis Prime (Big Convoy repaint)
Alternators Nemesis Prime
Universe/Classics 2.0 Nemesis Prime

Just curious on the background.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082487)
Posted by esclavo on June 5th, 2010 @ 8:44am CDT
Wow! Wow! Wow! This is superb. Incredible job, man! :BOT:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082495)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 5th, 2010 @ 9:28am CDT
If only Hasbro actually made this... =P~ :sad:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082501)
Posted by First-Aid on June 5th, 2010 @ 10:07am CDT
Even my wife was floored...and she often laughed at my giddiness with my chosen hobby.

How the hell did you do the lightning? Or do you not want to share your secret with those of us who are kitbash-challeneged... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082518)
Posted by NemesisScourge on June 5th, 2010 @ 11:20am CDT
This is going to look flawless in my collection.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082519)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on June 5th, 2010 @ 11:27am CDT
HighPrime wrote:Very nice, but I'm more interested in this statement:

Was there some kind of official declarition from Hasbro on this?

Might be something to take to Hasbro Q&A at BotCon or SDCC...
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082568)
Posted by Moft on June 5th, 2010 @ 3:17pm CDT
Flip the damn shoulder panels up all the way!!

I swear, every single picture of ROTF Prime in existence has those panels in the wrong position. Look at his CGI model! They're at a diagonal angle, almost horizontal, not flush with the rest of his arm. I'm being a whiny little nit-picker, but it just bugs the crap out of me every time I see it, especially in professional-quality photos on sites like these.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082573)
Posted by Blurrz on June 5th, 2010 @ 3:31pm CDT
emeraldbeacon wrote:
HighPrime wrote:Very nice, but I'm more interested in this statement:

Was there some kind of official declarition from Hasbro on this?

Might be something to take to Hasbro Q&A at BotCon or SDCC...

It was an assumption of mine, so yes it would be nice if Hasbro could clarify it.

Moft wrote:Flip the damn shoulder panels up all the way!!

OH NO. HE'S NOT TRANSFORMED RIGHT. HOLD THE PRESS THE WORLD IS GOING TO END
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082660)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 5th, 2010 @ 9:39pm CDT
On a scale of 1 to 10, this one goes to 11. That is the best Scourge/Nemesis yet. This definitely needs to be waved under Hasbros nose with a note saying "THIS is how you do it!!" Awesome Job!! 8)
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082665)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 5th, 2010 @ 10:08pm CDT
:APPLAUSE:

This is almost more of a masterpiece than the actual masterpiece figures! Beautiful!
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082678)
Posted by Moft on June 5th, 2010 @ 11:41pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:OH NO. HE'S NOT TRANSFORMED RIGHT. HOLD THE PRESS THE WORLD IS GOING TO END

Well, I did say I was being whiny and nitpicking. Sorry my post wasn't full of glowing, retna-searing praise like all the others. I know if I put as much effort as this guy put into his work, I'd make darn sure it looked as good as it could. But that's just me. I'll think differently before having a not-100%-positive opinion next time. :D
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Leader Class Scourge (1082747)
Posted by Prime Riblet on June 6th, 2010 @ 8:22am CDT
This thing is absurdly awesome. And what a great reiteration of the original rid Scourge. Just freaking fantastic.

BTW, the transformation is good enough for me. There is being nit-picky, and then there is being nit-picky to a very exagerated level.

This thing is a damned Masterwork. Great job.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #291 - Til All Are 2021
"Til All Are 2021"
Posted: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse SKY BYTE, Tiny Turbo Changers 2020" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES - ENERGON ARMOR SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Frenzy & Buzzsaw 2 Pack 2015 SDCC Exclusive Set" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Part" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Leg Part" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Part" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Terrorcon Blot Near Mint Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Soundwave #83 Bumblebee Movie IN HAND SEALED!!" on EBAY