Sunday, January 10th, 2010 10:51am CST

Categories: Toy News, Game News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 53,795

Transformers toy information specialist s250 has provided TFW2005 with an image of a fully painted Optimus Prime figure from the War for Cybertron game. It's difficult to tell the scale of the figure, but most people seem to think it appears to be Deluxe Class. This figure doesn't look to be at it's final stage yet, so it may change between now and release.

This image looks very different from the prototype we saw before. Is it possible we'll be seeing multiple figures? Or is this the new incarnation? Check out the image below!

Re: Pic of possible War for Cybertron OP toy

More information on the War For Cybertron toyline will be provided as it becomes available.

Credit(s): s250

This article was last modified on Sunday, January 10th, 2010 1:30pm CST

Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035442)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 10th, 2010 @ 11:00am CST
I like the look of it. It's clearly missing something on the top.

Bring em on, I'm eager to see some more from this line.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035448)
Posted by EdabanG on January 10th, 2010 @ 11:27am CST
This will look nice on my desk at work.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035450)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 10th, 2010 @ 11:35am CST
EdabanG wrote:Judging by the size of the pins in the connections, this looks to be a Legends size figure.
This will look nice on my desk at work.

Too many large moving parts to be a legends figure.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035452)
Posted by Forgotten on January 10th, 2010 @ 11:46am CST
I say deluxe, interesting enough to grab my interest though. Needs shiny taktomy paint.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035456)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 10th, 2010 @ 12:05pm CST
I dont care what class it is damn thing looks cool.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035467)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 10th, 2010 @ 12:39pm CST
I don't think it's a different figure. It looks like it's just missing a panel.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035470)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 10th, 2010 @ 12:55pm CST
OH GOOD GOD JUST SHOW US THE WHOLE THING!!! i want bot mode pics! i want this toy soooooooo bad!!!! :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035471)
Posted by jacksonspade on January 10th, 2010 @ 12:57pm CST
I could see this being a bonus for pre-ordering the game at Gamestop.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035473)
Posted by Narc on January 10th, 2010 @ 1:05pm CST
I think it's mistransformed.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035482)
Posted by First-Aid on January 10th, 2010 @ 1:44pm CST
The following conversation just occurred when i saw the post:

Me: "Well, well, well. What have we here?"
Wife: "It looks ugly. Is it a Go-Bot?"

Priceless.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035483)
Posted by YRQRM0 on January 10th, 2010 @ 1:47pm CST
Definitely WFC material. It looks like deluxe, voyager at the most. Or...maybe a new class in-between? Or, it might not be any class at all, just some exclusive with pre-ordering the game or something. Looks cool, but the paint apps seem a little off from the dark colors seen so far.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035488)
Posted by Cyhwuhx on January 10th, 2010 @ 2:27pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:I don't think it's a different figure. It looks like it's just missing a panel.

Yup, you can see the arm that's supposed to keep the panel in place sticking out on top. Also the side shows a little indentation with a raised nub to probably help guide the 'hood' into place.

Looking good. :)
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035494)
Posted by Savage on January 10th, 2010 @ 2:44pm CST
Looks slightly mistransformed, maybe just not snapped into place.
Still, looking good, definitely got my attention.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035523)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 10th, 2010 @ 4:52pm CST
The... game is getting a toyline?
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035536)
Posted by Cyhwuhx on January 10th, 2010 @ 5:14pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:The... game is getting a toyline?

Sign o'the times, ain't it?
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035539)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 10th, 2010 @ 5:26pm CST
Cyhwuhx wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:The... game is getting a toyline?

Sign o'the times, ain't it?

Yeah. Not exactly sure it's a good sign, to be honest. *Shrug*
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035542)
Posted by Blurrz on January 10th, 2010 @ 5:30pm CST
I dunno about you Striker, but I'll take it over repaints any day.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035552)
Posted by autobot-jolt on January 10th, 2010 @ 5:57pm CST
*groan*

Not ANOTHER Optimus Prime. I'm not that psyched for the new WFC game, nor do I need another Optimus Prime (I have at least 15 all ready). It looks cool, but as Blurr once said "it lacks a certain creativity." What I really need is a leader Megatron. I've got animated, but no it has to be shorter than RotF Prime. I don't really like the movie Megatron toys either (save the voyagers, but, they're voyagers). Maybe I'll get Cybertron Megs, but that's expensive, and WFC Megatron doesn't look appealing either. I don't know, but does anyone know of another good, leader Megatron that's at least as tall as ROTF Prime? Back on topic, here's the botom line: NOT getting WFC Prime.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035560)
Posted by Forgotten on January 10th, 2010 @ 6:35pm CST
autobot-jolt wrote:*groan*

Well, I do so love my Cybertron Megatron, but if you don't want that, I say the next best that's in that size range is probably Energon Megs or if you like the old school as much as me I LOVE my G2 Megs. Just my opinion on that. I have to say I hope they're doing a full line for this because I WANT that Megs & Soundwave. Since i'm a Starscream completist I will need that as well.
Re: Picture of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Figure (1035563)
Posted by Mkall on January 10th, 2010 @ 6:41pm CST
If this does turn into a full line, then I'll have a conundrum.

I've typically only purchased one figure to represent a given character (shattered Glass doesn't count). So if they do go full out with a toy line, I'll either get them all, and devote some shelf space solely to them; or choose figures and use them to replace some of thei current figs (I'm looking at you Ironhide) or stand them with them as different characters.

Decisions, decisions...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Exclusive Netflix Scrapface Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Cyberverse Megatron figure (missing r arm) Dark of the Moon" on EBAY
Buy "HOTLINK Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy Siege Netflix Hasbro 2020 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG 53 Broadside no box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Leader Class Titans Return Decepticon Overlord Action Figure toyNEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Octone Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY