Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint

Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint

Saturday, August 1st, 2009 12:28am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 20,144

The repaints keep pouring in. Earlier this month we saw images of a repaint of ROTF Voyager Mixmaster, under a color scheme reminiscent to his G1 namesake, and the figure also appears to have a new head mold.

More or less, San Diego Comic Con 2009 proved that the figure was not a fan creation, but in fact a figure that we'll be seeing in stores soon. Once again, GenZhao of KOtoys.com, also know as Ebay seller yayabeee, gives us images of this repainted figure.

Re: G1 Colour ROTF Mixmaster Toy Images
Re: G1 Colour ROTF Mixmaster Toy Images
Re: G1 Colour ROTF Mixmaster Toy Images
Re: G1 Colour ROTF Mixmaster Toy Images

For more images of this RotF Mixmaster repaint, you can check here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for your latest news and updates!

Credit(s): Real Devastator, GenZhao of KOtoys.com

This article was last modified on Saturday, August 1st, 2009 8:05am CDT

Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965807)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 1st, 2009 @ 12:35am CDT
Defiantly an improvement. Glad i held off on buying him.
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965810)
Posted by Grahf on August 1st, 2009 @ 12:37am CDT
I didn't think I could like Mixmaster any more than I already do, but I have just been proven wrong.
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965847)
Posted by FracturedKoi on August 1st, 2009 @ 1:37am CDT
Ol' Lefty...hehe...it's nice to see that Hasbro has a sense of humor, what with G1 Mixmaster being Devastator's left leg, after all xD
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965849)
Posted by Powersa on August 1st, 2009 @ 1:50am CDT
I like the grill and paint details. When I first saw the pictures of truck mode it looks like a cheap repaint almost KO standard, but the bot mode is better with more details imo.
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965852)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on August 1st, 2009 @ 2:08am CDT
I like the vehicle mode, but I'm concerned about the head in bot mode looking down in both pics. Hopefully this is not like Classic Ironhide all over again.
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965853)
Posted by llorractimus on August 1st, 2009 @ 2:09am CDT
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965857)
Posted by Blurrz on August 1st, 2009 @ 2:17am CDT
llorrac wrote:Why don't they combine to make Devestator... The small version looks stupid.. :-?

Small version? We have a Supreme Devastator...

A Devastator based off Voyager figures would just be freaking ridiculously large, heavy, and just not able to be sold. The Supreme Devastator is around $100. It would be even more if they altered it. Take into consideration safety measures as well. Kids wouldn't be playing with something bigger than Supreme Devastator...
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965867)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on August 1st, 2009 @ 2:51am CDT
Actually looks kind of cool, like if G1 Mixmaster was transported to the movie-vers and met his counterpart from that universe.
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965878)
Posted by Yamz on August 1st, 2009 @ 3:23am CDT
I like G1 color mixmaster head over his ROTF plain color head. My only downside to the g1 version is clearer visibility of his feet? claws? through the windshield, compared to ROTF paint scheme, but even so, i would not bash him just for something I can fix with possibly black paint, or black electrical tape :lol:
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965879)
Posted by LiKwid on August 1st, 2009 @ 3:25am CDT
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965882)
Posted by Blurrz on August 1st, 2009 @ 3:32am CDT
LiKwid wrote:Once again holding off on a figure pays off... Now gives us Rampage and Demolisher!!!

If the rest of the RotF individual constructicons(Demolisher and Rampage) get repainted in their G1 colours, I dear hope that they are a store exclusive box set. If I see them individually packaged in a wave or something, I'll have a fit. It will just be puke green all over the toy aisles, and It's not a good sight to see.
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965891)
Posted by Savage on August 1st, 2009 @ 4:12am CDT
Great repaint, though I too would have liked to see the big 'Con symbol left intact. Overall, I still like the original figure better, but this is a great piece for Geewunners. ;)
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965929)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 1st, 2009 @ 7:03am CDT
Blurrz wrote:

Small version? We have a Supreme Devastator...

I'd like to see a premium repaint with a metal colored faces, and then I'd consider buying a tonkaformer..at the listed price..

But I have to respectfully disagree with you Blurr, it could have been done..as for safety measures, they figured that out on superion and Bruticus, they could do it here as well.. and besides, if we are looking at safety, have you not seen the ROTF line?? good God!, all those kibble bits..I am afraid I'd choke sometimes.. :lol:
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965947)
Posted by Grahf on August 1st, 2009 @ 8:01am CDT
A little bit off topic, but has anyone else noticed the overabunant use of that rubbery plastic? I understand they use it as a safety measure, but, compare the Fallen to voyager ROTF Starscream. Fallen = soft plastic everywhere (minus the feet that could still take an eye out.

Starscream? Just the cannons on his forearms are just as long as the smokestacks on any of the recent leader Primes. Not to mention that Starscream's hand are made of a hard ridgid plastic and are shaped almost exactly like the Fallen's

Perhaps I'm just nitpicking, but I don't like those rubbery part. Before we know it all Transformers will be made out of that rubbery shit.
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965953)
Posted by prowl123 on August 1st, 2009 @ 8:35am CDT
He looks a lot better thn I had first thought. I will probably get him.
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (965954)
Posted by prowl123 on August 1st, 2009 @ 8:36am CDT
He looks a lot better thn I had first thought. I will probably get him.
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (966012)
Posted by jaws on August 1st, 2009 @ 9:37am CDT
Of course the G1 looks better than the pre-production movie version. BTW, both are transformed wrong, ie, legs and arms.

If I decide to get the G1 version, the first thing I plan to do is swap the drum panels between the two. That will give the G1 version the large Decepticon symbols, don't know why they used the red stripe instead.
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (966020)
Posted by Swiftpaw on August 1st, 2009 @ 9:44am CDT
My first thought, due to still being half asleep, was 'But that's not realistic colors!' ... But then I remember I've IRL -SEEN- Construction vehicles in 'saftey green'. Shame the toy vehicle mode isn't licensed so we can have the Mack-Cepticon Dog hood ornimant. B-)

Joking aside, I like it. The main improvement is that in using more colors his details (like the smokestack and tank 'harness') stand out more. His head stands out more too. In the end I like both schemes, one fits the 'realistic' nature of the movie line and the other for its homagey goodness.

Still wish they'd kept the giant symbol on the barrel though, that was awesome, and they display nicely on his arms as armor too. Most of the movie guys are so stealthy about the logos, but Mixmaster has it RIGHT out there like HELL YEAH I'M A DECEPTICON I'M GONNA KICK YER ASS! :twisted:

... Swap the panels. Not a bad idea....
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (966031)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 1st, 2009 @ 10:17am CDT
New headsculpt? Whaddya mean "new headsculpt"? It's the same head as before, just painted black w/ red eyes.
Re: Images of RotF Voyager Mixmaster G1-style Repaint (966089)
Posted by Blurrz on August 1st, 2009 @ 11:54am CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:as for the voyager Devastator idea.. well actually they wouldn't all be voyagers, only a couple of figures would be in that size class, others like the arms or legs for instance would be in deluxe.. so Hasbro could have figured the engineering out to do a proper Devastator figure, but I'm thinking that with time constraints, they were not able to get it done in time for the movie release.. or X-Mas.

Damnit Warpy, I'm not behind the idea because I'm not paying over $150 for something bigger than the Devastator that we already have. Also consider what the new class size would be... something bigger than Supreme right? Omega Class? God Class? The possibilities are endless, and once Devastator starts it, heck it'll never end.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "MOSC Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bisk Lobster Crab Car MISB" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster 2018 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Deluxe Class Cliffjumper (c)2011 TOMY  RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Bluestreak! War for Cybertron Walmart Exclusive Hasbro" on EBAY