SUPER7 ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS SUPER SHOGUNS!

SUPER7 ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS SUPER SHOGUNS!

Saturday, July 14th, 2012 2:16am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,144

Super7 has officially announced their new licensing deal with Hasbro. In addition to the previous reported Super Shogun Optimus Prime they will also producing Japanese Vinyl figures, retro glassware, T-Shirts, and limited art prints.

Super7 teams up with Hasbro to bring the most popular Japanese giant robots of all time to the Super Shogun format! OPTIMUS PRIME and other Autobots and Decipticons will be realized as jumbo-scaled, 24” tall retro-bot complete with rocket punch! These will be among the largest TRANSFORMER collectibles ever produced!

As part of this multi-year licensing agreement, Super7 will also produce TRANSFORMERS merchandise in a variety of categories, including Designer Japanese Vinyl Figures, retro-themed Glassware, Designer T-Shirts, and Limited Edition Art Prints! Stop by Super7’s booth (#4729) at the San Diego Comic Con for teasers of what is to come in 2013.

Credit(s): Super7

Re: SUPER7 ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS SUPER SHOGUNS! (1400578)
Posted by Anonymous on July 14th, 2012 @ 4:03am CDT
Burn wrote:
Mykltron wrote:With a whopping SIX POINTS OF ARTICULATION

Don't knock it! It's more than I have when I first wake up in the morning.

LMAO. Gentlemen, I take my hat off to both of you :APPLAUSE:
Re: SUPER7 ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS SUPER SHOGUNS! (1400685)
Posted by T-Macksimus on July 14th, 2012 @ 11:32am CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:
Mykltron wrote:If it looks as bad as this:
then I'll be rendered speechless by the price tag. Did they design it on a napkin at lunch time? With a whopping SIX POINTS OF ARTICULATION it truly is a waste of money.

I can see why a lot of fans might really dislike/hate these. But if you grew up playing with Shogun Warriors prior to playing with/collecting Transformers (like me), I can see that there's a market for them. I actually regret not buying that stormtrooper warrior and may get this and their pending Boba Fett version too.

I'm totally with you there, Mykltron. I regret ever having sold my Mazinga Shogun Warrior but didn't have a lot of choice in the matter at the time. Getting a Fett one would be very cool and Optimus will be just over the top.

For those of you bitching about "It doesn't transform, it only has 6 points of articulation, that Stormtrooper looks like crap, blah blah blah..." all I have to say is your childhood must have just sucked ass. I feel sorry for the younger generation that has to have everything done for them, has to have all their stuff do 5000 different things with bells and whistles because you people lack even the basic fundamentals of imagination and zero appreciation for anything that has come before.
If it weren't for Shogun Warriors and other giant fighting robot toys/cartoons there would be no Transformers...PERIOD! So quit your whining and show some GD respect. These toys kicked ass 40 years ago and I'm damn glad to see someone trying to give them a comeback. If someone offered me a choice between a MISB G1 Devastator or a Shogun Warrior, I'd pick the Shogun in a heartbeat, that's how cool they are.
Re: SUPER7 ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS SUPER SHOGUNS! (1400822)
Posted by Overcracker on July 14th, 2012 @ 9:02pm CDT
I have to say Wow, talk about having no regard for what others may like without knowing anything about the item in question.

I can understand not liking something, but simply saying its crap without even understanding what it is?

Personally The Shogun-Style figures aren't really my cup of tea, though I did like the Mazinger-Z released a while back.

I understand these things are produced in limited numbers which accounts for there high price tags.

With that said, Id still like to see what Prime looks like. They may be simple, but are a staple of giant robot toy history.
Re: SUPER7 ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS SUPER SHOGUNS! (1400887)
Posted by zodconvoy on July 15th, 2012 @ 12:08am CDT
"World's Largest Actionmaster"
Re: SUPER7 ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS SUPER SHOGUNS! (1400942)
Posted by Anonymous on July 15th, 2012 @ 3:19am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:
Mykltron wrote:If it looks as bad as this:

People have every right to "bitch" as you so succinctly put it. It's their opinion and their money, they'll speak and spend it as they see fit. But to state that their "childhood sucked ass"? That's an extremely ignorant statement. Just because they don't share the same enthusiasm as you do for a certain inanimate object doesn't justify their lack of imagination. I was never into Shogun Warriors, but that didn't stop me having a lot of fun as a child, even with my lack of and zero appreciation of what came before. And why should I? It's not as if a toy did something that deserved my gratitude and respect. They're just toys. What do I have to be grateful for? Originality? It's not like Shogun Warriors was the first influential robots in popular culture. Fritz Lang's Metropolis?
And just for the record, I'd have a MISB Devastator and the cross cultural success the TF brand has any day of the week.
Re: SUPER7 ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS SUPER SHOGUNS! (1400945)
Posted by RhA on July 15th, 2012 @ 3:49am CDT
´You didn´t like broccoli? I feel sorry for you, your childhood sucked ass.´
Re: SUPER7 ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS SUPER SHOGUNS! (1401321)
Posted by Megatron000 on July 16th, 2012 @ 11:10am CDT
Even though they won't be able to Transform, I'm definitely stoked about this. I have a ton of Super 7 and Transformers figures so being able to pick up something that's a combo of both is pretty awesome imo
Re: SUPER7 ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS SUPER SHOGUNS! (1401333)
Posted by RodimalToyota on July 16th, 2012 @ 11:39am CDT
It's not a toy, It's culture.
For some of you who claim to love Japanese culture, you sure don't know it.
Re: SUPER7 ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS SUPER SHOGUNS! (1401485)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 16th, 2012 @ 9:15pm CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:It's not a toy, It's culture.
For some of you who claim to love Japanese culture, you sure don't know it.

A person can appreciate aspects of a culture without knowing or liking absolutely everything about it 100%.

But by all means, everyone keep making blanket statements about people who don't like what you like.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 80 84 Devastator Constructicon Scrapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY