New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images

New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images

Sunday, January 15th, 2012 11:56pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 55,225

Courtesy of the Fans Toys weibo page we have some new renders of their third-party G1 style Soundwave, FT-02 Acoustic Wave. The figure appears to be highly detailed and based on the previously seen prototypes will be around Masterpiece scale. The renders also reveal Laserbeak/Buzzsaw with silhouettes of Rumble/Frenzy and Ravage. Check out the images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Fans Toys

This article was last modified on Monday, January 16th, 2012 1:01am CST

Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334330)
Posted by Mkall on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:01am CST
That's incredibly gorgeous. but scale-wise has no place in my collection.
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334339)
Posted by metaphorge on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:35am CST
Yum. Instant purchase if it turns out like the renders. Now someone needs to tackle an MP-style & -sized G1 Shockwave.
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334341)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:44am CST
Ug.....my brain is wetting it's pants and my wallet is starting to wimper. I agree, this is an instant buy as long as the price isn't absurd (ie 100$ for 1 constructicon..)
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334343)
Posted by Rated X on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:52am CST
Screw MP size !!!

Please make it between voyager and deluxe !!! :CON:
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334349)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 16th, 2012 @ 1:07am CST
Nice. This looks really awesome. I'm sure I won't be able to afford it, but I guess I can dream.
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334357)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 16th, 2012 @ 1:29am CST
I hope the real thing is more like the prototype and less like this render, I don't think he needs that much detail, especially if they wanna keep it like, really cartoon accurate.
Also I'll be mighty impressed if their Rumble, Frenzy and Ravage can do the poses the renders are doing. :grin:
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334361)
Posted by feeiq90 on January 16th, 2012 @ 2:15am CST
while i do appreciate the extra detail on him,i prefer his earlier prototype pics..gotta admit dis one looks more "busy"...oh n it seems it has MP10's articulation ;)
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334364)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 16th, 2012 @ 3:07am CST
It's nice, but knowing what I know I won't buy it, well unless they shrink it down to be Voyager sized.
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334367)
Posted by necr0blivion on January 16th, 2012 @ 3:16am CST
Glad it's not deluxe/voyager, already have Music Label Soundwave, Sonicron, WFC Soundwave, and Cybertron Soundwave if I needed the hole fixed. Great design, and cassettes to command!

So, what's FT-01? Blaster?
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334368)
Posted by dinogeist on January 16th, 2012 @ 3:16am CST
I like it,if it turns out well in the final release stages. then i might buy it. BTW,I love the $27 usa ultra size scale.
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334369)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 16th, 2012 @ 3:20am CST
Rated X wrote:Screw MP size !!!

Please make it between voyager and deluxe !!! :CON:

Exaaaaactly! ;)^ :VEHI:
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334377)
Posted by tekering on January 16th, 2012 @ 3:54am CST
These designs are absolutely Masterpiece level, so of course they're to scale with all the new MP figures (like MP-10, the iGear/MP seekers and Hot Rodimus). "Acoustic Wave" -- and hopefully that Blaster as well -- will hold a place of honor on my Masterpiece shelf. Perfect scale! Perfect! :APPLAUSE:
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334379)
Posted by Mykltron on January 16th, 2012 @ 4:10am CST
They've changed the hips, which doesn't look quite as good when he's just standing but probably makes posing look better. This may be an expensive year for 3rd party products.
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334386)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 16th, 2012 @ 4:39am CST
(What was FT-01?)
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334391)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 16th, 2012 @ 4:52am CST
Chaoslock wrote:(What was FT-01?)

The large MP Prime trailer from a few years back.
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334423)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 16th, 2012 @ 7:19am CST
Dead Metal wrote:It's nice, but knowing what I know I won't buy it....

You're not going to share, are you? The evilness of it. :sad:

It's a great looking figure. I agree that there's perhaps too much detail but that sort of thing is usually masked once in colour. Am I right in thinking that Buzzsaw's/Laserbeak's cannons are integrated into the transformation? That'd be just shiny. A shame that it's MasterPiece scale as I don't yet have the funds to start that collection.
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334428)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 16th, 2012 @ 7:27am CST
Sodan-1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:It's nice, but knowing what I know I won't buy it....

You're not going to share, are you? The evilness of it. :sad:

I can't I'm not allowed to, but I'll say this, this won't be the only Soundwave in that scale.
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334431)
Posted by metaphorge on January 16th, 2012 @ 7:38am CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:It's nice, but knowing what I know I won't buy it....

You're not going to share, are you? The evilness of it. :sad:

Ah, the more the merrier. Wonder if we're talking dueling third parties (a la Devastator) or if Takara has something up their transleeves.

I'm sure your sooper sekrit source will flay you if you reveal any more, so I won't needle you too much for more info....
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334436)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on January 16th, 2012 @ 8:11am CST
What the??? Why are so many of you begging for it to be a Deluxe size? There's like 5 versions of Deluxe size INCLUDING the G1 original. Seems 90% of the MP releases are redecos, I'd much rather have him MP scale. :CON:
Re: New FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave Images (1334442)
Posted by rpetras on January 16th, 2012 @ 8:53am CST
I like it but only time will tell if I get it.

I'm in wait and see mode.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Powerglide Legends Figure MOSC New!! RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger Transformers Combiner Wars Loose 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro - Transformers Generations - Combiner Wars - Trailbreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS - Generations Combiner Wars -AUTOBOT HOUND Figure -Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2016 Beast Wars Terrorsaur Combiner Exclusive New Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron Class Impactor Autobot Decepticon" on EBAY