Saturday, March 15th, 2008 7:33am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 17,884

Comic New I has descriptions for Transformers comics for the month of June including the end of the -ation- series in 4 Spotlight format highlighting Cyclonus Spotlight, and others including the Reign of Starscream Movie Sequel, Spotlight Wheelie and more!

To see the descriptions and some cover samples click here.

Previously, we have really only seen hints of interior line art about the Wheelie Spotlight but included here are two covers that seemingly lead to a couple of different Wheelie personalities.

As to what these images actually mean related to the story, we still do not know for sure, but it's hard to ignore the possibilities that they offer.

Credit(s): Comic New I

This article was last modified on Saturday, March 15th, 2008 7:55am CDT

Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (656636)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 15th, 2008 @ 7:49am CDT
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (656645)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 15th, 2008 @ 7:57am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:I think the covers want to tell us that Wheely will be a badass and not some kind of rhyming creep.

Except that they put him on the cover of a RAP album too...rhyming... 8)
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (656650)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 15th, 2008 @ 8:02am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:

Except that they put him on the cover of a RAP album too...rhyming... 8)

OK he's a Rhyming mother-slagger then!
And don't call him creep, unless you want
BEEF
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (656662)
Posted by Sunstar on March 15th, 2008 @ 8:18am CDT
I dislike rap. But the "decepticons" paradise" sounds like one I'd like (one of the few)
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (656671)
Posted by steve2275 on March 15th, 2008 @ 8:42am CDT
wheelie vs trypticon
film at 11
:lol:
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (656717)
Posted by Jaw Crusher on March 15th, 2008 @ 9:50am CDT
I like the second cover better, simply because THAT'S the way Wheelie should really have been portrayed throughout the series: as a little guy who don't take sh** from anyone.
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (656806)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 15th, 2008 @ 11:50am CDT
Man, I'm SO looking forward to Spotlight: Wheelie.
He better still rhyme!
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (656902)
Posted by esclavo on March 15th, 2008 @ 3:11pm CDT
I don't think i'll ever like Wheelie, but i've been proven wrong before.
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (656992)
Posted by Stormrider on March 15th, 2008 @ 6:54pm CDT
If they could eliminat his rhyming then I probably would find him very appealing.
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (657071)
Posted by Pyrostrata on March 15th, 2008 @ 9:00pm CDT
esclavo wrote:I don't think i'll ever like Wheelie.

I don't think I will never like Wheelie.....

....I KNOW I will never like Wheelie....

....tis one Spotlight I will probably skip on.

BRING ON SPOTLIGHT CYCLONUS!!! :DANCE:
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (657111)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on March 15th, 2008 @ 9:53pm CDT
I'm not sure I'll like this unless he's like he's described in his bio, a survivalist or if it shows how he ended up on Quintessa in the first place
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (657266)
Posted by Grimshock on March 16th, 2008 @ 7:45am CDT
I hate the first cover. Not just because it is a rap cover. I'd hate it if they did a similar thing with Blaster on a rock album cover as well. Second cover is much better. Agree that the only acceptable portrayal of Wheelie is as a steel-willed survivalist. The fact that we have to hope for that clearly shows how our writers disappoint us. We should be able to count on any TF being portrayed as we would expect from their bio. A good writer should be able to write amazing stories within such parameters. Whenever one deviates from that (as pretty much all of them do), he or she is simply weak.
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (657501)
Posted by i_amtrunks on March 16th, 2008 @ 4:55pm CDT
Hrmm, I wonder if this is going to be Wheelie struggling to survive alone on a world controlled by Decepticons (Trypticon?), or just surviving on a planet with some kind of large natural inhabitants?

Either way I'm sure that this Spotlight will change many peoples perceptions on Wheelie. At least I hope so.
Re: Comic News I Updates With June Transformers Comics Releases Including Spotlight Wheelie (657600)
Posted by First-Aid on March 16th, 2008 @ 8:32pm CDT
That Wheelie cover...am I the only one that thinks that looks like a Sharkticon shadow?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "RARE 2014 HIGH TIDE Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots + 2  '15 Chase the Police" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS ACADEMY HOIST THE TOW BOT FLATBED TOW TRUCK HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Ratchet? 96% Complete? (No Weapon)?" on EBAY
Buy "New TRANSFORMERS Generations TG-23 METROPLEX Action Figure TAKARA TOMY" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ALTERNITY CONVOY NISSAN GT-R ULTIMATE METAL SILVER A-01 TAKARA NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Motorbreath & Thundercracker (Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity A-02 Nissan Fairlady Z Megatron - Diamond Black (Takara)" on EBAY