War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed

War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed

Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 11:11am CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 41,884

Details coming from Best Buy's order page provides the requirements for Transformers: War for Cybertron on the PC. The system requirements are as follows:

PC Processor Type
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4300 processor, AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 Dual Core 4000 processor

PC Processor Speed
2GHz

PC Operating System
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

PC System Memory
2GB RAM

PC Hard Drive Space
9GB

PC Video
256MB DirectX 9.0c-compatible NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or ATI Radeon X1900 video cards (excluding NVIDIA 8400 and Radeon HD2400, HD2600 and HD3450 video cards)

PC Sound Card
16-bit DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound cards

PC Drive Type and Speed
DVD-ROM 6x

To view Best Buy's order page, click here.

Transformers: War for Cybertron comes out on most major consoles June 22nd.

Credit(s): Best Buy

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 11:25am CDT

Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1078484)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 25th, 2010 @ 11:33am CDT
Woo hoo!

And I should be able to max it out at 720p (my TV's resolution).

I'd like to see what the recommended requirements are, but eh.
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1078500)
Posted by MrMunkeepants on May 25th, 2010 @ 12:33pm CDT
seeing the recommended specs would have been nice, but at least now we have a baseline.
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1078515)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 25th, 2010 @ 1:19pm CDT
Building me a new computer. :APPLAUSE: Already got it paid for too. :grin:

:KREMZEEK:
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1078560)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 25th, 2010 @ 3:15pm CDT
MrMunkeepants wrote:finally! but why is my video card always on the "excluding..." list? well, now I know what to upgrade to.

I have used ATi for the longest time, both integrated (X1200 in the laptop) and cards (Radeon X1300 PRO 256MB in a Dell desktop), and I decided to give Nvidia a chance in my new desktop.

Glad I did. I got quite a bit of power for the money. If you do go with Nvidia, I'd go with the GT series as your starting point and work your way up.

A 1 GB GT220 (the card I have) can be found for anywhere between $50-75.00 and it plays Batman Arkham Asylum quite well, with no lag. Left 4 Dead (and 2) can be maxed out without breaking a sweat, and doesn't require a huge power supply upgrade. (If at all. The stock PSU in my Compaq runs it just fine.)

So, it's not always an expensive endeavor to upgrade. It's a pain, but not always expensive. Some cards were going for $300-500!

I'm assuming the recommended settings for WFC shouldn't be extreme. It looks impressive, but I just don't think it's going to require a powerhouse to run it.

EDIT: BTW. Don't use integrated audio, if possible. Get a soundcard, because it will take a great deal of stress off of the memory and processor, which will help boost the power going to the game.

Also, check out GameBooster. It's a free download and it works.
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1078605)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 25th, 2010 @ 5:35pm CDT
Hmm, looks like I JUST meet those requirements. Eh, I prefer the consol versions anyhow.
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1078610)
Posted by Blurrz on May 25th, 2010 @ 5:54pm CDT

Not me.
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1078613)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 25th, 2010 @ 5:58pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:And... who's going to miss out playing this on a 50" Flat Screen with a Xbox 360?

Not me.

Computers can do the same. Now all I need is the 50" flat screen. lol
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087000)
Posted by Hom C. Tarkas on June 16th, 2010 @ 5:46pm CDT
Should an Intel Pentium 4 2.00 GHz work for this?
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087003)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 16th, 2010 @ 6:18pm CDT
Hom C. Tarkas wrote:Should an Intel Pentium 4 2.00 GHz work for this?

Go to this link: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri in IE 7 or 8 (doesn't work well with Firefox or Palemoon) and install the Java applet (it won't harm your computer, it's not malware or anything like that)

It will tell you whether or not your system is capable of running the game.

Now just because your computer's speeds match what they require, doesn't mean the specs of the components do.

There's SDRAM, DDR, DDR2, etc.

You must match not only the speeds, but the tech specs to make it run. This site will tell you.
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087012)
Posted by Shadowman on June 16th, 2010 @ 6:52pm CDT
Hom C. Tarkas wrote:Should an Intel Pentium 4 2.00 GHz work for this?

It depends, is your processor single-core or dual-core? (There were dual-cores in the Pentium 4 line if I'm not mistaken) If it's single-core, you don't meet the requirement. If it's dual-core, you MIGHT meet the requirement, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087018)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 16th, 2010 @ 6:59pm CDT
I have one minor off topic question, but Ive always wanted to know this.

For PC games do you use your keyboard or do you use a controller that connects to the computer?
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087057)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 16th, 2010 @ 8:34pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:I have one minor off topic question, but Ive always wanted to know this.

It depends on the person, really. Although, some games aren't made with controllers in mind.

Things like Left4Dead, Call Of Duty (I.E. first person shooters or FPS) they recommend WASD + Mouse and some people are really great at it.

I'm not one of them. I have to use the XBox 360 controller or I can't play the games. I've never been good with WASD.

Rocket Knight Adventures (available on Steam, and I recommend it, btw) says "For best results, a controller is recommended" or something to that effect.

If you're used to controllers like I am, then I recommend you stick with that. If you can work your way around the WASD + Mouse thing, go for it.
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087202)
Posted by Hom C. Tarkas on June 17th, 2010 @ 6:42am CDT
Shadowman wrote:
Hom C. Tarkas wrote:Should an Intel Pentium 4 2.00 GHz work for this?

Thanks. My CPU is single core, guess I'm going to have to save up.
:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM:
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087206)
Posted by sparty2304 on June 17th, 2010 @ 6:52am CDT
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087312)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 17th, 2010 @ 11:39am CDT
sparty2304 wrote:Does anyone understand the "excluding NVIDIA 8400"???? I have a 8400GS(its more then enough) WHY CANT I USE IT!

Click the link I posted earlier. If it passes you, then there's a good chance it'll run on your system. You need hardware lighting, shading, textures, etc. Most games require 2.0-3.0 If you have 3.0, and 512 mb of ram on the card, or more, it should work just fine.

Some of the cards they say no to, are budget or oem cards which have features stripped to make them affordable.
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087327)
Posted by sparty2304 on June 17th, 2010 @ 12:29pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

I did go to the link(thanks BTW) and everything Checks green then it says FAIL since its a 8400GS...I assume its due to the Shading, Textures, ect...since it did come with the PC...I just cant afford to upgrade and buy the game right now...
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087450)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 17th, 2010 @ 4:41pm CDT
sparty2304 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

Sorry to hear that man. :( Yeah, the shaders and the pixels are a huge problem.

People say "Well why not stick with console gaming then?" and to a certain extent, they're right.

But there is a huge upside to PC gaming.

1.) Online servers can remain online almost indefinitely, while I've heard some console games no longer have internet connectivity.

2.) One video card upgrade of $100-150.00 can last you a good, long while. (You might not always be able to max out the newest games, but you should be able to play them with respectable graphics)

3.) Downloadable content, homebrew levels, things of that nature. (Console games might let you download a special character or a special level that's officially made, but that's it. Some of the homebrew stuff is really top notch. For example: Left4Dead has a new fanmade campaign called "I Hate Mountains" and it looks just as professional as any of Valve's levels. In some ways, more so.)

PC gaming can be expensive, I won't lie. Plus, it's easier to just turn on your TV and your console and just play, but there are so many things you can do with the PC, and we usually end up needing an upgrade in about 2-3 years anyhow, so it kinda helps to keep you current too.

I've done both console and PC gaming, and I still own a Wii, and I can honestly say that I'm glad I made the switch to PC.
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087573)
Posted by sparty2304 on June 17th, 2010 @ 10:25pm CDT
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087575)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 17th, 2010 @ 10:32pm CDT
sparty2304 wrote:I have a 360 and a Wii but I really wanted this for the PC for just the reasons you stated...plus I have a few friends I play with on the PC who are not Transformers fans but were willing to let me try it and see if it were worth adding to our list of games we play...they dont all have 360s.

Speaking of 360s, that reminds me...

Unlike a console (I'm looking at you, 360), when one component goes, it doesn't automatically mean the entire unit goes with it, on a PC.

You can replace the processor, the memory, video card, all at separate times, instead of your entire computer "taking the piss" as they say.

A 360 just wills itself to death. It's just a matter of time.
Re: War for Cybertron: Minimum System Requirements Revealed (1087611)
Posted by sparty2304 on June 18th, 2010 @ 1:39am CDT
Thank you for making that point...I forgot the other reason is my 360 is starting to freeze during game play....I think its my HDD but I dont want to buy a new one to find out...STOP MAKING A POINT FOR ME TO BUY A NEW VIDEO CARD!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters HUN-GURRR & TwinStrike Cyberverse Abominus Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Cryotek Complete Ultra RID Universe Transformers Robots in Disguise 2001 2002" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY