Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail

Transformers News: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail

Saturday, March 2nd, 2019 8:58PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 32,592

We have amazing news for all those who just could not wait to get their hands on Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime, the one from the Bumblebee film with the more G1 aesthetic. It has been spotted, along with his wavemate Rampage at a Walmart in Florida. The image was posted on Reddit as proof. The toys are priced at $28.96 USD each. They were due out in April, so this is one month early. We wish you US fans all the best in tracking this sought after Optimus Prime toy down.

If you have found them, share your sightings with our community in the sightings section and on our boards in your region related thread.

Credit(s): Transformers Subreddit
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013059)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on March 2nd, 2019 @ 9:00pm CST
20190302_205701.jpg
you know this should give an idea on how large devastator is gonna be, the old supreme class' leg is as tall as the new one's foot so I expect devastator to be around titan class If not bigger
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013060)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 2nd, 2019 @ 9:19pm CST
Have some Megatron:

Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013084)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 3rd, 2019 @ 3:50am CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Jetfire, wow, Jetfire is BAD. I have tried 3 times over the course of 4 hours, and I have not gotten him into jet mode yet. His legs refuse to work, they refuse to tab in straight. I cannot get his legs and arms to tab into jet mode in ANY location, and his front and back parts of his legs will not align either. I have yet to see a good jet mode out of him, and it's so depressing! He just won't cooperate!

I don't get this at all. I've had absolutely no issues with transforming Jetfire at all and have done so several times since I got him at start of year. It's actually a pretty simple transformation too and I didn't use the instructions (never even took them out of box).

I even posted two pics of him in jet mode on the previous page.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=2012972

Can you post pics of the parts you're having trouble with? I'm not saying this stuff to appear superior or smug, I'm genuinely trying to help folk enjoy the figure they've purchased that I have no had any trouble with. Kinda like when William-James had issues with Jazz not transforming properly but was cos he had missed the peg inside the roof that plugs into his backside and when done the panels fit just fine.

Edit: took a couple pics of the underside of my Jetfire if it's of any help to you guys. I took it with the axe attached first before realising I should remove it so took another pic without it too. :P
DSC_0897.jpg

DSC_0898.jpg

If you need me to peel back any parts so you can see how the legs are transformed and such just let me know.

I swore off buying new toys for a lil while but that DotM Megatron is still tempting me. I still need Bonecrusher and to find a cheap Brawl someplace too.
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013095)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 3rd, 2019 @ 7:00am CST
Those giant square boots on Leader DOTM Megatron just ruin the entire figure for me. They could have managed the truck kibbles better.
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013099)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 3rd, 2019 @ 7:47am CST
Kapow currently have the wave 1 and 2 voyagers at only £16.97 each instead of £29.99. Dangit I just bid on a Brawl on eBay and gotta wait for that to end or get outbid. :P But here's links to the Kapow listings if you're a UK collector looking for these figures at a good price.

SS05 Optimus Prime https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformer ... es-05.html
SS06 Starscream https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformer ... -ss06.html
SS12 Brawl https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformer ... -6200.html
SS13 Megatron https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformer ... -6201.html
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013127)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 3rd, 2019 @ 10:34am CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote: For some reason, SIEGE is making leaps and bounds with posability, but STUDIO SERIES seems to be getting worse. Why?????

In my opinion? Because Siege is primarily designed as a children's toys first, and Studio Series is primarily designed as a display piece first. I could be way off there, but that is how it feels to me.

I haven't transformed Megatron yet, to be honest, so I don't know about the issues there, but I would agree with you on the hips.
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013132)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 10:42am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:

I wouldn't say Studio Series is being designed to be a line of display pieces. I'd actually say that it's a line that's trying to cope with transforming realistic vehicles to robot modes that have some parts of the vehicle, but also lots of parts that disappear or change size, and as a result of that, articulation is taking a step back to allow for transformation to take place. Though, I can't really explain the lack of wrist swivels on some of the figures...
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013135)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 3rd, 2019 @ 10:50am CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote: Though, I can't really explain the lack of wrist swivels on some of the figures...

Which ones should and could (where transformation allows wrist be thick enough)? Blackout was certainly one but the Shockwave Lab hands on mine really helped with that and added finger articulation so that's good. It's rare on the Deluxes (given the size probably), with the voyagers Optimus (SS05 and SS32), Ironhide and Starscream have it (dunno about Brawl cos I don't have him and Megatron has weird hands in general), I can't remember if Grimlock had it on his one hand cos I sold him in favour of Black Mamba's version but Jetfire has similar wrists to Starscream.

Ironhidensh wrote:I, too, am shocked that you are having trouble with Jetfire. I was able to transform him perfectly without instructions. I'm sorry you are having trouble.

Not directly aimed at me but I thank you for proving I'm not crazy. About this anyways. :P
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013137)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 10:56am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013138)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 3rd, 2019 @ 11:00am CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Specifically, Ratchet could have benefitted with having them. And I think the Lockdown and Stinger molds could have been engineered slightly differently to allow for wrist swivels, but I don't they're as important there :lol:

Yeah I can agree on Ratchet, holding him in hand now. Not sure about Lockdown and Stinger molds since their hands are so integrated with the car doors (pretty much the whole back of the hand is door) I can't see that being possible. But yeah Ratchet's could have potentially been done.
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013142)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 11:10am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Personally, I can't really talk about most of the molds as distribution and shelf warming has made it to where the stores in my area just have Dropkick and DotM Ratchet for the deluxes, and RotF Starscream for the voyagers and they haven't restocked the leaders so I haven't been able to grab any of the figures I've been looking at, but wanting to see in hand how they look before buying. On the plus side though, it looks like all the coming figures look great in the renders and at the physically reveals, so I don't have to hunt for them in store when they come out cause I can just find them online :twisted: :lol:
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013144)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 3rd, 2019 @ 11:16am CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:and RotF Starscream for the voyagers and they haven't restocked the leaders

I had to get RotF Starscream shipped from the US cos I couldn't find it in the UK, certainly not in actual stores but it turned out to be about £7 cheaper including the shipping to do so anyways cos Amazon US were selling it for 20 dollars so yay for me :D But yeah I've not seen any of the Jetfire, SS32 Prime, DotM Megatron, Sideswipe, Barry and co wave to appear in stores here yet. I've bought the ones I have from that lot online. A ton of Thundercrackers seems to have recently appeared to clog up the shelves at The Entertainer for £19.99. Presumably left-over Toys R Us stock (though the nearest TRU closed over a year ago).
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013147)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 11:22am CST
So here is this morning's attempt at transforming. It's the legs and shoulders that are issues, They will not tab in and I think my ending covers are not aligned properly construction wise. The foot tabs into the rest, but the engine cover itself is off by about half an hour in terms of attempting to tab

Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013156)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 3rd, 2019 @ 11:43am CST
Hm, I'm not sure what's causing the issue. Can you pull it out at 90 degrees and ensure every detail and part is aligned or rotated (particularly the actual engine bits themselves since they need to be rotated into place properly) like in my photos below if it helps at all? Or take similar photos to these so we can have a look to? I know the issue might not even be visible in these but just to be sure?

Inner side of wing
DSC_0915.jpg

inner side of body
DSC_0913.jpg

How it should be when wing is pushed back into position
DSC_0908.jpg
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013163)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 11:53am CST
I had all the parts aligned, they just don't want to stay tabbed in.

But as sad as the alt mode is, this robot mode is the bomb!

Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013165)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 3rd, 2019 @ 11:56am CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I had all the parts aligned, they just don't want to stay tabbed in.

But as sad as the alt mode is, this robot mode is the bomb!

Heh, that pic is so very much why I love his robot mode. So much character. :) But yeah I really his jet mode a lot too and I'm really sorry yours doesn't seem to transform correctly. Maybe a QC issue? :/
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013167)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 3rd, 2019 @ 11:58am CST
Oh for sure, if there is something Studio Series has killed at, it's the looks of the robot modes. Grimlock and Lockdown have stood out to me since the beginning for the awesome robot mode detailing, and Megatron and Jetfire continue that trend nicely!
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013168)
Posted by william-james88 on March 3rd, 2019 @ 12:02pm CST
Its a qc issue. You are best to return it to the store and get another one (once they restock)
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013185)
Posted by DeathReviews on March 3rd, 2019 @ 12:35pm CST
Re: Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime and Rampage Out at Wide US Retail (2013188)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 3rd, 2019 @ 12:59pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:Another Optimus Prime figure? I've reviewed two in as many months now already. When will it end? ;)

:bigmichaelbay: NEVER! :bigmichaelbay:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers AoE Bumblebee VS Lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Metals Die Cast Truck Jada Car Toys" on EBAY
Buy "HIGH OCTANE BUMBLEBEE TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION ACTION FIGURE, UNOPENED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Sky-Byte Generations New" on EBAY
Buy "Age of Extinction Bumblebee 17 Inch Plush Wrestling Buddy by Transformers New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lockdown Age of Extinction Complete with Promo Poster" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE RID SHARKTICON DELUXE ROBOTS IN DISGUISE NEW SEALED!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE & DOOMBOX Bumblebee Movie G1 Leader Class Target Excusive" on EBAY