Transformers News: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes

Thursday, September 14th, 2017 2:07PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,685

A lot of fans found the recently revealed Power of the Primes Optimus Prime to be very similar to Masterpiece Optimus Prime, commonly called MP 10. Well, to see exactly how similar the robot mode is, Notrab, on Weibo, has posted images of both of these toys together. Let us know what you think!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910945)
Posted by Quantum Surge on September 14th, 2017 @ 2:16pm CDT
Makes a good stand in for MP-10, and it'd even make me want to get Combiner Wars Megatron despite its blatamt flaws.
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910947)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 14th, 2017 @ 2:22pm CDT
I'm amazed how close they look to one another. MP-10 looks more polished, plus his chest piece looks a lot nicer - Probably due to Orion Pax needing to fit in PoTP OP's chest its more function than looks so I can't really nit pick.
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910948)
Posted by Kurona on September 14th, 2017 @ 2:24pm CDT
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910951)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 14th, 2017 @ 2:54pm CDT
this is a very cool version of G1 Optimus Prime ;)^
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910955)
Posted by Rated X on September 14th, 2017 @ 3:16pm CDT

Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910958)
Posted by Kurona on September 14th, 2017 @ 3:41pm CDT
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910963)
Posted by skywarp-2 on September 14th, 2017 @ 4:13pm CDT
The Pics look great. The POTP and MP-10 Optimus Look very similar. Tho, MP-10 is still the best for the higher end market, POTP is a perfect standin for those fans who want a G-1 esque Prime that is close to the Animation, and MP-10! That is a win win for fans!! Great looking Primes. ;)^

Just give us a Nemesis Orion Pax and Prime and we'll be good to go!
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910964)
Posted by Burn on September 14th, 2017 @ 4:22pm CDT
Kurona wrote:It's a very good stand-in to be sure. Only thing is that from this angle, POTP OP's ankles look a bit... I don't know how to describe it other than "construct-bots-y". Otherwise, brilliant.

ugh ... those ankles just gave me flashbacks to Legends Ginrai.

And I hate those fucking ankles.
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910966)
Posted by skywarp-2 on September 14th, 2017 @ 4:45pm CDT
Burn wrote:

ugh ... those ankles just gave me flashbacks to Legends Ginrai.

And I hate those **** ankles.

Actually, I get flashbacks to Robot Masters Prime with those ankles.. so many gaps in RM Prime, it wasn't good.. but those old bots were meant to be cheaply made.. tho they fetch far more now.
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910970)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 14th, 2017 @ 5:04pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Power of the Primes Leader Optimus Prime looks great, even compared to MP-10. He'll be a worthy compliment to Combiner Wars/Legends Leader Megtron. The ONLY gripe I have with this PotP version is the gray hands. For something that's supposed to be G1AF, that's a big mistake. I'm sure Takara Tomy will get that right, at least.
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910972)
Posted by Ultimate Weapon1 on September 14th, 2017 @ 5:10pm CDT
I really do like OP's robot mode, but I really don't like his truck mode, so I'll have to take a pass on him, because no sense in have a transformer if I won't transform it.
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910980)
Posted by Rated X on September 14th, 2017 @ 5:34pm CDT
Kurona wrote:A bit too expensive, friend. I have every intention of eventually getting an MP-10 when I have enough disposable income... but I don't have that much disposable income, so I would be very happy to go for POTP OP.

Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910982)
Posted by Octobotimus on September 14th, 2017 @ 5:36pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

well.....you could always paint it yourself and not pay takara's extra 20 or more bucks.....
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910985)
Posted by Kurona on September 14th, 2017 @ 5:41pm CDT
Rated X wrote:

Works out at about 70-80 quid before shipping. The Leader works out by far cheaper - especially in the event of a sale; which tends to happen for Leaders - and I'd much rather own an official product than a KO if I can help it.
I'm not sure how rarity comes into it?
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910986)
Posted by william-james88 on September 14th, 2017 @ 5:44pm CDT
Burn wrote:

ugh ... those ankles just gave me flashbacks to Legends Ginrai.

And I hate those **** ankles.

You and me both
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910990)
Posted by YRQRM0 on September 14th, 2017 @ 5:50pm CDT
For how unfair of a comparison this is, Potp Prime really holds up.
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1910996)
Posted by Lucky Logician on September 14th, 2017 @ 6:17pm CDT
Rated X wrote:As far as this being a good "stand in" for MP-10, how about just buying a real MP-10? They are available in TRUs everywhere currently. Dont got a TRU nearby? Try e-bay. Theres a version of the MP-10 mold with or without the trailer for every budget out there. Dont compare this thing to an MP figure just because it takes certain cues. Its like comparing apples and oranges.
Rated X wrote:I only got one which is the latest TRU reissue. I was under the assumption that all the Takara and Hasbro reissues plus the YOTH MP-10 saturated the market and brought the price down. And thats not counting the very affordable KOs. I never looked at the prices on ebay. But its not a rare mold to own like calling the POTP prime a "stand in" sort of implies.

I have no idea where you are getting that assumption from about saturated market. Despite constant releases, the price has only gone up. I don't know why you think MP-10 is 'for every budget'. The cheapest official MP-10 I can find is $100. Not everyone can afford that for a single figure. And the KO is $50, which some people don't want. Sure PotP will also be $50, but that can be bought on sale if a person waits.
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1911012)
Posted by Epsilon Delta on September 14th, 2017 @ 7:05pm CDT
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1911016)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 14th, 2017 @ 7:33pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Ill be buying this POTP Optimus just for the Orion Pax. Hopefully the trailer actually does something in robot mode besides being a blown out torso...a base mode perhaps?

What did you do to the REal Rated X? :lol:
Re: Comparison Images Between MP 10 and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Power of the Primes (1911017)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 14th, 2017 @ 7:34pm CDT
Epsilon Delta wrote:I'm really hoping for a G1 Ultra Magnus remold with a white inner Optimus Prime bot. I have the MP Magnus, but I actually would have preferred a parts former with a white MP-10. My dream of an updated G1 Ultra Magnus will come true someday... I hope.

Just get it regardless.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TED-18 Big Drift Action Figure from Japan F/S - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 59 minutes 26 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1 VOL.3 #0 PAT LEE GALVATRON VARIANT DREAMWAVE COMICS - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 6 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Cybertron BLURR New RARE w DVD Planet Key - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 10 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Prime Titan 6" Figure - Megatron - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION VOYAGER SCORN - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 24 minutes 6 seconds
TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION VOYAGER DECEPTICON NITRO - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 39 minutes 35 seconds
VINTAGE TRANSFORMERS G1 THUNDER CLASH TURBOMASTER EUROPEAN FIGURE - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 56 minutes 43 seconds
BUMBLEBEE; Transformers G2 Go-Bots; MOC, Gobot Gobots Go-Bot; 1994 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 56 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent