Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa

Transformers News: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 2:01AM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Press Releases, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 72,787

So what has fan favorite artist Don Figueroa been up to since taking his leave of absence from the Transformers universe? He's been busy developing an all new comic and mecha toy-line! We just received the press kit for his next big project, ARMARAUDERS, a new action figure toy-line by Mecha Workshop with comic tie-in. The comics will be free to view on-line, and will also be published in conjunction with the toy-line. The mecha figures will be highly detailed, well articulated and customizable. See the press release, comic, concept art, and toy prototypes below!

Visit the Mecha Workshop website by clicking here.

Click here to visit the Armarauders facebook page.

Credit(s): Mecha Workshop

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355688)
Posted by DISCHARGE on March 7th, 2012 @ 2:13am CST
That project looks stunning. Can't wait to see more.
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355690)
Posted by Burn on March 7th, 2012 @ 2:17am CST
Armored Core Don style?

Looks promising that's for sure.
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355693)
Posted by Torgon02 on March 7th, 2012 @ 2:27am CST
The whole style reminds me of Heavy Gear

and Den from Battle Angel Alita

The figure looks to be about Human Alliance scale so the robot will be pretty good sized. plus they transform and combine? looks good
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355695)
Posted by PM Longstacks on March 7th, 2012 @ 2:37am CST
And I thought my wallet could breathe a sigh of relief after having purchased Hercules. It ain't Transformers but it's going to be fun as hell to play with!
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355697)
Posted by rpetras on March 7th, 2012 @ 3:04am CST
Holy WOWzers!

WANT!!!!
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355699)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 7th, 2012 @ 3:22am CST
Man, I've been waiting for over a year to finally see the full figure reveal on this.

I think I'll get a few of these depending on price of course. Should be fun building these.

But, "website currently under construction" is not exactly the kind of message you want displayed on launch day....
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355706)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on March 7th, 2012 @ 4:00am CST
I have to say I'm pretty happy for Don, after the Titanium line kinda, butchered his awesome designs finally someone steps in and does them justice. :grin:
Looking forward to they have in store for us. Just to be sure though, this might be a dumb question but, Seibertron's gonna keep up with all the Mecha Workshop news right? and it's not just for the launch? I'd definitely like them to, but I'm just checking to see if I should like, expect more articles on them here or if I should check elsewhere. :oops:
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355708)
Posted by robotmel on March 7th, 2012 @ 4:46am CST

:D
Hello Warpath!!! ;)

I can see some of these getting worked over as a custom ala Don's renderings of his recent run on Transformers ongoing!?
All those RI covers of of single characters look so much like these Mechs! :-?
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355709)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 7th, 2012 @ 5:02am CST
robotmel wrote:
:D
Hello Warpath!!! ;)

This is it's robot-mode:

No amount of modding will bake a decent Warpath out of a centaur.

They look similar in style due to Don having been working on these for almost two years, basically the TF stuff he's done is just prototype stuff for this.
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355716)
Posted by robotmel on March 7th, 2012 @ 6:18am CST
Dead Metal wrote:
This is it's robot-mode:

No amount of modding will bake a decent Warpath out of a centaur.

Nooooo, I should have made my post a little clearer!

I only drew an obvious comparison to Generations Warpath and the that rendering of Don's, one might say he actually borrowed from Hasbro on that one? :-$

But yeah, you can clearly see Don's way of thinking with those Mech's and his TF work.
If i could lay my hands on a pic of Don's transformers covers, especially the ones of Hotrod I'd post it for a side by side viewing? :-B
Ooh, try this one!? :-?
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355717)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 7th, 2012 @ 6:20am CST
So are these model kits or action figures? They look awesome but I'd never have the time to assemble one if they're models.
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355725)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on March 7th, 2012 @ 6:49am CST
They won't be model kits; they'll be actual, produced, action figures.

It has been soooo hard for me to keep my mouth shut about this project, as I've been "in" on it for almost a year now. :-$

If you like what you see here, you haven't seen anything yet :-)
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355727)
Posted by Mykltron on March 7th, 2012 @ 6:52am CST
El Duque wrote:The comics will be free to view on-line, and will also be published in conjunction with the toy-line.

Learn from this, Hasbro.
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355733)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 7th, 2012 @ 7:17am CST
don. the peoples champ
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355737)
Posted by Forgotten on March 7th, 2012 @ 7:40am CST
Gundam, Macross & Full Metal Panic would like to have a word with you about the designs, i'm sure. :michaelbay:
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355755)
Posted by Optimus1138 on March 7th, 2012 @ 8:50am CST
This looks pretty awesome! I suppose the toys will be expensive, but I so want some.
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355759)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 7th, 2012 @ 9:16am CST
Jaw droppingly amazing. Looks like MECH just found some new tech. ;)
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355760)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 7th, 2012 @ 9:17am CST
Love the designs. The figures will probably be awesome, but expensive. I already spend more money than I should on TFs.
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355761)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 7th, 2012 @ 9:24am CST
Black Bumblebee wrote:They won't be model kits; they'll be actual, produced, action figures.

If you like what you see here, you haven't seen anything yet :-)

Well, I'm in. Please take my money, I don't want it.
Seriously, how produced are we talking? Stores? Online Retailer? Internal shop? I can already tell they're crazy articulated and have tiny parts. Something mass-market usually eschews.

Pricing would be nice too.

Also, will we be getting to follow this here or have to find a separate site? :sad:
3rd party transforming toys are one thing but this is an entirely separate franchise with only a tangential connection.
Re: Mecha Workshop's ARMARAUDERS by Don Figueroa (1355764)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 7th, 2012 @ 9:36am CST
Dead Metal wrote:
This is it's robot-mode:

No amount of modding will bake a decent Warpath out of a centaur.

Actually, I would like to see more inhuman and out there transformers.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer