Transformers News: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire

Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 12:49PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Interviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 26,168

A video from unicron.com surfaced on Facebook with John Warden talking about the new Jetfire and Omega Supreme toys done by him and his team. The big takeaway from it was the fact that both feature backwards compatibility with the previous toyline trilogy John Warden worked on, Prime Wars.

Omega Supreme has ports on his track which are compatible with the bases in Titans return including of course the other Titans Trypticon and Fortress Maximus. This is so that fans and kids can build their own massive citis with the huge bases. You can see those connecting ports on the image below.

These are just fun Easter Egg type features that will not be documented since they are meant as a bonus to fans who already have figures from prevous lines. If you don't have those previously released figures, don't worry there is a lot to enjoy from these fgures which each have their own special features.

Another point regarding Omega Supreme, John Warden did confirm that his bot mode is meant to scale with Devastator.

Transformers News: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Gimmicks Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire
Credit(s): unicron

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011461)
Posted by o.supreme on February 19th, 2019 @ 12:57pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Let us know if any of this info makes you happy and if you feel Hasbro is taking things up a notch with their Transformers toys.

So I'll take this opportunity to give Hasbro some much do appreciation and respect. Well Done. ;)^ I know I've been critical, and I'll continue to call out things I feel are glaring omissions and missteps, but I'll try to do better to give props when do. This is about the best outcome one could imagine. I fully intended to make Siege Omega Supreme fit within my giant city network, prior to this announcement, but this just makes it all the more satisfactory. Also I fully intended on getting Jetfire, since I never got the T30 one, and this one is actually (seemingly) better...The TM/PM BWC wasn't necessary, but is certainly welcome. These little things definitely do push the RIGHT kind of buttons with and old fuddy-duddy like myself. 8-)
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011462)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on February 19th, 2019 @ 1:22pm CST
o.supreme wrote:

At least titanmaster brawn will be scaled to Jetfire’s jet mode lol
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011466)
Posted by Randomhero on February 19th, 2019 @ 1:55pm CST
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011467)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 19th, 2019 @ 2:00pm CST
Well played Hasbro. First with Skytread, now Jetfire and Omega. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011471)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 19th, 2019 @ 2:15pm CST
From @FakeEyes22 --

Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011472)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2019 @ 2:18pm CST
Randomhero wrote:The biggest takeaway I took from this is...unicron.com is still around? That was the first transformers site I discovered back 97
Yup - http://www.unicron.com/

I'm technically still a member of their news team, but I rarely makes posts there anymore since the majority of the news-posting switched to the Unicron.com Facebook (I'll still post things like RoboCon coverage, though).
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011479)
Posted by Skritz on February 19th, 2019 @ 3:52pm CST
I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire...

DAMN IT I WANT THAT! :lol:
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011483)
Posted by Overcracker on February 19th, 2019 @ 4:53pm CST
That´s nice and all, but John Warden dropped the ball. No crotch hatch on Jetfire to recreate that iconic scene from the G1 cartoon is just a slap on fans faces. #notbuyinganything. [-(

I’m kidding of course. Its a great way of keeping play patterns from older lines. I’ll have Ginrai fly Skyfire around. :-D :DANCE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011485)
Posted by Emerje on February 19th, 2019 @ 5:27pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:I feel like all the threads are fragmenting all over the place with the NYTF coverage... but has anyone actually *seen* pre-orders for Brunt/Reflector/Refractor? I can't seem to spot any if there are.... not on Amazon, BBTS, EntertainmentEarth, TFSource… etc... and it's driving me nuts.

No, there are some serious gaps in the pre-orders for both Siege and Studio Series. For Siege, no sign of pre-orders for Brunt, Refractor and presuming Barricade in wave 4, and no sign of the micromasters at all past wave 2. For Studio Series, the first 3 constructions are missing from pre-orders, while later numbers in the series do have pre-orders.

Basically Hasbro jumped the gun in the excitement of all the new "announcements" and put wave 4 up (minus one secret figure, likely Barricade) ahead of wave 3. Although as of yesterday Entertainment Earth was taking orders for wave 3 Deluxe cases, but they're no longer listed.

I'm also seriously wondering whether the rumored Leader Astrotrain was some bad info. It is weird that we heard absolutely nothing about him. The rumor was from something found on Walmarts site, right? Isn't Walmart also going to have the G1 re-release for Astrotrain? Could that have been the mix-up?

It was found in Walmart computers, but the codes matched other Siege Leaders. If it's real it wont be released until the end of the year so they're just holding it and Barricade for later, probably SDCC.

Reissue Astrotrain isn't coming until 2020 and we only just had the poll so I doubt it's in their computers yet.

Emerje
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011486)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 19th, 2019 @ 5:41pm CST
Emerje wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Emerje

Perhaps wave 4 is pioneering the individual figure ordering system?
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011494)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on February 19th, 2019 @ 6:36pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Emerje

Perhaps wave 4 is pioneering the individual figure ordering system?

Maybe? I know siege in general is the first time Target had DCPI numbers for each figure.... so I think it may have started with wave one.
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011517)
Posted by Rysquad on February 19th, 2019 @ 10:22pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Jetfire also has backwards compatibility but with Prime Masters and Titan Masters. Both of those smaller kinds of bots can sit in Jetfire's cockpit.

As a line, Titans Return is my favorite and this makes Jetfire a must.

:BOWDOWN:

;)^ ;)^ ;)^
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011531)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 20th, 2019 @ 5:58am CST
Someone dropped their tape-recorder.

More in-hand pix of SIEGE Soundwave & Starscream --

Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011532)
Posted by Jtprime17 on February 20th, 2019 @ 6:10am CST
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011534)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on February 20th, 2019 @ 6:15am CST

Hm... That's interesting that Apeface might be getting a new voyager. Maybe as an online exclusive like Greenlight?
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011535)
Posted by Jtprime17 on February 20th, 2019 @ 6:17am CST
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011536)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on February 20th, 2019 @ 6:20am CST
If we're getting a new Voyager Apeface, that means a new Snapdragon can't be far behind. They're the only two guys in that subgroup.
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011537)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 20th, 2019 @ 6:20am CST
Cyberpath wrote:Someone dropped their tape-recorder.

More in-hand pix of SIEGE Soundwave & Starscream --

The first time I saw this yesterday, tape mode wasn't bad, but it wasn't great since the legs didn't seem to sit flush with the body to make a decent tape deck. Now, it looks great, because the legs look like they can sit flush, so that's awesome. A triple changing Soundwave is superior :michaelbay:
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011538)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on February 20th, 2019 @ 6:20am CST
Jtprime17 wrote:My guess he's in a regular retail assortment. Southernhobby put up preorders for a wave 4 and 5 case assortment of voyagers around the same time they put astrotrain up, but they quickly took the listings down.

Oh wow. Well, here's hoping that means Snapdragon gets a new listing soon
Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire (2011540)
Posted by Albatross250 on February 20th, 2019 @ 7:02am CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Someone dropped their tape-recorder.

More in-hand pix of SIEGE Soundwave & Starscream --

TAPE DECK SUPERIOR, HOVERCRAFT INFERIOR. :CON: :RUBSIGN:

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Transformers G2 BUMBLEBEE Complete Generations Two Gold Minibot 1994" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon  Voyager Class Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Gnaw Mace Mash Action Figure Power of the Spark Cyberverse Shark" on EBAY
Buy "MPM 7 CUSTOM BUMBLEBEE transformers masterpiece movie loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations NIGHTBEAT autobot NEW SEALED w IDW COMIC BOOK" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 HASBRO Transformers GhostBusters Ecto-35 Optimus Prime & Ectotron #4" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 HASBRO Transformers GhostBusters Ecto-35 Optimus Prime & Ectotron #3" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 HASBRO Transformers GhostBusters Ecto-35 Optimus Prime & Ectotron #2" on EBAY