G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS!

G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS!

Sunday, June 27th, 2010 5:15am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 49,777

For a while now, a thread has gone undetected in our Toys Forum, the thread contained images of what seemed to be a prototype of a Matrix of Leadership for Generation 1 Optimus Prime. When new pictures of it along with other accessories showed up, it was speculated to be a new set from BTSToys, the people behind the BTS Mobile command base (aka. Classics Prime trailer).

Now due to a pre-order listing on site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com this speculation has been proven true. BBTS's price for this set is currently set at USD 19.99 and the set contains the following:
-Matrix with seating
-New articulated hands to hold matrix
-Energon axe
-Jetpack which can hold all accessories
-Ion Blaster

To view the pre-order page just click here and to see even more images of the set's prototype and functionality just click here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): El Duque, Magnus2501, BTS, BBTS

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 1st, 2010 5:32am CDT

Re: G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS! (1091066)
Posted by dragons on June 27th, 2010 @ 6:52am CDT
very nice indeed :-( i dont have g1 prime as of yet but when i get credit card paid off which would probably be the time before this set gets released ill be able to get prime himself :lol: ..............
Re: G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS! (1091068)
Posted by Stormrider on June 27th, 2010 @ 6:55am CDT
This is creative but Hybrid Convoy can do all of these things and more.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS! (1091081)
Posted by Forgotten on June 27th, 2010 @ 8:04am CDT
This is great that they did it. There are many Convoy collectors out there that this is going to be great for, I'm just not one of them. I've almost rounded out my full Megatron collection & closing in on my Screamer collection. Only have about 8 Convoys and G1 is not one of them, to be honest I don't even plan on getting one(i've got a floppy, broken G2 that' i've had for years that I gave to my son who loves it, somebody warn me if it has lead paint because I didn't bother checking.) In place of a G1 Convoy in my collection I was going to do a Hybrid style & a WST(they both look close enough and are much better to me.) But kudos to these guys.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS! (1091084)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on June 27th, 2010 @ 8:14am CDT
Wow, that's a good price! I might just do this. I'd like to see pics of the jetpack on him, tho. I'd prob sell the axe, no interest. Might be able to mod the hands to separate some of the fingers.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS! (1091085)
Posted by HighPrime on June 27th, 2010 @ 8:24am CDT
I will pass.

Don't really care for the hands, I'd never use the Axe (haven't in any Prime that has included one so far), don't like the Jetpack, and I already have the New Years Edition Convoy which includes a Matrix.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS! (1091086)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 27th, 2010 @ 8:28am CDT
Which company is involved in this? I am so getting one. It would be cool if it is also compatible with Sideswipe.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS! (1091093)
Posted by REMINATOR on June 27th, 2010 @ 9:02am CDT
It's definitely a nice accessory. If the jet pack can be mounted onto Prime robot mode, then I'll order one. Otherwise I'll pass because I have the Matrix from the NYear version. The axe, nice to have one. The hands, from one angle, look kind of strange.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS! (1091096)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 27th, 2010 @ 9:07am CDT
Interesting. And one of those that you'd never think of to do, either.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS! (1091231)
Posted by gigazarak on June 27th, 2010 @ 2:40pm CDT
ZOMFG! This is brilliant!!! Wow, looks like this product was made for people just like me!!! SO COOL!!
Re: G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set pre-order at BBTS! (1091315)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 27th, 2010 @ 10:29pm CDT
Nice. I might buy this, since I don't have the G2 reissue Prime's hands or weapon.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise FRACTURE One Step Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Steelbane Bumblebee Tiny Turbo Changers Target Exc" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cogman STUDIO SERIES # 39 DELUXE CLASS Brand New Sealed" on EBAY