Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube

Transformers News: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube

Friday, October 27th, 2017 8:16AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Tyrannacon   Views: 17,721

For those who liked it or those who are just gluttons for their own self-punishment, Hasbro has posted the full Combiner Wars series on their YouTube for viewing if you need to be reminded of this chapter of the Prime Wars trilogy before the impending return of part two of the series with Titans Return. Click the image below to be forwarded to YouTube to watch all 8 episodes of the Combiner Wars series. Titans Return is scheduled to be released in November.

Transformers News: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube
Credit(s): Hasbro's YouTube

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918587)
Posted by Rated X on October 27th, 2017 @ 8:43am CDT
True. I might have to grab it.
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918589)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2017 @ 8:55am CDT
Rated X wrote:True. I might have to grab it.
I'll light a candle for ya.
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918593)
Posted by o.supreme on October 27th, 2017 @ 9:42am CDT
Nope, after last year I don't need another reminder. watching TR I anticipate will be hard enough. If they would have edited it all together into a single 40 minute video, I might watch it again on a lunch break at work, or if I absolutely had nothing better to do, but nope...not going to do it.
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918597)
Posted by PrymeStriker on October 27th, 2017 @ 10:28am CDT
Yikes, this made news? :SICK:
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918599)
Posted by YoungPrime on October 27th, 2017 @ 10:37am CDT
Thanks for the warning, I'll definitely steer clear of it.
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918604)
Posted by Yet.Another.Autobot on October 27th, 2017 @ 12:04pm CDT
Even the Mortal Kombat franchise had a few hiccups (I am referring to MK4), but they learned from their errors to make even better games afterwards.

Why wouldn't Hasbro or Machinima not do the same? And with modern media-tech like boards like this, it is even easier to listen to the criticisms and learn from us, the Fans who support their projects.

I won't deny that Combiner Wars had it's issues; far from it! But does it really need to be as reviled as some fans make it out to be?
I say "No".
At least they made it to begin with, to be critiqued and appreciated by the Fans that enjoy Transformers.

And now they have the ability to use Titan's Return to give us all another story and show us if they have learned from Combiner Wars.

I am legitimately looking forward to watching Combiner Wars in one shot to make it easier to compare with the future Titan's Return story.
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918617)
Posted by o.supreme on October 27th, 2017 @ 1:59pm CDT
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918622)
Posted by Randomhero on October 27th, 2017 @ 2:24pm CDT
I picked up the Target exclusive for the bonus CW “movie” and eh...it’s grown on me. Aside from the story the frame rate was my biggest gripe and after rewatching it on the bluray it didn’t look as choppy.
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918625)
Posted by Randomhero on October 27th, 2017 @ 2:27pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:ok..., so I was completely unaware that the CW series was a bonus on the Target exclusive of TLK. Is the series terrible? Sure, but as a completest, I'd like to have it on DVD. Does anyone know if it is in the 8 separate chapters, or is it edited as a single presentation?...It irritates me a bit that things like this are not universal. I don't want to have to compare 20 different versions of a single films media release just to "pick and choose" which bonus content I want.. :BANG_HEAD: .

It’s not on it’s own disc it’s a bonus feature in the second disc. If you’re a die hard fan and you are just watch it. It’s 40 minutes.

The story in a nutshell is the war is over and cybertron is run by rodimus, mistress flame and starscream and Combiners are fighting...because. They apparently destroy Caminus and windblade wants to kill Combiners and the council...becuase. The council wants to use the enigma to end the combiner wars by creating more Combiners with the enigma...yeah. Optimus and Megatron join windblade in stopping the council using the enigma...becuase and then it goes to migraine territory.

It’s pretty ridiculous and makes no sense but hey, G1 cartoon and Megatron is pretty awesome in it.
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918627)
Posted by o.supreme on October 27th, 2017 @ 2:34pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:Knowing what you enjoy from your posts you might find some fun in it. That’s not a dig that’s a compliment. Like I just said just I rewatched it and it’s not the worst thing ever.

Thanks for the response. I've seen the series, from day one when it first was on go90 over a year ago, so I'm familiar with it. I just like collecting things on DVD/BRD, that are part of my overall interests even if they are terrible.

Honestly I was not happy with Combiner Wars, simply because Combiners are my favorite part of the whole TF mythology, and this In my opinion, did them a great disservice.

I know its overall length is roughly 40 mins, but is the bonus content on the Target DVD shown as a single installment, or 8 separate chapters??

I purchased just the standard TLK DVD/BRD/Digital combo ($20) on release day, but wasn't aware the Target version had this. I don't want to purchase another whole copy just for this, but if I could somehow get the bonus DVD by itself, that would be good enough.
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918631)
Posted by Randomhero on October 27th, 2017 @ 2:52pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Oh my bad I thought you meant you hadn’t seen it.

Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1918693)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2017 @ 10:33pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:Like I said it’s just a bonus feature. When I got it and opened it I said “where the disc?!” Becuase it said on the cover target exclusive bonus disc but it’s not. it’s actually just a feature on the standard bonus disc and to my knowledge the other retail versions had a second disc. Maybe I’m wrong.
You still haven't answered his question. Is it presented as one single "movie" edited together, or as the eight individual chapters that it was originally released as online?
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1919092)
Posted by Va'al on October 31st, 2017 @ 3:27am CDT
We have a new poster for the upcoming Transformers animated series sequel to Combiner Wars, produced between Hasbro and Machinima once more, and featuring a revamped cast for almost all the characters involved: Titans Return is about to strike! The poster, mirrored below from the Machinima Facebook page, features Metroplex and the name of its voice actor, Nolan North, much like the previous one we newsed of Emissary and Jason David Frank - teased as being ready to fight Trypticon. Check it out below, and join us in waiting for the series as it streams for US audiences on the go90 app, and possibly the rest of the world on one of the official YouTube channels, as of November 14th.

[quote]Watch Metroplex take on Trypticon in Transformers: Titans Return only on go90 11/14.[/quote]

Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1919093)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 31st, 2017 @ 3:31am CDT
This is either some generic building or Fort Max :-?
<!-- ia0 -->IMG_20171031_082953.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1919096)
Posted by Deadput on October 31st, 2017 @ 4:40am CDT
You can see how bad the animation is going to be from this poster or at the very least it's very low rez.

Horrible poster regardless with the lack of scale and bad presentation but unlike many others I'll be giving the sequel a chance even if the first is probably the worst transformers screen media.
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1919122)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 31st, 2017 @ 10:36am CDT
I like Nolan as a voice actor, so I'm hoping his Metroplex voice goes good.
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1919137)
Posted by o.supreme on October 31st, 2017 @ 11:13am CDT
Just out of pure speculation.....and based on last years CW series.

I'm guessing that in the first episode there will be an *epic* battle between Metroplex & Trypticon (by epic I mean the battle between Menasor and Computron) ;) , that will result in Metroplex either being severely damaged, or destroyed. The entire middle of the series will have Windblade, Optimus, and Megatron looking for Emissary, while Trypticon runs amok on Cybertron Godzilla style, he might even stomp a few combiners along the way. Eventually at some point, maybe even the last episode, Fortress Maximus will show up and defeat Trypticon.

I'm really hoping this isn't the case but....if it does go down this way, just remember...

37 second mark

Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1919141)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 31st, 2017 @ 11:17am CDT
:shock:

That... That sounds extremely plausible.

Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1919147)
Posted by Kurona on October 31st, 2017 @ 11:29am CDT
The Titans Return! ... in the last 5 minutes :lol:
Re: Machinima Combiner Wars Series Available in Full on YouTube (1919153)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 31st, 2017 @ 11:37am CDT
Kurona wrote:The Titans Return! ... in the last 5 minutes :lol:

Nah, that's when the power of the primes will save the day and set up the final part of the trilogy!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Wave 4 Case - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 32 minutes 3 seconds
Gen 1 Transformers "Hot Spot" - Time Remaining: 6 days 34 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers: "Wheeljack" 1st Generation (Incomplete) - Time Remaining: 12 days 21 hours 34 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Energon OPTIMUS PRIME & MEGATRON New Robots In Disguise Powerlinx - Time Remaining: 2 days 35 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evasion Edition Premium Scale - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 39 minutes 7 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE WARRIOR CLASS STRONGARM FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 40 minutes 58 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG 33 Highbrow - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 45 minutes 21 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG 34 Mindwipe - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 49 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent