This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight

Transformers News: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight

Monday, August 1st, 2016 8:43AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 33,918

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

A number of sources and fans are reporting the release of the official poster art for the upcoming (next year) Transformers: The Last Knight live-action movie from Paramount, with Michael Bay once again at the helm and a very active marketing team - as we have seen these past months! We had seen the art feature on a billboard in Times Square, New York, but check it out again from Paramount direct below, as Optimus Prime squares off against a three-headed dragon thing!

Transformers News: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight
Credit(s): Paramount

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811047)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 1st, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
I would like to purchase an actual poster of this.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811051)
Posted by william-james88 on August 1st, 2016 @ 10:30am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I would like to purchase an actual poster of this.

I am 100% certain that will be very doable next year.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811053)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 1st, 2016 @ 10:32am CDT
...this looks awful to me for some reason. :???:
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811115)
Posted by BullDragon513 on August 1st, 2016 @ 12:29pm CDT
very curious about the :CON: logo on the flag, probably just part of the marketing but would be kinda cool if its for an elite group of Cons. the dragon thing looks like its just a bunch of the "transformium"(or whatever they called it)from AoE.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811264)
Posted by SlyTF1 on August 1st, 2016 @ 10:06pm CDT
Beyonder wrote:I am a very big non-fan of the Bayverse TF designs.

In my head canon, anything that looks remotely the way the Cybertronians in the Bayverse SHOULD be cosmic powered, or have some mystical qualities.

If not, they are just weak ugly fodders (robotic or otherwise) to be either smashed by the incredible Hulk, or be blown to bits by the Sentry.

You see the designs in Titans Return or Combiner Wars? Or any of the 3D games? Now THOSE are Cybertronians!!


They're all Cybertronians. Every one.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811267)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 1st, 2016 @ 10:28pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Beyonder wrote:I am a very big non-fan of the Bayverse TF designs.

In my head canon, anything that looks remotely the way the Cybertronians in the Bayverse SHOULD be cosmic powered, or have some mystical qualities.

If not, they are just weak ugly fodders (robotic or otherwise) to be either smashed by the incredible Hulk, or be blown to bits by the Sentry.

You see the designs in Titans Return or Combiner Wars? Or any of the 3D games? Now THOSE are Cybertronians!!


They're all Cybertronians. Every one.
Of course they are. He's just saying which kind of Cybertronian design he personally prefers the look of, and that the ones that look like the movieverse kind should, in his opinion, be a more special and magical type of Cybertronians instead the ordinary type that they are in the movies.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811288)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on August 2nd, 2016 @ 1:08am CDT
the whole knight thing is just massively unappealing to me >:oP

:BOT: :CON:
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811466)
Posted by Va'al on August 2nd, 2016 @ 3:52pm CDT
New Seibertronian ElitaOnePrime has shared some images with us from Michigan, where a surprise Transformers: The Last Knight convoy appeared - her husband used Camera, and it was super effective! Check out the images we were sent below, as Optimus Prime in his Age of Extinction garbs, the Decepticon rusty Volkswagen van, some British numberplated jeep, and some military vehicles, all take a casual stroll down 96 in the Lansing area.

My husband and Son( who's 9) are Visiting My brother in Law in Michigan this week, Yesterday, they spent hours walking around Downtown Detroit hoping to catch some filming or some such evidence, to no avail :-( Today they are headed to a water park while Traveling west on 96 near Lansing, Michigan they saw this.

Just a side note My husband and are are HUGE fans, my 9yr old could name the Autobots before he could say his ABC's


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811476)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on August 2nd, 2016 @ 4:16pm CDT
If it isn't Hound....could that military vehicle be Breakdown(TF Prime) as it sure looks similar to his vehicle mode.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811479)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 2nd, 2016 @ 4:19pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:If it isn't Hound....could that military vehicle be Breakdown(TF Prime) as it sure looks similar to his vehicle mode.

There's no insignia on the grey military truck, so it isn't likely to be a tf >:oP
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811481)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on August 2nd, 2016 @ 4:24pm CDT
Ah but did Silas Breakdown have an insignia :-?
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811483)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 2nd, 2016 @ 4:29pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:Ah but did Silas Breakdown have an insignia :-?
That doesn't matter.

Besides, altmode type is rarely ever a determining factor of character identity for the movies.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811484)
Posted by Kurona on August 2nd, 2016 @ 4:31pm CDT
Yeah, like, aside from Evasion Mode Optimus I don't think there's a single character whose alt mode has matched up with their original incarnation - even in cases where, say, Bumblebee is still a car; it's a different type of car.
Which is fun, because it's nice to see new vehicle modes as long as it keeps to the spirit of the character. I actually prefer Ironhide having a pickup truck alt-mode to his G1 van mode.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811526)
Posted by dragons on August 2nd, 2016 @ 6:02pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:Ah but did Silas Breakdown have an insignia :-?
That doesn't matter.

Besides, altmode type is rarely ever a determining factor of character identity for the movies.


i lost count how many times i said that simalr statement altmode type is rarely ever a determining factor of character identity for the movies
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811535)
Posted by X3ROhour on August 2nd, 2016 @ 6:29pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:If it isn't Hound....could that military vehicle be Breakdown(TF Prime) as it sure looks similar to his vehicle mode.


That's exactly what I thought!
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811536)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on August 2nd, 2016 @ 6:32pm CDT
Z3ROhour wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:If it isn't Hound....could that military vehicle be Breakdown(TF Prime) as it sure looks similar to his vehicle mode.


That's exactly what I thought!


I'm glad someone agrees ;)

Thanks ;)^
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811547)
Posted by RAR on August 2nd, 2016 @ 8:05pm CDT
As best as I can recall it seems bay knew darn well that Calling Brawl Devastator was dimwitted and after the producers had been on his case about changing the other names like Prowl into Barricade. he likely couldn't be bothered to fix it.

Heck there is an air of lazyness about these Movies - have the still not changed the spelling mistakes in the 2007 Movie's subtitles for example despite multiple reissues of the movie ?

But yes Devastator should be changed as it makes zero sense to keep it like that when it's such an easy fix just a few frames need to be redone with some text saying "Devastator" - any anyone new to the franchise is going to wonder what the heck is going one when they see Revenge of the Fallen has a completely different Devastator.

It also show how terrified people are of loosing their job that they won't call the boss out when they are being a complete ass. but Don Murphy Tried the other Producers tried - he just ignored them... "As it sounded cool" or some such dipsh*t reason.

They couldn't even be bothered to name some of the Characters in the Movies that is how little they care about what they are doing.

It's not like someone would stand and scream bloody murder to defend these characters only one Japanese guy did for Optimus Prime (which did get his design improved) and oddly that guy seems not to have got hired for any of the following movies (at least as far as I've noticed).

There seems to be a lot of not giving a f**k going around in Movie production - which may be why the audiences likely care a lot less too.

I suppose the other joke is that they called Hound "Hound" when he's clearly designed to be Bulkhead. so they got the choice wrong again for the opposite reason by trying to be pandering to G1ers they shot themselves in the foot - I can't really see a sensible version of Hound being that Violent, but then the Movies don't allow for the Robots to have personalities other than that of robot killing machine.

------

Anway if we were still getting Movie toys that didn't suck like in 2009 I would say I would like to see that Military truck turned into a Decepticon Breakdown in ROTF style - but since Hasbro seems to have long since fired anyone who knows how to make Transformers that seems unlikely.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811581)
Posted by Nexus Knight on August 2nd, 2016 @ 11:44pm CDT
Anway if we were still getting Movie toys that didn't suck like in 2009 I would say I would like to see that Military truck turned into a Decepticon Breakdown in ROTF style - but since Hasbro seems to have long since fired anyone who knows how to make Transformers that seems unlikely.


Whooooooa, gentle on the salt.

A). I must remind you that the movies are a completely DIFFERENT UNIVERSE. The writers, the special effects manager, the design manager, and (mostly) the director base these characters on their vision of what these characters would be like in "real life". If they want a gunslinging, bad mouthing, non-Hummer, Bulkhead-esque Hound, that's their right. That's were their creative vision takes them. True, Hasbro has to approve these characters, but they no doubt appreciate a different approach to their characters. As long as they don't royally screw them up (like make Bumblebee a 'Con), I think they don't care.

B). As for the "how to make Transformers", um... are these not convertible alien robots from a planet called Cybertron fighting a war? Or just not how you think they should be portrayed?

EDIT: C). Okay, so, after rereading your post, I must comment on one other thing. Yeeeeeeah, the laziness of the director is... sad. So, I want it to be clear that I'm only commenting on the quoted area. Also to be clear, I'm not condoning the poor planning, I'm simply making a point.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811629)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:34am CDT
The thing about laziness is only opinion though. Michael bay probably puts his all into the movies, it's just you don't like his style. I also never get these reactions about the characters not being like their g1 selves, this was never going to be g1. These characters are just borrowing names.

I like some of the movies, they are far from my favourites and I acknowledge all their flaws but I will judge this new one when I watch it and then decide if I will support it more by getting the home release.

Oh and the thing about changing the name of brawl in the subs of the first film. If enough people kicked off over it then they would of had the masters changed but I'm guessing not that many actually do care.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811634)
Posted by xRotorstormx on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:49am CDT
.... I work right in Lansing....and travel 96 every day ...... how did I miss this?

:michaelbay: :-( :-x
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811640)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2016 @ 8:16am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Oh and the thing about changing the name of brawl in the subs of the first film. If enough people kicked off over it then they would of had the masters changed but I'm guessing not that many actually do care.
I thought it was said awhile back that the reason the name "Devastator" appeared in the film instead of "Brawl" was that, while it was supposed to have been the finalized "Brawl" name, Bay left it as the preproduction name on purpose because he liked the name "Devastator" better.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811660)
Posted by william-james88 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 9:03am CDT
Michael Bay is probably the most hard working director in hollywood. Did anyone see that most recent clip? He can manage this giant movie and still be in the closest proximity to the actors during scenes. George Lucas sure didnt do that in the Star Wars prequels. He was more distant, literally. Michael Bay is in the middle of it all and still able to manage the production at a macro level. Its a insane accomplishment. And remember that Michael Bay doesnt care about the story or the brand, he cares that it looks good and he definitely delivers. HOLY SHIT, did anyone really look at that finale in Age fo Extinction lately? It's the most insane action ever filmed (hell, so is that battle in the forest in ROTF). There is this gorgeous scene where Bumblebee crashed with Swoop into a glass building. And that builing was real (they covered the top in a green tarp) and it was glass, which makes things so much morecomplicated sicne you have all the refractory pieces. Its fucken nuts that he could pull off that shot and make it look part of the real world and not a video game. Its the best CG I have ever seen and you can actually follow the action quite well too (something he improved over the previous films).
I have nothing but praise to give to his directing, but damn I wish the writing was better and there was less focus on humans. But that has nothing to do with Michael Bay.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811673)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 3rd, 2016 @ 9:48am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Michael Bay is probably the most hard working director in hollywood. Did anyone see that most recent clip? He can manage this giant movie and still be in the closest proximity to the actors during scenes. George Lucas sure didnt do that in the Star Wars prequels. He was more distant, literally. Michael Bay is in the middle of it all and still able to manage the production at a macro level. Its a insane accomplishment. And remember that Michael Bay doesnt care about the story or the brand, he cares that it looks good and he definitely delivers. HOLY ****, did anyone really look at that finale in Age fo Extinction lately? It's the most insane action ever filmed (hell, so is that battle in the forest in ROTF). There is this gorgeous scene where Bumblebee crashed with Swoop into a glass building. And that builing was real (they covered the top in a green tarp) and it was glass, which makes things so much morecomplicated sicne you have all the refractory pieces. Its **** nuts that he could pull off that shot and make it look part of the real world and not a video game. Its the best CG I have ever seen and you can actually follow the action quite well too (something he improved over the previous films).
I have nothing but praise to give to his directing, but damn I wish the writing was better and there was less focus on humans. But that has nothing to do with Michael Bay.

THANK YOU. ;)^
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811690)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 10:42am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Michael Bay is probably the most hard working director in hollywood. Did anyone see that most recent clip? He can manage this giant movie and still be in the closest proximity to the actors during scenes. George Lucas sure didnt do that in the Star Wars prequels. He was more distant, literally. Michael Bay is in the middle of it all and still able to manage the production at a macro level. Its a insane accomplishment. And remember that Michael Bay doesnt care about the story or the brand, he cares that it looks good and he definitely delivers. HOLY ****, did anyone really look at that finale in Age fo Extinction lately? It's the most insane action ever filmed (hell, so is that battle in the forest in ROTF). There is this gorgeous scene where Bumblebee crashed with Swoop into a glass building. And that builing was real (they covered the top in a green tarp) and it was glass, which makes things so much morecomplicated sicne you have all the refractory pieces. Its **** nuts that he could pull off that shot and make it look part of the real world and not a video game. Its the best CG I have ever seen and you can actually follow the action quite well too (something he improved over the previous films).
I have nothing but praise to give to his directing, but damn I wish the writing was better and there was less focus on humans. But that has nothing to do with Michael Bay.

THANK YOU. ;)^

Yeah, he's got some serious skill and dedication, it's the writer's that I have problems with |:|
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811694)
Posted by JazZeke on August 3rd, 2016 @ 10:46am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Michael Bay is probably the most hard working director in hollywood. Did anyone see that most recent clip? He can manage this giant movie and still be in the closest proximity to the actors during scenes. George Lucas sure didnt do that in the Star Wars prequels. He was more distant, literally. Michael Bay is in the middle of it all and still able to manage the production at a macro level. Its a insane accomplishment. And remember that Michael Bay doesnt care about the story or the brand, he cares that it looks good and he definitely delivers. HOLY ****, did anyone really look at that finale in Age fo Extinction lately? It's the most insane action ever filmed (hell, so is that battle in the forest in ROTF). There is this gorgeous scene where Bumblebee crashed with Swoop into a glass building. And that builing was real (they covered the top in a green tarp) and it was glass, which makes things so much morecomplicated sicne you have all the refractory pieces. Its **** nuts that he could pull off that shot and make it look part of the real world and not a video game. Its the best CG I have ever seen and you can actually follow the action quite well too (something he improved over the previous films).
I have nothing but praise to give to his directing, but damn I wish the writing was better and there was less focus on humans. But that has nothing to do with Michael Bay.

THANK YOU. ;)^

Yeah, he's got some serious skill and dedication, it's the writer's that I have problems with |:|

But Bay has more control over that than you seem to think. It's his job to pick the writers and tell them what he wants in the story. The writers are often handcuffed to craft some semblance of story that exists only to link the action scenes together. Bay puts the cart before the horse, and that's on him.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811698)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 10:50am CDT
JazZeke wrote:But Bay has more control over that than you seem to think. It's his job to pick the writers and tell them what he wants in the story. The writers are often handcuffed to craft some semblance of story that exists only to link the action scenes together. Bay puts the cart before the horse, and that's on him.

Not saying you're wrong, but the connecting dots style of writing is kind of ortzi and kurtzmans hallmark as far as I know - extending beyond the tf movies and into their other projects, and even their tv show they crapped on
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811750)
Posted by william-james88 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 1:17pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:But Bay has more control over that than you seem to think. It's his job to pick the writers and tell them what he wants in the story. The writers are often handcuffed to craft some semblance of story that exists only to link the action scenes together. Bay puts the cart before the horse, and that's on him.

Its not his job, where did you get that info? His job is to supersee that the filming gets done. He doesnt even have final cut.

Also think about it guys, Michael Bay is a multimillionaire. He doesnt have to work for another day in his life. But instead of crackwhores and smack on a yacht, he decides to work 60 hours a week in crammed places eating shitty takeout to get these films done because he knows that if he leaves it to someone else, it wouldnt look as good. And we know what else is out there. The praised Bryan Singer tried making a CGI heavy film by himself and we got Jack the Giant Slayer, which was a mess. I cant think of any other film in the past 10 years, who's main attractions are CGI characters, that look as good as the Transformers films.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811755)
Posted by Va'al on August 3rd, 2016 @ 1:37pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
JazZeke wrote:But Bay has more control over that than you seem to think. It's his job to pick the writers and tell them what he wants in the story. The writers are often handcuffed to craft some semblance of story that exists only to link the action scenes together. Bay puts the cart before the horse, and that's on him.

Its not his job, where did you get that info? His job is to supersee that the filming gets done. He doesnt even have final cut.

Also think about it guys, Michael Bay is a multimillionaire. He doesnt have to work for another day in his life. But instead of crackwhores and smack on a yacht, he decides to work 60 hours a week in crammed places eating shitty takeout to get these films done because he knows that if he leaves it to someone else, it wouldnt look as good. And we know what else is out there. The praised Bryan Singer tried making a CGI heavy film by himself and we got Jack the Giant Slayer, which was a mess. I cant think of any other film in the past 10 years, who's main attractions are CGI characters, that look as good as the Transformers films.


He does have the control. He's the executive producer.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811758)
Posted by william-james88 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 1:48pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
He does have the control. He's the executive producer.

A, hA! Right, I didnt think about that, I was just thinking of his role as director. Yes as producer if something doesnt work with him he can most definitely change it.

But does he have final cut? FOr the life of me, I cant find that info, would anyone know?
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811761)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 2:01pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
He does have the control. He's the executive producer.

A, hA! Right, I didnt think about that, I was just thinking of his role as director. Yes as producer if something doesnt work with him he can most definitely change it.

But does he have final cut? FOr the life of me, I cant find that info, would anyone know?

Final cut as in editting or did you mean final say? Either way, I believe the point of an executive director is that they always have final say in matters if it comes down to it.

This is a great video, from a great source about it:

Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811766)
Posted by william-james88 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 2:21pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
He does have the control. He's the executive producer.

A, hA! Right, I didnt think about that, I was just thinking of his role as director. Yes as producer if something doesnt work with him he can most definitely change it.

But does he have final cut? FOr the life of me, I cant find that info, would anyone know?

Final cut as in editting or did you mean final say? Either way, I believe the point of an executive director is that they always have final say in matters if it comes down to it.

This is a great video, from a great source about it:


Final cut is both literal and figuritive. He has the final say on what we see on screen. For example, Joss Whedon did not have final cut on Age of Ultron. They actually filmed an extended scene of Thor and his journey and even had Loki in it. He wanted to keep it but Disney said that he cold only have one slow tangent and it was either that or the Farm Scene with Hawkeye. So that part was cut against Joss Whedon's will. I am wondering if Michael Bay has similar powers that be looking over him and if he is as powerless or not.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811812)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 3rd, 2016 @ 6:17pm CDT
Seibertronians, it's that time of the week again! It's the time where we stop and take a look at all the Transformers 5 The Last Knight stories we haven't reported on yet. So sit back, relax, and enjoy some new Behind the Scenes pictures, new videos from the set plus anything else that's happened in the bayverse this week.

Our first story comes to Seibertron from the TF5 instagram, where they've shared a cropped version of the official poster for the movie, which we reported on earlier this week, but with a cryptic new caption. Check it out below!

------------

Now, going to the opposite side of the social media spectrum, we've got a brand new 360° video from the Official Transformers movie facebook. This time it features a new, behind the scenes look at a Bumblebee Chase scene. With this video, #transformerstuesday seems to be becoming an actual thing, making Transformers fans anticipate next tuesday to see what they'll reveal next! Enjoy below!

----------

Making the jump back over to Instagram, Michael Bay has given us fans a little look into life in the Director's chair. There's a lot of hidden detail to be found in this clip, so see if you.can spot anything, and share it below in the comments!

----------

Our last two photos come from Josh Duhamel's Instagram Where he shared himself and his younger co-stars maintaining healthy habits while on set and...uhm...testing the pyrotechnics. Check both out below!

----------

And that does it for today's round up! Is there a piece of news we missed? Write to us or leave a comment below! Do you want more Bayverse news? You can find all of the other TF5 round-ups here, here, and here, and for everything else TF5 related, go to our specific Movie news section!

Keep it right here on Seibertron.com for the latest and greatest tranformers news on the net!
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811836)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 8:23pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
He does have the control. He's the executive producer.

A, hA! Right, I didnt think about that, I was just thinking of his role as director. Yes as producer if something doesnt work with him he can most definitely change it.

But does he have final cut? FOr the life of me, I cant find that info, would anyone know?

Final cut as in editting or did you mean final say? Either way, I believe the point of an executive director is that they always have final say in matters if it comes down to it.

This is a great video, from a great source about it:


Final cut is both literal and figuritive. He has the final say on what we see on screen. For example, Joss Whedon did not have final cut on Age of Ultron. They actually filmed an extended scene of Thor and his journey and even had Loki in it. He wanted to keep it but Disney said that he cold only have one slow tangent and it was either that or the Farm Scene with Hawkeye. So that part was cut against Joss Whedon's will. I am wondering if Michael Bay has similar powers that be looking over him and if he is as powerless or not.


I'm kind of doubting Bay has similar powers looking over him, as he's not making a movie for the MCU. I'm pretty sure how controlling Marvel is over their movies is somewhat of an outlier case, as they want everything to fit together meticulously, and most studios aren't quite that iron-fisted.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811865)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:11pm CDT
Seibertronians, we've got some pretty big, (but quite random) news out of the Transformers Instagram. It seems like a fan-favorite G1 character will be making his Bayverse debut in TF5. It's Hot Rod! Check out his robot mode embedded below, and tell us what you think in the comments!
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811866)
Posted by stormcloud on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:11pm CDT
Image
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811868)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:21pm CDT
Not what I expected, but...interesting!
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811869)
Posted by SeventhSage on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:21pm CDT
I don't know how to feel... I guess I'm glad that they're bringing in new characters but maybe it shouldn't me hot rod
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811870)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:22pm CDT
That thing is ugly even by Bayverse standards. I'm happy that there will be a Hot Rod in Bayverse, but that design is :SICK:
I wonder what the vehicle mode and model will be. I was really hoping that there would be a Rodimus in the movies, perhaps another semi truck, red with yellow flames. (A Bayverse version of Super-Link Rodimus Convoy would be awesome!) They did the flame paint job for Optimus, it would have been much more appropriate for Rodimus. Also, I suspected there will be a Hot Rod/Rodimus character in the next film ever since Judd Nelson was at BotCon.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811871)
Posted by Kurona on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:26pm CDT
stormcloud wrote:Image

That's...
...
I'll put the swear words aside for now. On a positive note his shins match the IDW version of the character, which feels like a nice nod. Otherwise if you asked me to tell you who this is supposed to be a new version of I'd be hard-pressed to say; he doesn't have the flame deco, the wrist-gun-pipe thingies, the big spoiler... and they're really taking this "brother in arms with Bumblebee" thing very seriously since I am pretty sure that's just a recolour of Bumblebee's head.
To put it in a less-than-violent way, it's not a design I particularly care for.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811872)
Posted by First-Aid on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:28pm CDT
Compared to some of the other Bayverse bots, this one is pretty tame. But seriously, not bad!

On a side note, is anyone else getting a distinct Bossk (Leia's Return of the Jedi disguise)vibe from his face?
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811874)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:36pm CDT
Well, folks, to all of you who kept asking for them to add more guys to the live action movies whose names matched those who were introduced the 1986 movie, you asked for "Hot Rod" and now you got'em! :-P
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811876)
Posted by Hero Alpha on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:52pm CDT
Hot Rod actually doesnt look bad considering its a Bayverse movie design. Just not much like Hot Rod, like was mentioned the shins/feet look cool but no arm pipes or spoiler wings is not. I also dont like the trend since the last movie where the bots dont show any sign of tires in robot mode.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811877)
Posted by SlyTF1 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:52pm CDT
This is huge.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811878)
Posted by Burn on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:53pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:This is huge.

No, it's just another character reveal.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811881)
Posted by SlyTF1 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 11:59pm CDT
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:This is huge.

No, it's just another character reveal.


Of a massive character in Transformers lore.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811882)
Posted by Deadput on August 4th, 2016 @ 12:00am CDT
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:This is huge.

No, it's just another character reveal.



Which is huge for movie news.

Character reveals are always huge.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811883)
Posted by JazZeke on August 4th, 2016 @ 12:00am CDT
Meh. They couldn't even get the colors right.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811885)
Posted by Deadput on August 4th, 2016 @ 12:03am CDT
JazZeke wrote:Meh. They couldn't even get the colors right.



It's movie 5 you should not be surprised by now that colours are different from their g1 counterparts it's your own fault for expecting things that won't happen.

And it's good we can have a new interpretation of a character instead of copy and pasting a old design.
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811887)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 4th, 2016 @ 12:14am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:This is huge.

No, it's just another character reveal.


Of a massive character in Transformers lore.
Who may or may not be a massive character in the movie. You're assuming things based on the name alone, yet previous films have shown that a big name doesn't always make the character a big deal in their movie. For instance, Shockwave is a huge name, yet he was barely in DOTM. Grimlock, too, is a big name, yet he played no big role in AOE until its final 20 minutes out of what was almost a 3 hour movie, and said role was little more than being Optimus's fire-breathing horse.

We needn't have to get too excited about this reveal just yet until we find out more about what kind of role he'll play in the movie. For all we know, he could be a double agent who tries to assassinate Optimus for the Decepticons, or he could be a mere comic relief foil for the more main characters to play off of, or he could even only have a cameo appearance at the film's ending meant to build up hype for the sixth movie. Or he could even just be killed off shortly after his introduction just the shock the audience.

We simply don't know anything about him at this point, so there's not much to go on for now besides his name since he could have had any name with that design and still be the same character anyway. And with the films' history of using familiar names for different characters, it's anyone's guess as to whether or not he'll have any real importance to the film's story or if he'll be anything like the typical Hot Rod character type (beyond the rudimentary details we are given by this image).
Re: Official Poster Art - Transformers: The Last Knight (1811889)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on August 4th, 2016 @ 12:19am CDT
stormcloud wrote:Image


I don't like that his backside is mostly uncovered/uncolored/unplated. There's nothing on the back of his torso, arms, or legs.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #27 IDW Comics 2014 27A (CA) Coller"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JAN210499 2B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915V"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EVOLUTIONS Hearts of Steel #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2006 (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers EVOLU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 7th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM896 (CA) Di Nicuolo (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 7th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230375 3A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr F RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2022 300F (CA) Joseph"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM259 305B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 SEP221681 300C (CA) Diaz"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM465 6B (CA) Ward (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM282 303B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #41 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220489 41RI (CA) Samu"
TRANSFORMERS #41 R ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #352 - Revenge of Buzzsaw
Twincast / Podcast #352:
"Revenge of Buzzsaw"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 15th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON