War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial

War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial

Monday, May 31st, 2010 9:09pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 43,295

A comical War For Cybertron Preview Video has been created by GameStop. It features the Decepticons with their exclusive pre-order character Shockwave taking charge. We get to see Soundwave turn into a boombox, with the classic 'The Touch' by Stan Bush in the surround. Check out the video embed below or on Youtube.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Chaoslock, GameStop

This article was last modified on Monday, May 31st, 2010 9:09pm CDT

Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080613)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 31st, 2010 @ 9:19pm CDT
LOL! Very amusing indeed! :lol:
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080621)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 31st, 2010 @ 9:27pm CDT
"Decepticon second-in-command"? Um... well, I guess this wouldn't be the first time Starscream was present but not the second-in-command.

I'm also still curious as to who's doing the voices of these guys, seeing as how every VA in this game (other than Peter Cullen) is someone new who's never done a voice in Transformers.

Still, awesome commercial.
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080622)
Posted by SavageCam on May 31st, 2010 @ 9:28pm CDT
Awesome! Love it. Traded in that crapfest FF XIII to Gamestop for their pre-order. I'm an Autobot guy, but Shockwave is a badass. Can't wait 3 more weeks.
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080632)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 31st, 2010 @ 9:41pm CDT
Very nice, I'm glad I preordered from Gamestop.
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080634)
Posted by Varia31 on May 31st, 2010 @ 9:43pm CDT
:lol: That's funny.

Oh, and look at that, Starscream's voice is finally revealed.

Wow, "The Touch" plays, talk about fan service. :P
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080642)
Posted by Draxian on May 31st, 2010 @ 9:57pm CDT
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080648)
Posted by Varia31 on May 31st, 2010 @ 10:17pm CDT
Draxian wrote:Wow thats awesome :lol: you cant anymore original than that! Also the crack Shockwave makes... Maybe leads starscream to think :-? lol This games gonna be Epic Long live the Transformers! :BOT: :CON: :twisted:

Yeah, "when your hit percentage exceeds mine, you may choose the soundtrack." That was funny. Great to have you aboard at last Drax, see you around on the forums my friend! :D
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080650)
Posted by Icicle on May 31st, 2010 @ 10:18pm CDT
Best commercial I have seen a loooong time! Epic Win! :D
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080661)
Posted by First-Aid on May 31st, 2010 @ 11:09pm CDT
Icicle wrote:Best commercial I have seen a loooong time! Epic Win! :D

That is the understatement of the century...even my wife laughed her ass off at that!
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080680)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on June 1st, 2010 @ 1:30am CDT
I was gonna cancel my GS preorder to get Best Buy's Jazz, but... :lol:

Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080698)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on June 1st, 2010 @ 3:59am CDT
g2grimmy64 wrote:Also, in regards to Cullen being the only returning Transformers voice actor on WFC...I dunno, that sounded a lot like Corey Burton's Shockwave to me... :-?

yeah i agree, but if its not him then give the new guy a medal!. . .now! :-x
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080702)
Posted by Heavy B on June 1st, 2010 @ 5:32am CDT
why's starscream hating on the touch?
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080703)
Posted by Tekka on June 1st, 2010 @ 5:35am CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:why's starscream hating on the touch?
Probably because it's a cheesy, overused, Autobot anthem.
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080715)
Posted by Hairball178 on June 1st, 2010 @ 6:29am CDT
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080720)
Posted by Skyfire77 on June 1st, 2010 @ 6:43am CDT
Hairball178 wrote:It would've been awesome to hear Instruments of Destruction instead...IMO it's more appropriate since it's the Decepticon equivalent of The Touch.

Or "Cold Slither". :CON:

Maybe they lost the rights?
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080746)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 1st, 2010 @ 8:40am CDT
I want that cybertronian boombox Soundwave.
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080771)
Posted by Ravenous Nightwind on June 1st, 2010 @ 10:43am CDT
Lol I chuckled irl. Its funny how they used the original stuff. x3 :CON:
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080775)
Posted by DCybertron on June 1st, 2010 @ 11:02am CDT
ROFL.

I don't know how more I can say about this..
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080810)
Posted by Samsonator on June 1st, 2010 @ 12:07pm CDT
I thought the same thing. That's either Corey Burton of a damned good impersonator.
Re: War For Cybertron - GameStop Shockwave Commercial (1080861)
Posted by Chaotix12345 on June 1st, 2010 @ 1:43pm CDT
Samsonator wrote:
I also believe that it's Mr. Burton. Also, Starscream's voice sounds a lot like Sam Riegal, the voice of Donatello in the 2003 TMNT series. If so, he's an interesting choice.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop Transformers Grimlock #69 ECCC 2021 Emerald City Comic Con Presale" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the moon studio series barricade topspin road buster loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Super Megatron Takara Tomy Mall TT-GS09 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop! Transformers Grimlock #69 ECCC 2021 Emerald City Comic Con PRE ORDER" on EBAY
Buy "Ghostbusters - Transformers Generations Ectotron ECTO-1 with Comic (IN HAND)" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: Transformers VS. G.I. Joe - (GS Exclusive) Cobra Commander & Optimus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects War for Cybertron Deluxe Rotorstorm" on EBAY