In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron

In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 1:41pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,790

Following up last night's in-package images of Transformers Prime Voyager Wave 4's Ultra Magnus and Thundertron, site sponsor Robotkingdom has now shared a small gallery of in-hand images. Take a look below:

Re: In-Package Images Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron

Credit(s): Robotkingdom

This article was last modified on Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 3:04pm CDT

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419349)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 12th, 2012 @ 1:43pm CDT
So is it safe to assume the hammer locks?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419350)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 12th, 2012 @ 1:44pm CDT
If the hammer locks, that's awesome.

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419361)
Posted by craggy on September 12th, 2012 @ 1:59pm CDT
I hope some 3rd party or other is already making a good weapon for Thundertron, but even without one he's a definite buy. Magnus is very much Animated Magnus for a Classics collection, IMO, just like RTS Lugnut or Prime Bulkhead. That's not a bad thing, by any means, I love the hammer concept. Not 100% sold on the figure though. Not really liking the vehicle and robot mode is, yes, a bit bland looking.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419392)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on September 12th, 2012 @ 2:56pm CDT
Okay now I want Magnus
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419394)
Posted by Duke of Luns on September 12th, 2012 @ 2:58pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:My biggest gripe is the bland paint scheme on Magnus. It's not that impressive. Otherwise, I like them both.

Agreed. Normally I'm not picky about paint aps, but those smokestacks look naked. Eh, nothing a silver paint marker won't solve though...

Also, I know I said this earlier, but I really, really hope Thundertron pops up in the show. A pirate lion is just so random, it's intriguing.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419398)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 12th, 2012 @ 3:04pm CDT
Wow. Those look even worse out of the packaging.

Magnus is just straight, plain awful. Simplistic AND ugly. Yay.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419402)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 12th, 2012 @ 3:09pm CDT
Duke of Luns wrote:

You know what would be interesting? If he appeared in a sequel to Prime; Beast Hunters.

Probably not likely, but I still want to pick these two up. I'll have to do Hasbro's job again. :roll:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419403)
Posted by RAcast on September 12th, 2012 @ 3:10pm CDT
Magnus looks great, if lacking in the paint app department. Thundertron looks pretty interesting too, the more I look at him, the more of a Zero Jager/Schneider vibe I get from him, haha.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419410)
Posted by NTESHFT on September 12th, 2012 @ 3:20pm CDT
PASS AND PASS. Believe me, I'm not complaining.......more more for the "names we don't speak of" and Takara MP stuff... :D
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419432)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 12th, 2012 @ 4:16pm CDT
8-|...well I'll continue to wait for Takara to release images. So are we to expect the Hasbro version to have only 1 rocket/missile? :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419449)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 12th, 2012 @ 4:45pm CDT
Looking at them again... I think I am good just having "Arms Microns" Arcee. :lol:

Besides, right now, I am hoping to expand my Japanese Generation 1 collection in the future, not add obscure characters that have given me little to no enjoyment at this current time. >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419452)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 12th, 2012 @ 4:47pm CDT
buy on sights. if i ever see them.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419456)
Posted by Ironhide/Starscream on September 12th, 2012 @ 5:01pm CDT
Thundertron is reminding me of the Lion Zord from Power Rangers Wild Force...
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419461)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 12th, 2012 @ 5:09pm CDT
Ironhide/Starscream wrote:Thundertron is reminding me of the Lion Zord from Power Rangers Wild Force...

He actually reminds me more of Cybertron Snarl:

In case you're wondering, there is such thing called a maned wolf :P
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419464)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 12th, 2012 @ 5:18pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:So is it safe to assume the hammer locks?

There's a blue tab on the shaft of the laser that we can see in open and closed positions. Also the pictures show the hammer engaged without the spring removed. I for one am quite happy
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419471)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on September 12th, 2012 @ 5:50pm CDT
These figures could GREATLY benefit from a better paint job, or just more paint. Thundertron is definitely the better one out of the two, but they're both so bleh looking. I'll have to wait and watch reviews to see if they really seem that fun (poseable). Magnus could look amazing with a blue metallic paint all over him. Might need to contract some custom painting here ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419494)
Posted by Stockade on September 12th, 2012 @ 7:05pm CDT
WOW! I'm so glad i didnt get into TF: Prime line, these two are awful! I mean I'm not downing the whole line, there are some cool, good molds out there, but these need to do back to the drawing board and start over.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419508)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 12th, 2012 @ 7:29pm CDT
sweet i can expand my ultra magnus collection
and thundertron is cool wonder if there will be more star seeker toys
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419516)
Posted by xyl360 on September 12th, 2012 @ 7:46pm CDT
I don't know if it was mentioned yet (though I'm sure it was somewhere at some point), but I could totally see Thundertron repainted as Steeljaw and the current color scheme and bot mode kinda have a Tigerhawk vibe to them. He's a bit more 'Cybertron-y' than I'd like for a beast bot, but I'll still get him.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1419523)
Posted by OptiMagnus on September 12th, 2012 @ 8:02pm CDT
Now I've really got to have both of them. The photoshopped pictures we first saw, as usual, didn't do them justice.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Microblaze Creations MBC002 Military Titans FOC Bruticus CUSTOM" on EBAY
Buy "ROADBLOCK GUN SET - PRETENDERS TRANSFORMERS G1 VINTAGE 1989 HASBRO FIGURE PARTS" on EBAY
Buy "ROADBLOCK WING GUN - PRETENDERS TRANSFORMERS G1 VINTAGE 1989 HASBRO FIGURE PARTS" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS  DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH LASERBEAK 2010 MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Dotm Jolt Deluxe Class Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers LASERBEAK DARK OF THE MOON New in Package " on EBAY