Saturday, January 17th, 2015 6:39am CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 53,589

We have been treating it with uncertainty so far, since our first reporting of the news, but multiple Seibertronians, discussion threads, news sources and the official Hasbro Twitter account appear to confirm that the toy company and Netflix have indeed not reached an agreement for the continuation of several of their series. Relevant to our interests, Transformers: Prime, Beast Hunters, Rescue Bots and G1 will all be removed as a result - read more on this below, and head here for a full piece.

Netflix is dropping “My Little Pony” and “Transformers” from its streaming service next month after a failure to come to terms with Hasbro Studios on a new deal.

Other shows coming off on Feb. 2 are “G.I. Joe,” “Pound Puppies” and “Chuck and Friends.” Netflix began carrying Hasbro’s content in 2012.

A Netflix spokeswoman told TheWrap she couldn’t give details about the deal, but added, “Netflix has such a broad set of content that no one vendor accounts for a significant amount of viewing on a consistent basis.”

Credit(s): Hasbro News, The Wrap, Netflix

Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640171)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 17th, 2015 @ 10:22am CST
:HEADHURTS:
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640174)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 17th, 2015 @ 10:28am CST
Ultra Markus wrote:i just looked at my list and they only removed G1 transformers and GI JOE prime and rescue bots are still there however it appears you can still get the discs for all seasons of transformers by mail
The news post says February 2nd. Today is January 17th.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640178)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 17th, 2015 @ 10:39am CST

Put them on You Tube.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640185)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on January 17th, 2015 @ 10:47am CST
Why do I get the feeling that even though Netflix seems to be coming across like the bad guy in this it is actually Hasbro that is creating the issue and is playing hardball in the negotiations? They say they are "committed to ensuring access" but at just how steep a price? The company already makes a sh**-ton of money, are they deciding now that they want to achieve the same level of avarice as Disney? It sure seems like it these days. If that is how they wish to play then I'm more than happy to say "Screw 'em" and resort to piracy until they learn a fair amount of humility.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640190)
Posted by Rated X on January 17th, 2015 @ 10:56am CST
Ive never used netflix in my life. Screw em.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640199)
Posted by Skyfire77 on January 17th, 2015 @ 11:31am CST
And this is why I buy only physical media. >:oP
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640211)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 17th, 2015 @ 12:40pm CST
Yes, the deal applies only to the streaming service, meaning you won't be able to watch it on the website.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640225)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on January 17th, 2015 @ 1:14pm CST
Quite frankly I think they shouldn't cost much at all, since at heart (even though I love them) they are commercials.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640264)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on January 17th, 2015 @ 2:40pm CST
Skyfire77 wrote:And this is why I buy only physical media. >:oP

I also only buy physical, but that has nothing to do with this, this is about a streaming rental service. You don't buy anything from Netflix.

Sabrblade wrote:
The news post says February 2nd. Today is January 17th.

Most of the stuff got removed Jan 1st, there's only a few things left, those must be what's gone on Feb 2.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640280)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 17th, 2015 @ 3:33pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
The news post says February 2nd. Today is January 17th.

then why is G1 transformers removed from the list as of today?
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640288)
Posted by steve2275 on January 17th, 2015 @ 3:57pm CST
wow
i guess my 40th birthday is gonna suck :lol:
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640299)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 17th, 2015 @ 4:06pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
The news post says February 2nd. Today is January 17th.

then why is G1 transformers removed from the list as of today?
G1 and Beast Wars were removed as of January 1st.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640413)
Posted by NassaDane on January 17th, 2015 @ 11:39pm CST
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640601)
Posted by Peridot on January 18th, 2015 @ 5:44pm CST
NassaDane wrote:That's why there still is internet where you can just watch all of that for free...I never understood why people would be like "well I can't watch my show cause it's not on netfilx" when everything is a click away. A bunch of slaves to neflix that's it.

...Because some people don't want to illegally download children's cartoons, of all things? This is why I dislike internet pirates. They're all obnoxiously entitled.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640867)
Posted by Skyfire77 on January 19th, 2015 @ 12:45pm CST
Optimum Supreme wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:And this is why I buy only physical media. >:oP

You've missed my point (though I might not have been clear). I will only buy shows on physical media, and don't get the appeal of streaming services at all.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1640906)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 19th, 2015 @ 2:51pm CST
Skyfire77 wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:And this is why I buy only physical media. >:oP

The appeal of streaming is that it's like watching TV but at anytime you want, any show/movie you want (if available), doesn't take up space on your DVR, and doesn't sit around collecting dust on your DVD shelf.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1641030)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 19th, 2015 @ 11:30pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:And this is why I buy only physical media. >:oP

And if you don't like the program you streamed, you don't have to deal with it any longer, unlike a DVD you buy that turns out to be boring, lame, etc.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1641076)
Posted by AutoBorst on January 20th, 2015 @ 7:04am CST
"We're committed to ensuring that ppl can access our shows anytime & anywhere. We're hopeful we can continue to offer them on Netflix in U.S." aka Netflix wouldn't pay us the additional amount we feel we deserve, so we said "Screw your fans then."
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1642407)
Posted by Skyfire77 on January 23rd, 2015 @ 11:32am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:And this is why I buy only physical media. >:oP

Perhaps, but I can rip my DVDs and put them on my tablet. Also, DVDs don't stop working just because the licensor or licensee gets into a snit.
Re: Netflix and Hasbro Not Reaching Agreement, Transformers Series Removed From Streaming Service (1643137)
Posted by Duke of Luns on January 25th, 2015 @ 10:55pm CST
Skyfire77 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:And this is why I buy only physical media. >:oP

Gonna second physical media being preferable. Another plus to physical media is that it doesn't need to buffer/decline in quality if bandwith or some other internet lingo goes down. And you can actually let someone borrow it too. Oh yeah, collecting movies and TV shows is fun!

However, I occasionally stream stuff, and unfortunately not everything is available on physical media.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Thundercracker near complete in good condition not reissue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow" on EBAY
Buy "Mint Used Decepticon Berserker, Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Blue Boat VHTF Retired" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Daca Toys Kronos" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader DOUBLEDEALER  NIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide" on EBAY