HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead!

HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead!

Friday, May 7th, 2010 4:54pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 42,037

Crafty third party HeadRobots is at it again with their second Headmaster set. It's Hothead, a Headmaster upgrade for Universe Hardhead. But no, the fun doesn't stop there as HeadRobots have updated their website, notifying us that Hothead will be compatible with Generation One Hardhead as well! They're even going the extra mile, HeadRobots have also put 'Lego' sized hands for Hothead, allowing the Headmaster to be able to carry Lego weapons. Check out the pictures below!

Feel free to pre-order Hothead at any of our various site sponsors - BigBadToyStore, TFsource, Digital Toys or RobotKingdom!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): HeadRobots

This article was last modified on Saturday, May 8th, 2010 12:28am CDT

Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072157)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 7th, 2010 @ 5:56pm CDT
Holy guacamole! (cuz he's green get it? :lol: ) That's awesome! I wish I had a Universe Hardhead now. But since he never even got released in Canada, I'll have to do without.
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072159)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 7th, 2010 @ 6:09pm CDT
Damn ... makes me kinda wish I had a Hardhead! I didn't think this set would be compatable with the original.

Just gotta keep reminding myself that I never even knew who he was before this set.
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072168)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 7th, 2010 @ 6:41pm CDT
If I don't preorder this guy, it's only because I've also got a computer to pay for, and I've already also ordered Cobra, which I aughta be getting in the next week or so since it's already shipped. I'm definitely gonna get this one as well at some point though.
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072173)
Posted by adamassc on May 7th, 2010 @ 6:59pm CDT
neato. I may get this set if only to gun-up my universe Onslaught since I have no Hardhead.
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072174)
Posted by enclinedesigns on May 7th, 2010 @ 7:14pm CDT
I will be getting this guy ASAP!!!
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072179)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 7th, 2010 @ 7:32pm CDT
Aw, slag! I didn't think I was gonna' havta' buy TWO Hotheads! (I already bought one Cobra, need a second one to make the Cobra-breast weapon, and preordered the blue snake)

Is the face accurate to his show/comic model instead of the original toy? I even have a spare Hardhead that's mint but missing everything, including the non-removable gray shoulder cannon; is that such a common break that they included an approximation of it too? Gee, I hope they don't get sued for being that generous in giving us head (*ducks* Hey don't blame me, Jack Nicolson and The Monkees said it first)

And as for the hands, are Lego pegs the same size a Stikfa pegs? Because if so, my Hothead's gonna' start working on his juggling act before I even decapitate my Universe Slaught-Head.
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072183)
Posted by foxmorgan on May 7th, 2010 @ 8:08pm CDT
When I first heard about this set... I took a BIG gamble and went out and bought to G1 Hardheads. I had already picked up the new version of Hardhead before this came out, but man oh man... I am stoked! This will definitely be going on my G1 version! First time for me, a gamble like that paid off! Way cool. You can still get a G1 Hardhead on ebay for about $8-12, but I am sure sellers will start jacking up prices. Glad for ONCE I was ahead of this. Now if only I did not put that damn Target Bruticus set back on the shelf (finding out three days later about the upgrade kit)! DOH!
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072184)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 7th, 2010 @ 8:15pm CDT
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072190)
Posted by Heckfire on May 7th, 2010 @ 9:13pm CDT
I lucked out and grabbed the LAST Universe Hardhead at my local Wallyworld. At least this guy seems to be worth it!
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072196)
Posted by Tirade on May 7th, 2010 @ 9:39pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:Im really liking this guy. I cannot wait to see finished images of the product. The Hothead robot mode looks very posable and impressive too. I hope they add more paint apps than they did on the Snake headmaster. Not real impressed with the lego hands..

What is wrong with the lego hands? Considering the size of the figure, I'd say we are fortunate that he can even hold things. And lego weapons aren't that bad either. I wasn't too impressed when I first heard the lego hands, but upon second thought, they look fine on the figure. I'm glad he doesn't have tiny little holes for a small gun or something. I have broken off so many gun handles that way. They tend to get stuck inside the hole.
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072212)
Posted by It Is Him on May 7th, 2010 @ 10:06pm CDT
So, is the price of a loose G1 Hardhead gonna shoot up or what?
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072214)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 7th, 2010 @ 10:17pm CDT
Tirade wrote:

While I don't think I'd actually use the lego hands - mostly because I'd be buying this guy for what I believe to be his intended purpose (as a third-party replacement for G1 Headmaster heads) - I for one don't see anything wrong with them. I suppose they could actually add some playability to the figure if you've got the lego weapons on hand.

It Is Him wrote:So, is the price of a loose G1 Hardhead gonna shoot up or what?

I hope not. I'd want to buy a G1 Hardhead, to go along with my Hothead figure. I picked up a headless Mindwipe figure with Cobra in mind.
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072280)
Posted by onsanyo-con on May 8th, 2010 @ 6:34am CDT
Ok now I have to order atleast 3.
1.One for display with a couple brick arms guns.
2.The second one and 3rd one for custom painting in metallics to match the metalllic versions of Onslaught and Hardhead I customed.
I have to come up with storage for those on the figures now as well. Wish me luck. :)
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072298)
Posted by Constantine on May 8th, 2010 @ 7:26am CDT
I reported these exact same things a month ago, when I spoke with these guys at the Canadian Collectible Toy Expo.
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072343)
Posted by TimPilot on May 8th, 2010 @ 10:48am CDT
YES!! Finally my Hardhead will be complete :D Got the Headcobra and loved it, but this is just too perfect to miss :D
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072370)
Posted by Mkall on May 8th, 2010 @ 12:50pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:So, is the price of a loose G1 Hardhead gonna shoot up or what?

Only the headless ones ;)
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072378)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 8th, 2010 @ 1:20pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
It Is Him wrote:So, is the price of a loose G1 Hardhead gonna shoot up or what?

Only the headless ones ;)

Hah! Funny you should mention that. That was one of the first things I looked for. LOL
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072414)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 8th, 2010 @ 3:50pm CDT
So uh, anyone wanna hook a brother up with a Universe Hardhead? ;) Pleeeease?
:BOT:
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072483)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 8th, 2010 @ 9:57pm CDT
Tirade wrote:

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with lego hands. And i appreciate the fact that they tried to go the extra mile, and let this little guy hold a gun...But, personally I'd rather a detailed headmaster just have nice looking fists rather than a big "U" for a hand. The shadow warrior's hands, whom I'm assuming is close in size, was more of what i was looking for. Unless I can manage to grab two, I imagine mine will be on top of Hardhead anyway.
Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead! (1072498)
Posted by Tirade on May 8th, 2010 @ 11:47pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:
Tirade wrote:

Well, if the shadow warrior is around a minibot's size (maybe a bit smaller), he would still be larger than a headmaster. Unless the Hothead custom is a huge headmaster, which wouldn't seem so based on the various pics, he will be smaller. When you are dealing with that scale, every little bit counts. I, for one, actually like the open fist better. I think it looks more realistic when holding weapons. It might look a little silly when he isn't holding one, but that's okay. I think the detail (based on the early pics) is incredible.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Megatron & Grimlock - NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY