Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments

Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments

Friday, November 21st, 2008 1:45am CST

Categories: Toy News, Site Articles, Transtopia
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 58,044

With the holiday season kicking into full gear, trying to find ways to satisfy that Transformers need while not killing your wallet has been the main focus of many Seibertronians. Here's one way you can get into the holiday spirit without making another trip to the ATM.

With the purchase of a Robot Heroes set, and a couple items I picked up at a local hobby store, I created a Transformers based holiday ornament that wasn't just a figure hanging there. An idea of Seibertron himself, we present Hero Ornaments:

First we start with a set of Robot Heroes figures. Best thing out this is that this can work with any figures from the line, but I picked G1 Sunstreaker and Galvatron to be my test ornaments.

{L_IMAGE}
(Note: I tried to mimic Seibertron.com's top notch gallery set up, but it didn't work out so well.)

Next you'll need some additions. I got these Christmas deco's at a Michaels store nearby. I spent about $5.00 USD on it.

{L_IMAGE}

Now the building materials. I used a hot glue gun because its fast drying and solid. You can get the same affect with some super glue or other heavy bonding glue, but if you ever want to revert these guys back to regular figs, good luck.

{L_IMAGE}

Notice I included the base of the packaging for the two. This will serve as the platform for the ornament. I bonded the bottom and top together to get a sturdier piece.

Next, prep the additions. I couldn't find the Santa hats on their own, so I bought this pack of Santa ornaments and removed them. Bonus is that these came with the hanging string attached, downside was they were also glued on and had to be taken off very carefully.

{L_IMAGE}

Now just glue and set. Make sure to see exactly where you want your extras to go prior to placing glue. Like I said before, a hot glue gun or super glue will set pretty fast, so you're gonna have to know where you want what you want before you decide to glue. Let the figures set for about 5 minutes so the glue bonds cure before hanging.

{L_IMAGE}

And there you have it. Transformers holiday ornaments that actually look like holiday ornaments.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

Happy Holidays Seibertronians!

Credit(s): Art of Transtopia

Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (837424)
Posted by Solrac333 on November 21st, 2008 @ 2:13am CST
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (837428)
Posted by First Gen on November 21st, 2008 @ 2:24am CST
omega666 wrote:Awesome! That is a good reason for me to get the Robot Heroes. These are nice. :APPLAUSE:

Dude, coming from you, that is the BIGGEST compliment. Thanks. :D
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (837434)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on November 21st, 2008 @ 2:47am CST

Seconded; these are seriously impressive, both for the general look and inexpense. If I had any TF buddies around here, I'd be on all over that like the clap on a hooker.

But, since I don't, maybe I'll just make some for myself :P

Any way you slice it, rockin'.
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (837441)
Posted by TankedThomas on November 21st, 2008 @ 3:12am CST
Very nice! A good excuse to buy useless but nice-looking Robot Heroes. The one thing I don't like is the hat covering a lot of their head but that's not too bad and I could always change it up a little if I made my own. I probably will make my own though. We could rip off Mickey Mousimus Prime and copy him. Make Snowmanimus Prime. :|
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (837442)
Posted by Bonger on November 21st, 2008 @ 3:15am CST
Super idea! I'll definately be making some of these to hang on the tree and piss the fiance off. ;-)
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (837493)
Posted by Mykltron on November 21st, 2008 @ 6:38am CST
I hate robot heroes.
These ornaments are a bloody stupid idea.

I might make some myself!
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (837509)
Posted by Anonymous on November 21st, 2008 @ 7:11am CST
ahh snap! I have a couple of left over Unicron and OP....thats an awesome idea.
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (837557)
Posted by xxaMaxx on November 21st, 2008 @ 10:00am CST
Those are clever. I always used to decorate my tree with Heroes of Cybertron figures. I didn't fancy them up at all, just placed them on the tree straddling branches. The best part was my wife (my girlfriend at the time) thought it was a pretty cute idea.
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (837566)
Posted by Solrac333 on November 21st, 2008 @ 10:25am CST
Dude! It looks like you started something here. Custom Robot Heroes ornaments.
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (837595)
Posted by Blurrz on November 21st, 2008 @ 11:13am CST
Damn, these are pretty crafty
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (837630)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 21st, 2008 @ 12:35pm CST
Pretty cool idea! Last year I had some small Japanese non-transforming items and a WST Megatron on my tree.
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (838001)
Posted by First Gen on November 22nd, 2008 @ 1:05am CST
FYI We'd love to see some of your creations on this. If we get enough we can do a whole feature on it.
Re: Create Your Own Transformers Holiday Ornaments (838181)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on November 22nd, 2008 @ 10:57am CST
You know its easeir to this with the Heroes of cybertron figures

Just pop the heads off put on the string and there you go

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Bundle Rare, Medix, Blades And Blurr Morbot Job Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chief Charlie Burns Rescue Cutter Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Outback" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron Shining Bumblebee Targetmaster Gun Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS CODY BURNS Figure, Rescue Axe Variant 2011." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon" on EBAY