TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images

TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images

Friday, November 11th, 2011 1:36pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 59,547

New full color images of TFC Toys Dino-combiner have surfaced on ACToys, and it seems they are not going for a G1 aesthetic. However, that should come as no surprise considering the original concept art for these figures didn't feature G1 colors either. The other combiner team in the images is another TFC Toys project based on the Star Cats Rescue Team cartoon, in other words not Transformers related, though they have hinted at a Denfensor-ish repaint of this team. A computer render of the Dino-comber's combined mode head has also been posted. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): ACToys, Scaleface

Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311403)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 11th, 2011 @ 1:42pm CST
Someone having to hold up the T-Rex bot again... :BANG_HEAD:

The combined head render sucks too IMO.

I've lost all interest in this.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311409)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on November 11th, 2011 @ 1:55pm CST
MASSIVE amounts of want here. be nice if it was better assembled for the second picturre though :/
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311419)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 11th, 2011 @ 2:15pm CST
SO MUCH WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :KREMZEEK:
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311424)
Posted by datguy86 on November 11th, 2011 @ 2:26pm CST
I hope it the combiner aspect gets touched up a little or at least is shown with a proper transformation. I really like the head. Reminds me a bit of an undead, vicious Praetorian-style guardsmen with a lizard's face. Of course, that could be a lotta Dark Souls talking.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311429)
Posted by Tigertrack on November 11th, 2011 @ 2:35pm CST
If I could buy it at retail, I'd jump. For 3rd party prices it needs to be really affordable for me to buy.

Looks cool, but it's flawed. Not that I could do better, but I'm being a lot pickier about what I buy now.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311441)
Posted by NTESHFT on November 11th, 2011 @ 3:17pm CST
I'm not sure I'm liking these guys right now. If that's the final paint job, I'll definitely pass.........
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311443)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 11th, 2011 @ 3:23pm CST
With the colour combination on the Dinobots there, they remind me of Zords. Except, you know, with better articulation.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311446)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 11th, 2011 @ 3:34pm CST
waiting for price, gotta finish Herc first.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311465)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on November 11th, 2011 @ 4:38pm CST
With those colors, Grimlock sorta reminds me of Dino Tyranno from Dinozaurs.
Anyways, like most third party Dinobots I wouldn't really buy them unless they retool them into the Geisters from Exkaiser, mainly that Snarl, as he'd make a really cool Armor Geist.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311483)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 11th, 2011 @ 5:37pm CST
I'm quite unimpressed with the colours. Incredibly bland. I'm quite partial to chrome on my dinobots. It just plain looks good. The colours they chose for those silly little accents are TERRIBLE. they just look very childish (oh the irony).

I don't know. They could do a lot better. They look especially bland in combined mode as well.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311484)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 11th, 2011 @ 5:37pm CST
I wouldn't say TFC have dropped the ball on this one, more like inflated it with lead and have never even been able to pick it up. Glad to see something coming that I don't want to purchase.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311522)
Posted by Optimusfan79 on November 11th, 2011 @ 7:53pm CST
This just crushed my hopes of dino combiners that I always wanted! Talk about a let down!
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311550)
Posted by dinogeist on November 11th, 2011 @ 9:47pm CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:With those colors, Grimlock sorta reminds me of Dino Tyranno from Dinozaurs.

I have that Dinozaurs dino tyranno toy,It's a awesome toy in both modes. I was kinda hoping the movie verse or TF Prime dinobots would look a bit like the dinozaurs/dinozone. with fossisized bones detail all over robot & dino alt modes.

NOW TO COMMENT on the colored 3rd party dinobots in this thread. I love the colored versions. I like the fact each dinobot received a unique color,like red or blue or purple or? having a highlight color makes each color seem like a jem or jewel.

I did notice on the bottom of the pics,their appears to be 2 huge pics of a gestalt combiner head accessory piece. if it belongs to the dinobot combiner. then the head design looks really cool & wicked. hopepully this dinobots combiner does get a few more gestalt accessories like a gestalt head. a gestalt chest plate. a few more gestalt weapons like a huge sword & huge gun blaster.

A kings crown accessory pop off/on piece for the gestalt head of the dinobots combiner. would be awesome on so many levels.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311567)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 11th, 2011 @ 11:27pm CST
I can see people liking the colors, but ... does anyone like them for their Dinobots?

I don't know why it's so hard (even for Hasbro/Takara) to use the EXACT same chrome and plastic color used in the G1 toys. MP Grimmy did it and was better off for it. If these had chrome and nice grey plastic I think a lot of people would be convinced to buy it.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311574)
Posted by rpetras on November 11th, 2011 @ 11:59pm CST
I'm really not feeling these. >:oP

The quality seems low, and I'd prefer the dinobots to be the same height rather than have the combiner gimmick.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311596)
Posted by No One on November 12th, 2011 @ 1:59am CST
Cybershark wrote:
MR Optimus Prime wrote:How about a drone dinosaur that becomes all the pieces for G1 Dinobots to combine?

i think drone pieces are lazy and they all suck, look at the failed PCC line and any other drone bots. They suck.Keeping them individual and all transforming adds value.

I meant having a sixth dinosaur that breaks apart into the add on pieces. I.E. you take it apart to make the feet, hands, head, etc.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311606)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on November 12th, 2011 @ 3:05am CST
Where me, Grimlock's, hands?

In all honesty I might still pick it up. My big gripe about it is the fact that the Slag character on one side outweighs the Swoop character on the other side. It looks super uneven.

But didn't anyone notice that there seems to be PROTECTOBOTS in that picture?! I mean, Groove doesn't look much like Groove, but C'MON! I want to know more about THAT set!
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311608)
Posted by El Duque on November 12th, 2011 @ 3:16am CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Where me, Grimlock's, hands?

Those are toys for the Star Cats Rescue Team cartoon, a non-TF related project. They have hinted at a possible Defensor repaint though.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311610)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on November 12th, 2011 @ 3:31am CST
El Duque wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Where me, Grimlock's, hands?

What the eff? Star Cats?! GIMME DEFENSORS!

In reality, though, if they repaint as Defensor, I'm DEFINITELY getting that. He's my favorite combiner.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Color Images (1311644)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on November 12th, 2011 @ 7:07am CST
All i can see is an Ultra class Protoform Optimus Prime when combined.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone WFC-E33 Weaponizer pack set MISB BOX T1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers centurion drone Megatron Mace Energon Cube Ravage Cage Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War for Cybertron Trilogy - Dinobot" on EBAY
Buy "Grandslam Cassette ~ 100% Complete 1988 G1 Transformers Action Figure W/TECH" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone Pack Trailbreaker radar dish! Mint!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone Pack G1 Ravage Cage! Mint!" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box Transformers Vs. G.I. Joe. Optimus Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Dinobot *New In Box*" on EBAY