Sunday, February 10th, 2019 8:53pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 37,770

Wonder Festival 2019 Winter has kicked off to an awe-inspiring start, as TakaraTomy’s booth has provided us with several reveals from several toylines. Most mysterious are two reveals from an ‘unknown series’, Convoy A (presumably Armada Optimus Prime) and Convoy S (Star Convoy)! Courtesy of Chohenken on Twitter, these intriguing figures seem to not be bound to any toyline as of now, though it can be assumed these newcomers belong to Transformers Legends.

Star Convoy appears to be a decent retooling of Power of the Primes Leader Optimus Prime, so make of that what you will. Armada Prime, on the other hand, appears to be a brand new mold based on the original Armada Prime.

Update: We have some more pics courtesy of the Snakas Blog which show that Armada Optimus Prime will combine to have a super mode, since we see fists in the back of his legs. We also get a better idea of the inner Prime for Star Convoy which seems to be simply G1 Convoy/Optimus Prime.

Transformers News: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick

Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009566)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on February 10th, 2019 @ 9:00pm CST
Alright, definitely time to start saving for that Armada Prime. Confirmation of a super mode was all I needed to decide that this should be my definitive Armada Prime
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009578)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 10th, 2019 @ 10:30pm CST
Ohhhhhhhh mama...
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009581)
Posted by Gzstg on February 10th, 2019 @ 10:53pm CST
I have no special attachment to Star Convoy but Armada was my first Transformers series and what got me into Transformers. I am glad to see a updated version of my favorite character and hope that they make a few more characters from the Unicron Trilogy.
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009593)
Posted by Dominus Prime on February 11th, 2019 @ 12:44am CST
Armada Prime is a must. I'm really happy with what HAS/TAK has been doing lately. I would love to see Unicron redone and a definitive Alpha Trion for siege
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009618)
Posted by Big Grim on February 11th, 2019 @ 7:02am CST
Excuse my ignorance but what line is this Star Convoy and Armada Prime from?
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009619)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 11th, 2019 @ 7:06am CST
Big Grim wrote:Excuse my ignorance but what line is this Star Convoy and Armada Prime from?

We don't know as of yet, I believe; most are assuming that they are going to be legends line exclusives, so LGEX; but I don't know if they had sign cards for the figures there

Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009623)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on February 11th, 2019 @ 7:49am CST
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009625)
Posted by william-james88 on February 11th, 2019 @ 8:07am CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:I'd like to see Star Convoy's vehicle mode. I keep looking at that robot mode and I don't see some of the parts from the G1 toy I have, like the treads on the trailer, Unless of course I'm thinking of the wrong convoy.

You're thinking of the right one, but your right I dont see the treads and i had forgotten of them until now.
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009629)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on February 11th, 2019 @ 8:23am CST
The last thing I ever expected was for my fave OP toy to be getting a new version, I couldn’t be happier. I’m wondering if there’s a trailer for him we have yet to see, or if he’s just meant to combine with his original toy’s trailer :-? Curious and curiouser
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009638)
Posted by ScottyP on February 11th, 2019 @ 8:44am CST
I'd be ok with it if there is no Super Mode trailer for Armada OP, but only if it means that there's also a new Jetfire to combine it with. That'd be a dream.
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009642)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 11th, 2019 @ 8:51am CST
Armada was my favorite of the Unicron trilogy and one of my favorite TF shows. that Armada Prime is a must-buy. Star Convoy looks cool, but I have no real attachment to him. If I can get him, then cool. If not, ah well.
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009651)
Posted by Kyleor on February 11th, 2019 @ 9:55am CST

Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009652)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on February 11th, 2019 @ 10:05am CST
Kyleor wrote:Fingers crossed there will be a new version of Overload to go with new Armada Optimus. Or maybe a Siege version of Overload.

We we get into all the items that could go with the Armada Prime, I wonder if they considered all that when they decided to make him.

I do hope they get rid of the gill mask in super mode though. I remember at bot con one year at a panel where one of the guys too credit for creating it, then apologized for it's design.
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009654)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 11th, 2019 @ 10:20am CST
I never minded the grill mask. :D

Anyway, yeah. I want a Jetfire and Overload that can combine with him. Hell, a Jetfire that can combine with him and the trailer, if he comes with one. The whole hog this time!
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009681)
Posted by Epsilon Delta on February 11th, 2019 @ 12:26pm CST
Those two Primes really look amazing. Can't wait to see the finished products.
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009684)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 11th, 2019 @ 12:35pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:Unless you were asking what lines they originally came from, then armada prime comes from armada/micron legend and star convoy comes from a japan only sub line of G1, but I don't know which one specifically

Star Convoy is from "Return of Convoy," appropriately enough.
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009686)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on February 11th, 2019 @ 12:49pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Star Convoy is from "Return of Convoy," appropriately enough.

So there is an actually bit of animation to go with it or was that just the name of the Japanese Toy Line?
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009688)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 11th, 2019 @ 12:58pm CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Star Convoy is from "Return of Convoy," appropriately enough.

Zone was the last piece of JG1 animation. Return of Convoy had only a series of story pages (whose art was drawn in the same style as the JG1 cartoons, though) and one manga chapter.
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009708)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 11th, 2019 @ 2:33pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

As on the original PotP toy the wheels of the trailer are hidden by the folding panels. Speaking of which, the retooling done on the trailer is less severe than first imagined:

- Lower legs (where the wheels are), but not the feet
- The pelvis and abdomen
- The tops of the shoulders
Re: Additional Images of New Star Convoy and Armada Optimus Prime Confirming Combination Gimmick (2009719)
Posted by Gzstg on February 11th, 2019 @ 3:26pm CST
I saw some pictures and both Star Convoy and Armada Prime only had a 35th anniversary logo on them.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 AUTOBOT RATCHET Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers - Devastator Scrapper Payloader - Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Scrapper 1984" on EBAY