New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed

Transformers News: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed

Sunday, July 15th, 2018 9:55AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 22,771

The Transformers Studio Series line, featuring 'definitive' toy versions of the live action movieverse characters, has already had its Voyager class Starscream appearance (as you can see in our ranking here) - but as hinted at by the Takara Tomy listings found the other day, we may indeed have a second version of the same mold in the line, sporting the tattoo pattern as the previous Leader class figure had for Revenge of the Fallen.

Check out the image below, posted today by the Hasbro Pulse Instagram account, and brought to our attention by fellow Seibetronian Deadput - will you be double dipping, or do you have no interest in this redeco of the Decepticon second in command? Let us know in the Energon Pub!

Check out the Studio Series Voyager Class Starscream from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Credit(s): Hasbro Pulse

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971289)
Posted by Agent 53 on July 15th, 2018 @ 9:59am CDT
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971291)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 15th, 2018 @ 10:02am CDT
That one was the obvious repaint. However, having the original SS Screamers plus the DOTM deluxe and HFTD leader, this one is unnecessary for me.
(Then I'll see it on clearance and I'll buy it anyway)
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971292)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 15th, 2018 @ 10:04am CDT
When is it out? I need it. And Ironhide. I need that too.

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

oops
"Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 20."
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971293)
Posted by Randomhero on July 15th, 2018 @ 10:11am CDT
Agent 53 wrote:Ah so the figure representing Starscream that we all kinda knew was gonna show up (It's a new paint-job, nothing more, easy for Hasbro) has been announced.

He also comes with the abandoned saw blade accessory the original was intended to come with which I’m very happy about and said “If the tattoo deco comes with it I’m in” and I am.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971296)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 15th, 2018 @ 10:20am CDT
Did he keep this look for Dark of the Moon? Anyways I like what I see :D
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971297)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 15th, 2018 @ 10:23am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Did he keep this look for Dark of the Moon? Anyways I like what I see :D

Yes he did. Which be why the Deluxe figure from that film's toyline (that Studio is based on) had the tats. :)
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971308)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 15th, 2018 @ 12:39pm CDT
13617F0C-B54D-4D68-932A-C79A37D34036.jpeg

A8B8A570-9E8B-4240-A032-A3C530A84999.jpeg
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971310)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 15th, 2018 @ 1:07pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Looks cool! Between the first SS and HFTD Starscreams though I don’t think I need this one. Also, on kind of a cool note, this Starscream has a little Decepticon logo on it in the same spot as the electronics button on HFTD Starscream. It doesn’t look like this :CON: is a part of the on-screen tattoos, so it may be a cool reference to the past figure.
13617F0C-B54D-4D68-932A-C79A37D34036.jpeg

A8B8A570-9E8B-4240-A032-A3C530A84999.jpeg

That's a neat lil easter egg sorta thing if it is indeed referencing the leader class figure.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971313)
Posted by DISCHARGE on July 15th, 2018 @ 1:20pm CDT
Tattoo SS will be the only movie toy ill have bought since AoE.(maybe I did get a couple ttchangers.)

He should look nice next to Nebular SS.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971318)
Posted by WreckerJack on July 15th, 2018 @ 1:47pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971320)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 15th, 2018 @ 2:15pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Really tempted here but I don't like the price tag on these it seems. PotP are more well made.

I don’t have a huge sample size of either line, but I don’t think that’s necessarily the case. I mean, compare SS Starscream to POTP Starscream. That being said though, $30 is a little high for a voyager class figure.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971325)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 15th, 2018 @ 2:40pm CDT
"Okay, so we'll give Starscream the gun and saw-"
"No, you fool, hold off on the saw until the repaint!"
"Brrrrrrrrrrrilliant!"
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971327)
Posted by WreckerJack on July 15th, 2018 @ 2:46pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

Considering the deluxes were around 20, which was already too much in my opinion I would assume the voyagers will be more. I honestly think 20 to 25 dollars is a good price for a voyager and certainly not a deluxe.

I can justify a deluxe costing about 12 to 15 or so. Even 15 feels a bit much but considering that the Prime Wars Trilogy has such good figures I don't mind paying more because it feels worth it. But yeah, 30 bucks for a voyager? Get outta here. I can see Brawl on Amazon for 29.99. No. Just no.

If they want us to pay more for something they need to give us bang for our buck. Yeah I'll admit I bought the Studio Series Ratchet on impulse. I regret paying 20 bucks for him, but I do like the figure. I wanted a movie Ratchet for my collection since I didn't have one. I found this figure to have loose parts and a lack of painted details. Granted I can fix the figure up (when I am less lazy) but I won't be buying any of these toys for full price at the store anymore.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971328)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 15th, 2018 @ 2:47pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:"Okay, so we'll give Starscream the gun and saw-"
"No, you fool, hold off on the saw until the repaint!"
"Brrrrrrrrrrrilliant!"

If the figure can only come with ONE weapon, this make sense. It's also making the repaint more worth getting.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971331)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 15th, 2018 @ 3:00pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971338)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 15th, 2018 @ 3:33pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:They won't give you more bang for the buck though as they need to maintain profit margins against rising production costs. This is capitalism and it sucks.

Exactly. It's either the prices rise, or the toys get "trimmed down". No one want THAT to happen to whole lines, right?

FOC Jazz:

--Packaging proudly say "COME WITH A GUN!" Gun is a dinky little thing.
--Hollow parts everywhere
--Very thin semi-soft plastics, almost clear
--Size dramatically reduced
--Barely any paint

But eh, it the same price at the RTS Jazz that came out some years ago. So it's all right!

Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971342)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 15th, 2018 @ 4:08pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

Depends what you like I guess. I didn't find any of the Power of the Primes figures even worth buying. None appealed to me at their prices at all. There are a couple I may consider if I find them on heavy clearance but nothing more (and many I still wouldn't... PotP Jazz was reduced to £10 and I still couldn't muster up any enthusiasm to purchase it as to me it looks like junk especially since I used to own his far superior Takara repaint of the Reveal the Shield figure which I just noticed a pic of above). I've happily paid £23 each for a couple of my Studio Deluxes and even £30 each for Jazz and Lockdown and loved them both too. My Voyagers were various prices (Starscream was £33, Megatron was £30 and Prime was £27) and been very happy with those. Grimlock ehhh. I wish that one had been cheaper. I paid £53 and I was quite disappointed with the dino mode overall (and will likely pay the extra for the DNA Design upgrade kit). I don't really find many Transformers figures worth paying more than £50 for and certainly none of the Prime Wars stuff had me wanting to spend anywhere near that much (£50-£55 for blocky stuff like Leader class Blaster, a bunch of bricks that turns into a brick that contains little bricks? No thanks). Weird thing is a certain shop here in the UK (The Entertainer) charges the same price for Titans Deluxes as it did for TLK and now Studio deluxes. I think they corrected that with Power of the Primes deluxes but i cant remember but still I just find Studio's toys just better value for me personally because I get greater value out of the more complex and detailed movie designs than I ever do with the much more simplistic and blocky G1-esque types. So yeah it's down to personal taste and preference as to what you consider is worth your own money. :) I got £66 saved up for Ironhide and RotF Starscream here, and yeah i know it's a fair bit of cash but I genuinely love this line and it's figures more than any other toyline in a very long time and I'm sure they'll please me like the ones I have already bought have. :)
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971344)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 15th, 2018 @ 4:18pm CDT
You'll have to post more pics when you get then carni :-)

@kanra precisely, we can demand a better deal for ourselves but we also have to be realistic and look at all angles.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971351)
Posted by WreckerJack on July 15th, 2018 @ 5:01pm CDT

That is honestly one thing I never understood. I guess the majority of people are either fooled into buying things (again I readily admit that I have made some purchases like that and its bummer when it happens) or B just accept something sub par when they know they should be getting something better.

Guess I gotta watch more reviews and pay better attention.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Deco Revealed (1971376)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 15th, 2018 @ 6:30pm CDT
I almost want him for the buzzsaw...

...almost.

I already have the first movie version and I like him without the tattoos, but this one is very tempting. If I see it in stores at a slight discount, sure.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers G1 ULTRA MAGNUS Trailer Hasbro Generations 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations TG-09 & TG-18 StarScream SkyWarp Set Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS VOYAGER CLASS MOTORMASTER NEW USA" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS HASBRO 2010 AUTOBOT WHEELJACK LOOSE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Figure Rodimus (6 of Optimus Maximus)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Windcharger New MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall Cybertron Deluxe Vortex (Bruticus) 100% Comp" on EBAY