Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks"

Sunday, November 13th, 2016 8:52PM CST

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: megatronus   Views: 32,201

Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your host ScottyP, plus Megatronus, Counterpunch, and xRotorstomx - listen in as we discuss the latest news, toys, and more.

Episode #159 “Imperfect Specks" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

After a moment of solemnity, we kick off episode 159 in earnest with a special Black Friday topic: what would the Twincast crew like to see on sale this Black Friday? Our answers vary - and we're sure yours do too. Please post your own Black Friday aspirations in the forum thread below, and visit Seibertron.com for roundups of all the best Black Friday deals.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks"
Last year's booty.

Things then move on to Robots in Disguise - Season 3 of the popular RID cartoon has hit the airwaves. We embark on a robust discussion of the first 3 episodes, which hark back to TF:Prime in a big way. What does the podcast think of the relic hunters theme, and its recycling of older character models?

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks"
Camouflage is the latest fashion this season.

Time for an RID listener question from Seibertron.com member and all around great guy, Sabrblade. To paraphrase his words: any thoughts on the notion of RID season 3's old-fashioned route of "toys first, then media appearances" for the new characters instead of the more recent trend of "media first, then toys?"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks"
Just in time!

We use Sabrblade's question to segue into the recently revealed RID deluxe and legion, including Soundwave, Blurr, Twinferno, and many more. Yes, yes, we know - ScottyP was right about that new RID deluxe Starscream. Do these reveals keep the crew in anticipation, or are they a let down? There's only one way to find out.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks"
ScottyP is the actual worst.

Stop! Comics time. TAAO is on the docket, and we continue to enjoy the crossover potential of this series. Between Windblade, Metrotitan, and the revelation that Micronus Prime is responsible for Micro Space (this guy is really getting around the fiction these days), there's a lot to talk about. Revolution 4 has also hit the stands, and gets a rare ultra beatdown of criticism from the Twincast team. Listen in to learn why the awful art, weak villains, and overall poor story have us ready for this force-fed, unnatural crossover of pop culture properties to just end already.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks"
Great cover... best left unopened.

MP Megatron is back in the news - as more images proliferate and we learn more about this figure, the more we (or at least, predictably, Megatronus) salivate. ScottyP has an interesting theory: might the upcoming Masterpiece Megatron be a remold of MP Shockwave? Wild speculation ensues.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks"
Those legs look... familiar.

After a false start earlier in the episode, we're back to MP32 Optimus Primal. Counterpunch walks us through the joys of this figure, which heightens our expectations for the upcoming Masterpiece Cheetor. Have you gotten your Primal yet? Let us know your thoughts in the thread below. "Make bananas great again."

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks"
Peerless.

Bragging Rights. Pure and simple. As we gear up for a good old fashioned Black Friday smackdown, what have we gotten to sate our appetite for converting robots in the meantime?

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks"
Not all heroes wear capes

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1840960)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 13th, 2016 @ 9:24pm CST

Also, really hoping Wave 2 deluxes are stocked for Black Friday and so forth. I visited the local stores tonight and there are still no wave 2 anything in this area. Hope this show up again.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1840966)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on November 13th, 2016 @ 10:29pm CST
I want to see Masterpiece Shockwave, Ultra Magnus, and Star Saber, all under $100 from somewhere. Wouldn't mind to see Fort Max around $90 either.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1840970)
Posted by megatronus on November 13th, 2016 @ 10:55pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I'm hoping for a CW Computron markdown to come up. The amazon price went right back up into the $90's this week after that markdown to $64 that I passed on, and I hope they go back down.

It went as far down as $64??? Damn, I would have bought it at that price...

I bet we'll see some Black Friday markdown. Add that to the wish list. :D
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1840972)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 13th, 2016 @ 11:02pm CST
megatronus wrote:

It went as far down as $64??? Damn, I would have bought it at that price...

I bet we'll see some Black Friday markdown. Add that to the wish list. :D

Yeah, for about 2 days. Given what happened with the other sets though, I was content to wait a little longer to check it out
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1840973)
Posted by megatronus on November 13th, 2016 @ 11:13pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
megatronus wrote:

It went as far down as $64??? Damn, I would have bought it at that price...

I bet we'll see some Black Friday markdown. Add that to the wish list. :D

I'm also waiting for the Bruticus set to come down somewhere. Was real bummed to have missed the crazy $35 HTS sale. With any luck it will show up at TJ Maxx / Marshalls like the other G2 sets.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1840975)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 13th, 2016 @ 11:26pm CST
megatronus wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
megatronus wrote:

It went as far down as $64??? Damn, I would have bought it at that price...

I bet we'll see some Black Friday markdown. Add that to the wish list. :D

Agreed. I bought Victorion way back and then she fell to $40 months later. Wow.

And considering I decided late in the game to cancel UW Computron and get the CW one, I'm still willing to wait it out a bit longer
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841002)
Posted by Va'al on November 14th, 2016 @ 4:15am CST

Rest of episode will be listened to today, but wanted to say that.
(The audio sounds a little fuzzy this time.. :-? )
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841016)
Posted by ScottyP on November 14th, 2016 @ 6:25am CST
Dr Va'al wrote:Scotty, those opening minutes were terrifying, needed, powerful, and moving. Thank you.

Rest of episode will be listened to today, but wanted to say that.
(The audio sounds a little fuzzy this time.. :-? )
Thanks Alex. I cut down the opening a good bit, it ended up being a "less is more" thing when I played it back. Have considered putting the unedited full rambling up at some point. There's even a part where I audibly almost don't hold it together ><

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841018)
Posted by Big Grim on November 14th, 2016 @ 6:31am CST

Pretty damn relevant given how things have been going over the last six months up to the last weeks shockers in the real world.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841020)
Posted by Va'al on November 14th, 2016 @ 6:32am CST
ScottyP wrote:

Rest of episode will be listened to today, but wanted to say that.
(The audio sounds a little fuzzy this time.. :-? )

Would be more than happy to listen to it, even in private, if you do. :)

[quote]I think I know what happened on the audio, will get it corrected this evening. Thanks for letting me know! It's a bug in the mp3 conversion - the .wav or Audacity project sound very clean![/quote]

Oh cool, will wait until then to check again!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841033)
Posted by Big Grim on November 14th, 2016 @ 7:42am CST
I jumped to the forum JUST to letcha know the brown furry thing would be Grizzlor! And then Rotorstorm beat me to it in the actual cast! :D
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841111)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on November 14th, 2016 @ 1:10pm CST
Technical difficulties kept me from being able to participate in the show.

for a Black Friday sale, I'd really like TR Leader calls to be 50% off. I really want blaster, just not $45 want him.

I've been to two walmarts in as many days and they both had full cases of wave 2 deluxes for 9.88. I would have saved enough for a voyager if I had waited. :-D
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841112)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 14th, 2016 @ 1:12pm CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Technical difficulties kept me from being able to participate in the show.

I've been waiting to find the wave 2 guys around here. Those deluxes are the figures that keep alluding me!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841127)
Posted by megatronus on November 14th, 2016 @ 1:48pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

It's a shame - wave 2 is an amazing wave.

Also, Brainstorm. :x
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841128)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on November 14th, 2016 @ 1:49pm CST
megatronus wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

It's a shame - wave 2 is an amazing wave.

Also, Brainstorm. :x

I would have gushed like mad over Brainstorm if I'd been on. I love that figure.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841130)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 14th, 2016 @ 1:51pm CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
megatronus wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

It's a shame - wave 2 is an amazing wave.

Also, Brainstorm. :x

Haven't seen that Stormy either, and wave 2 deluxes look so awesome and I have been waiting to find those guys!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841159)
Posted by ScottyP on November 14th, 2016 @ 5:21pm CST
Audio has been cleaned up. I recommend a re-download. Still a little teeny tiny bit of distortion but you probably wouldn't have even noticed had I not written about it right here.

I am not sure how this will work with aggregation sites, so if your audio sounds wonky from somewhere such as iTunes, you may want to try the direct download for this one.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1841448)
Posted by xRotorstormx on November 16th, 2016 @ 8:21am CST
So going back to my comment about the Black Friday wish list...I was TOOOTALLY mistaken :lol: I ended up getting Blue Bluestreak for super cheap ($50 w/ the coin) last year- not Silverstreak *doh*!

I still have not opened my Brainstorm -whoopsie- but of course after I bought him on the Walgreens website, sure enough he starts showing up on the shelves back in CT :/
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1842000)
Posted by Va'al on November 18th, 2016 @ 4:25pm CST
Re-downloaded, re-listened. :)

yeahyeahtoystuff
let's get to comics

As I've said elsewhere, I agree with ScottyP on Micronauts. Bunn gone dun gud(unn).

I'd LOVE to see Scott's script for the issue, to clarify that splash. I really would. There are definite crossovers with the Micronauts' time traveller character, and who they may or may not be. Also, and I'll keep insisting on this point, I feel there is a lot about Puella Magi Madoka Magica in here too - Scott has said multiple time that she's a big fan of the magical girl genre and its tropes, and the darker take on it in that series is something that keeps ringing up when reading the this issue.

Counterpunch, xRotorstormx - have you considered using panel-by-panel readers? It's a way of making the comic display almost like a motion comic, letting the image show up first, then superimposing the text with a slight delay. It does what ScottyP is suggesting, but automatically.

(There some seriously interesting research on this subject, especially by Hannah Miodrag and the whole of Neil Cohn's field of research, cognitive neurolinguistics and comics-processing. I actually wrote about it in my thesis too, very marginally, in terms of image-text interplay/tension.)

Ossio is actually artisting on Revolutionaries. Do I assume you're not going to be looking at that series?

(I will hear nothing bad about Scioli's books. Nothing. [-( )
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #159 "Imperfect Specks" (1843304)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2016 @ 11:23am CST
Had I known at the time that ya'll were waiting for the U.S. airings of the new RID episodes, I might have waited before asking the questions I asked about it, as I wasn't referring to the Scavengers (well, not Thermidor or Clawtrap, at least), but to other things from this Season 2.5 mini-arc (the new Mini-Cons, and the stuff coming in the final three episodes of this arc).

Speaking of which, yeah, this isn't Season 3. It's a six-episode mini-series that serves as an extension of Season 2, hence "Season 2.5". Season 3 is Combiner Force, which isn't coming until next year.

Ending Soon On eBay

Lot of 3, Transformers G1 Insecticons - Bombshell, Shrapnel, Venom - 1985 - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 17 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Generations Goshooter MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 29 minutes 39 seconds
Hasbro Transformers IDW Titan return the head of the soldiers L-class Overlord - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 29 minutes 50 seconds
Platinum Optimus Prime Transformers Generations Edition Year of the Goat 2015 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 32 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Universe Target Exclusive 25th Anniversary Voyager Leo Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 39 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Generations GDO Deluxe Class Swerve - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 44 minutes 21 seconds
Takara Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex DD-06 - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 46 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Go exclusive Micron Samurai Sword Model kit - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 47 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017