Transformers News: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved

Friday, October 27th, 2017 5:08PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 25,544

Fellow Seibertonian Emerje has clued us in to some fantastic news! While, Takara's LG-EX Grand Maximus was put up for pre-order a couple of weeks ago (via Takara Tomy Mall), it was said that there needed to be 2,000 orders of Grand Maximus for this toy to go into production. That goal has now been achieved and Takara confirmed that on Twitter. However, the extra goal of 3,000 preorderd in order to get the bonus clear decoy/pretender has yet to be achieved. This set will be released in March of next year, and if you're still interested in preordering this figure, why not click this link to be taken to a list of our sponsors who are selling it!

For reference, here is how the image indicating the goals looked like before:

And this is how it looks like now:

Additonally, Emerje provided us with a link to hear a sound clip from the new figure! If you can't read Japanese, scroll down to the links just past the picture of the Prime Master exclusive suit and Grand Max in his starship mode.

The same Twitter post mentioned earlier also had sample artwork for Gran Maximus which may end up being featured on material related to his release, it can be found below.

And last but not least, why not check out Seibertron's own gallery of Grand Maximus and his Pretender shell to see how the figure compares to the original!

Keep your eyes glued to Seibertron.com for all the latest news!

Credit(s): Takara on Twitter

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918684)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 27th, 2017 @ 9:11pm CDT
To add, the homage is merely to the concept of Grand being a Pretender, nothing more. The actual suit is based on Waverider/Diver, and is a retool of PotP Cloudburst. :-B

And good to see the goals being met! :DANCE:
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918692)
Posted by Powered Convoy on October 27th, 2017 @ 10:27pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Fellow Seibertonian Emerje has clued us in to some fantastic news! Takara's LG-EX Grand Maximus was put up for pre-order a couple of weeks ago (via Takara Tomy Mall), shown with a translucent plastic Prime Master decoy suit homaging his original Pretender shell. The Prime Master suit was shown with the caveat that it wouldn't be included unless the threshold of 3,000 preorders were met. Based on the images below, it looks like the goal has been met, and all orders will now include a Prime Master decoy suit! It was also confirmed on Twitter that the suit will be included. This set will be released in March of next year, and if you're still interested in preordering this figure, why not click this link to be taken to a list of our sponsors who are selling it! But hurry; preorders are only currently open until next Thursday, November 2nd.

Additonally, Emerje provided us with a link to hear a sound clip from the new figure! If you can't read Japanese, scroll down to the links just past the picture showcasing the now confirmed Prime Master exclusive suit and Grand Max in his starship mode.

And last but not least, why not check out Seibertron's own gallery of Grand Maximus and his Pretender shell to see how the newly announced figure compares to the original!

Keep your eyes glued to Seibertron.com for all the latest news!

The red text means the goal was met for 2,000 records. 3,000 has yet to happen and the article should be corrected.

Randy
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918699)
Posted by Relic0037 on October 27th, 2017 @ 11:50pm CDT
Powered Convoy wrote:

Keep your eyes glued to Seibertron.com for all the latest news!

Randy

I want Grand either way, but the Prime Master suit would be a nice bonus. On the Masterforce show when he wasn't in full Grand Maximus mode, he was usually inside that Pretender shell. If the figure is produced without it, I may even consider buying some other Prime Master & doing a repaint to act as a substitute.
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918704)
Posted by Emerje on October 28th, 2017 @ 1:06am CDT
Powered Convoy wrote:The article got it wrong. That gray text means it's not yet achieved and will be a challenge.

Randy

Yep, all I tipped was that Grand Max met its release goal (and passed along the graphics the audio samples and Twitter post), I didn't say the titan master had. ;)

Emerje
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918707)
Posted by RAR on October 28th, 2017 @ 1:41am CDT

As I don't have the original G1 figure or the Botcon reissue/repaints.

I was wondering has anyone checked this ?

Does the new Fort Max "Cerebro" fit inside the old Pretender shell still ?

[If it doesn't I can't see why they can't include that too].

That said I don't mind if they venture in the 3rd party area and actually sell an official new gun, Pretender shell and sidekick accessory and so on. (perhaps a radar dish and pistol as well - maybe even a new mould small sword).

If they made an event out of it that would be worth having. i'd be surprised though if they would actually go to the trouble to make all those missing pieces when there is so very many of them... and that is without even getting into Ramp issues. or how he can fall over backwards and might need some better feet or heel supports.

But if they are not interested then I'm sure someone else will addresses a lot of that on the 3rd party scene. I feel the lack of decent ramps and the missing weapons the most though.

This one is a bit of a chin stroker - I really like the characters colours so it is very tempting (as is the other Six knight toy) but without any sign of a Scorponok or Black Zarek he'd just seem a bit lonely.

But having a double (or more) city is pretty appealing as a local of play for all the little things that are so trendy these days.
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918709)
Posted by Va'al on October 28th, 2017 @ 2:08am CDT
The article has been rewritten correctly, we apologise for the mistake. It was due to miscommunication and technical difficulties on staff.
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918728)
Posted by Agamemnon on October 28th, 2017 @ 9:40am CDT
Randomhero wrote:I ended up canceling LG Triggerhappy, Misfire and Slugslinger. It’s holiday season and after getting the Titans Return ones and standing them together I said “this is fine. These are great I don’t need the Takara ones.”

I have Kup and Hotrod and the Target Masters just arnt the selling point I originally imagined. They’re cool but I’m not attached to target masters. They all look the same and while I grew up with the cartoon and rebirth they’re still just tiny dudes that turn into oversized guns with no personalities to me. They just stand on a shelf while I give Hot Rod and Kup regular guns or no guns at all

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but for a bit of a different reason. I can get some personality out of the Target Masters as I was a big fan of the G1 cartoon as a kid. And part of me was eager to get some of the Takara stuff to get these Target Masters. (Realistically, Blurr, Kup, and Hot Rod looked so damn good, I had to get the Takara versions. So, the Target Masters were a plus.)

All that said, I am finding the Target Master figures themselves underwhelming. I just opened Kup and Hot Rod last night. And the cool head turning around with the waist turning is a very nice touch. However, the arms and legs just do not seem to peg in very well. Given the ball joints and my penchant for transforming my stuff when fiddling at my desk, I foresee much furniture polishing in my future, or just placing the Target Masters on the shelf and never fiddling with them. For the expense (sure, I am an importer, so more expensive for me than the intended audience) I'm just not that satisfied.

Also, a quick note on Kup. I love the paint job and the bot mode. However, the remolding of the arms makes the alt mode crap, in my opinion.
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918756)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 28th, 2017 @ 2:51pm CDT
RAR wrote:Considering the "correct" shell was used only recently I guess the reason they don't use is is because the new figures doesn't fit ?

Size was probably a factor:

... but the main reason is probably because in PotP the Pretenders have been shrunk to Titan Master size, and have suits to match that. Anticipating a future TakaraTomy release (with retooled face plates to match the original inner robot heads), one of those suits was chosen instead in order to remain consistent.
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918779)
Posted by shajaki on October 28th, 2017 @ 7:56pm CDT
So I finally got around to using the Sharkticon/Sweep head. I was curious to see how it looked on the Hasbro Scourge... and the answer is shockingly well! The different shade of blue is so minor that you can only notice it if you're looking for it.

And another thing that's an option, is switching out the light Takara Titan Master arms with the dark Hasbro arms. Honestly I'm not sure which I like better 8-}

Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918787)
Posted by shajaki on October 28th, 2017 @ 8:57pm CDT
Didn't realize the legs were so easy to switch out. Took another shot with Hasbro arms and legs on the Takara Sweep. I think the total lack of light pieces helps him fit in better with the body.

Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918823)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 29th, 2017 @ 7:23am CDT

Hasbro vs. Takara, from @DPT_2002 --

Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918825)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 29th, 2017 @ 7:45am CDT
The pure white of Takara's Triggerhappy makes the gray of Hasbro's Triggerhappy look faded and worn by comparison.
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918859)
Posted by Black Hat on October 29th, 2017 @ 12:15pm CDT
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918861)
Posted by steals_your_goats on October 29th, 2017 @ 12:20pm CDT
Black Hat wrote:Agreed, though I have no idea what Takara were thinking when they made the eyes the same colour as the faceplate. I'm happy with my Hasbro Triggerhappy but the Takara one does look cool.

They didn't. The mouth plate is red the face plate around the eyes is gold.
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918870)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 29th, 2017 @ 1:40pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:

They didn't. The mouth plate is red the face plate around the eyes is gold.
Yeah, Triggerhappy had red eyes, a yellow face, and a red mouthplate in both cartoons.

The Rebirth

The Headmasters

As a result, Takara's ends up being the more Rebirth-accurate version.
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918977)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 30th, 2017 @ 11:08am CDT

If we don't get there and they cancel the pretender shell, I'll cancel my preorder
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918984)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 30th, 2017 @ 11:21am CDT
I only wish the deco looked more like the G1 one. The transparent plastic really bummed me out. If they don't make it to 3000 I'll just do my own repaint and try to match the original as much as possible. >:oP
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918985)
Posted by megatronus on October 30th, 2017 @ 11:26am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:We'd better get to the 3000 preorders for the pretender suit. That is the main reason I want Grand Max.

Now THAT's commitment!
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1918992)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 30th, 2017 @ 11:34am CDT
megatronus wrote:

Now THAT's commitment!

Dude, Pretenders are one of those things that not many people like and not many get made nowadays that I love (thanks for that BURN), and I really want that shell. the figure itself would be cool, especially with the sword and the fact he can stand with my Hasbro Fort Max and he would be slightly different due to the middle head sculpt, but for me it's all about that pretender shell.
Re: The Preorder Goal to Start Production of Takara Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus Has Been Achieved (1919000)
Posted by megatronus on October 30th, 2017 @ 11:53am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
megatronus wrote:

Now THAT's commitment!

That's one expensive shell.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Binaltech BT-04  HOUND action figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 28 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Legends Hot Shot NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 38 minutes 43 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 LOT VINTAGE OPTIMUS PRIME ROLLER AND PAPER WORK  ORIGINAL 1982 - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 52 minutes
Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Takara Tomy figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 52 minutes 3 seconds
TRANSFORMERS RID COMBINERS RAIL SPIKE JRX TAKARA RACER UNIVERSE US SELLER FIGURE - Time Remaining: 19 days 23 hours 51 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Starscream Figure Voyager Class TRU Exclusive - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 57 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Generations DIRGE Complete Seeker Plane Deluxe Classics Lot - Time Remaining: 10 days 18 hours 8 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers doujinshi Crosshairs Bounce (A5 76pages) TWO GUYS - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 18 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent