Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons"

Monday, July 6th, 2015 12:05AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Event News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: megatronus   Views: 38,160

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your host ScottyP, along with Counterpunch, Megatronus, and Seibertron himself! Listen in as we discuss the latest news, toys, and more.

Episode #120 "Cons" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

We begin with a very special segment, dear listeners: the Twincast chats with Colin Douglas, organizer of the upcoming TFCon in Toronto, July 17-19. Sit back and enjoy while we find out what really goes into planning the largest unofficial Transformers convention in the world.


Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons"
Solid Logo.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to chat with us, Colin. We had a great time talking about Toronto, water slides, Peter Cullen, the genesis of TFCon Charlotte, convention exclusives, and more!

We get into some additional Con discussion, and the crew quickly settles in on SDCC exclusive Devastator. Seibertron is on-hand mid-photo shoot - the finished SDCC Devastator gallery can be found here. What does the Twincast think of this exclusive, and how does it stack up to the Generations and Unite Warriors releases? We move on to the Combiner Hunters 3-pack, Kre-O Class of '85, and whoa... things are getting expensive.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons"
Prepareā€¦ for chrome-termination.


We seamlessly move into Botcon and this year's exclusive figures. The collection of oddities and the Diaclone-homage-surprise-attack caught a couple Twincasters off-guard. Some are bummed, and some wish they could have been at the convention. While you listen to our joys, woes, and a spirited conversation on these Diaclone-inspired figures' factions, check out Seibertron's mini-gallery of the Botcon 2015 exclusives, right here.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons"
Misfits.


We skillfully segue to the Windblade #4, MTMTE #42, and TF #42 comics. We're on the verge of a very cool Velocitron arc, some MTMTE set up, and great story work in The Transformers (formerly RID). What do we think of the long-game they're playing, and the worlds the writers are building? Listen in to hear the crew's thoughts about the comics' larger direction, and the greatness at the end of the tunnel.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons"
Finally, Knock-Out takes center stage.


We digress, and talk through the hunt for Transformer Prime Megatron, Transformers Subscription Service Nacelle assembly problems, some special dealers at Botcon, and more. You like it when we riff, right?
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons"
Upside-down rear wing tips. Grrr.


We finish up the Twincast with some bragging rights. What did everyone get since the last recording - or even since two recordings ago?

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons"
Also, someone got a lucky draw!


Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706539)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 6th, 2015 @ 3:15am CDT
Scotty P wrote:My vagina is just fine right now.

Welp, I found my new signature. This is for teasing my exhaust fetish! Also, Sling-shock, and Alpha Bravo-shock infinite; we need it.

I totally support the idea of factionless characters. Even though I never liked the "Unicron Trilogy", my favorite concept from galaxy force was the non bot/con affiliates. It makes allot of sense in the IDW universe just because 1. We have new guys and gals on all sides, and they won't know that the book of revelations has been occurring on cybertron for millennia. And 2. jesus christ the war's been going on for millennia, it needs to end from a story perspective.

Actually, that brings up a question id like to ask. Do you think, from a narrative perspective, in the transformers as a fictionalized history, the civil war should end, and the factions phased out over time? if so what story possibilities arrive from that point?

It's no secret that at some point the war ends, in beast wars and wings, the signing of the pax cybertronia is the official surrender, and this can be reflected in multiple ways. Conversely, in IDW the war technically hasn't ended, i would say its like the korean war, one massive ceasefire; but that's generous. The point is, the war will end eventually, and there will be some time of, well not being in a civil war. Saying peace is waaaay to generous. Now that the war is not only iswinding down, but more and more immigrants are coming from off world with no knowledge or influence in the old war, cybertronian society really has to change, and with that is the change in factions sense they would have to change from factions to being a more united society for a chance of prolonged survival as a culture.

Now this could result in multiple avenues for world building and progressing the social ideology of the transformers as characters. For example, the factions change to be less indicative of political beliefs and more of a social or class symbols. Similar to beast wars where predicons where seen as a lower class citizens rather than being part of a specific political belief. Or even more extreme, if the factions are phased out completely, the faction symbols post generation 1 such as the g2 faction symbols :G2BOT: :G2CON: could be seen in a narrative sense can be used a symbols of revivalism, extremists, or even hate groups in transformers society. Imagine, years go by, and an extreme conservative bordering on neo-fascist revival of the autobots that is more similar to prowls ideology begins causing problems in the post war society, or the decipticons integrate more into cybertronian society, becoming more liberal or even Roddenberry socialists/humanist kinda like soundwave. Just changing the whole dynamic of the interaction between these characters.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706576)
Posted by megatronus on July 6th, 2015 @ 7:31am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I totally support the idea of factionless characters. Even though I never liked the "Unicron Trilogy", my favorite concept from galaxy force was the non bot/con affiliates. It makes allot of sense in the IDW universe just because 1. We have new guys and gals on all sides, and they won't know that the book of revelations has been occurring on cybertron for millennia. And 2. jesus christ the war's been going on for millennia, it needs to end from a story perspective.

Actually, that brings up a question id like to ask. Do you think, from a narrative perspective, in the transformers as a fictionalized history, the civil war should end, and the factions phased out over time? if so what story possibilities arrive from that point?

It's no secret that at some point the war ends, in beast wars and wings, the signing of the pax cybertronia is the official surrender, and this can be reflected in multiple ways. Conversely, in IDW the war technically hasn't ended, i would say its like the korean war, one massive ceasefire; but that's generous. The point is, the war will end eventually, and there will be some time of, well not being in a civil war. Saying peace is waaaay to generous. Now that the war is not only iswinding down, but more and more immigrants are coming from off world with no knowledge or influence in the old war, cybertronian society really has to change, and with that is the change in factions sense they would have to change from factions to being a more united society for a chance of prolonged survival as a culture.

Now this could result in multiple avenues for world building and progressing the social ideology of the transformers as characters. For example, the factions change to be less indicative of political beliefs and more of a social or class symbols. Similar to beast wars where predicons where seen as a lower class citizens rather than being part of a specific political belief. Or even more extreme, if the factions are phased out completely, the faction symbols post generation 1 such as the g2 faction symbols :G2BOT: :G2CON: could be seen in a narrative sense can be used a symbols of revivalism, extremists, or even hate groups in transformers society. Imagine, years go by, and an extreme conservative bordering on neo-fascist revival of the autobots that is more similar to prowls ideology begins causing problems in the post war society, or the decipticons integrate more into cybertronian society, becoming more liberal or even Roddenberry socialists/humanist kinda like soundwave. Just changing the whole dynamic of the interaction between these characters.

I hadn't considered the factionless angle from an IDW perspective - it DOES make sense, especially with the NAILS in RID, and with the Colony Transformers entering the picture now. That said, a lot of your ideas have already played out in the comics. RID & MTMTE are both predicated on a tentative end to the war, and an even more tentative peace... Decepticons are treated, on whole, as second class citizens until Starscream's ascension (and even still).

But old allegiances die hard. This war has been going on for millions of years, and I can't help but look at the trajectory of the comics and think these new unaffiliated Transformers will be caught in the undercurrent of the traditional Autobot-Decpticon conflict. I do think the war should 'end' from a narrative perspective, but it shouldn't go away entirely; having these new entrants navigate that war-torn political landscape makes for potentially compelling storytelling.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706596)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 6th, 2015 @ 8:42am CDT
megatronus wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I totally support the idea of factionless characters. Even though I never liked the "Unicron Trilogy", my favorite concept from galaxy force was the non bot/con affiliates. It makes allot of sense in the IDW universe just because 1. We have new guys and gals on all sides, and they won't know that the book of revelations has been occurring on cybertron for millennia. And 2. jesus christ the war's been going on for millennia, it needs to end from a story perspective.

Actually, that brings up a question id like to ask. Do you think, from a narrative perspective, in the transformers as a fictionalized history, the civil war should end, and the factions phased out over time? if so what story possibilities arrive from that point?

It's no secret that at some point the war ends, in beast wars and wings, the signing of the pax cybertronia is the official surrender, and this can be reflected in multiple ways. Conversely, in IDW the war technically hasn't ended, i would say its like the korean war, one massive ceasefire; but that's generous. The point is, the war will end eventually, and there will be some time of, well not being in a civil war. Saying peace is waaaay to generous. Now that the war is not only iswinding down, but more and more immigrants are coming from off world with no knowledge or influence in the old war, cybertronian society really has to change, and with that is the change in factions sense they would have to change from factions to being a more united society for a chance of prolonged survival as a culture.

Now this could result in multiple avenues for world building and progressing the social ideology of the transformers as characters. For example, the factions change to be less indicative of political beliefs and more of a social or class symbols. Similar to beast wars where predicons where seen as a lower class citizens rather than being part of a specific political belief. Or even more extreme, if the factions are phased out completely, the faction symbols post generation 1 such as the g2 faction symbols :G2BOT: :G2CON: could be seen in a narrative sense can be used a symbols of revivalism, extremists, or even hate groups in transformers society. Imagine, years go by, and an extreme conservative bordering on neo-fascist revival of the autobots that is more similar to prowls ideology begins causing problems in the post war society, or the decipticons integrate more into cybertronian society, becoming more liberal or even Roddenberry socialists/humanist kinda like soundwave. Just changing the whole dynamic of the interaction between these characters.

I hadn't considered the factionless angle from an IDW perspective - it DOES make sense, especially with the NAILS in RID, and with the Colony Transformers entering the picture now. That said, a lot of your ideas have already played out in the comics. RID & MTMTE are both predicated on a tentative end to the war, and an even more tentative peace... Decepticons are treated, on whole, as second class citizens until Starscream's ascension (and even still).

But old allegiances die hard. This war has been going on for millions of years, and I can't help but look at the trajectory of the comics and think these new unaffiliated Transformers will be caught in the undercurrent of the traditional Autobot-Decpticon conflict. I do think the war should 'end' from a narrative perspective, but it shouldn't go away entirely; having these new entrants navigate that war-torn political landscape makes for potentially compelling storytelling.

Something interesting I'd like to see IDW do in their transformers continuity, provided they don't just reboot the civil war and its prime v Megatron again which would really be the equivalent of setting the last half decades worth of development back 40 years. Anyhow what I'd want to see them do after the dust is a bit settled is do a time skip, maybe 25 years to 50. See what's happened to transformers society after the end of the civil war, the reintroduction of the lost colonies, and the reconstruction era, which I would say is the era the comics currently take place in. So whst post war cybertron is like, because we've never really seen transformers as a culture, just them reflecting earthen culture. What's their art like, music, literature et cetera. And what would it all be like not only post war, but post mass immigration from the lost colonies. Would it become some conservative post atomic style society? Would it be a culture of free expression and free love wanting to get away from the heart aches and pain from the war? What about the old hero's and villains, would some be forgotten, others cast in a different light in retrospect? Would there be revivals in the old political factions, would these morph into more bipartisan groups or more extreme ones. Would there be hate groups or more or less open discrimination against offworlders, former autobots, or former decipticons. Maybe from this point it's no longer the transformers, but transformers generation 2, the transformers equivalents of generation X. I want to see what happens to this society of robits, because as terrible as it sounds, starting in the middle of an intergalactic civil war between the autobots and decipticons fighting their way to earth, some back water planet in the middle of nowhere, probably isn't one for the ages. And if IDW has proven anything in the last few years, its that the civil war is not the most interesting or story driven aspect of the transformers mythos, what happened before and after is.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706607)
Posted by megatronus on July 6th, 2015 @ 9:04am CDT
A fast forward would be pretty neat, but I see that as being a 'happily-ever-after' type arc to show how great things turn out after Starscream is thwarted and the Lost Light finds the Knights of Cybertron (or not).

I actually have a somewhat different view - I'd like to see what happens during the war itself. IDW has done a great job drumming up the lead up to the war, and it's earliest days, but I'd like to see more 'Last Stand of the Wreckers' type mini-series that sheds light on the conflicts and compromises that inevitably result from war. There's millions of years of material, there. =P~


EDIT: my perspective comes from being largely unfamiliar with IDW pre-RID/MTMTE; I do know the 'war' has been done to death (so to speak).
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706611)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 6th, 2015 @ 9:22am CDT
megatronus wrote:A fast forward would be pretty neat, but I see that as being a 'happily-ever-after' type arc to show how great things turn out after Starscream is thwarted and the Lost Light finds the Knights of Cybertron (or not).

I actually have a somewhat different view - I'd like to see what happens during the war itself. IDW has done a great job drumming up the lead up to the war, and it's earliest days, but I'd like to see more 'Last Stand of the Wreckers' type mini-series that sheds light on the conflicts and compromises that inevitably result from war. There's millions of years of material, there. =P~


EDIT: my perspective comes from being largely unfamiliar with IDW pre-RID/MTMTE; I do know the 'war' has been done to death (so to speak).

I don't think doing a time skip would be a happily ever after, especially if the best wars will occur in IDW's past future. Plus in the intervening time, there can always be the equivalents of your cybertronian Branch Davidians with their crazy false religions and the equivalent of the Waco siege just to think of something. You could Have scourge/black convoy leading a major insurgent group against the status quo, adding insult to injury by being an effigy of Optimus Prime.

I think for a war time story, they should focus on more what was going on behind the scenes rather than the upfront conflict, because that's what most of the franchise has focused on. whether that be a direct robot shoot lazer boom, or Last Stand of the wreckers where we know both the good guys and bad buys are reprehensible motherfuckers that deserve to die and I hope the burn in hell, like spec ops the line. If i were to follow These reprehensible motherfuckers that deserve to die and I hope the burn in hell, I want to see the horrible things behind the scenes like espionage, numbers stations, the Institute (which I know was pre war but no one knew if it was still operating) and other things of the like, like say a decipticon or autobot equivalent of Japan's Unit 731. Espionage is my favorite, a little miniseries on Punch Counterpunch, ore Exhaust, both get their information from weird creepy numbers stations trying to uncover horrible operations both sides are participating in.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706612)
Posted by ScottyP on July 6th, 2015 @ 9:29am CDT
Love this conversation and will jump in when not at work. Wanted to correct my mention of Red Hoist/Black Skids/Oilmaster's inner bot being SG guys in disguise. It is not correct. I misremembered the comic in the back of TFCC Magazine 60, which had a Blue Trailbreaker, differently colored Swerve, and no Skids at all in reality.

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Scotty P wrote:My vagina is just fine right now.

Welp, I found my new signature.
That was not supposed to make it in >< Oh well!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706618)
Posted by megatronus on July 6th, 2015 @ 9:41am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Love this conversation and will jump in when not at work. Wanted to correct my mention of Red Hoist/Black Skids/Oilmaster's inner bot being SG guys in disguise. It is not correct. I misremembered the comic in the back of TFCC Magazine 60, which had a Blue Trailbreaker, differently colored Swerve, and no Skids at all in reality.

That's a relief! I'm no fan of SG (as I have made clear), and the fewer homages to SG, the better (the converse is also true; the more SG homages to Diaclone or other easily transferable characters, a la Octopunch and Road Rage, the better).


ScottyP wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Scotty P wrote:My vagina is just fine right now.

Welp, I found my new signature.
That was not supposed to make it in >< Oh well!

Counterpunched!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706620)
Posted by megatronus on July 6th, 2015 @ 9:50am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I don't think doing a time skip would be a happily ever after, especially if the best wars will occur in IDW's past future. Plus in the intervening time, there can always be the equivalents of your cybertronian Branch Davidians with their crazy false religions and the equivalent of the Waco siege just to think of something. You could Have scourge/black convoy leading a major insurgent group against the status quo, adding insult to injury by being an effigy of Optimus Prime.

I was talking more of a fast forward as an endcap or epilogue to the current ongoing.

As its own series, or a continuation, I really like your idea - the mingling and proliferation of zealots and their false faiths, a major insurgency by Scourge or some similar imposter. All very cool. But that would necessarily have to occur a good 250+ years after current events, where enough time has elapsed for a relatively stable status quo to emerge.



SW's SilverHammer wrote:I think for a war time story, they should focus on more what was going on behind the scenes rather than the upfront conflict, because that's what most of the franchise has focused on. whether that be a direct robot shoot lazer boom, or Last Stand of the wreckers where we know both the good guys and bad buys are reprehensible motherfuckers that deserve to die and I hope the burn in hell, like spec ops the line. If i were to follow These reprehensible motherfuckers that deserve to die and I hope the burn in hell, I want to see the horrible things behind the scenes like espionage, numbers stations, the Institute (which I know was pre war but no one knew if it was still operating) and other things of the like, like say a decipticon or autobot equivalent of Japan's Unit 731. Espionage is my favorite, a little miniseries on Punch Counterpunch, ore Exhaust, both get their information from weird creepy numbers stations trying to uncover horrible operations both sides are participating in.

Behind the scenes would be neat - I would LOVE to see Exhaust get his own spotlight, or have him featured in an ongoing. That kind of intelligence gathering and deep undercover is something we haven't seen too much of (besides, perhaps, Tarn... but we don't know how that will turn out yet).

I'm also thinking more of the numbers game - a Prowl-esque type war scene, where the protagonists see the factions as numbers rather than individuals as a way to cope with war, only to be rudely awakened to the horror...
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706715)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2015 @ 1:50pm CDT
Heard the request made of me in the podcast.

The online Legends manga (well, some of it) can be found here - http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/toy/event/2014/06/web.html

As for the pack-ins, keep [strike]pestering[/strike] reminding me and I'll see what can be found.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706717)
Posted by Flashwave on July 6th, 2015 @ 1:52pm CDT
Still waiting for the download to... werll download. But I'm gonna lead ff with

If you hadn't have said anything, I would never have noticed Nacelle's rear fins. And actually, In Alt mode I prefer the look of the long downward fin. It's not unrealistic. But I think it messes up his ability to stand.

Cybertron's Most Wanted (toys)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706729)
Posted by itscramtastic on July 6th, 2015 @ 3:08pm CDT
Great podcast! I'm glad I downloaded it, I'll have to make sure I catch up on the older ones and follow along with the new ones!

Also..
Sabrblade wrote:Heard the request made of me in the podcast. The online Legends manga (well, some of it) can be found here - http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/toy/event/2014/06/web.html
Is it just me or are they using Legends Megatron and Masterpiece Optimus Prime?!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706743)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 6th, 2015 @ 4:02pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Heard the request made of me in the podcast.

The online Legends manga (well, some of it) can be found here - http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/toy/event/2014/06/web.html

As for the pack-ins, keep [strike]pestering[/strike] reminding me and I'll see what can be found.



<3 <3 <3 :x
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706749)
Posted by Flashwave on July 6th, 2015 @ 4:15pm CDT
On the Speed Planet thing

Someone, Megatronus maybe, made a comment about Knockout not being a Speedster himself, and I think Moonracer's comment was about Knockout's conjex endura, whom I suspect was a strong hint at Breakdown.

Regarding the stock on shelves:

Got a question for you. My two closer 2 Meijers are clearencing the generations Legends figures. And I would think its just flushing stock, but the two same Walmarts now DON'T EVEN HAVE PEGS for the legends. One of those has the Deluxes sitting on a shelf, so... but Are the other stores doing that too in your areas?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706803)
Posted by megatronus on July 6th, 2015 @ 8:35pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:On the Speed Planet thing

Someone, Megatronus maybe, made a comment about Knockout not being a Speedster himself, and I think Moonracer's comment was about Knockout's conjex endura, whom I suspect was a strong hint at Breakdown.

Just looked back, and you're 100% right - it's Knock Out's Conjux, not Knock Out himself. Good catch!


Flashwave wrote:Regarding the stock on shelves:

Got a question for you. My two closer 2 Meijers are clearencing the generations Legends figures. And I would think its just flushing stock, but the two same Walmarts now DON'T EVEN HAVE PEGS for the legends. One of those has the Deluxes sitting on a shelf, so... but Are the other stores doing that too in your areas?

Man, I wish I had Meijers in my area...
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706823)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2015 @ 10:32pm CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Heard the request made of me in the podcast. The online Legends manga (well, some of it) can be found here - http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/toy/event/2014/06/web.html
Is it just me or are they using Legends Megatron and Masterpiece Optimus Prime?!
Why wouldn't the Legends manga use Legends Megatron?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706838)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 6th, 2015 @ 11:20pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Heard the request made of me in the podcast. The online Legends manga (well, some of it) can be found here - http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/toy/event/2014/06/web.html
Is it just me or are they using Legends Megatron and Masterpiece Optimus Prime?!
Why wouldn't the Legends manga use Legends Megatron?

I think the comment's more about MP prime than legends megatron.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706876)
Posted by Henry921 on July 7th, 2015 @ 3:11am CDT
Burn-Out (Skids) and Lift Ticket (Hoist) could mmmmmmaaaaybeeee be re-purposed as SG, they're not in official fiction as such.

Oilmaster's Swerve has SOME of the right color, but the shade of purple is darker, and olive green is not gray.



The Waruder Mudfighter is basically the same deco as SG Waspinator. Could be re-purposed if you like.

But Stepper was the only one who was explicitly from the Shattered Glass universe, and... I'm not sure exactly who else who might be SG. Maybe Zap Trap as an SG Shrapnel?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706900)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2015 @ 9:24am CDT
Yeah, Oilmaster's deco was based on the inner robot design created by Hidetsugu Yoshioka in the "Badlands" manga that came packaged with the e-HOBBY exclusive Generations Magnificus.



When the Club decided to do Oilmaster, they looked at what available molds they had to choose from to pick the one that both A) could fit inside the shell they were going to design, and B) best resembled Yoshioka's design for Oilmaster's inner robot from the "Badlands" manga. They went with Swerve since he the most feasible choice.

They did not do Diaclone et al. in this set to do stealth SG toys (the only ones that really work for that argument are the Mudfighter drone as SG Waspinator and Zaptrap and SG Shrapnel, but none else). They did Diaclone et al. to do Diaclone. Every year they get asked to do a Diaclone set, and every year they give the same answer of "We're not sure it could be that appealing/successful a set." This year, they finally caved in and tried it out in the souvenirs, even creating their own universal cluster in the multiverse for the Diaclones and Waruders to come from in the convention comic. And people were really psyched about the end results of their finally doing full-blown Diaclone-themed toys.

Besides, using Burn Out for a SG Skids (which does not exist) seems really less creative than using HER for the character she was made to be since a female AI mech partnered with a female human sounds way more interesting than just making her the evil version of the dude she's redecoed from. That's boring.

Henry921 wrote:Oilmaster's Swerve has SOME of the right color, but the shade of purple is darker, and olive green is not gray.

Additionally, SG Swerve's deco is a homage to this Brazilian "Pick-Up" toy:

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706916)
Posted by ScottyP on July 7th, 2015 @ 9:54am CDT
:Reads last two posts:

I already corrected myself yesterday! :P
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #120 "Cons" (1706945)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2015 @ 11:55am CDT
ScottyP wrote::Reads last two posts:

I already corrected myself yesterday! :P
Mine was more in response both the post before mine and to Ryan's claim in the podcast that this year's Diaclone and Oilmaster toys were done to be stealth SG toys instead of genuinely being what they were marketed as.

Ending Soon On eBay

Lot of 3, Transformers G1 Insecticons - Bombshell, Shrapnel, Venom - 1985 - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 17 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Generations Goshooter MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 29 minutes 39 seconds
Hasbro Transformers IDW Titan return the head of the soldiers L-class Overlord - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 29 minutes 50 seconds
Platinum Optimus Prime Transformers Generations Edition Year of the Goat 2015 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 32 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Universe Target Exclusive 25th Anniversary Voyager Leo Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 39 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Generations GDO Deluxe Class Swerve - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 44 minutes 21 seconds
Takara Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex DD-06 - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 46 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Go exclusive Micron Samurai Sword Model kit - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 47 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
Twincast / Podcast #184:
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Website Security Test