Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron"

Tuesday, August 16th, 2016 6:19PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 30,024

Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. We're back with another episode featuring your host ScottyP along along with RodimusConvoy13, and, like a blast so far out of the past you'd think it's three years ago, we have Counterpunch, TigerTrack, and Razorclaw0000 back together again! Seibertron also stops by shortly after the proceedings start to take us through an excellent adventure from the world of Transformers 5: The Last Knight. Buckle up and settle in, it's going to be a fun ride.

Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

We start by celebrating the recent 30th anniversary of The Transformers: The Movie. What does it mean to us? When did we first see it? The cast relates some stories and memories. Seibertron also gives his delightful news that he's getting the new Blu-Ray very soon.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron"
Prime's death really wasn't what upset Scotty.

Continuing in the movie vein, Seibertron tells us of his adventures on the set of Transformers 5: The Last Knight! What did he see? Who did he meet? Check out his account of this awesome opportunity.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron"
I'm driving down I-96 as a big old Semi Truck!

Moving on from movies we move to comics. With the long awaited return of Razorclaw, he carries us away with tales of stacks of comics and couches. He's finally caught up on the IDW era of Transformers comics, so find out his thoughts plus a few of those from the rest of the crew. Also: Seibertron comes to grips with a long held gripe.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron"
I grew as a character. Then I regressed.

After that it's on to the toys. There's a few of us with Titans Return Fortress Maximus. Does he live up to expectations? Has anyone found the best city mode? Find out this and more, along with a very short discussion of the different versions available.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron"
I'd show you my best city mode if these guys would get off of me.

CybertronCon revealed a lot of great upcoming Titans Returns toys. Hear us talk about what our favorite reveals were such as the tantalizing peek at Trypticon. Six Shot's great "submarine" mode, Hot Rod retools, triple changers and more help us finish off this summer's season of reveals.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron"
You don't like my Jet mode? *sniff* That hurts, man... *sniff*

We finish off this episode with bragging rights! We got a lot of fun things since the last show! What was our favorite?

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron"
Time to send the haters back to Crybertron.

Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron" (1816038)
Posted by Emerje on August 17th, 2016 @ 4:18am CDT
Best fan city mode for Fort Max I've seen came from Optibotimus' review on YouTube.

I can understand not liking the Thunderwing head on Thunder Mayhem if you'd prefer a gold face like the original toy (or a Bludgeon skull head), but I personally love how much they made it look like TW's appearance in the Marvel comics.

I'm thinking Reprolabels will some up with a set to add a lot more green to Skullsmasher to make him look just a little bit more like a proper alligator Megatron/Megalligator.

Emerje
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron" (1816093)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 17th, 2016 @ 10:21am CDT
That would be really cool for Reprolabels to do, but I can't remember them doing a project that small or focused in a long while. Not at least since they stopped with their alternative character labels for stuff like G1 evil Jetfire.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron" (1816132)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 17th, 2016 @ 12:57pm CDT
That is a cool city mode Emerje.

That was a nice choice of image for the Fort Max talk. I love how Ryan homages the panels in the marvel comic. That was awesome, and I thought about making that set up myself!

So proud of Bob! Finally on the show again, and all caught up on IDW comics.

I get what the club was going for with Thunderwing's head. I just am not as happy as I thought I would be e with the final result. I had liked all the limbs, and I was looking forward to Bludgeon, I just ended up a bit disappointed about the final results. It was a rear idea, and filled a bunch of holes in the collection.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron" (1820146)
Posted by Va'al on August 30th, 2016 @ 4:37pm CDT
Tigertrack wrote:So proud of Bob! Finally on the show again, and all caught up on IDW comics.

I had comments. I forgot them all. Will relisten and write them down!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #153 "Last Knights of Cybertron" (1820733)
Posted by Va'al on September 1st, 2016 @ 8:16am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

Time to send the haters back to Crybertron.

...I had not seen this caption first time round. Excellent. :lol:

On the comics side of things:

- Well done Bob on catching up, an impressive feat!
- Well done on following my reading order! Going back over all of the texts does make a lot more sense, taking them in chronological rather than publication order. (And you will make me blush, eventually.)
- Well done on napping post Dark Cybertron - it still haunts me. :-P (But yes, it does work much better in collection format.)
- I am so glad you like Windblade, in Sarah Stone's art too. Such a gorgeous book.

The John Barber background point - y'know, now that he's not in an editorial position, possibilities for interviews and fan-event appearances are opening up... hm. May have to get onto that.

Fun fact on Eugenesis - there was a silent charity auction for a copy of that book at TFNation, and it eventually sold for £400 ($530 USD)!

As for the everyone-has-funny-lines, and Mike's critique (mostly Mike, but also Ryan) of MTMTE being written as a sitcom (or a series, anyway): I agree, overall, and it's been very much so the case in Season 2 <-- there you go. That is how Roberts talks about it, how the readership does, how it's sold, and a blatant indication that there is no hiding of that fact in the author's approach to the series.

Now, for Revolution...

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Raker Complete Sixwing Micromaster Takara white berserk mode - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 34 minutes 52 seconds
Arcee Botcon Transformers Black Widow Spider Hasbro 3H Enterprises 2001 MISP - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 36 minutes 31 seconds
transformers kre-o 30689 optimus prime misb - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 42 minutes 29 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Lot Preschool Optimus Bumblebee  $130 - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 43 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Year of The Horse 2014 Supreme Starscream Platinum Edition Figure - Time Remaining: 8 days 3 hours 44 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club CHROMEDOME 100% Complete In Box - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 46 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Mechtech DOTM Autobot Daredevil Squad Bumblebee Human Alliance - Time Remaining: 6 days 47 minutes 47 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Robots In Disguise RID JHIAXUS KB Toys MOSC New Sealed - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 47 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #170 - NC Comicon 2017