G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works

G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works

Sunday, August 21st, 2011 1:35pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 43,589

If you're not happy with the IDW style head that came on Generations Blurr you may be in luck. A new third-party company known as SideFX is developing an upgrade set to give him a more Generation one appearance. The Blitz set will include a new head, gun, sword, and shield. According to their twitter account they have more upgrade sets planned.

Credit(s): SideFX

This article was last modified on Sunday, August 21st, 2011 1:49pm CDT

Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279604)
Posted by Swindle01 on August 21st, 2011 @ 1:38pm CDT
looks utter crap
easy and deffo pass
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279609)
Posted by Down_Shift on August 21st, 2011 @ 1:46pm CDT
Come on Warpath upgrade head!
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279610)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 21st, 2011 @ 1:49pm CDT
Pretty cool, still surprised Blurrz Didn't get this first
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279611)
Posted by DMSL on August 21st, 2011 @ 1:50pm CDT
The Classics Blurr doesn't really need an upgrade in my opinion so pass.
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279614)
Posted by Flashwave on August 21st, 2011 @ 1:57pm CDT
Dinky Shield looks Dinky.

It also make him look like Ani Blurr.

New Head isn't that bad, and the weapons are nice. Not really Blurr, but since I planned to give Perceptor his sniper rifle, IF I ever find Perceptor, new weapns for Blur wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279615)
Posted by El Duque on August 21st, 2011 @ 1:57pm CDT
The Gee-Wunner in me loves this!
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279617)
Posted by joevill on August 21st, 2011 @ 2:00pm CDT
Swindle01 wrote:looks utter crap
easy and deffo pass

ditto
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279618)
Posted by juxtapose519 on August 21st, 2011 @ 2:04pm CDT
The sword and shield are definitely dinky and the original rifle is cooler.

I would only buy this for the head and it's not particularly impressive.

It doesn't help that they used crappy low res photos for the reveal. Unless it's under $10 (which it won't be), this is a pass for me.
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279620)
Posted by Raimynn on August 21st, 2011 @ 2:06pm CDT
New head and weapons are a def plus!!!!......depending on cost of course!
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279621)
Posted by DavidT on August 21st, 2011 @ 2:09pm CDT
I'll glady take a G1-ish head! I hate the one that came on Generations Blurr!
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279622)
Posted by El Duque on August 21st, 2011 @ 2:11pm CDT
joevill wrote:
Swindle01 wrote:looks utter crap
easy and deffo pass

ditto

Just curious, but do you guys now like about this? The head looks G1, the gun and sword are pretty much generic, and the shield looks nice to me. Plus you're still going to have his original guns. If there are things about the set you don't like you should let them know on twitter.
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279623)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on August 21st, 2011 @ 2:11pm CDT
At the minute YAK! that head ruins the mould for me it looks too buch blurs always been lean i do love the shield and gun though.

EDIT. Cool kit though if the head was thiner imo it would be spot on.
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279630)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 21st, 2011 @ 2:24pm CDT
im sorry but the head hardly looks G1ish and it does not look right on the mold. the weapons are cool thats about it.
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279631)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 21st, 2011 @ 2:29pm CDT
Looking at this i was first like :SICK:. Then I started liking how the shield and weapons store in alt mode. The head sculpt is still growing on me but not quite there yet.
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279635)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on August 21st, 2011 @ 2:34pm CDT
Can't say that I like it. The head just...doesn't work for me. It doesn't scream G1 Blurr. I feel like the head is kinda...fat and squat, which is completely opposite of what Blurr was. The IDW head gives a sense of motion and speed.

Also, yet another third party company. Hooray. :roll:
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279638)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 21st, 2011 @ 2:52pm CDT
I don't know why you guys are griping. Id'e buy this just for the rifle, it combines with the sword. Not only that, but the shield looks good. Id'e keep the old head on there, but a set like this would really differintiate him from Drift. I'm just sayin.
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279660)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 21st, 2011 @ 3:26pm CDT
Hmm, I kinda like the shield, but not really interested in the rest of it.
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279666)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 21st, 2011 @ 3:41pm CDT
The head is a great plus and I'm always one for weapons but that shield is s*it. But I won't pay more than $30 not including shipping. That is the same price for the Cliffjumper head upgrade kit...so 'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279679)
Posted by PrymeStriker on August 21st, 2011 @ 3:50pm CDT
His head could've been done better, otherwise, I'm for it. :D
Re: G1 Style Upgrade for Generations Blurr in the Works (1279691)
Posted by Sodan-1 on August 21st, 2011 @ 4:07pm CDT
I do like the original weapons: chunky gun and small shield for the win! I think the head would look a lot better if Blurr's helmet crest/pony tail thing was bigger and more defined. I can only assume transformation impediments have reduced it to a tiny mohawk.

I am intrigued as to what their other products are. I'm with Down_Shift in hoping for a new head for Warpath.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Retro Reissue G1 Headmasters Highbrow (F1024)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro F1027 Transformers Generations Retro Headmaster Skullcruncher Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE ReAction Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger 100% Complete Legends Generations - Power of the Primes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Attacktix Battle Figure Game Transformers Star Wars Optimus Prime Darth Vader" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: WRECK-GAR....COMPLETE!!" on EBAY