Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight

Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight

Monday, May 16th, 2016 5:45pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 34,727

Ladles and gentlebolts, we have a title for the fifth instalment in the live action Transformers series from Paramount and Hasbro, under Michael Bay's direction: according to a number of sources, including the newly created Instagram account, the new film will be

Transformers: The Last Knight
Transformers News: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight

Which fits in nicely from where we left with Age of Extinction. Check out the embedded Instagram announcement below, too!

Calling all #Autobots: Optimus Prime is ready for battle. Are you? #transformers

A video posted by Transformers (@transformersmovie) on

Credit(s): Transformers Official

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 4:45am CDT

Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790109)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 16th, 2016 @ 5:59pm CDT
Ok, Now I'm very excited. THAT is an awesome title, and very fitting too! :MAXIMAL:
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790110)
Posted by carytheone on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:05pm CDT

Is it just me or is that a new font?
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790111)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:07pm CDT
carytheone wrote:I thought it said Dark Knight and was very confused. I do like the subtitle though. Sounds interesting and fun.

Is it just me or is that a new font?

Pretty sure it is new font :D :MAXIMAL:
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790112)
Posted by Madeus Prime on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:07pm CDT
Hey look, they changed the font. So far that's the biggest thing that interests me.
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790114)
Posted by Mkall on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:13pm CDT
I still haven't seen Age of Extinction...
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790115)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:14pm CDT
Greebles EVERYWHERE!

Seems like they're following thru on the utterly random knight theme, which is something. Given how such plot points as Prime and Megs being "brothers" or the Hatchlings went, I fully expected to never hear of the Knights again.

Purple eyes, hmm....
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790117)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:17pm CDT
Well that's...kinda stupid, but not entirely? I dunno. It's hard for me to get excited about the films. That'll probably change when it gets closer though.
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790118)
Posted by carytheone on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:17pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I still haven't seen Age of Extinction...
Want some cliffnotes?

:BOT:
:CON: ish
this guy
:michaelbay:
THE END
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790119)
Posted by Lucky Logician on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:23pm CDT

Why does he look like he has blood on the side of his face? #-o
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790120)
Posted by YRQRM0 on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:27pm CDT
Prime goes off exploring, we don't see what happens to him, and he comes back to earth evil with purple eyes and killing everyone. Someone drops a line calling him nemesis prime.
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790121)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:33pm CDT
Grimlock will be killed on-screen in the first 15 minutes. Hound and Crosshairs will be killed off-screen. Drift and the other Dinobots will never even be mentioned. That's what I'm predicting.
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790122)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:37pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
Mkall wrote:I still haven't seen Age of Extinction...
Want some cliffnotes?

:BOT:
:CON: ish
this guy
:michaelbay:
THE END

10/10 best TLDR I've seen in a while.

Not crazy about the subtitle nor the new font. A trailer would help me get excited for this.
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790124)
Posted by SureShot18 on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:38pm CDT
Ooh cool title. I imagine we'll be getting plenty of time with Prime and his adventures in space. Hopefully cutting down a little on the human screen time.
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790125)
Posted by Genericon on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:41pm CDT
The fact that they're calling it "The Last Knight" makes me wonder if they're gonna kill off the Dinobots in the first hour of this thing (cause you know it's gonna be over 2 hours long).
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790127)
Posted by 1984forever on May 16th, 2016 @ 6:51pm CDT
These guys wanna write about Transformers?

Or do they wanna write about the Knights of the Roundtable?
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790128)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 16th, 2016 @ 7:00pm CDT

I told you AOE would be the harbinger of the next level of Transformers movies! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :APPLAUSE: WHOO, shit, boy, I can't wait! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! The eluding of the Knights was the best element of AOE's story, and they're expanding on it, just like I said they would! I was worried they'd forget about it like they forgot about the Primes in DOTM, but they didn't! AHAHAHAHAHA! I'M HYPED!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :APPLAUSE: :michaelbay: THE greatest movie of all time! Of ALL TIME!!!
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790130)
Posted by RevTibe on May 16th, 2016 @ 7:12pm CDT
Huh, the sub suggests a degree of continuity, that'd be a step up. Giving Prime a vague arc in Age of Extinction was probably the first time a live-action TF movie has tried to have a Transformer as a relatable character who can grow and change, so it'd be nice if we continue that.

While I don't have much attachment to the live actions, I've made peace with them. (Nice injection of cash into the franchise, too.) Low imagination action blockbuster, eh. I'm always open to being proven wrong, but I'll be waiting until I can catch it on Netflix or DVD or something, not enough engagement to watch in a theater.

1984forever wrote:These guys wanna write about Transformers?

Or do they wanna write about the Knights of the Roundtable?

:P Why not both?
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790132)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 16th, 2016 @ 7:19pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

I told you AOE would be the harbinger of the next level of Transformers movies! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :APPLAUSE: WHOO, SHIZZLESNIT, boy, I can't wait! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! The eluding of the Knights was the best element of AOE's story, and they're expanding on it, just like I said they would! I was worried they'd forget about it like they forgot about the Primes in DOTM, but they didn't! AHAHAHAHAHA! I'M HYPED!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :APPLAUSE: :michaelbay: THE greatest movie of all time! Of ALL TIME!!!

Will somebody get this guy back on his meds please?
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790134)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 16th, 2016 @ 7:26pm CDT
Knights in TF G1.

Hotrodimus (Cavalier count?)

Victory Leo (He's Knighty knight)

That's all I recall. Could one of them be present?
Re: Official Title Announcement - Paramount Transformers: The Last Knight (1790136)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 16th, 2016 @ 7:46pm CDT
I like it and I am looking forward to it and a whole new line of movie toys (they are my main reason for collecting TFs). :)

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 AUTOBOT RATCHET Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers - Devastator Scrapper Payloader - Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Scrapper 1984" on EBAY