First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart

Transformers News: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart

Thursday, February 14th, 2019 10:27PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 15,523

Thanks to Seibertronian Jtprime17 we have our very first look at long since leaked Transformers Siege figures of Springer, Red Alert, and Thundercracker. The pictures are from BrickSeek which pulled the images from hidden listings on Walmart.com.

The most interesting is our first look at Voyager Springer! While it's only his helicopter mode we can instantly see that this figure is based on the original 1986 figure. As expected, Voyager WFC-S39 Thundercracker is a repaint of Starscream, but notably missing his null-rays, instead holding a recolored Battlemaster Blowpipe. WFC-S35 Red Alert is a retool of Sideswipe as we've seen in some art. He includes a unique weapon made from his light bar that appears to also be able to double as a gun.

Enjoy the photos below and click on each image for a link to the BrickSeek entry.

As a bonus we also have our first stock image of Leader Optimus Prime which has been designated as "WFC-S40 Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime" in the listing. You can see a video review for it here.

This is surely just a preview of things to come as we move into Toy Fair this weekend!
Credit(s): Jtprime17, BrickSeek, Walmart.com
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010332)
Posted by Blitzwing is bae on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:41pm CST
Hmmmmm :-? Is that springer a new mold?
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010333)
Posted by ScottyP on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:41pm CST
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010334)
Posted by Burn on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:43pm CST
Some day I might find these in the wild.

Might also become Pope.

Think the second one might be more realistic these days.
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010336)
Posted by Emerje on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:46pm CST
Well this was unexpected if it turns out to be true. User Mr. Chaos on the TFW2005 forums has posted some new UPC codes for known figures from an anonymous source, but included was a new UPC for a figure that we haven't heard rumors of yet: Leader class Astrotrain.

WFC Leader Class Astrotrain. E3419. UPC 63050988227

Now, obviously, this hasn't been confirmed by Hasbro so take this rumor with a grain of salt. We are heading into Toy Fair starting Friday so there's a possibility this figure may make an appearance at the event if it's true. Thanks to Seibertronian Autobot N for making us aware! Feel free to speculate away in the Energon Pub forums below!
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010337)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:48pm CST
ScottyP wrote:I don't need another Springer but at least it's not an 84/85 character? Guess that one fan that didn't like the Roche Springer toy can be happy now. They're probably out there somewhere.

I love the Generations Springer. It’s fantaric. I’m really looking forward to this one too though. It looks straight out of the ‘86 Movie and with the way that Siege has been knocking them out of the park, I bet this will be a really good figure.
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010342)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:56pm CST
If I can just get all the triple changers in a consistent style, I guess I'll be happy. I'd rather see them ALSO be the same size class (which is why I have been hoping for Springer have a Titan Master), but whatever. I just want all six to match... If they're gonna re-do all the ones that were in Titans Return, then so be it. As long as they match.
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010344)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:06pm CST
I’ll be keeping my T30 Springer, thank you very much. That has got to be one of the greatest action figure toys I own.
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010346)
Posted by william-james88 on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:12pm CST
Blitzwing is bae wrote:Hmmmmm :-? Is that springer a new mold?

What else would it be?
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010348)
Posted by Seibertron on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:13pm CST

I never cared much for the thin and lanky Generations Springer. I'm extremely happy with this update. Can't wait to see the robot mode! Hopefully he's stocky or bulky like his animation model.
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010352)
Posted by Albatross250 on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:30pm CST

I"ve got better things to do tonight than die!
-Springer :BOT:
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010365)
Posted by Deadput on February 15th, 2019 @ 12:31am CST
More pics via the thread on Tfw2005

Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010367)
Posted by frogbat on February 15th, 2019 @ 12:34am CST

Even hough I enjoyed the previous springer and sandstorm figures, it did have some issues with stiffness (i’ll Probably need a pen knife to move some panels next time I transform them). Also some of the proportions didn’t feel right. Can’t wait for more pix if this guy’s other modes to see how he stacks up.

Re astrotrain, was pretty happy with the tr version but I guess they want to balance the triple changers faction releases. A commander class would be nice...

Besides some obvious choices for characters like the usual suspects... eg megs and prime, they seem to be cherry picking bots which were already cybertronian... the seekers... jetfire... so where are bumblebee and wheeljack? Jazz too.. granted we’ve had our fair share but they’d be obvious picks. Also... the 3 autobot targetmasters... their vehicles were always cybertronian... they could fit them in... really want to complete that line up.
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010369)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 15th, 2019 @ 12:58am CST
Oh, there are the null rays. That other picture was definitely a cross-promotional shot though, meaning Wave 3 has another Blowpipe-type Targetmaster, I assume Caliburst? Regardless, Thundercracker still looks good, but I'm still going to wait.

Springer's still a pass.

It actually greatly surprises me how much better Red Alert looks than Sideswipe. It was easy for me to pass on Sideswipe because of how basic that G1 design is and how boring Sideswipe looks, but this version of the mold looks way more appealing. I might actually grab him if he looks this good in person, wow. Apparently all it took was for them to give him an actually interesting color scheme and details other than just Everything Is Red. Also it looks like he has the same light bar piece as Prowl, but his gun seems to be new. This does give me at least slightly more hope for Barricade to actually be good (only slightly though).

As for Prime, there was nothing that would change my mind at this point I think, but these pictures did cause me to notice some things:
-It looks like they left his shoulder armor on his shoulders when they transformed him to alt mode rather than store it in the boots like reviewers have done, I wonder which is the official transformation?
-Seeing the inner robot here in a clear shot has caused me to realize that to me, since my first Prime was the Unicron Trilogy one (my good old Bendy Prime, who's been my only Prime until this year), it looks/feels more right to me for Optimus Prime to have yellow eyes rather than blue eyes.

Overall, very much looking forwards to what we'll see this weekend, and to most of these figures (sorry Springer).
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010372)
Posted by Albatross250 on February 15th, 2019 @ 1:13am CST
i can't wait for Skywarp (Which is going to be a Starscream Redeco) and do his thing during More Than Meets The Eye Part III :lol: :-D

Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010373)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on February 15th, 2019 @ 1:18am CST
frogbat wrote:Budget constraints and shelf space mean I might not go for repaints where possible. Though red alert and thundercracker do look the part.

Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010374)
Posted by Albatross250 on February 15th, 2019 @ 1:19am CST
Deadput wrote:Image

I guess im the only one who wants Vector Prime after i get Galaxy Optimus. but if he got a new model on SIEGE, i'd totally waste my wallet for it =P~ :twisted:
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010376)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 15th, 2019 @ 1:22am CST
Hm, Springer's actually appealing to me. Even I get him just as part of a small Marvel UK set. I still have the 30th thrilling one and it's nice but I've gone off it a tad and it doesn't really fit in my mostly movie collection anyways. I painted up a TR Hot Rod as a Marvel figure so this Springer might fit well with it.

I agree with the comment that the Red Alert deco makes the boring Sideswipe mold look a bit more interesting.

Does Springer have two swords now? His 30th and G1 toys had one sword made up of both rotor blades coming together. This one looks like you just use one blade to make a sword. Which is nice. Though again I question the practicality of using a key part of your alt-mode's mobility as a weapon that could get damaged or lost. But hey at least he's got his car mode as a back up.
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010379)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 15th, 2019 @ 2:23am CST
oh good then i can recreate this scene
image.jpg
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010380)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on February 15th, 2019 @ 2:26am CST
I kinda like how this Springer deals with something deco-wise that I've been thinking about since the leaked listing for him: were they gonna go with the toy-style yellow hood/chest, or cartoon-style green? Their solution is a nice blend: Keep the yellow, but relegate it to the very front of the hood/bottom of the chest so in robot mode it still largely matches the movie look in robot mode, but doesn't outright ditch the yellow there.
Re: First look at Siege Springer, Thundercracker, and Red Alert from Walmart (2010382)
Posted by frogbat on February 15th, 2019 @ 2:33am CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:I think we're gonna see another line full of Titan Masters (or whatever name they decide to give them) and we'll see the Autobot Targetmasters, (hopefully a Cyclonus to match TR Scourge,) Apeface, Snapdragon and Scorponok as the Titan. At least I hope so. If they don't have Head/Titan Masters, then that's YET ANOTHER "set" that doesn't match each other.

Maybe in the "revenge of the titans" or something...

I'd be ok for the target masters to lose the headmaster gimmick - I'd be more concerned if they were too small in relation to the previous TR deluxes.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #235 - Pre-Holidaze
"Pre-Holidaze"
Posted: Sunday, November 24th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Trypticon Figure Titans Return Titan Class Hasbro - BRAND NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Topspin Autobot Freezeout Transformers Titans Return w" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Gnaw No Transformers Tf Generations Titans Return" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Lg65 Target Master Twin Twist Transformers Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Autobot Rewind Transformers Tf Generations Titans Return" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG35 Super Ginrai Powermaster Optimus Prime NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class 18cm Optimus Prime And Diac" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations - Titans Return - Deluxe Class - Blurr" on EBAY