New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys!

New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys!

Saturday, October 17th, 2009 10:01am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 30,044

Fellow Transformers fansite TFormers have gotten their hands on photos of new upcoming Transormers Revenge of the Fallen N.E.S.T. and main line toys from Hasbro.
There are redecoes like Deluxe Class Strike Mission Sideswipe, Leader Class Shadow Command Megatron and Optimus Prime and new Legend class molds like Arcee.
To check out the photos just click here.
Do note that these are heavily photoshoped promotional images and that the final product might just have a passing resemblance to what you see here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): MISP Steve, TFormers

Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010428)
Posted by Forgotten on October 17th, 2009 @ 10:14am CDT
Dammit!!! I already bought Megs and now they come out with this sweet nightshade paint job. CRAP!!! anybody want to buy a Leader ROTF Megatron. Perfect condition.
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010436)
Posted by Primus1101 on October 17th, 2009 @ 10:18am CDT
What...the hell...

WHY do we get Megatron as a Leader repaint (looks better than the original, I'll get this one! :D) but not a Leader class Prime repaint when everyone has said that Optimus is a better figure!

That Voyager Prime repaint, however, looks like a real something. Good or bad, I don't know, I'll wait for REAL pics.

And the Legends all look great, I'll no doubt pick these up if I can. Hopefully.
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010445)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 17th, 2009 @ 10:22am CDT
Primus1101 wrote:What...the hell...

Leader Prime is getting two repaints, Takara'S Buster Prime retool repaint and a Hasbro repaint of which you can see the photo in that gallery:
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... 00&start=0
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010449)
Posted by Primus1101 on October 17th, 2009 @ 10:29am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Primus1101 wrote:What...the hell...

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... 00&start=0

That was a repaint? What's so different about it? :?
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010452)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 17th, 2009 @ 10:43am CDT
Primus1101 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Primus1101 wrote:What...the hell...

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... 00&start=0

That was a repaint? What's so different about it? :?

I think it's a little darker but that'S all I can think of right now.
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010454)
Posted by freaky777 on October 17th, 2009 @ 10:47am CDT
Gonna past all of them not one to like repaint.

And come on for the deluxe Sideswipe its just the red tinted windows and the knees metal thingy repaint? I won't even call that a repaint. SO instead of Blue(windows) you get RED(windows) sideswipe.. how interesting
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010456)
Posted by Primus1101 on October 17th, 2009 @ 10:49am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Primus1101 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Primus1101 wrote:What...the hell...

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... 00&start=0

That was a repaint? What's so different about it? :?

I think it's a little darker but that'S all I can think of right now.

Fair enough, thanks for pointing that out. Suppose I'll just wait for those.
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010457)
Posted by UltraPrimal on October 17th, 2009 @ 10:51am CDT
I'm glad I waited on most of these figures. Hopefully that Megatron looks that good in reality. I don't really see what's so different about Prime though.
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010458)
Posted by dr_n00b on October 17th, 2009 @ 10:51am CDT
LOL heavily photoshopped, that is RICH.

these have been tinkered with so much i can hardly spot the difference from the originals (megs and prime) let alone see whats different about the new deco :P

boy, those are bad.
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010464)
Posted by Nightwalker on October 17th, 2009 @ 11:35am CDT
Megatron is mindblowing awesome!!! Hope we'll get that one too in Holland.
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010469)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on October 17th, 2009 @ 12:03pm CDT
Saw these last night.
That Sideswipe is bull.
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010482)
Posted by JaZzTaStIc on October 17th, 2009 @ 12:55pm CDT
now if hasbro did the voyager megs in them dark colours it'd be awesome!!!
shame about sideswipe, i was hoping for something really different and cool

the legends jolt looks nothing like he should, not even slightly, still looks pretty nice

and yet another bumblebee repaint....
is that just like one of hasbro's laws, every repaint line has to have a bumblebee
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010488)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 17th, 2009 @ 1:06pm CDT
Think im gonna be passing on all of them. I like the sideswipe mold but ive got both the original & swerve so i dont need a 3rd. I already have the voyager prime mold and Megatron i dont like at all. The jolt & arcee legends i might buy. Ill have to see more pics before i decide. I miss the days when a repaint was a repaint and the figure had a brand new color scheme. If your gonna repaint a figure give us a look that we might actually want to buy if we already have the mold. Not just a new window or shoulder color.
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010491)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 17th, 2009 @ 1:20pm CDT
It seems like Hasbro isn't even trying with repaints this time. Maybe it's to make up for the fans who didn't get a certain toy the first time... :-?

*PS* and I called that Sideswipe repaint! :DANCE:
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010509)
Posted by Blurrz on October 17th, 2009 @ 2:49pm CDT
Sadly these aren't bull. Like we saw this Prime before;

Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010512)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 17th, 2009 @ 3:05pm CDT
*whimpers* It just doesn't stop, does it?

This is what...the seventh or eighth repaint of Voyager Optimus?

More over production of the same figures? They're selling now, and will at Christmas, but soon, almost everyone and their brother will have the figures they want and have been looking for. Once that need is met, this barrage of THE SAME TOYS over and over and over again, does nothing.

I realize that Hasbro must rely on repaints to some degree to help make a profit and protect themselves from losses, but this is getting ridiculous.

So then, is it safe to assume that Starscream will be packed with either Optimus or Megatron in the Leader Class assortment? Or will we have to wait even longer for him, and by that point since all of the stores will be sitting on God only knows how many repaints and remolds...will they even stock him?

A few remolds, okay. But this? C'mon.

Voyager Optimus
Jungle Ironhide
Grindor
Bumblebee (How many versions are there now??)
Soundwave
Tuner Mudflap (I think that's what it's called)
Desert Tracker Ratchet
And I'm sure there's more I haven't even thought of.

I'm so glad that Animated is coming back this December. It'll give me something to buy besides one or two new ROTF figures.

-_-
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010516)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 17th, 2009 @ 3:31pm CDT

I'm beginning to become disappointed with the new creative direction Hasbro is taking on certain elements of their product.
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010535)
Posted by Valandar on October 17th, 2009 @ 4:51pm CDT
I remember. Some of the Cybertron molds repainted for the 2007 movie line were awesome (Fracture comes to mind), as were some of the late period Cybertron repaints themselves (Cannonball, the Decepticon answer to Dread Pirate Roberts).
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010556)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 17th, 2009 @ 5:37pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Anyone else remember when repaints were an opportunity for creative/wild color schemes or new characters?

Exactly.

Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker are excellent examples of making a repaint work.

Now, it seems like they're repainting just for the sake of doing so.
Re: New Hasbro Transformers ROTF toys! (1010580)
Posted by Grahf on October 17th, 2009 @ 7:18pm CDT
Ah, the wonders of photoshop. I'll probably get the Legends, but I'm satisfied with the other figures I already own. Looking at that pic of Voyager Prime though, is there any way to mount his guns like that on his shoulders on the original mold?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Car & Rescue Bots Flip Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow White Car Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Fire House Station Playset. "Used"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy Battle Masters - Aimless - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots high tide lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Copter Crane Blades" on EBAY
Buy "New! Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE Transformers ReAction Series Action Figure" on EBAY