CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist

CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist

Thursday, June 10th, 2010 6:35am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Diem   Views: 32,530

Yesterday we reported on the CDMW-09 set from CrazyDevy which included a replacement mixing drum for Mixmaster. Their website has since updated with other parts in the CDMW-09 set including a new shoulder which raises articulation and avoids clipping and a new waist which adds to the articulation and increases the height of G1 Devastator.

The images can be seen at CrazyDevy's page here

For the latest in Transformers news, stick with Seibertron.com!

Credit(s): CrazyDevy

Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084413)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 10th, 2010 @ 6:37am CDT
He's more machine than man now, twisted and evil.
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084419)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 10th, 2010 @ 6:52am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:He's more machine than man now, twisted and evil.

:lol:
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084431)
Posted by UltraPrimal on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:42am CDT
Sheesh! CrazyDevy keeps coming out with all these little updates. Why don't they just make their own Constructicons already? :lol:
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084434)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:57am CDT
Just when you thought Crazy Devy had gone completely bonkers for releasing such a lame add-on kit .... they make it worthwhile.

I whish they'd show us the ACTUAL PRODUCT instead of these damned cropped pictures. I was about to buy a G1 Devestator head because their new one doesn't work with my cheap KO, but it looks like this *might* negate the need.
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084435)
Posted by HighPrime on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:59am CDT

Maybe it's the angle, but the torso now seems so hulking. The legs are looking too skinny.
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084439)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 10th, 2010 @ 8:20am CDT
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084453)
Posted by dragons on June 10th, 2010 @ 8:42am CDT
im going to be disapointed if the relase the should pieces seperate they release should togeather if they make on for scavenger :BANG_HEAD: i thought i was done with them not complaing add on kit for dev is great but didnt think there would be more to add on
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084467)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 10th, 2010 @ 8:59am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:He's more machine than man now, twisted and evil.

:lol:

Hah, wow the one liners are out of control today!

I think these sets are cool, but the crazy thing is they probably cost more than Devastator himself, by the time you get them all. :shock: And why not just release them all at once?
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084468)
Posted by munkimus prime on June 10th, 2010 @ 9:02am CDT
Looks like I'm going to be getting all the Crazy Devy parts, even the silly cement mixer bin.
I want my Devastator more awesome now!!!.
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084470)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 10th, 2010 @ 9:11am CDT
Each upgrade is likely funding the next.
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084500)
Posted by El Duque on June 10th, 2010 @ 10:19am CDT
Pretty soon G1 Devy will be my most poseable figure, that's..............weird.
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084536)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on June 10th, 2010 @ 11:31am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Each upgrade is likely funding the next.

Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winna!
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084555)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 10th, 2010 @ 11:53am CDT
I just tried to order through the site and I was told that I ordered CMW02...and not CMW09.

We'll see how the order email comes in, but their system may not be right for this one yet.

Edit: Actual order ended up being for the right set. So, that's good.
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084575)
Posted by Jenus on June 10th, 2010 @ 12:42pm CDT
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084583)
Posted by HighPrime on June 10th, 2010 @ 1:09pm CDT
Jenus wrote:I want to ask has anyone bought the CDMW-02 in the silver color, and has all the other current parts? If so can you show pics, all I've seen is a black and white image with Predaking in the background and the pic of just the waist down it looks good but I would like a whole picture of him. I would really rather have the purple but it doesn't seem like he will do them again in purple, I wish he would do it all in a set already guess he just has more to add to Devastator. Anyway the other question is about KO Devastator, is he worth even getting I know there are some of higher quality than others and has the metal parts, basically I'm just gettting tired of waiting for Takara to do something and it just seems like they never will. Anyway would it be prefered to wait and see what takara does, buy a G1 version new or used or just go with the KO version? Darn CrazyDevy for making me want Devastator so much more now. :BANG_HEAD:

Anyway, there's very little die-cast used in the Constructicons. If I recall correctly, Scrapper, Long Haul and Mixmaster have none. Bonecrusher has some used for hinges of legs. Hook has a bit in the torso/legs that allows him to swivel in half when forming Devastator Head. Scavenger has the most where midsection of alt mode swivels upon + connector to Hook.

The high-quality KO recently released is one of the better knock-offs. Green plastic is a noticeably soft, but not detrimentally so. Keep in mind when buying the Devy parts that some are created for the KO and some for the original (specifically the forearm upgrade). A run of the mill original will probably set you back 1.3x-1.5x of the KO. A flawless example could set you back 3x-4x. The rest fall somewhere in the middle. Less complete ones may offer you some savings as you really just need the constructions themselves. At this point, the only complete constructions needed are Scrapper and Long Haul. Even then, you just need the Wing from Scrapper and the crotch from Long Haul. So, there's an opportunity to spend as little as possible if you're not concerned with figure completeness.
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084601)
Posted by goshjosh95 on June 10th, 2010 @ 2:08pm CDT
HighPrime wrote:Hope this means they'll be working on the left arm, because that one still needs the most work. Scavenger sits much farther out from the torso than bonecrusher (re: hugging the left side).

I agree... It's always bugged me that Bonecrusher doesn't have enough clearance to lift up the left arm completely. I hope they do some kind of fix for it. Re: the legs, I think it's just the perspective/angle of the camera that makes them look too thin.
Prime Evil wrote: Looking at the pics again, that's gonna add some serious height to Devy. The thigh upgrade already puts him around FansProject Superion, and just going by the pic we see and the add on parts I already have, he's gonna gain another inch perhaps, possibly putting him at the same height as FansProject Bruticus. I wonder what that will do to the balance of the figure. He's already a lil back heavy, and this might throw him off balance a little more. I think we need something to counter balance this figure soon. Perhaps a new chest wing that is a lil heavier?

I'm hoping that the waist joint will shift Hook forward a little bit to compensate for the upper body weight, since the CDMW-02 hips/waist upgrade is what shifted the weight too far back, but a new chest wing would be great too!
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084603)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on June 10th, 2010 @ 2:12pm CDT
Jrfitzpatrick7's 2011 prediction:

By next year we will learn that we didn't need the original G1 devastator at all. The replacement parts will have taken over... leaving behind a G1 devy and a ...crazy devy.
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084605)
Posted by HighPrime on June 10th, 2010 @ 2:14pm CDT

The forearm upgrade elimates that problem (which I agree always bothered me). However it didn't address the fact that Scavenger sits too far away from the body/bonecrusher sits too close. Which we also agree on :)

I concur. You KNOW that the Chest Wing and crotch plate are going to be redone, though ;) Only thing left to do is strap a motor to Devastor's rump so he can walk by himself.
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084616)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 10th, 2010 @ 2:47pm CDT
HighPrime wrote:I'll go out on a limb and say Crazy Devy will issue a 'gift set' with all pieces when they've finally tweaked every last piece of Devastator.

Only thing left for that would be replacement Constructicons!

Okay, this is good. Makes the drum make more sense.
Re: CrazyDevy Update: Shoulder and Waist (1084644)
Posted by Rated X on June 10th, 2010 @ 3:55pm CDT
Keeps getting better but the dame thing just keeps getting too expensive. Just create their own figures already and pick a final price for a gift set.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Retro Reissue G1 Headmasters Highbrow (F1024)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro F1027 Transformers Generations Retro Headmaster Skullcruncher Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE ReAction Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger 100% Complete Legends Generations - Power of the Primes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Attacktix Battle Figure Game Transformers Star Wars Optimus Prime Darth Vader" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: WRECK-GAR....COMPLETE!!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class GRAX & Skullsmasher Headmaster" on EBAY