Thursday, September 28th, 2017 2:50am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 16,351

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236

Credit(s): Loopaza Megastore

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913301)
Posted by xMXUx on September 28th, 2017 @ 4:11am CDT
Just got the shipping notice for Hot Rod, Kup and the Sharkticons from Anime Export :DANCE: so I only have to wait another month since I chose the slow shipping method :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913306)
Posted by Qwan on September 28th, 2017 @ 5:53am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913310)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on September 28th, 2017 @ 7:23am CDT
Qwan wrote:Looks like maaybe AmiAmi has them in too? I don't know the site's layout well enough to be certain, but it looks like I can pay for Kup (the only one I ordered) now so I think they're ready to go :D

Not that it matters since I'm already getting them, but don't we usually see more official photos from Takara right before they're released?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913355)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on September 28th, 2017 @ 10:37am CDT
Va'al wrote:Courtesy once more of Loopaza Mega Store on Facebook, we have a look at the Transformers section of Figure King Oh! magazine, issue #236, featuring a small Takara Tomy Legends line-up of figures! The scan below includes G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, and the second Clone pack - check it out below.

anyone know what the DVD is?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913410)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 28th, 2017 @ 2:28pm CDT
Comparison pix of Hot Rod, Kup and Sharkticon (Takara on the right in all the pix) --

Boxed:

Source: @Alfes2010
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913413)
Posted by Kurona on September 28th, 2017 @ 2:34pm CDT
Interesting that despite the new arms, Kup clearly shares the elbow joint and part of the shoulder.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913417)
Posted by Bronzewolf on September 28th, 2017 @ 3:01pm CDT
Transformers collector Alfes2010 has posted some new Takara Legends compairison pictures over on Twitter! The photos, forwarded to us by seibertronian Cyberpath, feature Takara Legend LG-44, LG-45, and LG-46, (Sharkticon, Hot Rod, and Kup), compared with their Hasbro counterparts!
The pictures show the pretty significant difference in decos and, in some cases, molding between the figures

Check out the photos below and tell us which version to these characters you'll be picking up!

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913419)
Posted by RustedCross on September 28th, 2017 @ 3:16pm CDT
Takara did so well on these...especially Kup.
I can't wait for these to ship.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913424)
Posted by Randomhero on September 28th, 2017 @ 3:36pm CDT

Kup however I can’t wait. I ordered him even when they had that grey version.

Gnaw is a straight up Nah. I got 7 already and thy look good. Yes it’d be nice to have an alpha but it’s not needed.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913427)
Posted by shajaki on September 28th, 2017 @ 3:44pm CDT
No alt mode pics? :-(

Come on HLJ.... any time now.... :POPCORN:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913429)
Posted by primalxconvoy on September 28th, 2017 @ 4:32pm CDT
Are those pictures from HLJ? I was wondering why they were out before these toys were released! ETA for my Amazon pre-orders is between 29/09/17 - 01/10/17.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913430)
Posted by megatronus on September 28th, 2017 @ 4:32pm CDT
I didn't expect remolded parts on these guys - very nice. These hit my Anime Export account the other day, and I'm excited to get them in.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913433)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 28th, 2017 @ 4:47pm CDT
Regardless of cartoon-accuracy, I think the Takara ones look better!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913457)
Posted by Qwan on September 28th, 2017 @ 9:19pm CDT
Welp, I've slammed the pay button on my Kup order from AmiAmi. Really wish I hadn't ended up paying nearly Voyager-price for him but it's a hell of a lot better than not getting it at all. He should hopefully be turning up at my door in about a week or two :-D
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913473)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 29th, 2017 @ 2:56am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913474)
Posted by Qwan on September 29th, 2017 @ 3:04am CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:Damnation am I missing something? Is Hot Rod mis-transformed somehow and his engine part is missing from his chest? :VEHI:

From what we've seen, that's how LG Hot Rod is engineered. Retooled chest with new engineering - so there's no foldy-bit on the abs, and the engine disappears in robot mode. (It achieves this... somehow; it either stays on his back and there's a collar-piece under the car, or the engine piece flips over to become the collar-piece. I don't think we actually know for certain how it works yet, and that'll be the difference between whether you can have the engine on his chest if you want or not.)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913475)
Posted by durroth on September 29th, 2017 @ 3:18am CDT
Randomhero wrote:I canceled hot rod a couple months ago and I’m honestly going back and forth on him. He looks nice but the TR one and upcoming power of the primes one do just fine.

Kup however I can’t wait. I ordered him even when they had that grey version.

I'm tempted to get 2 gnaw, to give Tyrannicon (Repurposing Sharkticon Megatron as the sharkticon general from Retribution... despite Sharkticon Megatron being from Retribution to begin with.) some varied soldiers. Plus, sweeps.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913477)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 29th, 2017 @ 3:53am CDT
Qwan wrote:

This is quite a flaw for me Takara...WTF?! :roll: Well maybe Toyhax can make a damn decal to put on his freakin' chest. :-P

Thanks for the comment Qwan! ;)^ :VEHI:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913478)
Posted by primalxconvoy on September 29th, 2017 @ 4:00am CDT
The bonnet flips over to reveal a flat chest. I'm sure previous photos have anyway shown this.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends G2 Megatron, Targetmaster Windblade, Clone Set in Figure King 236 (1913483)
Posted by Va'al on September 29th, 2017 @ 5:56am CDT
As a follow-up to the comparison images we posted here, we also have a full slate of stock images from the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-44 Sharkticon and Sweeps, LG45 Targetmaster Hot Rod and LG46 Targetmaster Kup, in their alt-mode, robot mode, and with Targetmasters and Titan Masters posed in various ways! Check them out mirrored below via HobbySearch.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 & 2015 RID McDonald's Happy Meal Grimlock Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Transformers Cybertron Decepticon Leader Class Armada RID Prime MINTY!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (RID) Mini-Con Lancelon 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG10 Arcee Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Angry Birds Gray Silver Rare Energon Lockdown Pig Telepods Works" on EBAY