Friday, July 20th, 2018 11:20pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Event News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,008

You got the live - excited - coverage of the panel itself in the story we posted earlier, and which you can see again here for detailed content of what was said during the talks - so now it's time to show you what happened in your own eyes!

There is obviously no footage of the new trailer clip shown during the panel, or the Travis Knight reel , but all the comments from the cast and crew - including director Travis Knight, actors Hailee Steinfeld, Jorge Lendeborg Jr, and John Cena, featuring cameos from Stan Bush and Peter Cullen, and all moderated by EW's Anthony Breznican. Take a look at the video embedded below, and stay tuned for more coverage as we upload more content to Seibertron.com.

This article was last modified on Saturday, July 21st, 2018 11:21am CDT

Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1972864)
Posted by Sunstar on July 20th, 2018 @ 11:31pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Sunstar wrote:
Va'al wrote:FOLKS FOLKS FOLKS

I am cautiously optimistic.

how? I just had a fraggin crying jag over a stupid movie... How are you optimistic...please reinstall hope.

I'm sorry to hear that - did you see the trailer footage too?

What I saw and heard from the crew was that they care about the characters. A lot. Knight was really knowledgeable, the animation was clear about who was who, the characters are easy to identify and keep track of even in fight sequences, and Bumblebee is adorable in all his interactions.

Not interested in the trailers. I stopped going to the movies after starscream bit the big one before. So unless he is in it, I won't shell out the money for a one shot viewing. I'll eventually get the DVD. I actually don't like bumblebee. I prefer him if he can actually speak.

My problem with this bombshell is that I had been so so so very excited to see this movie. To be told hte character that Looks like a character I care a huge amount about isn't that character fills me with extreme disappointment. I don't care to see it now. I can be as stubborn as a mule as well, and I have been known to hold things with extreme disdain. (Bowring, I am looking at you hard for a 30+ year boycot(yeah something happened when I was a child there, I haven't forgotten or forgiven))

I do not handle disappointment well. I am gonna have to walk away from this thread until, they say otherwise. I should not be rehashing why I feel disappointed - because that feeling will not change.
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1972878)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2018 @ 12:26am CDT
Suddenly, this toy just got a whole lot more surreal than it already was:

:P
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1972891)
Posted by Qwan on July 21st, 2018 @ 1:57am CDT
IMDb, the well-known.. well, internet movie database, took the opportunity to conduct an interview about the Bumblebee movie at San Diego Comic Con. The interview, as conducted by Kevin Smith, features director Travis Knight alongside cast members John Cena and Jorge Lendeborg Jr. answering a few questions about the upcoming film!

Check below for the full video (note the presence of some coarse language at the very beginning) and a couple highlights from the interview, share your thoughts in the Energon Pub Forums, and stay tuned for the last few bits of news still to come out of SDCC 2018!

Smith jokes (probably?) that he "openly wept" upon seeing the trailer for Bumblebee, and describes his excitement for it far over any of the previous Transformers films.

(To Knight) How did this [movie] happen?
Knight: "I'm a child of the 80's; I grew up watching the Transformers cartoons, playing with the toys, reading the comic books [...] these characters matter to me, these stories matter to me. [...] I really wanted to bring that kind of spirit to this film, to this franchise. For me the best kinds of stories, the best kinds of films [...] are the ones that have a strong beating heart - that have a poetic soul. That's the perspective we tried to bring to this film."

Knight mentions that the original idea for the Bumblebee film came from Steven Spielberg, to Smith's incredulity, and says that the movie's (and trailer's) tone was similarly inspired by Spielberg.

Extended jorts banter between Smith and Cena.

(To Cena) You've joined this movie, but have you also joined a larger universe of movies?
Cena: "Just because of the subject matter, there's no way that I can say no. I can't say much more than that, just because of the things I had to sign. [...] I will say this. What drew me to this, and what drew me to want to be involved with the universe, not only was [Knight] but how passionately he feels about story. [...] I'm really excited to be part of a wonderful story."

Smith speculates on the possibility of an extended universe, beyond even just Transformers, and Cena agrees wholeheartedly with the idea. Sneaky joke about M.A.S.K. slipped in there?

(To Lendeborg) What was it like jumping into an up-and-running franchise, but a new development of it?
Lendeborg: "Obviously I had a bit part in Spider-Man, but after that I moved on to Alita: Battle Angel [...] I think all those things kind of prepared me to be more of a crucial role in one of these big franchises."

Some conflict as each interviewee considers themselves the Megan Fox of their respective fields. "We're all trying to be Megan Fox."

Knight is thrilled at the "very positive" reaction to the trailer, and hopes audiences enjoy the film when it drops!
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1972897)
Posted by crash8burnt on July 21st, 2018 @ 2:32am CDT
However, I'm already scratching my head when Shatter and Dropkick are announced.. How the heck do these punks fit in? Well, alright, since Knight wanted a car chase, which is a good idea, and there weren't many cons that are on wheels, so fine. At least, we got Starscream. SS Vs BB is the hype. But there is no way you can pitch BB with Blitzwing and create a smooth G1 story which can follow through.
Create another story to have Blitzwing to face off the likes of Springer and Sandstorm, and leave him out of this movie. Bring in Starscream. This jet fits SS well. It is a good move to move away from those ugly looking insect-head transformers from Bayverse. I can still tolerate with BB's head as Knight does not want to stray too far off the image from the previous movies, even though his face still gives me nightmares that looks like a old grandmother sucking on a pacifier. I was very disappointed that Knight did not want to change the look of it. But if SS is not in the film, I find that Knight could also be losing the plot and it could really lead to the demise of the transformers franchise.

A movie with great promise, but in the end, with a cast which will not leave a nice taste on many people's mouth.
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1972899)
Posted by Qwan on July 21st, 2018 @ 2:39am CDT
crash8burnt wrote:Someone said 'What's the big deal if it is Blitzwing and not Starscream.' Well, it is more than a big deal as many fans grew up in the G1 era and would like a G1 movie. There were all the hypes at first when Bee is going to be a beetle and with Prowl being probably in the movie. After the 1st trailer with the pic of the jet, people are so excited as that is a very nice representation of G1 Starscream.

Many fans also grew up outside the G1 era and are alright with getting something a little different. The Bumblebee movie's mission statement was never "let's make a G1 movie". It was always intended to be a different spin on the live-action movies, with a couple hits of G1 in the designs to give those old fans a bit of nostalgic fun. But, give a mouse a cookie...

It's hardly the demise of the entire Transformers franchise if this one movie has a character named Blitzwing instead of Starscream. Heck even if the movie tanks somehow because of that (but really?), this franchise has been doing different stuff since the 90's. A single name change is hardly enough to bring that variety-driven, ever-changing juggernaut of a franchise crashing down around us.
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1972918)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 21st, 2018 @ 5:07am CDT
Qwan wrote:

This^ there's also the fact that this is also supposed to be a prequel to the bay movies so while having ss in it fits, we know the result of any fight would be that both survive...so Sam can kill starscream later.

If the writers wanted blitzwing then let them use him, makes no difference. We hyped ourselves up, it's not their fault.

Plus as deadput has pointed out, spoilers for the film show that there is another good reason for it not to be screamer...
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1972924)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 21st, 2018 @ 5:51am CDT

Good news!
061ED75A-4B5F-489C-A586-97D9D03F8BBD.jpeg
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1972941)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2018 @ 8:16am CDT
Yeah, there already was a G1 movie. No live action film will ever amount to being as much or more G1 a movie than the film that was already released in 1986.
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1972943)
Posted by Sunstar on July 21st, 2018 @ 8:37am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

Good news!
061ED75A-4B5F-489C-A586-97D9D03F8BBD.jpeg

I also don't like that movie.

Part of the big deal is seeing a G1 Character what he could potentially look like in real life. Bay Starscream is Starscream but a different dude. Kinda like how we have three Matts at work. Each one is different.
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1972977)
Posted by Va'al on July 21st, 2018 @ 12:22pm CDT
If you were waiting for the officially official news from Paramount about the Transformers Bumblebee Movie events taking place at San Diego Comic Con 2018 on the Friday - from Hall H to guest signings and red carpet opportunities - and now we have them, directly from the source!

Check out below a look at the cast and crew, including director Travis Knight, stars Hailee Steinfeld, Jorge Lendeborg Jr, John C0ena, and special guest appearance of Optimus Prime's voice himself, Peter Cullen, and screenwriter Christina Hodson at the red carpet event. Check out our video and panel report here, and stay tuned for our very own footage and coverage of the Red Carpet event too, coming soon here on Seibertron.com!

In Theatres December 21st, 2018

SYNOPSIS

On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Hailee Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.

DIRECTED BY

Travis Knight

PRODUCED BY

Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Tom DeSanto & Don Murphy, Michael Bay

EXECUTIVE PRODUCED BY

Steven Spielberg, Brian Goldner, Mark Vahradian, Chris Brigham

STARRING

Hailee Steinfeld, John Cena, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., John Ortiz, Jason Drucker, Pamela Adlon, Stephen Schneider

#BumblebeeMovie

www.BumblebeeMovie.com

Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1972984)
Posted by Deadput on July 21st, 2018 @ 1:13pm CDT

Well here is the thing.

G1 is dead

It has been since the line ended back in the 1990s, everything that has come afterwards has been it's own thing.

Now there have been some series that have used G1 like designs for it's characters like Animated and the Idw comics but the thing is tgat isn't G1 either.

No matter what the reboot would be like, no matter ehat year it takes place in, no matter what 80s vehicles it uses, it will never be the G1 masterpiece fans demand.

So all this movie could ever be is a good movie, it was never not will ever be a G1 movie.
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1973002)
Posted by Sunstar on July 21st, 2018 @ 3:33pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

Well here is the thing.

G1 is dead

I didn't ask for it to be G1. I just wanted Starscream to be part of this. and that jet looks 100% like Starscream. I'll wait for the DVD release as I have the last two movies - unless things change at a later time that piques my interest in the bumblebee movie again.
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1973004)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 21st, 2018 @ 3:50pm CDT
You wanted him to be Starscream even given the rumoured fate?
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1973015)
Posted by partholon on July 21st, 2018 @ 5:01pm CDT

TBH im thinking theyre trolling us.
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1973026)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 21st, 2018 @ 5:58pm CDT
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1973029)
Posted by Deadput on July 21st, 2018 @ 6:02pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:This could be a similar situation to devestator/brawl in the first movie. I mean looks aside, which sounds better? Ramjet or blitzwing.

partholon wrote:im baffled at the blitzwing decision considering Ramjet is RIGHT there looking the part to a tee as much as starscream does.

TBH im thinking theyre trolling us.

Or it's just another nameslap because that's how the franchise operates?

Who cares if it's Starscream if he (possible fate from people who saw early screenings) dies in the movie?
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1973032)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 21st, 2018 @ 6:11pm CDT
I'm just offering alternate theories :-) I mean if that hidden information is correct then they could have just called him droney mc'drone face...though that wouldnt sell many toys :lol:
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1973033)
Posted by dragons on July 21st, 2018 @ 6:17pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

Well here is the thing.

G1 is dead

This guy gets it I have been saying it for years when people complain bots don’t big blocky and ironhide isn’t van, I have been sayin it different way for years people don’t most movie designs but they prime as firtruck, and ironhide as hummer with radar dish for head in transformer energon no one complained, same with megatron as jet in that series,. Shockwave and grimlock never ever had mouth in cartoons not all bots need have human faces they are aliens from another planet not from earth
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1973036)
Posted by shajaki on July 21st, 2018 @ 6:35pm CDT
So the girl, Hailee, I had no idea was the same girl from True Grit. :shock:
She was phenomenal in that. Now I'm even more invested in this.
Re: Video Coverage of the Transformers Bumblebee Movie Panel #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC #Jointhebuzz (1973042)
Posted by Sunstar on July 21st, 2018 @ 7:19pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:You wanted him to be Starscream even given the rumoured fate?

To be frank, Starscream always dies so its no skin off my back in that regard - I don't like it, but I am used to it.

I just saw a great marriage of two concepts - which got me excited. Finally the intricate realism of a live action transformer, with aspects drawn from the cartoon. face, colouration, wings, and maybe two sticky-uppy things (or not) at the shoulder. (I can't tell in the original trailer if those are there) but there were wing-stripes, the colours, the face - its Starscream. There is enough there for me to recognise him. with exception to machine wars and BW2, most series have maintained some character qualities to the Character. This was the first time the Movies had a character that had recognisable characteristics - and I am being told its not him.

That character was always the Starscream I had hoped we'd get.

If they are purposefully trolling the potential viewers, then I am not impressed. I'll wait and see. If its screamer I will try to see it in theater. if its not, I will pick it up when ever it gets released.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Vintage Rippersnapper Predacon Abominus Hasbro 1987" on EBAY
Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY