Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year!

Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year!

Tuesday, June 26th, 2007 9:06am CDT

Categories: Site News, Event News, Site Articles
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 28,551

We came. We changed. We conquered. Or, at least I hope so.

Most of you seem very thrilled with the all new layout for Seibertron.com. This new design has been a work in progress since February. My good friend, staff member and fellow Chicagoan, Paul (aka Starscream), suggested to me that he could come up with a pretty kick ass design for the site (Paul is a professional graphic artist in the music industry). Four months later, after much discussion, instructions and plain out hard work on both of our behalves (probably around 100 hours total), we can now enjoy a slick, cool looking design just in time for ... Seibertron.com's 7 year anniversary on June 26th???

You thought I was going to say "... just in time for BotCon and the release of a little movie we've all been losing sleep over.", didn't you? When I heard last fall that BotCon was going to be moved to the week of June 24th, I was thrilled that they had planned an entire convention right around the time of Seibertron.com's 7 year anniversary, not to mention that many of us around the world would get to see the movie this week. This is the first time that I'll get to celebrate the site's anniversary with so many other Seibertronians. How very exciting indeed.

As I mentioned above, my buddy Paul had worked very hard on this design. He presented a very challenging design which challenged my programming and HTML layout and design skills immensely. I loved every frustrating moment of it. Paul accomplished exactly what I had hoped he would: break the mold, my friend, break the mold. Aside from aesthetics, Seibertron.com has more or less used the same front page design for almost 6 years. While the current design definitely has some resemblances, it is most definitely different than any of the designs I had been creating and/or "borrowing" since 2001. Paul, I owe you some beers at BotCon my friend.

I had originally sought out to write a very long winded message but I think I've pretty much said everything that needs to be said. BotCon is this week. Many of us get to see the movie this week. The new design launches on Seibertron.com. Today is the site's 7 year anniversary. If there was ever a time to celebrate being a fan of the legendary Transformers .... this is most certainly that week.

Thank you for all of your support guys. It's been an incredible past 7 years ... here's to the next 7!

Enjoy the moment my friends! This time is ours.

Your friendly neighborhood website slinging webmaster,
Ryan

This article was last modified on Wednesday, June 27th, 2007 5:23am CDT

Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184529)
Posted by Sunstar on June 26th, 2007 @ 9:22am CDT
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184550)
Posted by Seibertron on June 26th, 2007 @ 9:30am CDT
Sunstar wrote:The PNG transparanies are not coming out transparent. It is a nice desgin but it might be better is it worked or even if I can be advised how to get it to work on my system.

IE6 doesn't support PNG transparency. You need to upgrade to IE7 or use Firefox or Safari. The current generation of browsers supports PNG transparency.
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184568)
Posted by Prowl76 on June 26th, 2007 @ 9:38am CDT
Great job Ryan. Keep up the good work. Congrats Seiberton on 7 years.
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184570)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 26th, 2007 @ 9:39am CDT
7 years and a new layout.. Booyah!
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184571)
Posted by Milanion on June 26th, 2007 @ 9:40am CDT
Congrats on 7 years.
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184577)
Posted by General Magnus on June 26th, 2007 @ 9:43am CDT
Some wants to say something...
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184612)
Posted by Galaxy_Convoy on June 26th, 2007 @ 10:01am CDT
A wonderful change for such a glorious occasion! Heres to all the wonderful time we've spent here, along with high hopes of the years to come.

Let this upgrade stand as a beacon to the turning point in the 20 years of Transformers history. What we've learned, gained and lost upon getting here, along with what we have to look forward to. We are Seibertron.com. We are the ultimate Transformer resource. Stand proud my fellow members and show it!

(On another note, I do realize this does sound like one of those corny Optimus or Rodimus speeches, so just bare with it, I only give these kind of posts once in a blue moon.)
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184616)
Posted by Vanguard on June 26th, 2007 @ 10:02am CDT
Nice job Ryan and Happy Birthday Seibertron!
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184626)
Posted by Bad Wolf on June 26th, 2007 @ 10:07am CDT
ok i corrected the script
// correctly handle PNG transparency in Win IE 5.5 or higher.
{
for(var i=0; i"
img.outerHTML = strNewHTML
i = i-1
}
}
}
window.attachEvent("onload", correctPNG);

host then add the .js file to your site/page/ etc ..
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184650)
Posted by Master Shake on June 26th, 2007 @ 10:21am CDT
Best. Layout. EVAR. :grin:
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184654)
Posted by Down_Shift on June 26th, 2007 @ 10:27am CDT
Site looks great boss. Keep it up!
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184674)
Posted by Autobobby1 on June 26th, 2007 @ 10:40am CDT
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184691)
Posted by Seibertron on June 26th, 2007 @ 10:53am CDT
Autobobby1 wrote:Happy birthday to our community! But was the site also redesigned because of the massive wave of new fans starting next week?

Yep ... that was really the big motivation behind the change. I wanted to have something new and exciting posted for the world to see by the time the movie came out. Getting it up in time for BotCon and the site's anniversary was just the frosting on the cake. :D
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184695)
Posted by First-Aid on June 26th, 2007 @ 10:55am CDT

I'll never forget the anniversary date for the site now: it's my birthday too...heh heh. Except I'm a little older than the site...okay, a LOT older...
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184700)
Posted by TheMuffin on June 26th, 2007 @ 11:00am CDT
First-Aid wrote:Happy Anniversary Ryan! This is, IMHO, the best resource on the web for the bots we love. I would by you a drink if you drank...

Trust me on this. The man drinks. lol
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184702)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 26th, 2007 @ 11:01am CDT
I like the fact that its all new and shiny but at the same time its totally familiar.

Great job.
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184712)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 26th, 2007 @ 11:10am CDT
Wow has it really be 7 years?
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184735)
Posted by Galvatronus on June 26th, 2007 @ 11:26am CDT
7 years. Congrats Ryan. I've been here for 4 of those years. Even though I come and go I always find myself here and always find myself more at home here then any other forum on the net.
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184743)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 26th, 2007 @ 11:32am CDT
I used to frequent the site back in 2001

I would of joined the message boards back then but it in its "old west" days it looked to me like you were bullied until I learned those were spammers who caused trouble :P
Re: Welcome to your planet. Welcome to Seibertron.com. Welcome to our 7th year! (184748)
Posted by jonusjaxon on June 26th, 2007 @ 11:34am CDT
I'm an honest guy so I gotta be honest. I like the old layout, but it seems a lot of work went into the new one. So, it's cool.

Thanks for being here. You have the best TF site on the web.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY