War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed!

Transformers News: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed!

Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 1:01AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Game News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 58,527

It's the images we've all been waiting patiently for, War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron! Thanks to the folks at UGO, they've got the exclusive scoop on the two Transformer Leaders. Both figures are Deluxe sized, and take the form of Cybertronian styled vehicles - Optimus is the truck we all know of but also acts as a tank. Megatron is a hovering tank! You can check out both of the toys below.

War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed!
War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed!
War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed!
War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed!
War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed!

You can find the original article at UGO here.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): UGO
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040842)
Posted by decepticonblitz77 on January 27th, 2010 @ 1:05am CST
scout class? deluxe class? optimus is win, megatrons alt looks like animated megs, his bot mode is painfully whack though
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040843)
Posted by Mkall on January 27th, 2010 @ 1:05am CST
Prime is Awesome.

Megatron is... different...
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040844)
Posted by omega666 on January 27th, 2010 @ 1:07am CST
Too Animaty. Prime's bot mode looks cool though. Will get these.
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040849)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on January 27th, 2010 @ 1:14am CST
I like both. Not a huge fan of Megs' would-be-called "hands", but I still like him. Prime looks nice. I'd like to see Soundwave revealed.
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040851)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on January 27th, 2010 @ 1:18am CST
I'm very pleased OP is in the darker colors, the bright Test shot we've been looking at wasn't sitting well.
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040853)
Posted by Cryo Prime on January 27th, 2010 @ 1:28am CST
it looks like Megs has a second half to his hands that weren't folded out, could be wrong but otherwise his hands look way to small. loving Optimus tough
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040854)
Posted by Seibertron on January 27th, 2010 @ 1:31am CST
Prime looks great. Not a big fan of this version of Megatron design yet, but the toy is faithful to the video game.

Hope I get to take pics of these toys in person at Toy Fair in a few weeks to share with all of you.
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040856)
Posted by Mach on January 27th, 2010 @ 1:41am CST
Blurrz wrote:

Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040857)
Posted by Blurrz on January 27th, 2010 @ 1:41am CST
[color=darkgreen]I didn't really need these pictures to confirm my status on WFC. The toys homage the Dark Days of Cybertron.. that's something, as a TransFan and Collector, something you can't miss out on. Onto the toys.

Prime - That Robot Mode is so solid. Looks really bulk, and that just awesome for a Commander. The vehicle mode is totally WW, can't miss out on that right there...

Megatron - ROTF Ravage? Nah, I think the BMFG makes up for everything that the Robot Mode isn't doing right. [/color]
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040858)
Posted by Editor on January 27th, 2010 @ 1:42am CST
I like the design for prime and megs is interesting enough, but offhand I don't foresee these being part of my collection at this point.

hey less money i'm giving to Hasbro is more that I have to give to Fansproject.
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040859)
Posted by I_AM... MEGATRON! on January 27th, 2010 @ 1:59am CST
These look nice! And is it just me, or does Meg's hands look mistransformed???
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040874)
Posted by MrMunkeepants on January 27th, 2010 @ 2:11am CST
I like Megatron's cannon, it looks appropriately bad-ass... that said, the figures look chunky like Titanium line bots. so many games are getting awesome figures these days, even new characters get decent detail and paint apps - yet all our beloved characters get for WfC are some deluxes? I don't see these standing up with Halo or Gears of War figures, the exact gamer demographic the game is aimed at. whoever said Voyager would have been better, I agree. I'll wait to see more pics, but I'll probably pass.
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040885)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on January 27th, 2010 @ 2:18am CST
Not so crazy about Megatron hands or vehicle mode but I do like his robot form. Prime looks cool!
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040902)
Posted by Exic on January 27th, 2010 @ 2:28am CST
i want the optimus prime! so cool
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040905)
Posted by Mechabreaker on January 27th, 2010 @ 2:42am CST
I really like that Optimus Prime figure! This toy line is already starting to look really cool!
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040906)
Posted by Craven Knight on January 27th, 2010 @ 2:44am CST
I find these to be painfully uninspired.
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040907)
Posted by Savage on January 27th, 2010 @ 2:50am CST
Aside from the mistransformations (Prime's leg not being fully extended, and his backpack looks like it needs to be snapped into place somehow, but i could be wrong, and Megatron's hands definitely appear to have some more transforming that hasnt been done) these look pretty good.

The head sculpt on Prime looks fantastic.

I'll be picking these up for sure.

Are those ARTICULATED FINGERS on Prime?? I smell Voyager Class or higher.
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040908)
Posted by Venomous Prime on January 27th, 2010 @ 2:52am CST
Real Devastator wrote:Optimus has one leg shorter than the other..... Transform properly before photoshooting.....

I don't think its transformed wrong, I think its just a weird perspective because one leg is posed differently. They look the same length, just posed different.

and, why is Prime's gun bent to the left? It's like curved
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040911)
Posted by Death-Shed on January 27th, 2010 @ 2:57am CST
I kind of like Primes alt mode...looks like a 1950's concept car.
Re: War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toys Revealed! (1040915)
Posted by Abraxsis on January 27th, 2010 @ 3:14am CST
Prime looks decent, decent enough that i may actually consider buying it, but Megs just looks aweful. Maybe it's transformed wrong in bot mode, but it just looks like junk. Same for it's alt mode, crap.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Beast Fire Predaking Beast Hunters Predacons Rising - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 51 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Movie 5 Deluxe Class Berserker Slash Barricade Bumblebee Set of 4 - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 52 minutes 39 seconds
SDCC 2016 Exclusive set GIJOE and the Transformers Powerglide & Soundwave - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 57 minutes 9 seconds
SDCC 2012 Exclusive Set GIJOE Transformers - Destro & Shockwave HISS Tank - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 57 minutes
Transformers RID 20th Anniversary DVD Edition G1 Optimus Prime - dated 2006 - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 56 minutes 57 seconds
Kaiyodo Legacy of Revoltech LR-008 Convoy Optimus Prime Transformers Japan - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 9 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Autobot Teslor & Brainstorm Walgreens Exclusive MOSC - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 12 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Optimus Prime 100% Complete + Box - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 33 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem