Twincast / Podcast Episode #221 "Appliance Wars"
Sunday, April 14th, 2019 12:15PM CDTCategories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: ScottyP Views: 29,289
Episode #221 "Appliance Wars" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.
Here's what we talk about during this episode:
- Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron is in (some of) our clutches, so we break it down without breaking crotches.
- A brief debate occurs about Generations Selects Star Convoy and how far retoolings need to go to achieve their goals.
- The release of Bumblebee on Blu-Ray, DVD, 4K and even VHS has us buzzing about its special features. Tune in to hear what we liked and what deserved that place on the cutting room floor.
- We take the first part of a listener question from Aaarnhide19 asking about what characters in IDW's first Transformers comics continuity we would have liked to see more of.
- We continue on for the second part of Aaarnhide19's listener question by having some fun exploring crossover franchise possibilities as it relates to Transformers.
- Scotty P more or less takes over after a couple minutes of assigning new characterizations to classic Japanese G1 continuity characters as prompted by Counterpunch's listener question. Don't forget to ask us your own questions on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums!
- Bragging Rights close out another episode as the show ends with literal toilet-based humor.
Most Popular Transformers News
Transformers Generations Selects Hot Shot to Potentially be Available at New York Comic Con16,885 views
Most Recent Transformers News
Video Review for Transformers Cyberverse Power of the Spark Grimlock with Trash Crash Spark ArmorPosted 6 hours ago
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 15th, 2019 @ 7:26pm CDT
Megatron: I was afraid it was the plastic itself, which sucks, cause there is no what to repair that. Expensive figures like this that suffer from that issue is a real ball buster.
Star Convoy: I really wish they could have added $10 for a bit more retooling. He's halfway there, but it really wasn't that hard to finish going all the way. The treads and windows would have pretty much nailed it entirely. Shame they didn't go that far.
Scotty, that whole story with the Japanese guys was great, I felt like I was listening to Roberts Jr. tell a story there!
Characters that I wanted to see more of in IDW? I have to agree that Deathsaurus felt like he was set up for more. I personally would have liked some more of the Monsterbots and Defensor too. The monsterbots had a great start, but then trailed away, I wanted some more out of them. And Defensor was nearly criminal all around.
So who all is going to TFcon and when? I will be going this year, and I plan to go to the custom class Friday! Debating coming in Thursday night or Friday morning, it's about 4 hours for me according to maps.
Posted by ScottyP on April 16th, 2019 @ 9:41am CDT