Saturday, May 28th, 2016 2:47pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 47,566

Also from the same Hasbro Taiwan-TFND hands-on event, we get a closer look at some figures we saw announced at BotCon 2016 (galleries to be found here!): the San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Titan Force Box Set, featuring triple changer Voyager Sentinel Prime in clear orange plastic (resurrection will do that to you), the new Robots in Disguise Windblade in new colours, and new Titans Return Brainstorm. Check them out below!

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Titans Force Set Thread

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Titans Force Set Thread

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Titans Force Set Thread

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Titans Force Set Thread

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Titans Force Set Thread

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Titans Force Set Thread

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Titans Force Set Thread

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Titans Force Set Thread

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Titans Force Set Thread

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Titans Force Set Thread

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Titans Force Set Thread

Credit(s): TFND

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 21st, 2016 1:13pm CDT

Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793298)
Posted by BumbleDouche on May 28th, 2016 @ 3:40pm CDT
The colour scheme on that Windblade... :SICK:
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793299)
Posted by LE0KING on May 28th, 2016 @ 3:43pm CDT
That blue windblade is the only figure I want of those three, and only because I can pretend it is a different character.
If I knew anyone going, I would try to go in on this set together.
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793300)
Posted by Lucky Logician on May 28th, 2016 @ 3:44pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:Image

Am I the only person that thinks this looks bad and should feel bad for being an SDCC exclusive? It is a giant orange brick with almost no paint or stickers. If Hasbro was really wanting to make sure that Reprolabels stays in business, this is how to do it.

EDIT - I know the SDCC one is actually the translucent one. But my point remains. While I applaud Hasbro saving me money by not having to buy 3rd party toys, they are killing me by what I'm going to have to pay in stickers to make their toys pretty.
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793301)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 28th, 2016 @ 3:54pm CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:Image

It is pretty... well, something, the renders made it look so much nicer, I'm actually changing my mind about him, he will likely be a pass :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793305)
Posted by Broadside27 on May 28th, 2016 @ 4:10pm CDT
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793306)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 28th, 2016 @ 4:13pm CDT
Broadside27 wrote:I really hope Reprolabels/Toyhax has a sticker set ready for Sentinel Prime because he needs some serious help in his spaceship and train modes. What a shame, it's a good mold too.

It's a great mold, and a (finally) unique character that is actually interesting, as well as cool visually - dat headsculpt :shock:

Which makes it doubly disappointing that he looks so... garish, he definitely needed some paint apps, but I guess Hasbro didn't want to use any on the TR figures >:oP
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793308)
Posted by Va'al on May 28th, 2016 @ 4:17pm CDT
Despite having written the post... I just noticed this:

What we saw at BotCon...

...is not what just showed up.

Is it possible that this is an unfinished set, and the final SDCC one is the BotCon display? :-?
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793313)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 28th, 2016 @ 4:24pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:Despite having written the post... I just noticed this:

What we saw at BotCon...

...is not what just showed up.

Well, that's clearly translucent in the pic at botcon, but some of the plastic shades do look a little off, you're right :-?
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793321)
Posted by Va'al on May 28th, 2016 @ 4:37pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:Despite having written the post... I just noticed this:

What we saw at BotCon...

...is not what just showed up.

Oh, never mind, I just clicked, again. First photo below is regular Hasbro, second is SDCC translucent version. #-o

Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793323)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 28th, 2016 @ 4:40pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:Despite having written the post... I just noticed this:

What we saw at BotCon...

...is not what just showed up.

True, but this (newest one)

is definitely different from this (botcon)

Maybe it was just a lighting thing?
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793326)
Posted by Va'al on May 28th, 2016 @ 4:46pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:True, but this (newest one)

is definitely different from this (botcon)

Maybe it was just a lighting thing?

Probably, yes. Very bright cold vs warm yellowish light.
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793327)
Posted by steals_your_goats on May 28th, 2016 @ 4:49pm CDT
I was going to pass on this set at first but being able to see the different sentinel versions next to each other helped change my mind. I like the translucent plastics a lot more than i did originally.
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793329)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on May 28th, 2016 @ 4:53pm CDT
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793334)
Posted by Darth Zax on May 28th, 2016 @ 5:03pm CDT
grimdragon2001 wrote:is it just me, or does the new Brainstorm not look quite as good as the Voyager we already got in vehicle mode?

It looks like Blurr with wings :p
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793335)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 28th, 2016 @ 5:08pm CDT
Darth Zax wrote:

It looks like Blurr with wings :p

It is..
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793336)
Posted by Darth Zax on May 28th, 2016 @ 5:10pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Darth Zax wrote:

It looks like Blurr with wings :p

It is..

Yes, I know. But I meant all I can see is Blurr with wings.
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793338)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 28th, 2016 @ 5:16pm CDT
Darth Zax wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Darth Zax wrote:

It looks like Blurr with wings :p

It is..

Yes, I know. But I meant all I can see is Blurr with wings.

I know, so can I, something to do with psychology and seeing things first, and knowing that it's blurr with wings... Also, the nose, trunk, and cabin do have a distinct whiff of blurr about them on brainstorm :-?
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793345)
Posted by LE0KING on May 28th, 2016 @ 6:01pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Darth Zax wrote:

It looks like Blurr with wings :p

It is..

Even so, the retool game is strong in this one. Imagine if hasbro had done this with trailbreaker and hoist a few years back. Or Megatron and dreadwing. They are putting a bit more effort into diversifying their repaints and I think it's fantastic. ;)^
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793372)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 28th, 2016 @ 9:38pm CDT
LE0KING wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Darth Zax wrote:

It looks like Blurr with wings :p

It is..

Well, to be fair, the nosecone is detachable, so 'changing' it is about as hard as it is to change the heads on these figures ;)

But, I agree, they have steeped up their retool game - this is a good thing
Re: In-Hand - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive Transformers Titan Force Set #HasbroSDCC (1793383)
Posted by Genericon on May 28th, 2016 @ 10:42pm CDT
That Brainstorm. Oh my. ;)^

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Titans Return Transformers Scourge Rippersnapper Highbrow Twinferno New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 WRECK-GAR Lot For Parts With Gun, Vintage Takara 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G19 Hunter ratchet" on EBAY