Saturday, March 7th, 2015 9:08am CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 113,544

Ready to get those rumour engines revving again? Site owner Seibertron is currently in Indianapolis, visiting the Children's Museum exhibition on our favourite transforming robots - Transformers: Robots in Disguise. We will have further information from the show at a later stage, but in the meantime, to stoke the flames of Starscream speculation - after a Masterpiece rumour, a new Generations Leader - how about a look at a prototype for a potential upcoming Voyager figure of the current leader of Cybertron? Check out the images below, showing the body we've seen on the IDW comics covers and in fact, even a similar pose...

UPDATE: Further speculation seems to link this figure to an upscaled version of the Legends class Generations Starscream toy. Compare the latter's images to the ones of the prototype posted below, now with better photography from Seibertron himself!

Transformers News: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Combiner Wars Figure

Transformers Generations Starscream Gallery

Credit(s): The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis

This article was last modified on Saturday, March 7th, 2015 3:18pm CST

Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660076)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:10am CST
Ohhh, me likes it! I hope the wings are mistransformed because it look somewhat weird. Nevertheless, as a Screamers fan, I WILL get that voyager Starscream for my collection. Especially if it's a brand new mold.

:x
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660081)
Posted by Rated X on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:18am CST
Kinda fugly. Should have made it look more like the classics mold. That mold will never be topped.
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660082)
Posted by leakin' lubricant on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:20am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:See, I don't even understand how your chest piece isn't "locking in" sufficiently. I can handle my MP-11 molds and move them about, flip them around upside down, shake them, whatever, and the chest stays in place. I've got Hasbro's Thundercracker, Acid Storm, and Sunstorm. None in my collection have this chest problem you speak of.

Agreed. Those loose comments have me scratching my head as well. I don't think the plane mode was compromised on MP-11 either.

It's like saying MP-1 is better than MP-10. It's nuts. The newer molds are better engineered and far more G1 accurate, simple reality.

My MP-11 dosent tab in bot mode, chest panels move when I move the arms and if I pick him up by the torso the whole assembly slides upwards. Its an annoyance but I still love this guy.
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660083)
Posted by ScottyP on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:21am CST
This is Combiner Wars we're talking about, so it'll be released as Skywarp first ;)
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660084)
Posted by It Is Him on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:22am CST
Holy cow! Hasbro had to have known what they were doing when they let the museum put this in their collection!
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660085)
Posted by Sigmus Prime on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:23am CST
As long as he's mis-transformed, this will be an automatic buy for me. I'm bummed if this means he won't be released using the Leader Thundercracker remold (not soon, anyways), but I do like the Voyager-class size.

He needs poseable fingers.
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660086)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:25am CST
finally, a new seeker mold. the classics ones are really showing their age.
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660092)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:33am CST
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660093)
Posted by Cobotron on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:37am CST
Wheres the combiner peg?
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660094)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:38am CST

I just might be down for seven of these (the main six + Sunstorm). But I'm not going crazy with making another Seeker army.

If the Seeekers are getting an upgrade in size I may need a new Voyager Soundwave (I've stuck with Music Label so far; it looks good next to Classics SS) ...
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660097)
Posted by Sigmus Prime on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:42am CST
Mindmaster wrote:Whatever it is, I want the whole Seeker affair. Classic Seekers, Coneheads, Rainmakers, all of them. I would buy up every friggin' one.

I salute you, sir.
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660098)
Posted by Va'al on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:43am CST
Cobotron wrote:Guys, just judging by what I'm looking at, and based on it's construction. I think these might be 2015 RID toys.
Wheres the combiner peg?

Why not Generations 2016? Standing next to Brainstorm on that display gives me the sense of a return to pre/post CW stuff. :-?
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660099)
Posted by It Is Him on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:43am CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I really, really like the Classic Seeker mould, but I gotta admit it's way too small next to Hegemon and the Autobots. I like this. It actually seems just about right. The right size with the right amount of G1 influence. And the Classics Seekers may not look totally stupid next to him.

FOC Soundwave is used in the comic books. Easily my favorite Generations mold.
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660102)
Posted by Cobotron on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:45am CST
Va'al wrote:
Wheres the combiner peg?

Don't know. Just a hunch. character design looks more like the new RID stuff. He looks very simple. His feet are static.
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660107)
Posted by Va'al on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:49am CST
Cobotron wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Wheres the combiner peg?

I don't think we've heard of Starscream showing up in RID, though.
We know Jazz and Drift will, but I think that's about it. :-?
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660109)
Posted by Sigmus Prime on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:51am CST
No, this looks way too close to his comic book counterpart for it to be from the RID toyline.
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660112)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:54am CST

Sorry guys...
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660116)
Posted by Sigmus Prime on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:56am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Are you sure we are talking Combiner Wars here? As in that they actually combine with other figures? I've looked at that Starscream closely, and I see no possible ports anywhere. In fact, I dont see any knee joints, the legs are one solid piece. This leads me to believe that it's an upsized simplified figure, among the likes of Beast Hunters Deluxe Twinstrike and Windrazor. As for "Prowl": Same story, it's a retool of Beast Hunters Simplified Deluxe Smokscreen.

Sorry guys...

NO! I refuse to accept your logic!
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660120)
Posted by Va'al on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:57am CST

Sorry guys...

It's why I'm marking all of these as rumours. :D
Re: Voyager Starscream Prototype - Possible Generations Discarded or Upcoming Figure (1660127)
Posted by ScottyP on March 7th, 2015 @ 10:04am CST
The engineering on this makes it look like a CW deluxe. Protos are sometimes oversized perhaps? Could also be an incomplete/canned idea. Hooray for speculation?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "SDCC 2017 Exclusive The Last Knight Optimus Prime AND Transformers AOE Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Age of Extinction  OPTIMUS PRIME  FIRST EDITION Leader Class NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Drift Flip & Change." on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy - Whirl The Flight-Bot! New!!" on EBAY
Buy "Kids Logic MN08 Mecha Nation Transformers Decepticon Devastator LED Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers:  Age of Extinction Voyager Class Galvatron" on EBAY