Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website

Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website

Thursday, July 2nd, 2015 12:59am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 30,406

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

For a while there, it seemed like everyone but Walmart was getting Combiner Wars Devastator, but that's about to change! Walmart's website has Devastator listed...but there's a catch, one that is a bit confusing, seeing as it's only on their mobile website via the smartphone app and not the actual .com, currently. (If anyone reading this knows of a method to make it work with the actual website, please contact the news staff asap so we can correct this and link people to it. Thank you in advance.)

With the news that even Target had posted a solicitation for the upcoming green and purple behemoth, I'm guessing that if you're anything like me, you were wondering when Walmart might post it, so on a whim I decided to scan the UPC with the Android app and sure enough it popped up on my screen. (The images are mirrored below.) Problem is, no matter how you search for it, either by name or the Walmart number, it just will not show up on the .com website. I'm sure that will change as we come closer to the release date, which is anywhere between July 29th (according to TRU) and August 1st according to Entertainment Earth and Amazon.

Until then, check out the mobile app's listing for the Constructicon set, as well as a price confirmation of $149.96

Transformers News: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Wal*Mart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website

Transformers News: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Wal*Mart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website

Transformers News: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Wal*Mart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website

Transformers News: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Wal*Mart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Credit(s): Walmart


This article was last modified on Thursday, July 2nd, 2015 12:59am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705318)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 2nd, 2015 @ 1:11am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:All the known changes made to Takara Devastator compared to Hasbro's retail version:

:shock: I'm caving under the pressure of resisting TT's Devastator. It's almost painful now, knowing all of these changes exist;

On an somewhat unrelated note, does anybody know what the point conversion is for sites like tfsource? is it 1 point = $1? Figure if I can't go through the likes of amiami, I might as well get a ton of points from this behemoth.
put it this way how much extra are you willing to pay for all the extra stuff saberblade listed and how much is takara.tommy's version over hasbro's ?

Well, it was more like I wasn't going to get any at all, and deal with not getting one. But I think I am gonna have to pick up TT's :HEADHURTS:
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705319)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on July 2nd, 2015 @ 1:19am CDT
I don't think I could ever order from Walmart again. I ordered a PS3 from them and they shipped it to me in a box twice its size without bothering to pad it out at all. The thing was just rattling around in there.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705330)
Posted by Burn on July 2nd, 2015 @ 3:06am CDT
:twisted:
20150702_175913.jpg
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705332)
Posted by prjkt on July 2nd, 2015 @ 4:08am CDT
Enjoy my northern countryman
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705340)
Posted by brokenchopstick on July 2nd, 2015 @ 4:50am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:All the known changes made to Takara Devastator compared to Hasbro's retail version:

:shock: I'm caving under the pressure of resisting TT's Devastator. It's almost painful now, knowing all of these changes exist;

On an somewhat unrelated note, does anybody know what the point conversion is for sites like tfsource? is it 1 point = $1? Figure if I can't go through the likes of amiami, I might as well get a ton of points from this behemoth.
put it this way how much extra are you willing to pay for all the extra stuff saberblade listed and how much is takara.tommy's version over hasbro's ?

Well, it was more like I wasn't going to get any at all, and deal with not getting one. But I think I am gonna have to pick up TT's :HEADHURTS:


TT does seem like such a leap in quality, but without knowing the price - and whether or not I'd be able to get my hands on one - I'm still going to go with the Hasbro version for now.

(Maybe I'll just keep it mint in box and, should I be able to get hold of a TT Devy, just sell the Hasbrostator on?)
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705348)
Posted by noctorro on July 2nd, 2015 @ 5:48am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:All the known changes made to Takara Devastator compared to Hasbro's retail version:


No, just NO!
Why is Takara making such great adjustments to the mold?
No I have to wait for that, and I was eager to get Devastator asap.
This is major reltooling, but they went crazy with the extra combiner figures, especially Groove.
Why aren't Hasbro & Takara on the same page?
Is anyone still getting the SDCC version at all?
Elbow joints, other weapons, it's a big deal.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705354)
Posted by mlwarren0 on July 2nd, 2015 @ 6:38am CDT
Big Bad Toy Store has pre-orders up for Takara's version.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705356)
Posted by It Is Him on July 2nd, 2015 @ 6:48am CDT
mlwarren0 wrote:Big Bad Toy Store has pre-orders up for Takara's version.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail


Nice! That's way cheaper than I would expect.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705360)
Posted by Burn on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:02am CDT
I have to say, this is an incredibly well engineered figure/figures.

When I first broke them out of the box my first thought was "damn these seem like upscaled KO's". Simply because of their size.

But then I got to transforming them. A couple are simplistic, others require a bit more work. But all that is because of how things come together.

Scrapper and Mixmaster connections to Long Haul is rather simplistic, basically just plug them in.

Connecting Hook to Long Haul requires lining up and plugging in five different points. Suffice to say, they hold well together.

Bonecrusher and Scavenger are just one point connections, solid connections though.

The hardest part I found though was the chest shield as this plugs into Bonecrusher and Scavengers treads, two points on Hook and two clips onto Long Haul.

Whichever version you go with, be it as soon as you can ... paint apps, or knees and elbows, you really won't be disappointed. They've done a fantastic job with the Constructicons.

Now my problem is ... for the first time in years I actually have a reason to contribute to the End of Year Round-Up, and it's going to be hard to decide between Ultra Magnus and Devastator.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705365)
Posted by william-james88 on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:11am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:All the known changes made to Takara Devastator compared to Hasbro's retail version:


Stop it already Sabr! I'm already in love with this :x , the pre order wait makes it even more difficult :lol: !


Now here is the big question, it is worth the newly revealed 224.99 price tag?

Because to me, it isn't, at all. It's the superior version sure, but 75$ for a bit of paint, a new head, some guns and a better joints is a bit much. And you all know the shipping will be a pain in the ass. If it is anywhere close to that when amiami or hlj comes around to posting their preorders, I will just wait for a discount on the hasbro version and call it a day.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705367)
Posted by It Is Him on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:16am CDT
By the way, BigBad sent out an e-mail yesterday saying that Hasbro Devastator will arrive there in 7-10 business days.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705369)
Posted by Moosey on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:21am CDT
Burn wrote:I have to say, this is an incredibly well engineered figure/figures.

When I first broke them out of the box my first thought was "damn these seem like upscaled KO's". Simply because of their size.

But then I got to transforming them. A couple are simplistic, others require a bit more work. But all that is because of how things come together.

Scrapper and Mixmaster connections to Long Haul is rather simplistic, basically just plug them in.

Connecting Hook to Long Haul requires lining up and plugging in five different points. Suffice to say, they hold well together.

Bonecrusher and Scavenger are just one point connections, solid connections though.

The hardest part I found though was the chest shield as this plugs into Bonecrusher and Scavengers treads, two points on Hook and two clips onto Long Haul.

Whichever version you go with, be it as soon as you can ... paint apps, or knees and elbows, you really won't be disappointed. They've done a fantastic job with the Constructicons.

Now my problem is ... for the first time in years I actually have a reason to contribute to the End of Year Round-Up, and it's going to be hard to decide between Ultra Magnus and Devastator.

Glad to hear that they are not disappointing!
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705370)
Posted by galvatron00 on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:21am CDT
Sweet merciful crap I don't know if I can do the $224.99 + shipping from BBTS. I figured shipping was gonna be $15 (dilusional!!). So $150-ish shipped for Hasbro, $180-ish shipped for SDCC, $240-ish shipped for Takara?! The "-ish" is accounting for tax/shipping. Wow. I guess I was figuring $10 more a figure vs. Hasbro. Not that it's a bad price, I'm just not sure I can swing that. I think I'm gonna go the Burn route and just buy this guy when I see him. He's amazing as is, the only time they'll be apart is in alt mode or in bot mode for a recreation of the shuttle massacre from TF:TM :)
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705372)
Posted by dragons on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Cobotron wrote:With Devastator, I don't even know what "G1 accurate" is. Sabrblade has put up like 400 screen grabs, and he's different in each one! :lol:
Well, I s'pose we could go to the source:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


So hasbro version is more screen accurate Takara have more detail with elbows I chose Takara for detail paint elbows I can live without on each single bot
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705374)
Posted by Burn on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:28am CDT
It Is Him wrote:By the way, BigBad sent out an e-mail yesterday saying that Hasbro Devastator will arrive there in 7-10 business days.

I still have one and you don'tttttttttttt
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705375)
Posted by It Is Him on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:30am CDT
Burn wrote:
It Is Him wrote:By the way, BigBad sent out an e-mail yesterday saying that Hasbro Devastator will arrive there in 7-10 business days.

I still have one and you don'tttttttttttt


It's... it's true... Image
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705377)
Posted by Burn on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:35am CDT
It Is Him wrote:
Burn wrote:
It Is Him wrote:By the way, BigBad sent out an e-mail yesterday saying that Hasbro Devastator will arrive there in 7-10 business days.

I still have one and you don'tttttttttttt


It's... it's true... Image


Your tears ... give me more! MOREEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705382)
Posted by It Is Him on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:54am CDT
Burn wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Burn wrote:
It Is Him wrote:By the way, BigBad sent out an e-mail yesterday saying that Hasbro Devastator will arrive there in 7-10 business days.

I still have one and you don'tttttttttttt


It's... it's true... Image


Your tears ... give me more! MOREEEEEEEE!!!!!!


NEEVER!Image
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705383)
Posted by brokenchopstick on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:56am CDT
Just to add a further option to complicate matters, Perfect Effect have two add-on kits for Devastator, "fixing" Mixmaster, adding elbow joints and much more:

Image

Image

The only think lacking is guns!

More photos at the link:
https://www.facebook.com/perfecteffect.pe
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Walmart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website (1705384)
Posted by galvatron00 on July 2nd, 2015 @ 8:01am CDT
brokenchopstick wrote:Just to add a further option to complicate matters, Perfect Effect have two add-on kits for Devastator, "fixing" Mixmaster, adding elbow joints and much more. The only think lacking is guns!

More photos at the link:
https://www.facebook.com/perfecteffect.pe
Thanks for the link brokenchopstick! OMG they are doing a Prowlstator head!!!!
Prowlstator01.JPG

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Titan Scorponok MISB in stock now" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon New In Box MISB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Generations TITANS RETURN Leader Class DECEPTICON OVERLORD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Combiner Wars - Scattershot Voyager Class - NEW NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot HOT ROD & Firedrive Deluxe Class - BRAND NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dinobot Adventures Dinobot Squad Grimlock Dinobot Snarl and Pred..." on EBAY
Buy "SLUG Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Dinobot Hasbro 2021 New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Unite Warriors UW-08 COMPUTRON w/ Perf. Effect Upgrade & Coll. Coin" on EBAY