Tuesday, June 1st, 2021 12:46pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Press Releases, Company News, Collectables
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 45,185

Thanks to Hasbro, we've been alerted to another Transformers Tuesday reveal from Hasbro! This reveal brings us another of the "Battle Across Time" subline from Transformers: Kingdom. This two-pack, a shared exclusive between Hasbro Pulse and Amazon, contains Maximal Skywarp, a head(s) retool and redeco of Kingdom Airazor, and Sideswipe, now in his Earth Lamborghini form.

Transformers News: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Kingdom Battle Across Time Collection Deluxe WFC-K42 Sideswipe and Maximal Skywarp

(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $44.99 / Available: November 1, 2021)

The Deluxe WFC-K42 SIDESWIPE and MAXIMAL SKYWARP Battle Across Time Collection includes a G1-inspired SIDESWIPE figure standing at 5.5 inches tall that converts from robot to sports car mode in 16 steps and a Beast Wars II-inspired MAXIMAL SKYWARP standing at 5.5 inches tall converts from robot to bald eagle mode in 22 steps. The figures come with a shoulder cannon, blaster and 2 Photon blaster accessories.

The Battle Across Time Collection allows fans to experience the clash between G1 and Beast Wars with MAXIMAL and AUTOBOT team-ups! With SCORPONOK in pursuit, SIDESWIPE and SKYWARP must team up to keep the DECEPTICON-PREDACON threat at bay. Each Battle Across Time pack features exclusive art that creates an epic battle scene when combined (each sold separately, subject to availability).

Beastify the battlefield! Worlds collide when the MAXIMALS and PREDACONS join the fight, coming together with the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS in an epic battle that will alter their destiny forever. Adult fans nostalgic for the original TRANSFORMERS animation and kids discovering classic characters for the first time can share and experience exciting play patterns for all generations. Available now for pre-order on Amazon.

So, Seibertronians, are you excited for this new two pack? Didn't pick up Siege Sideswipe, but can't pass up Lambo Sideswipe? Not impressed with Airazor but won't miss out on Skywarp? Let us know what your thoughts are below!

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106139)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on June 1st, 2021 @ 12:48pm CDT
The head sculpt on Skywarp looks awesome! Though it is a bit odd to see the eagle head on the chest and the feaux eagle head on his bot head

Sideswipe looks great too, love the paint job

That being said the set is close to $50 and I'm not attached to skywarp or sideswipe enough to get them. I'm happy with airrazor and deep cover. Solid set though!
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106140)
Posted by william-james88 on June 1st, 2021 @ 12:49pm CDT
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106141)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on June 1st, 2021 @ 12:49pm CDT
Also in the bio for the other set, they're taking on dinobot, starscream and waspinator. Solid threat

These guys are up against scorponok. And he is smol. And alone. Smolone. And he's not a "decepticon-predacon threat" unless this dude also has Titan scorpies spark in him or something
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106142)
Posted by Rtron on June 1st, 2021 @ 12:51pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:While I like this set, it looks really dumb that we see both the eagle heads one under the other in Skywarp's robot mode. Further proof that redeco for redecos sake should be put to bed.

I agree, but a lot of people seem to favor them.
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106143)
Posted by Munkky on June 1st, 2021 @ 12:53pm CDT

This set looks great! I had Magnaboss when I was a kid, but I wouldn't say I'm perticularly nostalgic for him, but Airazor has been one of my favourite moulds from Kingdom so far, and I think this Skywarp repaint has been done pretty well. Like Mirage, G1 Sideswipe has never been a character I've cared much about, but the Sideswipe in this set looks really nice, and I like it a lot more than the Siege version and its plethora of repaints. As much as I'm tempted to pre-order this set, I probably won't, because I don't know if either Sideswipe or Skywarp really have a place in my current collection set-up.
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106144)
Posted by o.supreme on June 1st, 2021 @ 12:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:To me, this will be Skywarp from the time set before he came to Gaia with Santon and forcibly turned Lio Junior into a Combiner with them against his will.

Link to the episode below with subs if anyone is interested

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106146)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 1st, 2021 @ 1:00pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Yeah something is off about the Price, even at the *less* expensive amount on Pulse of $47.99. There should be more than a 5 dollar price difference for a Voyager & Deluxe vs 2 Deluxes. This should be $44 at the MOST. It almost seems like there was supposed to be an added battlemaster, or some accessories (similar to the Siege sets) that got left out.

Not necessarily. Assuming the new pricing for deluxes at $22.99, then they are really only off by a dollar, not enough to make up for anything other than maybe blast effects. Also, previous Siege sets were also off by a dollar or 2. The Skywarp set was a voyager plus 3 battlemasters, sold for $50 and the individual parts made up $48 based on normal pricing.
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106147)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 1st, 2021 @ 1:01pm CDT
So this is weird....Pulse has the set for $47.99. Amazon for $52.99. But when I ordered from Amazon earlier, I got it for $44.99? I mean, I'll take it, I just wonder why the price changes. Also, why is Pulse offering it for less than the "exclusive" retailer is?
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106148)
Posted by Yodoswaginz on June 1st, 2021 @ 1:09pm CDT
Man I really wish they'd put Grimlock with Sideswipe instead of Mirage. If Sideswipe and Grimlock were together it would have been a definite buy, but the way it is I don't really want either sets. I have the original Magnaboss set, so I have no interest in owning Skywarp. Likewise Earthmode Mirage doesn't interest me given his fake kibble and the fact he can't shoulder his missile launcher.
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106149)
Posted by william-james88 on June 1st, 2021 @ 1:15pm CDT
So no nightprowler then?
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106150)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 1st, 2021 @ 1:15pm CDT
For anyone who can't order from Pulse, you can possibly get Amazon to price match. There is should be a link somewhere in the product info to report a lower price. You can report Pulse's price there and within a few days, Amazon may match the Pulse price. I did this with Kingdom wave 1 and 2 deluxes and Voyagers that Gamestop had priced cheaper.
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106151)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 1st, 2021 @ 1:21pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:So no nightprowler then?
Unless they surprise us with another set.

What were the original listings with Nightprowler and the other four? Who was with who before?
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106153)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 1st, 2021 @ 1:46pm CDT
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106154)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 1st, 2021 @ 1:56pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Was hoping Sideswipe would be blockier and more Countach-y... this is not that. All that seems to be different is the hood/torso. As nice as that is, it’s not enough for me to replace Siegeswipe. It’s a sad pass for me. Same with Mirage, and with the revelation he can’t mount his rocket launcher on his shoulder like the Siege one can, I ended up canceling my preorder for it and keeping my one.

The hood, the back of the legs, the back.... basically the entire car mode looks different.
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106156)
Posted by aronjlove on June 1st, 2021 @ 1:59pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:

Yeah, the front and back of the car look almost exactly like the Sunstreaker mold.
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106157)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 1st, 2021 @ 1:59pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:

I would have to see a comparison picture to judge fully (and those will be popping up on the net anytime now). Not being picky, I was okay with the Siege version as it looked more an earth car then a Cybertronian one. This may also be as far as Hasbro is willing to go to avoid certain...difficulties.
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106158)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 1st, 2021 @ 2:02pm CDT

Transformers War for Cybertron: SIEGE Sideswipe Gallery

The car shell is all new it looks like. Only thing truly missing is his spoiler.

Transformers War for Cybertron: SIEGE Sideswipe Gallery

The robot parts are the same, which makes sense to do so.
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106160)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 1st, 2021 @ 2:11pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:Because comparisons are best done with actual images instead of just from memory:

Transformers War for Cybertron: SIEGE Sideswipe Gallery

Transformers War for Cybertron: SIEGE Sideswipe Gallery

The robot parts are the same, which makes sense to do so.

Thanks Jelze!

So they have changed more but meh, I think sideswipe is fine as is.
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106161)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 1st, 2021 @ 2:22pm CDT
Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Skywarp and Earth-Mode Sideswipe Revealed (2106163)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 1st, 2021 @ 2:24pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, same here. It's nice, but not nice or different enough for me to double dip or even replace Siege Sideswipe.

That's probably why him and Earth Mode Mirage were made exclusives instead of main retail. Compared to the others, the retooling is... fairly minimal, to point they look so much alike any parent can go: "You already have that".

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron Earthrise Paradron Medic Lifeline - No Gun" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Grand Slam Raindance Slamdance" on EBAY
Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY