This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase

Transformers News: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase

Sunday, November 27th, 2011 11:38AM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Press Releases, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 81,451

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Voice actor D.C. Douglas has updated his official blog with the characters he and the previously announced cast will be portraying on the Hub's new kids series Transformers: Rescue Bots. The Hub will be airing a sneak peek of the highly anticipated new cartoon on December 17th.

  • Steve Blum - Heatwave Rescue Bot
  • Imari Williams - Boulder Rescue Bot
  • Parvesh Cheena - Blades Rescue Bot
  • D.C. Douglas - Chase Rescue Bot
  • Maurice LaMarche - Chief Charlie Burns
  • Lacey Chabert - Dani Burns
  • Jason Marsden - Kade Burns
  • Shannon McKain - Graham Burns
  • Élan Garfias - Cody Burns
  • Diamond White - Francine Greene
  • LaVar Burton - Doc Greene
  • Jeff Bennett - Huxley Prescott
  • Peter Cullen - Optimus Prime

Image

Here is the press release for this announcement:

Confirmed: D.C. Douglas Voicing 'Transformers: Rescue Bots'

Los Angeles, CA (TSG) November 29th, 2011. The Hub confirmed last week that actor and voice over artist, D.C. Douglas (IMDb), has been cast in their much anticipated cartoon series, "Transformers: Rescue Bots," playing Chase - the police car.

Douglas has voiced several popular characters in the past, including Albert Wesker in the last 5 "Resident Evil" games, Legion in "Mass Effect 2 & 3," and numerous characters in the libertarian cult hit, "The American Dream."

"This is a whole new level, though," says Douglas. "I've just been invited into one of the coolest franchises where I get to play with other amazing actors!"

Douglas joins fellow cast-mates Steve Blum ("Wolverine," "Transformers Prime"), Lacey Chabert ("Party of Five," "Mean Girls"), LeVar Burton ("Roots," "Star Trek: The Next Generation"), Jason Marsden ("Step by Step," "Justice League"), Parvesh Cheena (NBC's "Outsourced"), Emmy winner Maurice LaMarche ("Futurama," "Pinky & The Brain") and several other voice over veterans. A breakdown of the entire cast can be found on Douglas' blog.

The Hub describes the show as "an all-new animated series following a group of Autobots charged with a mission to protect and learn about humans. Stationed on an island off the Eastern seaboard by Optimus Prime, the Transformers Rescue Bots – Heatwave, Boulder, Blades and Chase – team with a human family of first responders including a police chief, firefighter, rescue pilot and engineer to maintain peace and safety in their new found home."

Though "Transformers: Rescue Bots" premieres in early 2012, The Hub is having a sneak peek on December 17th, 2011.

Douglas can be seen in upcoming episodes of FOX's "Raising Hope," TNT's "Franklin & Bash" and ABC's "Castle." His latest film short, "The Crooked Eye" (starring Fay Masterson and Academy Award winner Linda Hunt), has just been released on iTunes through Shorts International.

D.C. Douglas is represented by AVO Talent for voice over and The Daniel Hoff Agency for film and television.

Links mentioned: www.myvoiceoverguy.com/voice-over/offic ... t-autobot/
Credit(s): DC Douglas, Holly Patterson

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317111)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 27th, 2011 @ 11:51am CST
Strange, no Bumblebee. Hmm... :-?
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317115)
Posted by Deathsanras on November 27th, 2011 @ 12:18pm CST
Until Mila Kunis takes over the Dani Burns role in season 2.

Does it seem wrong that the family of fire-fighters are named "Burns"?

Season 1 finale spoiler alert: turns out the Burns' are a family of pyromaniacs who set all the fires they fight. The Autobots end up in a gun battle with the humans, and are forced to kill them in a bloody shoot-out.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317119)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 27th, 2011 @ 12:34pm CST
Deathsanras wrote:Until Mila Kunis takes over the Dani Burns role in season 2.

Does it seem wrong that the family of fire-fighters are named "Burns"?

Season 1 finale spoiler alert: turns out the Burns' are a family of pyromaniacs who set all the fires they fight. The Autobots end up in a gun battle with the humans, and are forced to kill them in a bloody shoot-out.


Yep. That's totally appropriate, and sounds just like what the Autobots would do!

I have never seen an Autobot kill a human, evil or not. And isn't this show supposed to be for Pre-K kids? >_<
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317146)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 27th, 2011 @ 1:37pm CST
Steve Blum is Heatwave! That's all I need to make this a MUST WATCH! :D 8)

Maurice LaMarche should be great as Chief Charlie Burns.

I hope LeVar Burton and Jeff Bennet aren't only minor/guest roles.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317186)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on November 27th, 2011 @ 3:52pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Strange, no Bumblebee. Hmm... :-?


Oh god, they're gonna make him a mute again aren't they? :-?
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317205)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 27th, 2011 @ 5:01pm CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Strange, no Bumblebee. Hmm... :-?


Oh god, they're gonna make him a mute again aren't they? :-?
And this time he has a mouth too!
Image

Well, I do have one possible theory for this.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317219)
Posted by dinogeist on November 27th, 2011 @ 5:55pm CST
Gyrotron wrote:
Deathsanras wrote:Until Mila Kunis takes over the Dani Burns role in season 2.

Does it seem wrong that the family of fire-fighters are named "Burns"?

Season 1 finale spoiler alert: turns out the Burns' are a family of pyromaniacs who set all the fires they fight. The Autobots end up in a gun battle with the humans, and are forced to kill them in a bloody shoot-out.


Yep. That's totally appropriate, and sounds just like what the Autobots would do!

I have never seen an Autobot kill a human, evil or not. And isn't this show supposed to be for Pre-K kids? >_<


Since some are making jokes in this thread. i figured i'd throw my hat in the ring with a few jokes below:

Yeah the "rescue bots" writters ran out of ideas & stole the bulk of the story from the "Back draft" Movie. the burns set the fires because they were afraid the fire house would close down,so they were generating business/work for themselves. as long as nobody was inside the burning buildings,it's okay via "back draft" movie style.

in typical armada optimus prime style. in one episode of rescue bots optimus gives a big speech about forest fire safety, but optimus winds up burning down the forest anyways at the end of the episode.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317232)
Posted by Rated X on November 27th, 2011 @ 6:32pm CST
Yay !!! Give me some grey goose mixed with cranberry juice and I may watch this series !!!
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317243)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 27th, 2011 @ 6:56pm CST
Rated X wrote:Yay !!! Give me some grey goose mixed with cranberry juice and I may watch this series !!!
"Yay"? Weren't you among those who disdained this series?
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317273)
Posted by LadyBug on November 27th, 2011 @ 7:51pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Strange, no Bumblebee. Hmm... :-?


It may be like in his newest versions, he's "mute". He doesn't have a voice actor in Transformers Prime either.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317332)
Posted by Rated X on November 27th, 2011 @ 10:34pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Yay !!! Give me some grey goose mixed with cranberry juice and I may watch this series !!!
"Yay"? Weren't you among those who disdained this series?


I was being sarcastic LOL :lol:
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317486)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on November 28th, 2011 @ 1:57pm CST
I was really looking forward to it, but if 'Bee's mute again... I thought that big 'ol mouth was a good sign. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317489)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 28th, 2011 @ 2:00pm CST
Autobot Megatron wrote:I was really looking forward to it, but if 'Bee's mute again... I thought that big 'ol mouth was a good sign. :BANG_HEAD:
Then again, maybe 'Bee's not even in it. ;)

After all, the descriptions do talk about just Heatwave, Chase, Blades, and Boulder.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317501)
Posted by LadyBug on November 28th, 2011 @ 2:35pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot Megatron wrote:I was really looking forward to it, but if 'Bee's mute again... I thought that big 'ol mouth was a good sign. :BANG_HEAD:
Then again, maybe 'Bee's not even in it. ;)

After all, the descriptions do talk about just Heatwave, Chase, Blades, and Boulder.


Bee may be in it like a cameo like with Optimus Prime. They do make a Bumblebee Rescue Bot figure, so I'm sure Hasbro will try to boost sales that way. But we will just have to wait and see.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Cast and Characters Revealed, D.C. Douglas to voice Chase (1317502)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 28th, 2011 @ 2:40pm CST
LadyBug wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot Megatron wrote:I was really looking forward to it, but if 'Bee's mute again... I thought that big 'ol mouth was a good sign. :BANG_HEAD:
Then again, maybe 'Bee's not even in it. ;)

After all, the descriptions do talk about just Heatwave, Chase, Blades, and Boulder.


Bee may be in it like a cameo like with Optimus Prime. They do make a Bumblebee Rescue Bot figure, so I'm sure Hasbro will try to boost sales that way. But we will just have to wait and see.
Yeah, he might be in, but not as a main cast member.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON