Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber

Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber

Thursday, February 26th, 2015 11:37am CST

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 36,299

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby

Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656348)
Posted by Super Megatron on February 26th, 2015 @ 12:31pm CST
The more I see this figure, the more I want to get it. It's an awesome fig for the most kickass Autobot leader ever.

Engineering-wise, I'm impressed by how they managed to make the head turn with the Brainmaster feature AND a large head put over the small head while the large head is on an articulated arm.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656352)
Posted by shajaki on February 26th, 2015 @ 12:54pm CST
with all yuki has shown us, youd think theres nothing left to see, or left to hype.

guess not!
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656393)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2015 @ 2:20pm CST
Flashwave wrote:
wilcosu35 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
SkyWarpt wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Kinda feels more like a power ranger megazord than a transformer to me. :-?

You mean, Super Sentai mech ;) Not surprising, since Transformers took a more traditional Japanese turn after Headmasters, especially with Victory.

Didn't he exist before Power Rangers?

Super Sentai, the source material for Power Rangers, goes all the way back to 1975, or rather 1979 when the mechs were introduced. ;)

i dunno, star saber has a large physical sword like most super sentai mecha, but his looks feel more like one of the transforming gundams, with the mouthplate, antenna and the bell-bottom legs. no to mention the use of red, blue and white with yellow accents.

I don't really see either right off, He's too clunky for what I think of as being a Gundam, there have been plenty of blocky Gundam mechs, but the quintessential Gundum robots to me are far more humanoid in appearence, lithe in the limbs, and armor fairly obviously being added onto a frame. I can sorta see hints and elements in the combined form's mask or Saber's wing shield, though. and when I think Megazord, I think something more along the lines of the Gestalts but again, blockier and more solid vehicle kibble. Bt then, my only experience with Megazords have been the train from the 90s (That I actually never owned myself) and the Solar Zord (?) train a decade later which as compartments in its arms and legs that are conviently minicon sized. ;)
How's about we try this kind of comparison? Star Saber's design is to Gundam what Gridman's design was to Ultraman.

The influence is there, but it's just not the same. ;)
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656417)
Posted by SkyWarpt on February 26th, 2015 @ 2:56pm CST
Va'al wrote:For once, Hisashi Yuki is not the source of an extensive look at the lovely and soon to be released Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber. Thanks to the Dengeki Hobby website, we get a full look at the various parts of the figure, from the Brain of Courage, to Saber to the V-Star and all the various combinations and accessories that come along with the bot. We have seen some of these shots in various formats before, but check them all out mirrored below in case you missed some!

Take away the attatchment to character (because I'm in no way attached to Star Saber) this may be the coolest MP in the line.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656419)
Posted by Crystiallic on February 26th, 2015 @ 3:01pm CST
Now, just add a Victory Leo and this will be perfect.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656444)
Posted by Desslok2201 on February 26th, 2015 @ 3:38pm CST
For all the awesome that this and MP-10 are, they really are leaving a large hole in the line for decpticon leaders.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656446)
Posted by Cyberstrike on February 26th, 2015 @ 3:45pm CST
That is an awesome looking toy.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656458)
Posted by shajaki on February 26th, 2015 @ 4:08pm CST
SkyWarpt wrote:Take away the attachment to character (because I'm in no way attached to Star Saber) this may be the coolest MP in the line.
yup. theyve seriously pulled out all the stops for this figure. chosen by the fans, and treated with the utmost care and attention.

Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656474)
Posted by cramoptimus maximus on February 26th, 2015 @ 4:40pm CST
Its a great figure, I love it, but I dont know why...

I am a completist, and I have all of the Takara MP's, including funky GOLD megatron, but I am not familiar with Star Saber, I dont have that special bond with it that comes directly from the cartoon and my childhood. Nevertheless, Its coming to be part of my collection, and I am sure it will be very special, but somehow, it just does not feel like an MP figure. It doesnt look like the transformation is very complex, it does not so much transform then just come together with other pieces to make a bigger robot to make a bigger robot. Maybe thats what feels weird to me... I am sure the feel and quality of it, as well as its cartoon and character accuracy makes it and qualifies it as an MP and so it is.

I kinda felt the same when the diecast content of the figures went out the window, prior to MP 10, I felt that a master piece figure ought to have a ton of diecast and weigh, well, a ton. But I got used to the change, and can see why that was necessary as well as having a good size scale, etc. Lets hope that this figure marks another great evolution for the masterpiece series.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656524)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 26th, 2015 @ 7:02pm CST
.....wow.... that is all...... :shock:
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656586)
Posted by Tsutsukakushi on February 26th, 2015 @ 10:02pm CST
Think this is Takara's best work.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656607)
Posted by Convoy on February 26th, 2015 @ 10:41pm CST
The ONLY THING that could make him better is if TakaraTomy planned for Victory Leo.
If Victory Saber happened my heart might stop. (I just hope Victory Leo isn't exclusive as only a boxed set for Victory Saber with Star Saber.)

It may have been on a Twincast I heard someone suggest that the Japanese Transformers series should have been imported to the US/exported from Japan during the Gundam/Macross boom.
I can understand the lack of connection people have with Star Saber. If the fourth season of G1 wasn't such an absolute stinker, if my desire to keep G1 going wasn't so strong, and if I didn't enjoy anime as much as I did when it was important, I still might care about this MP because of how amazing it looks.

R.I.P. Generation One

Then there's Drift, Windblade, and properly decoed reissues.
Oh yeah, and Alpha Bravo and Rook and whoever. 8-}
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656628)
Posted by SkyWarpt on February 27th, 2015 @ 12:17am CST
Convoy wrote:I can't stop gushing over this figure. By only poring over all the great images I imagine I'll be transforming this guy a lot.

Maybe a 3rd party will jump on Victory Leo
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656634)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 27th, 2015 @ 12:30am CST
SkyWarpt wrote:

Maybe a 3rd party will jump on Victory Leo

Speculation but I believe Tomy will have to build one.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656640)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 27th, 2015 @ 1:19am CST
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656647)
Posted by MGrotusque on February 27th, 2015 @ 1:54am CST
Does the combined figure have an Ab crunch?? It looks like it does.

That should be established as the next benchmark in Transformer articulation. I'm MORE than stoked that ankle tilts have become common place but the next step in evolution is the AB CRUNCH :michaelbay:

The ladies love a good ab crunch....just sayin >:oP
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656686)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 27th, 2015 @ 5:27am CST

I'd like to see the results of a Hasbro MP fan poll.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656706)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 27th, 2015 @ 7:13am CST
Convoy wrote:My Primax fanon ends after KISS Players, Trigger and The Battle of the Star Gate.
Meaning... it ends before season 3 begins? :???:

fenrir72 wrote:
SkyWarpt wrote:

Maybe a 3rd party will jump on Victory Leo

Speculation but I believe Tomy will have to build one.
I fear that some 3rd party is already planning a Victory Leo to go with this, knowing that since Takara won't be doing a Victory Leo soon enough people will be all over the third party one and jump on it before Takara even gets theirs off the ground.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:I may have asked this before but what's up with the short sword blade? I assume it's for Saber but did saber ever use the sword in the show? I also just noticed something, are there two nosecones? I see a size difference between the nosecone used as a hilt, and the one Saber has as a shield and in jet mode.
The smaller sword blade and smaller nosecone are indeed meant to be the blade and hilt for a smaller sword for Saber to wield, while the bigger blade and bigger nosecone are the blade and hilt for the Saber Blade wielded by Star Saber in his "Battle Up!" form.

Ironhidensh wrote:I'm kinda sad. First Masterpiece I have no desire to get (that isn't a repaint). Makes my wallet happy I guess. Probally because I known thing of this character and have no attachment whatsoever.

I'd like to see the results of a Hasbro MP fan poll.
Wouldn't happen since Masterpiece is Takara's baby. Hasbro doesn't make MPs. Only time they did was with the Masterpiece Offshoot Targetmaster that came with Hasbro's Rodimus, but that figure only vaguely resembled Firebolt at all, much less how he looked in the cartoon.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656726)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 27th, 2015 @ 8:21am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Meaning... it ends before season 3 begins? :???:

fenrir72 wrote:
SkyWarpt wrote:

Maybe a 3rd party will jump on Victory Leo

Speculation but I believe Tomy will have to build one.

I'd like to see the results of a Hasbro MP fan poll.

Well, the fans better make sure to get Starsaber sold out else there's no incentive to make one (V Leo)for Tomy.

This btw is addressed to all fans out there.........support the 1st party first fellas. Sure a few years wait would kill us but in the end, an official upgrade is better over a 3rd.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber (1656728)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 27th, 2015 @ 8:34am CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Meaning... it ends before season 3 begins? :???:

fenrir72 wrote:
SkyWarpt wrote:

Maybe a 3rd party will jump on Victory Leo

Speculation but I believe Tomy will have to build one.

I'd like to see the results of a Hasbro MP fan poll.

Supply and demand. Demand is for the 3rd party product. Hasbro/Takara have made clear they are not interested in producing figures of that detail level. Why should the consumer not support they 3rd party that is actually givng them what they want?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-37 Ravage & Bullhorn" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY