Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live

Friday, January 24th, 2014 8:53pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,473

Takara Tomy's official webpage for their upcoming Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe is now live. The figure is a redeco/remold of MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe featuring new weapons and head sculpt to give him his G2 comic appearance as drawn by Derek Yaniger. Check the images from the page mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe

Credit(s): Takara Tomy

This article was last modified on Friday, January 24th, 2014 9:27pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live (1544884)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:15pm CST
El Duque wrote:Takara Tomy's official webpage for their upcoming Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe is now live. The figure is a redeco/remold of MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe featuring new weapons and head sculpt to give him his G2 comic appearance as drawn by David Yaniger.

Derek Yaniger, not David.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live (1544894)
Posted by El Duque on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:27pm CST
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote:

Derek Yaniger, not David.

Whoops! Fixed, thanks :D
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live (1544919)
Posted by durroth on January 25th, 2014 @ 12:11am CST
the only thing keeping me from this figure is the face sculpt. I wish they had gone with a swappable faceplate like the seekers so we could choose whether we want the scowl or not.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live (1544951)
Posted by Va'al on January 25th, 2014 @ 5:45am CST
Oh dear. Oh dear dear dear.

G2 Sideswipe was my first ever Transformers toy as a kid. It was called Freccia in Italy.
This thing looks so good it brings te--- ANGRY FACE. SPIKES. TR00 METAL.

I'll be following this. :D
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live (1544952)
Posted by Burn on January 25th, 2014 @ 5:59am CST

But damn ... with those weapons it's so tempting ...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live (1544954)
Posted by Va'al on January 25th, 2014 @ 6:26am CST
Burn wrote:Never really had much interest in him, mostly due to funds and lack of space, plus I'm trying to be selective about my MP's and I regarded him as "just a repaint".

But damn ... with those weapons it's so tempting ...

I know, right?!

It just looks like a completely different thing. #-o
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live (1544977)
Posted by megatronus on January 25th, 2014 @ 9:53am CST
I've had this on preorder since the first images popped up last year. So looking forward to this :D
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live (1544981)
Posted by triKlops on January 25th, 2014 @ 10:13am CST
These pics are just getting me more super to get him in; hopeful in hand will live up to expectations.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live (1545058)
Posted by Va'al on January 25th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CST
Just for fun, Burcham's take.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live (1545442)
Posted by Marcdachamp on January 27th, 2014 @ 9:39am CST
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe Webpage Live (1547137)
Posted by Va'al on February 1st, 2014 @ 9:00pm CST
Marcdachamp wrote:I have been very selective about buying Transformers lately, and will have to continue to do so even more in the near future. But I preordered this guy in the summer, and he cannot come soon enough. MAN, what a perfect figure. I'll be debating whether or not to apply the stickers. I had the original G2 Sideswipe, so I kind of want to apply them, but I also kind of want to keep the comic look intact. Tough call.

I've only just realised that it's two sets of stickers, rather than an image of the original G2 toy as a comparison shot. This makes it even more appealing.. :BANG_HEAD:

Also, I want to do this:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers RID Robots in Disguise Fracture Warrior Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime vs Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers United UN24 Warpath Generations Deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Deluxe 2006 RID Grimlock Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron SMOKESCREEN Complete WFC Generations Select" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Robots in Disguise Megatron Voyager Classics  2006 Hasbro w/Manual" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 630509396436 Combiner Wars Victorion Robot Soft Vinyl Doll" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Universe Classic Deluxe Class: Starscream" on EBAY