Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release

Thursday, January 21st, 2016 2:26pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 36,186

Interesting how in one day we get two indications that one of Hasbro's 2016 Masterpiece releases will be Bumblebee.

Firstly, on the TFW2005 boards, Kiresu put up a picture of a listing on Toysrus' database that describes Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee with Spike. While there is no indication as to exactly what is included as the "Spike" accessory, it would probably by the exosuit figure, since it was still left open whether or not that was Spike or Daniel. That would definitely help explain the $64.99 it is priced at.

Let us know what you think!

Transformers News: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release

Transformers News: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release

Credit(s): Kiresu and Hasbro

Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758093)
Posted by ScottyP on January 21st, 2016 @ 2:56pm CST
Figured this was probably inevitable, but glad to see it. Here's hoping for some kind of difference from the Takara one!
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758104)
Posted by Burn on January 21st, 2016 @ 3:32pm CST
My first reaction was "but he's already been released in Australia" ... then I remembered that was the TT release with English instructions. :-P
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758110)
Posted by Emerje on January 21st, 2016 @ 3:50pm CST
william-james88 wrote:On the same day this was found, Hasbro posted a picture on their official Facebook page which features the Masterpiece Bumblebee toy. While this could just be for fun rather than a full blown tease, the fact that we now know we are probably getting a Hasbro MP Bumblebee does beg the question as to whether or not the MP Bumblebee featured on that picture is Takara's or Hasbro's own issue.

I just want to point out that they've used MP Bee two other times here and here. It was likely all done just in fun, but it definitely got the rumor rolling about two weeks ago.

Emerje
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758120)
Posted by william-james88 on January 21st, 2016 @ 4:30pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Thanks for the added info :)
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758121)
Posted by kurthy on January 21st, 2016 @ 4:30pm CST
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758122)
Posted by william-james88 on January 21st, 2016 @ 4:33pm CST
kurthy wrote:Considering you could import TT's MP-21 for that price (if available), I'm more than a little disappointed in Hasbro's price tag. You could get MP-21 from BBTS for only slightly more. Where's the value of a domestic release if it costs the same and comes out later?

There is no value. But there are fans who are hesitant of buying online. And there is also the hope for discounts and coupon use, which is something you can get at TRU that you cant from ordering the japan version online.

I am currently just dreading what this means for the canadian price. $65 is over $90 in Canada :shock: Aint no way I am paying 90$ for Bumblebee!
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758123)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 21st, 2016 @ 4:41pm CST
Pretty sure the Facebook-related one is pure coincidence; I think they've used him in other gag posts in the past before. :-?

Hopefully this rings true: I'm actually slightly pining for a Masterpiece Bumblebee (thought I'd never say those words in my life... *shudder*)
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758136)
Posted by Microraptor on January 21st, 2016 @ 5:25pm CST
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758149)
Posted by Kup98ss on January 21st, 2016 @ 6:19pm CST
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758151)
Posted by shajaki on January 21st, 2016 @ 6:25pm CST
Soooo happy. I want a second Bee and eBay is a no go, simply infested with KO's. Most other places (online) that he's still available is as expensive as TRU fella will be. The second I see him (in store or online) he's so bought.
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758160)
Posted by william-james88 on January 21st, 2016 @ 6:48pm CST
Kup98ss wrote:$65????? Why on earth would I wait one to two years for the chance of having one of these masterpieces show up in the states when I can import it for the same price. Hell, the KO's are half the price and get made before Hasbro makes them. Great sales strategy Hasbro/Toys R Us.

Well, it is cheaper than BBTS, which too many people see as a basis for the price (which as you alluded to, is incorrect).

So this could be made for those unknowing of the japanese market or those who are not familiar or feel uneasy about doing international purchases. I dont think this is for the savy collector, but instead for those unaware of this product or of the other ways of purchasing it. I wouldnt look down on this release or the price. Anyone who buys it is someone who wouldnt have known to buy it otherwise. I dont see that as negative in any way.

You got one for cheaper, and another fan got something they didnt know existed before (or cheaper than BBTS), everybody wins!
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758197)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 21st, 2016 @ 9:01pm CST
Oof, that price.
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758211)
Posted by william-james88 on January 21st, 2016 @ 9:22pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Oof, that price.

:DANCE: Cheaper than BBTS :DANCE:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758225)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 21st, 2016 @ 9:48pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oof, that price.

:DANCE: Cheaper than BBTS :DANCE:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Meh, maybe if I found it at a store, and it was the one with the cool visor, I'd get it, but bumblebee looks kinda dumb as is >:oP
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758226)
Posted by Bronzewolf on January 21st, 2016 @ 9:48pm CST
I'd like to say that I called this way back when I got Hasbro MP Bluestreak early last summer. Proof: https://plus.google.com/104887273530870 ... LQPgVV1srT
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758339)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 22nd, 2016 @ 6:42am CST
I thought Volkswagen wouldn't sign off on US licensing?
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758344)
Posted by Starsaber468 on January 22nd, 2016 @ 7:09am CST
65$ [-( well screw that now.....
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758350)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 22nd, 2016 @ 8:07am CST
Starsaber468 wrote:Me right now: I don't have the MP bumblebee mold and now their is possibly going be release I might get it. :D Now lets see the price.....
65$ [-( well screw that now.....

It's worth it. I consider MP Bumblebee the single most perfect Transformer ever made.
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758353)
Posted by Emerje on January 22nd, 2016 @ 8:28am CST

Ironhidensh wrote:
65$ [-( well screw that now.....

That's a pretty bold statement. Personally, the forearm kibble bothers me way too much.

Emerje
Re: Possible Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Release (1758357)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 22nd, 2016 @ 8:37am CST
Emerje wrote:You know what else cost $65? Masterpiece Starscream at more than twice the size. I really don't understand Hasbro's rational for pricing MPs. For larger ones they're roughly half the price of their Japanese counterparts, but for the cars they've been just about the same. When it comes to the big MPs it makes sense to take a chance and wait for Hasbro (this is the year we should see Ultra Magnus if ever), but for the cars the best bet is to import. My MP BB only cost US$35 plus another US$5 for shipping by importing.

Ironhidensh wrote:
65$ [-( well screw that now.....

Emerje

I stand by it. For me, the Bee represents everything I want in a transformer.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #284 - Welcome to 2010
"Welcome to 2010"
Posted: Sunday, September 12th, 2021

Buy "ThreeA Transformers Bumblebee Movie BLITZWING DLX FIGURE SHIPS FROM USA NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Vintage And Movie Series" on EBAY
Buy "transformers studio series #65 blitzwing from Bumblebee movie NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege - Crosshairs - Deluxe Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots SWIFT THE CHEETAH BOT MiniCons" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Cyberverse Commander Movie DOTM Transformers Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Stratego Transformers Milton Bradley Board Game 2007 - 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus new sealed mosc commander" on EBAY