iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver?

iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver?

Thursday, March 31st, 2011 8:50am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,546

If you've been anxiously awaiting the release of iGear's Kup01 head replacement set, the wait's almost over. They are set to start shipping in the next few days, and it looks like they are throwing in a little bonus! In addition to the two new heads (cygar & cygar-less) and the storage box, they are also throwing in a mini screwdriver for added convenience! They've added the images mirrored below to their facebook page.

Credit(s): iGear

Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202889)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on March 31st, 2011 @ 9:02am CDT
Can't wait. This is an awesome little add-on, which, like Fansproject's Sidearm, makes Crazy Devy look like a bunch of greedy pigs.
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202892)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on March 31st, 2011 @ 9:05am CDT
Best news Ive heard all day! the screwdriver is an awesome touch, very cool.
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202897)
Posted by --B-- on March 31st, 2011 @ 9:10am CDT
Pr1meSuspect wrote:I mean seriously, who would settle with the lame Hasbro head over the cygar IDW head?

Me. I want my Kup to be old, not young. I don't read the comics, so the original head is fine for me, and I think I may be the only TF fan on the planet that thinks the "cy-gar" is stupid.
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202913)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 31st, 2011 @ 9:42am CDT
Hah, that's cool, installation tool included.

So if these are shipping soon from iGear, will BBTS be getting their stock soon? I have a PoL ready to ship and this is the last item I'm waiting for. I wasn't going to wait because the Arrival Date said May, but if it's sooner I can.
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202914)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 31st, 2011 @ 9:42am CDT
ME: "That's a lot of head!"

ME TOO: "Yes, yes, very amusing...."

ME: "Why thank you."

ME TOO: "Idiot."

Now I REALLY need to decide which version I should put this on, Generations or United?
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202919)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 31st, 2011 @ 9:47am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Hah, that's cool, installation tool included.

I've just received an email from Kapow Toys saying they're expecting to take delivery of this set within the next week and a half, and they're usually one of the last retailers to get stock. I should imagine BBTS will be getting theirs very soon.
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202924)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 31st, 2011 @ 9:53am CDT
Just paid for my Generations Kup from BBTS this morning when I saw the news on FB! Should have Kup's new head in my grubby mitts sometime next week I hope!
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202925)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 31st, 2011 @ 9:56am CDT
--B-- wrote:

Weirdo!! :P
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202953)
Posted by Optimist_Prime on March 31st, 2011 @ 11:05am CDT
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202956)
Posted by Andrius on March 31st, 2011 @ 11:14am CDT
Optimist_Prime wrote:This screwdriver thing kinda pisses me off a little. I think igear could have probably brought this set to about $10 without it. I don't know about all the other members here, but I have multiple sets of precision screwdrivers.

1) I'm sure that screwdriver did not drive up the cost by two dollars.

2) 12 bucks for a third party product SHIPPED is a great price, even for a head, particularly in light of igear's normally exorbitant rates.
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202974)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 31st, 2011 @ 12:01pm CDT
--B-- wrote:

I think the majority of the people who think it is stupid haven't read Spotlight: Kup and therefor have no idea why it is even there.

That being said, I can't wait for mine =P~
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1202979)
Posted by rpetras on March 31st, 2011 @ 12:11pm CDT
I've got mine on preorder from iGear, just waiting for them!

Of course, I'll have to have Kup show up some time too .... OK I just shipped my PoL from BBTS :grin:

They should both show up soon.
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1203016)
Posted by UltraPrimal on March 31st, 2011 @ 1:39pm CDT
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1203018)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 31st, 2011 @ 1:44pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:I think this is stupid. The idea of the alternate, IDW-accurate head is good. But this is just so over-packaged it's stupid. It already comes in this huge plastic box. Now we learn a big part of that is the little screwdriver. I just want the cy-gar head, and I think $16 is too much for a head. They could just slap the 1 head on a cardback and save me $10

It's technically two heads ;). Haha
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1203027)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 31st, 2011 @ 1:54pm CDT

The heads cost $12 shipped directly from Igear and the box is not huge, it fits in Kups bed in alt mode.
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1203028)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 31st, 2011 @ 1:59pm CDT
And I am kind of happy about the screwdriver. I was happy with two heads and a case shipped for 12 bucks. So the tool is just a perk. Especially since I don't have one the right size and struggled to get my Hardhead head off for the HR upgrade.
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1203039)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:14pm CDT
If anyone from 'igear' is reading this thread, please discard any complaints others have written, you guys won with this head replacement kit. Period.
:CON:
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1203237)
Posted by MGrotusque on March 31st, 2011 @ 8:39pm CDT
pretty classy move. well done i gear
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1203240)
Posted by Kibble on March 31st, 2011 @ 8:52pm CDT
I don't understand the complaints about the price or how it could've been cheaper...it's a 3rd party product shipped from overseas for $12! That's nothing. Overseas shipping alone is typically more than that. The Cliffjumper head costs $30 from BBTS. The Classics style head for Animated Arcee is $35. And neither of those prices include shipping.

$12 shipped! 'Nuff said...
Re: iGear's Kup01 Replacement Head Shipping Soon with a Screwdriver? (1203261)
Posted by MGrotusque on March 31st, 2011 @ 10:01pm CDT
Kibble wrote:$12 shipped! 'Nuff said...

Plus complimentary screwdriver at the last minute for those incase-you-don't-own-a-screwdriver type people.

As a Carpenter i find that well worth the 12 dollars. Hell. You have to buy a screwdriver kit that will cost 12 bucks by itself if you don't already own those tiny tiny ones to do the job for the price of this release.

It's like me buying a saw and it doesn't come with the tool that allows you to change the blade when it goes dull. It's just good etiquette.

Once again. Good work Igear.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON RATCHET WALGREEN'S DELUXE MISB VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Astrotrain Shockwave Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Earthrise Autobot Lot Bumblebee Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON sound wave SG24" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Optimus Prime - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures (E7112)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Soundwave - USED" on EBAY